Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bad move for Matri, he needs to start regularly in order to be good and he definitely wont be ahead of Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oilcheck my rear end posted:

As a sidenote: would you mind indicating what the really good matches are going to be each week? I recognize the big derbies and such but don't know much about the smaller teams and I'm trying to watch a lot more this year. :)

Fiorentina matches should be good as they made a lot of astute signings over the summer and Montella is a good young (relatively) manager that I feel will manage the top sides eventually. Parma will be interesting largely because of Cassano. Catania has been a good bet in recent years but they've had to sell a lot of their good players over this window. I still think that their core of Bergessio, Barrientos and Izco is one of the best in Serie A so they should be good to watch.

I'll begrudgingly mention Hellas even though I hate them. Verona's a big city and they have a big stadium full of really fanatical fans. Chievo is the city's second team and always has been despite them being in a better league for the better part of a decade at this point. Hellas can take down the big boys as we've already seen and they always have a vibrant atmosphere at their matches.

Drogadon posted:

Bad move for Matri, he needs to start regularly in order to be good and he definitely wont be ahead of Mario.

Mario will be suspended soon enough; he'll get his chances. I pretty much agree with you, but he'll get more opportunities than at Juve at least. I know I mentioned it already but Allegri was the manager to make him relevant in this league and Im sure that had something to do with it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

oilcheck my rear end posted:

As a sidenote: would you mind indicating what the really good matches are going to be each week? I recognize the big derbies and such but don't know much about the smaller teams and I'm trying to watch a lot more this year. :)

On Saturday watch both if you can. Juve - Lazio should be the highlight of the matchday and Chievo - Napoli should be entertaining to see if Napoli take advantage of their great squad, Chievo are usually tough in that mid-table team way. Also a chance to use the Gomez button.

On Sunday watch Roma hopefully beat up Hellas and then it's a tough choice between the rest. If you want non-traditional I would choose Bologna-Sampdoria

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Posted on the summer transfer thread, but the name of the player warrants a cross-post:

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 56s
Wow. @SPORTBILD reporting that KP Boateng having a medical at Schalke at the moment.

"Thanks for getting us through to the group stage. Now gtfo lol"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wow, that escalated quickly.

At least we all got to see one more epic Tiziano Crudeli explosion this week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Aw, well can't say that's too unexpected. Now I can see why Matri made the switch, I bet he starts on the right against Cagliari this weekend.

Gonna miss Boateng, but he put in a lot of poo poo shifts to go with his gems. It was a good run, I wish him well!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

GD, Matri for Boateng seems like a really poo poo switch in this posters opinion.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Benitez was asked if Higuain's boating accident would affect him playing this weekend

Rafa Benitez posted:

His only problem at the moment is shaving.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

GD, Matri for Boateng seems like a really poo poo switch in this posters opinion.

I can't say I agree with you, really, but we'll see.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Supposedly you're getting Kaka now until January, when you get Honda, and then Kaka moves to Galaxy.

Only thing the Matri/Kaka/Honda transfer I don't like is that il Faraone is basically cut off, which is a pity. Unless they sell him too?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Supposedly you're getting Kaka now until January, when you get Honda, and then Kaka moves to Galaxy.

Only thing the Matri/Kaka/Honda transfer I don't like is that il Faraone is basically cut off, which is a pity. Unless they sell him too?

How so? He has the left side of the attacking three locked up. Matri will replace Boateng on the right and the other two are midfielders. I don't think Stephan is going anywhere. Now if we play a 4-3-1-2 I still think El Shaarawy starts over anybody else as a pair with Balotelli.

E: could also play a dangerous 4-2-3-1 with Montolivo and De Jong in front of the defenders and El Sha, Honda/Kaka/Saponara, Matri/Niang behind Mario. That's risky though, puts a lot of defensive pressure on those wide forwards.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 30, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

How so? He has the left side of the attacking three locked up. Matri will replace Boateng on the right and the other two are midfielders. I don't think Stephan is going anywhere. Now if we play a 4-3-1-2 I still think El Shaarawy starts over anybody else as a pair with Balotelli.

I would think in a 4-3-1-2 with the expense made Matri wouldn't go to bench, but you're right, if they keep the 4-3-3 he's still there.

Conte in presser:

"Con le cessioni di Matri e Giaccherini la #Juventus si č indebolita. Io non ho avallato niente, ho subito le decisioni"
"With Matri and Giaccherini's sales Juventus is weakened. I didn't agree to anything, I had to suffer the decisions"

:stare:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Poor Conte, I guess you'll just have to suffer along with the superior players brought in for their positions over the past 2 seasons.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Conte seems like a hoarder.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Matri took the number 9...also there's a rumor going around that Nocerino might leave too. He's turned to poo poo now but I think he's worth keeping, especially since Traoré hasn't been officially released yet and I don't want him anywhere near the pitch.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

BYE BYE BYE TENG TENG TENG

:(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

BYE BYE BYE TENG TENG TENG

:(

Seems like even Tiziano knew something was up, he also said "BALO BALO BALOT TELLI TELLI TELLI" yesterday

Some league news:

Gargano to Parma is done, that seems like a good signing all around. Not needed at Napoli, they get 3 million if Parma buys.
Petagna was close to Samp but Preziosi has stepped in and might bring him to Genoa. Knowing the Milan-Genoa train that's a possibility for sure.
Niang might be swapped for Kucka. If that isn't a loan or split ownership I'll be mad. Niang needs to play and he'll need to leave to do that but I still think he's got some quality in him and just needs the time. It would be foolish to sell in my opinion.
Belfodil has not convinced Mr. Mazzarri and will be sent to either Bologna or Sassuolo.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Scott Bakula posted:

Benitez was asked if Higuain's boating accident would affect him playing this weekend

Benitez, don't make me start liking you. If he does an interview in Nnapuletan I'd really have to rethink my stance. Same goes for winning the Scudetto.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Belfodil has not convinced Mr. Mazzarri and will be sent to either Bologna or Sassuolo.

This is amusing to me, considering what they paid for half of his rights. But then again, there are rumors that Llorente is going to be shipped out before the season started, which would be even more cringeworthy considering the amount of fanfare Juve had created since his contract agreement last winter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

This is amusing to me, considering what they paid for half of his rights. But then again, there are rumors that Llorente is going to be shipped out before the season started, which would be even more cringeworthy considering the amount of fanfare Juve had created since his contract agreement last winter.

Yeah but at least Juve paid all of 0 euros for him.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Spurs signed Lamela from Roma:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23903926

Is this all part of the future plan for Roma?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Funkysauce posted:

Spurs signed Lamela from Roma:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23903926

Is this all part of the future plan for Roma?

Get with the times this happened days ago!!!!

No but seriously, I made a post about this earlier and I think it's worth repeating. I think Roma's money is going to the new stadium right now and they're going to willingly compete at a lower level until such a time comes when the stadium is done and they can start focusing on the squad again. Selling Marquinhos to PSG for an enormous sum was good but I think if they were honest about getting ot the CL they wouldn't have sold Lamela as well. They'll be upper mid table for the next few years unless they pull some magic out of their academy or something.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Get with the times this happened days ago!!!!

No but seriously, I made a post about this earlier and I think it's worth repeating. I think Roma's money is going to the new stadium right now and they're going to willingly compete at a lower level until such a time comes when the stadium is done and they can start focusing on the squad again. Selling Marquinhos to PSG for an enormous sum was good but I think if they were honest about getting ot the CL they wouldn't have sold Lamela as well. They'll be upper mid table for the next few years unless they pull some magic out of their academy or something.

You know, I remember your post and totally din't think it was Lamela. I'm so fried. Work, Serie A, NFL, MLB, Formula 1, making tomato sauce this weekend. Just too much happening.

I honestly don't think that Roma can get away with a "Rebuilding Phase". As a Mets fan I've come to accept that my team's owners and front office are lovely, I will deal with a rebuilding phase. Roma hasn't won since when? 2001? A rebuilding/modernization phase won't go over well. At least that's what I think.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I can see boa going for bundesliga. But Schalke? Really!?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's said that the best players belong in the Bundesliga since leaving

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Marrone is going to go to Sassuolo on a co-ownership deal, €3.5 for half of his rights. If that goes down, seems like a good situation for all involved, he's at an age where he really can't afford to sit anymore.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Good. Peace Boateng. You were poo poo except when you wanted to shop window yourself. If you kept 27 I wouldn't hate you, but since you took the 10 I do. Have fun being a poo poo player at Schalke.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Marrone is going to go to Sassuolo on a co-ownership deal, €3.5 for half of his rights. If that goes down, seems like a good situation for all involved, he's at an age where he really can't afford to sit anymore.

This is good, he has a good future but he needs to start games in order to achieve his potential. Really didn't want Juve to sell him.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

grvm posted:

Good. Peace Boateng. You were poo poo except when you wanted to shop window yourself. If you kept 27 I wouldn't hate you, but since you took the 10 I do. Have fun being a poo poo player at Schalke.

But Schalke? That's like a trade to Hellas.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ok, now Allegri really is talking about how Milan doesn't need another CB: "Why we don't need a central defender? We evaluated the team, and we only conceded 12 goals last season from January."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Juve Lazio today should be entertaining

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Soulex posted:

But Schalke? That's like a trade to Hellas.
It's like that old proverb imo:
poo poo player, poo poo team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Ok, now Allegri really is talking about how Milan doesn't need another CB: "Why we don't need a central defender? We evaluated the team, and we only conceded 12 goals last season from January."

This is such a bad argument and he's just repeating what Silvio is saying. It's really annoying that he does this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hamsik is a monster.

E: also lol at Higuain's chin bandage.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

what a great goal by the slovakian skinhead

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm going to go do something outside my house today and will miss Juve-Lazio, here's hoping I return to some dodgy youtube videos of Pogba scoring some goals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I'm going to go do something outside my house today and will miss Juve-Lazio, here's hoping I return to some dodgy youtube videos of Pogba scoring some goals.

Lol check out this thing doer over here

poo poo defending by Napoli there, though Hetemaj's cross was real nice, right past Britos.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Even worse defending from Chievo, easy tap in by Callejon. Nice nutmeg from Higuain for the assist.

E: remember when Thereau was the next big thing? Nice open net miss.

E2: lol right through Reina's legs. 2-2!

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 31, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Defense is overrated, anyway

har

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Even worse defending from Chievo, easy tap in by Callejon. Nice nutmeg from Higuain for the assist.

E: remember when Thereau was the next big thing? Nice open net miss.

E2: lol right through Reina's legs. 2-2!
the first from hamsik was a great team goal in addition to the finish, 11 passes. nice stuff.

that bicycle kick assist, even if unintentional, was cool.

• Locked thread