Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Blind Sally posted:

GRRM's entire body of work should be required reading before people enter The Bad Thread.

Oh god, please no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Guys I'm back and I swear I haven't stolen your money.

What did I miss?

EDIT: Hey does anyone know a good repairman for golden yachts? My bilge system seems to be clogged up with whores. Also I remind you that I did not steal your money.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thornghost posted:

Guys I'm back and I swear I haven't stolen your money.

What did I miss?

EDIT: Hey does anyone know a good repairman for golden yachts? My bilge system seems to be clogged up with whores. Also I remind you that I did not steal your money.

So THAT'S where they go!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Whooooooo lives in a bilge pump under the sea?

THORNGHOST'S DEAD WHORES

Decaying and rotten, cadaverous shes!

THORNGHOST'S DEAD WHORES

If prostitute's murder be something you wish

THORNGHOST'S DEAD WHORES

Pull out your knife, gut 'em there like a fish!

THORNGHOST'S DEAD WHORES
THORNGHOST'S DEAD WHORES
THORNGHOOOOOST'S DEAD WHOOOOOOOORES

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

GRRM's entire body of work should be required reading before people enter The Bad Thread.

I've read selected passages from Wild Cards, Meathouse Man and Portraits of His Children. Please, I'd rather not go much further; GRRM is a twisted gently caress who hates people and wants everyone but himself to suffer. Unless, you know, that would interfere with their contributing to his next gimp room.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Yeah, yeah, Buzzfeed, but at least other people are getting in on the jokes:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/these-game-of-thrones-e-book-formatting-errors-are-unintenti

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Is anybody else at DragonCon? Because I totally am. I may hold an impromptu guerilla panel as T.B. Thread tonight.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm going to be down the street from it tomorrow, drowning in the wafting nerd musk, inhaling stray shame particles that drift on the orange cheese dust wind.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Everyone who is going should go to a thrift shop first and pick up a GRRM costume.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You know, Halloween is coming up. While other people are going out as Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees, we should go out as a real monster. Perhaps a writer we all know, eh? One who seems to not give a poo poo about how horrid his prose is but soldiers onwards anyway because the relentless legions of barely literate fans refuse to ever stop worshipping his every flaccid turd. You know who I mean.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Blind Sally posted:

Please trigger warning all posts containing the phrase 'GRRM's entire body' :gonk:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Speaking of Dragoncon and GRRMyness:

I have never seen so many grown men with dinky white boy baby dicks mashed into lycra. Attn: nerds. If you're gonna dress as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc., wear a cup. Everyone is laughing at your three bean salad.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have never seen so many grown men with dinky white boy baby dicks mashed into lycra. Attn: nerds. If you're gonna dress as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc., wear a cup. Everyone is laughing at your three bean salad.

Wow, check your shownormativity.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'd think you'd stop looking after awhile.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Unfortunately this is like impossible.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

p.crestmont posted:

Unfortunately this is like impossible.

It is known.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

The Dragoncon has three beans.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

What thread do you think you're in?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

You've never seen a hunched Spider-Man smuggling a gherkin and two olives, have you?

Not looking was the last option on the table.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The best part of attending any con, honestly, is the plethora of dudes in ill-fitting spandex costumes. My favourites are the endless superheroes who have had the "Obese" template added to them. It's like a weird juxtaposition because they're always drawn so beefy and swole, yet cosplayed by guys who only lift cans of Sprite. Obese Deadpool! Obese Wolverine! Obese Rorschach!

No one ever cosplays as the Blob.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The best part of attending any con, honestly, is the plethora of dudes in ill-fitting spandex costumes. My favourites are the endless superheroes who have had the "Obese" template added to them. It's like a weird juxtaposition because they're always drawn so beefy and swole, yet cosplayed by guys who only lift cans of Sprite. Obese Wolverine! Obese Wolverine! Obese Rorschach!

No one ever cosplays as the Blob.

It's fun at Gencon to compare the fat stormtroopers wearing fat stormtrooper armor, and the fat stormtroopers wearing the regular sized armor.

I hope one day to have a third comparison to a fit stormtrooper in regular sized armor, but :gencon:.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

rypakal posted:

It's fun at Gencon to compare the fat stormtroopers wearing fat stormtrooper armor, and the fat stormtroopers wearing the regular sized armor.

I hope one day to have a third comparison to a fit stormtrooper in regular sized armor, but :gencon:.

Can we get some fat midget fursuit stormtrooper action up in here?

fake edit: with a spandex crotch.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

IRQ posted:

What thread do you think you're in?
Sorry.

Are you sure these visible packages weren't just ornamental, like nipples on a breastplate?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Thankfully I've mostly avoided the grotesque in person, but most cosplay I've seen has been dumb anime poo poo and a few fairly-assed superheroes (usually ladies, heyohhhh). There's also been this sort of trend towards women Deadpools, which is cool by me.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SaviourX posted:

Thankfully I've mostly avoided the grotesque in person, but most cosplay I've seen has been dumb anime poo poo and a few fairly-assed superheroes (usually ladies, heyohhhh). There's also been this sort of trend towards women Deadpools, which is cool by me.

You mean Lady Deadpool aka Wanda Wilson?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Wanda_Wilson_(Earth-3010)

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
In other news, the silly show has recast the role of ~*~Daario~*~, who will now be played by Michiel Huisman from HBO's Treme.

And King Tommen has also been recast.

Joramun fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 31, 2013

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Joramun posted:

In other news, the silly show has recast the role of ~*~Daario~*~, who will now be played by Michiel Huisman from HBO's Treme.

Hey, don't be so quick. King Tommen might have an entirely different actor!

I'm super excited about all three of the big recasting news that's come out.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

rypakal posted:

Hey, don't be so quick. King Tommen might have an entirely different actor!

I'm super excited about all three of the big recasting news that's come out.

When the gently caress will they recast Jon Snow? Get someone with enough strength that his jaw doesn't hang open like a ravenous hyena, for the love of god.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

The only part I desperately wanted to be recast (Ygritte :barf:) has not been, unfortunately. But she's going to die soon anyway, so I guess I'll just Y-grit my teeth through her scenes for a little while longer.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I would have gone this year had I known I could have met you face to face. I would have brought lemoncake. :(

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

The clouds parted and from inbetween a sparkling beam of light shot down to Earth. It landed on an unassuming, grassy hilltop just outside the city. When the light faded again, a burly figure clad in a leather raincoat, wearing sunglasses on his face and a pair of giant, feathered wings on his back, was left standing and surveyed his surroundings. After adjusting to this new (but of course so very old) plain of existence, he levitated down from the hill and started his way toward the city.

Somewhere in the center of town, Rose Leslie was just awakening from a refreshing, full night of sleep in her obnoxiously elegant feng shui apartment. She got up and got dressed, because that's just the kind of person she was, the kind who just gets out of bed and gets dressed immediately as soon as they wake up, no hitting the snooze button or a bit of lounging around for a few minutes like a commoner, just up and out and go. It was just one of the many insufferable qualities on which she so prided herself. Fine, fresh, fierce: she had it unlocked.

Smugly, she brushed her teeth and brushed her hair (mayhaps with the same brush, mayhaps not) and finished her routine with a little jig of selfsatisfaction. Just as she was about to leave to get a latte or some other kind of pretentious caffeinated fake drink at a local non-chain coffee shoppe, she heard a loud, confident knock on the door. Just a single knock, but it was enough. Enough for Rose Leslie, enough for the uncaring Universe, and certainly enough for justice.

She opened the door and calmly looked at the man with the dark sunglasses, leather raincoat and giant feathered wings standing in front of her.

"Good day," he proclaimed in a booming, otherworldly voice.

"G'day," chirped Rose, unfazed, because Rose Leslie may be many things, not a single one of them good, but fazed is not ever one of them.

"Art thou Rose Leslie, unfazed actress who plays the barely sufferable Ygritte on the wholly unnecessary HBO program Game of Thrones?" the man asked. He already knew the answer, because he was virtually all-knowing and all-seeing, but he always liked a bit of stalling before getting to work, because otherwise it would be over so soon, and isn't that just all what life is anyway, a bit of stalling before getting it over with.

"It is I," she proclaimed, haughtily pursing her lips.

"I am here to deliver a message from God," said the angel on her doorstep.

Rose was so far from fazed, that she was almost fazed from how unfazed she in fact was. A personal message from the Creator of All Things to her, Rose Leslie, whom she knew to be the greatest thespian who had ever lived and ever would live, struck her as the most natural and expected thing in the world.

"You may deliver it to me," she said to the angel and pierced at him with her left eyebrow slightly aloft.

The Angel of Vengeance summarily conjured up a great, big, extra sharp scimitar, which he had lovingly christened J'Accuse, and chopped off Rose's smug head in one fell swoop. It rolled away from her feet and was instantly attacked by a vicious flock of bloodthirsty ravens, which consumed it entirely as her lifeless body collapsed to the floor.

"The Lord sends his regards," the angel boomed.

And that was how the Creator of Time, the Universe, and All Things in It, dispensed justice on Rose Leslie, for her crimes against humanity, the Arts, and eardrums around the world. For he is a Just lord, Rose Leslie a sinner, and her story a lesson.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
:golfclap:

Well done. Needs more sexual deviance.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

The only part I desperately wanted to be recast (Ygritte :barf:) has not been, unfortunately. But she's going to die soon anyway, so I guess I'll just Y-grit my teeth through her scenes for a little while longer.

Why do you want Ygritte re-cast? She's annoying as gently caress in the book, I'd say the show is getting her pretty well right.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Joramun posted:

I wouldn't mind not knowing if he was in me or I was in him.

So what's with all the recasting this season?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I wouldn't mind not knowing if he was in me or I was in him.

So what's with all the recasting this season?

The beanpole mountain looked all wrong, Dario was fugly with a capital snaggletooth, and original Tommen probably just couldn't convincingly talk about Joffrey raping him.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Apparently there's supposed to be another book in this series... ?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96016-twow-spoilers-worldcon-reading-second-tyrion-chapter/#entry4903746

quote:

What was Aragorn’s tax policy?... Those kinds of questions are what inspired this series.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joramun posted:

The clouds parted and from inbetween a sparkling beam of light shot down to Earth. It landed on an unassuming, grassy hilltop just outside the city. When the light faded again, a burly figure clad in a leather raincoat, wearing sunglasses on his face and a pair of giant, feathered wings on his back, was left standing and surveyed his surroundings. After adjusting to this new (but of course so very old) plain of existence, he levitated down from the hill and started his way toward the city.

Somewhere in the center of town, Rose Leslie was just awakening from a refreshing, full night of sleep in her obnoxiously elegant feng shui apartment. She got up and got dressed, because that's just the kind of person she was, the kind who just gets out of bed and gets dressed immediately as soon as they wake up, no hitting the snooze button or a bit of lounging around for a few minutes like a commoner, just up and out and go. It was just one of the many insufferable qualities on which she so prided herself. Fine, fresh, fierce: she had it unlocked.

Smugly, she brushed her teeth and brushed her hair (mayhaps with the same brush, mayhaps not) and finished her routine with a little jig of selfsatisfaction. Just as she was about to leave to get a latte or some other kind of pretentious caffeinated fake drink at a local non-chain coffee shoppe, she heard a loud, confident knock on the door. Just a single knock, but it was enough. Enough for Rose Leslie, enough for the uncaring Universe, and certainly enough for justice.

She opened the door and calmly looked at the man with the dark sunglasses, leather raincoat and giant feathered wings standing in front of her.

"Good day," he proclaimed in a booming, otherworldly voice.

"G'day," chirped Rose, unfazed, because Rose Leslie may be many things, not a single one of them good, but fazed is not ever one of them.

"Art thou Rose Leslie, unfazed actress who plays the barely sufferable Ygritte on the wholly unnecessary HBO program Game of Thrones?" the man asked. He already knew the answer, because he was virtually all-knowing and all-seeing, but he always liked a bit of stalling before getting to work, because otherwise it would be over so soon, and isn't that just all what life is anyway, a bit of stalling before getting it over with.

"It is I," she proclaimed, haughtily pursing her lips.

"I am here to deliver a message from God," said the angel on her doorstep.

Rose was so far from fazed, that she was almost fazed from how unfazed she in fact was. A personal message from the Creator of All Things to her, Rose Leslie, whom she knew to be the greatest thespian who had ever lived and ever would live, struck her as the most natural and expected thing in the world.

"You may deliver it to me," she said to the angel and pierced at him with her left eyebrow slightly aloft.

The Angel of Vengeance summarily conjured up a great, big, extra sharp scimitar, which he had lovingly christened J'Accuse, and chopped off Rose's smug head in one fell swoop. It rolled away from her feet and was instantly attacked by a vicious flock of bloodthirsty ravens, which consumed it entirely as her lifeless body collapsed to the floor.

"The Lord sends his regards," the angel boomed.

And that was how the Creator of Time, the Universe, and All Things in It, dispensed justice on Rose Leslie, for her crimes against humanity, the Arts, and eardrums around the world. For he is a Just lord, Rose Leslie a sinner, and her story a lesson.

Nice

Joramun posted:

I'd like if they recast Robb and Whatshername so I could see them both get viciously murdered again.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

They'll probably turn Talisa into Lady Stoneheart instead of Cat, just so they can say they changed another thing from the books.

And wee baby Ned inside her belly thus becomes Baby Stoneheart. He'll be like Krang from TMNT.

Joramun fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 1, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The show would be a lot more interesting if we had brain aliens from another dimension working with a disfigured ninja master from this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joramun posted:

Why recast her? Her acting skill is equal to that of Jon's. They're a perfect duo of terribly awful and when they're both so poo poo, you can safely skip their scenes knowing you've missed nothing.