Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Onmi posted:

Wait I thought it was Zero Sr. not Zero II

It's both. Akane was Zero I, making this mastermind Zero II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Battle Pigeon posted:

I take no responsibility for accuracy, but here's an "improved version" where Sigma has figured out how to type words :v:

So now the username and password are both "Sigma"?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Vil posted:

So now the username and password are both "Sigma"?

There are 9 characters for each field (9? where have we heard that number before...?) and we never see him press tab or anything, so it's more like:

Username: sigmasigm
Password: asigmasig

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I am not redrawing it again, so yes. Yes they are. :colbert:

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
Is it possible to make an avatar sized version of the ththththth one? I can't stop laughing at it. It's awesome.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

saihate posted:

Is it possible to make an avatar sized version of the ththththth one? I can't stop laughing at it. It's awesome.

I can't remember if the maximum length of a side is 125 or 150 pixels, so I erred on the side of caution. Both versions are under 20k.

Scaled:

Cropped, then scaled, to preserve a little more detail:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Just as I finished attempting one as well! 125px is the limit.

So, how about that new route we're about to take?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The Story So Far...

That chart is definitely going to be huge by the end of the LP. I may end up adding or removing major/minor things depending on how the paths differ. I tried to hit all the major events, hope I got them all.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Color Printer posted:

The Story So Far...

That chart is definitely going to be huge by the end of the LP. I may end up adding or removing major/minor things depending on how the paths differ. I tried to hit all the major events, hope I got them all.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Like, you're literally a scholar. Of the plot. Yeah.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

One thing I've noticed is that the first option has won every poll so far. Is there another polling site that makes it so that the order of the options are randomized?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dr. Stab posted:

One thing I've noticed is that the first option has won every poll so far. Is there another polling site that makes it so that the order of the options are randomized?

I think it's more coincidence than anything. People are clearly just interested in allying with Luna a bunch.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

It's probably no coincidence that they put a path like this under the "choose the first option every time" option. What's that? You just picked the first option every time and you wanted to reach an ending? Nice try, bub, make some actual decisions this time.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I was a bit confused as to why Fedule mentioned that he needed a "failsafe" for some situations in voting, and it seems like I wasn't the only one. I just realized what he was talking about.

Assuming that the first door choice is off the top of the screen, take a look at the flowchart and count how many different divergences we could have made from our chosen path.

Now, how many choices did we have in the vote?

I don't think this is a spoiler since it doesn't really give any new information about the plot. I just thought it should be pointed out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Divergences occur during voting and/or picking a door, from all indication.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Divergences occur during voting and/or picking a door, from all indication.

I think what was being pointed out was that after the first door, we don't seem to be able to go through our pick of the three doors - it's either we get two doors to pick, or just one.

So I guess if we hadn't picked Luna for the green door, either K or Clover would object to going with Sigma.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh, I see what you mean.

I doubt Clover would object too much since she was going with Alice, so it was probably K.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I was a bit confused as to why Fedule mentioned that he needed a "failsafe" for some situations in voting, and it seems like I wasn't the only one. I just realized what he was talking about.

Assuming that the first door choice is off the top of the screen, take a look at the flowchart and count how many different divergences we could have made from our chosen path.

Now, how many choices did we have in the vote?
Isn't it really freaking obvious that one of the round 2 door options are invalid and it's the one K explicitly stated wasn't acceptable?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm disappointed that there's still survivors at the end of that arc. :colbert:

I also like how going with Luna and being nice to her got so many people killed. "What's that? You're a nice guy and you pick the cute doctor who is also a nice person (that we can tell so far, although she may have killed someone, but hey, who hasn't in this game? :v:), so we're just going to make sure EVERYONE ELSE DIES." Shows what I know about people.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

maswastaken posted:

Isn't it really freaking obvious that one of the round 2 door options are invalid and it's the one K explicitly stated wasn't acceptable?

I actually noticed that and went to my game to check that option. Now I cannot say anything further because spoilers. I was going to ask Fedule about it but then I remembered I could do it myself.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
The game gives us the choice of Red/Green/Blue doors, but there are only two paths as a result of that choice. It would appear that one choice will put us on the same path as another, but probably with slightly different dialogue. Either that, or there's a quick snippet of "NO IDIOT" before we have to re-choose.

maswastaken posted:

Yeah. Given that there is no readily apparent reason for anyone to stop you going through Blue with K, I would like to encourage everyone to vote for Red, just to see what happens.

Not necessarily this round of voting, but definitely before we go through Blue!

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

I'm disappointed that there's still survivors at the end of that arc. :colbert:

I also like how going with Luna and being nice to her got so many people killed. "What's that? You're a nice guy and you pick the cute doctor who is also a nice person (that we can tell so far, although she may have killed someone, but hey, who hasn't in this game? :v:), so we're just going to make sure EVERYONE ELSE DIES." Shows what I know about people.
Who said that arc was finished? We just can't continue down it yet.

I'm going to guess that continuing down this path is necessary for the good ending, but it's not at all the good ending.

It's quite possible no one survives this path. Zero III might kill everyone off for breaking the rules. Or maybe Quark is alive, opens the door, but is kept from going through. Thus everyone is trapped. And Quark kills Phi and Sigma, then commits suicide or something. Quark did say everyone was going to die.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Not quite. He corrected himself immediately - everyone has to die.

The only rulebreakers are Clover, Tenmyouji and Quark. Two of these have been confirmed as punished accordingly, Phi alone really hopes Quark has not been.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I'm surprised nobody asked where the handcuffs even came from that the mystery murderer used to chain up Ten and Clover.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Penakoto posted:

I'm surprised nobody asked where the handcuffs even came from that the mystery murderer used to chain up Ten and Clover.

Which character here would you be surprised to find a pair of handcuffs on? Quark, maybe.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Just as I finished attempting one as well! 125px is the limit.

So, how about that new route we're about to take?

RoeCocoa posted:

I can't remember if the maximum length of a side is 125 or 150 pixels, so I erred on the side of caution. Both versions are under 20k.

Scaled:

Cropped, then scaled, to preserve a little more detail:

Thanks so much! I wish I hadn't completed the game, this avatar would be perfect for speculation posts.

I wasn't able to vote, but I would've voted to betray Luna. Betraying Luna feels terrible, but if we're bound to do it sometime, might as well do it soon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

saihate posted:

Thanks so much! I wish I hadn't completed the game, this avatar would be perfect for speculation posts.

I wasn't able to vote, but I would've voted to betray Luna. Betraying Luna feels terrible, but if we're bound to do it sometime, might as well do it soon.

Fedule's said they're not going to be doing every path as things drag on, so if it's not a required one we may not be bound to do it sometime.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

Oh, I see! That's a wise choice. Then testing all the branches first and working from there sounds like a better choice.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Do whatever you want, Fedule, but please cut down on the cliffhangers for the next round. Four cliffhangers for four pretty short updates right after each other is pretty excessive.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I guess you could combine updates if it doesn't end up being too long, but I don't see how you can logically end some of these updates NOT on a cliffhanger.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cardiovorax posted:

Do whatever you want, Fedule, but please cut down on the cliffhangers for the next round. Four cliffhangers for four pretty short updates right after each other is pretty excessive.

You realize this is only going to encourage him to put in more cliffhangers, right?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Fedule, post one screenshot per update.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zoe posted:

Fedule, post one screenshot per update.
And one update every five minutes.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

Pierzak posted:

And one update every five minutes.

Fedule will pioneer the new format of LP: Twitter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Accursed Walrus posted:

Fedule will pioneer the new format of LP: Twitter.

"With so many people dead, Alice, Clover, Dio, K, and Tenmyouji, I realize now that the killer can only be"#cliffhangerfrom140characterlimit

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Cardiovorax posted:

There's no moment in VLR that wouldn't work as a cliffhanger. Why do you think people stay up until morning to play this game?

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Yeah, at this point I'm less on the edge of my seat and more frustrated.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I kinda prefer this, because god knows I'm not responsible enough to keep myself from binging through it and missing a bunch of sleep.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Well, don't worry, because we're starting a new path and things are about to slow down again.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Noooo! Catching up to the end of this thread sucks. Particularly as I obeyed the first post, and went away to spend a while reading the 9-9-9 LP.
Must. Not. Buy. 3DS.
Must. Not.

A couple of things have struck me over this read-through, though. One is that the password on the terminal is shown as *** *** *** -- seems to me that the obvious fit for that would be "ATE THE SUN". Of course, I'm still not sure about the login. NINTHLION maybe, dropping the erroneous 'E'? Who knows.

The other is that there was a lot of game theory earlier that discussed the Prisoner's Dilemma. Tit For Tat is a great strategy, but it does assume that you know for certain what your opponent voted in the previous round. Surely we can't actually assume that we know what any member of a pair voted in any round? Think of the first-round vote of Ten vs Dio and Quark. OK, together Dio and Quark voted to betray. Then imagine we pull Quark as our opponent in the next round. What the hell did he vote? For Game Theory purposes, we can assume absolutely nothing...

EDIT:
~VVVVVVVV~ I do understand that the player is not supposed to be able to get the password at this point. It just leapt out at me as an obvious possibility, given the patterns, so I thought I'd mention it. Y'know, feed a bone to the lion's den of those who've already played through this all and like to sit out there giggling at the ignorance of the rest of us.

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ghostwoods posted:

A couple of things have struck me over this read-through, though. One is that the password on the terminal is shown as *** *** *** -- seems to me that the obvious fit for that would be "ATE THE SUN". Of course, I'm still not sure about the login. NINTHLION maybe, dropping the erroneous 'E'? Who knows.

There isn't much of a point in trying to guess the password now, since we have to find it out somewhere else, not from what was seen in the playthrough.

• Locked thread