Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

senrath posted:

So, Uwe Boll is trying to raise $500k to make a movie adaptation of Postal 2.

POSTAL 2 by EVENT FILM

If he were smart he would record a video of himself getting his rear end kicked in an MMA ring and sell the stream. Then again if he were smart he'd make good movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Machai posted:

Are they really crunchy and electrocute you when you try to eat them?

No, they just overfill their burritos so they fall apart and then you can't get the smell of burrito fillings off your hands for hours. Last time I went there I had a fish burrito and my hands smelt like the dumpster at the local fishmonger for days.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We already saw a high-tech taco before.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Since the launch of KickStarter, the word 'Wallet' is becoming more and more of a meaningless phrase. In the near future we will simply carry loose coins and bank notes around in our pockets. If any of those bills happen to have a bit of lint on them, then each individual fiber will count as a wallet.

For just 10 dollars, you get early access to this website that tells you the location of any and all nearby public toilets. That's great value for money! Pledge fifty bucks and get a free tote bag and T-shirt, :nws: which the project starter shows off here. :nws:

Pacman & Peso Make a Music Video in North Korea. Two up and coming rap stars need to generate buzz to really get their careers started. The way they do this is by filming a music video in North Korea. Because they know a diplomat that tries to get the two Koreas talking again.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Zybourne Clock posted:

Since the launch of KickStarter, the word 'Wallet' is becoming more and more of a meaningless phrase. In the near future we will simply carry loose coins and bank notes around in our pockets. If any of those bills happen to have a bit of lint on them, then each individual fiber will count as a wallet.

I can't believe no-one thought of this sooner! It's like a wallet, but instead of a leather container that keeps your cards and cash conveniently together it has a piece of metal to rip your pocket seams and stab you in tender parts! Brilliant!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
None of these clever wallets would be much use in Europe (at least on their own), because we actually use coins in day to day transactions. The smallest paper bill in the UK is worth $7.50, and the largest coin about $3.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DoctorTristan posted:

I can't believe no-one thought of this sooner! It's like a wallet, but instead of a leather container that keeps your cards and cash conveniently together it has a piece of metal to rip your pocket seams and stab you in tender parts! Brilliant!

If you don't like that design I know where you can find 294 more, one of them might suit your needs. :v:

That's just on Amazon, there's doubtless hundreds more on other sites.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It worked for Constanza, why wouldn't it work for them?

Yare
Jan 9, 2008
Legend
Cross-posted from the OUYA thread:

Hilarious chestbeating :staredog:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997247042/gridiron-thunder-awesome-indie-football-game-for-o/comments

(for those who can't reach the comments section)

Tyler Durden posted:

@dragonbait @Goat mogotxt INC is suspended by the California secretary of state and the CEO's former law firm Capstone is under an ethics lawsuit...good way to launder money on kickstarter eh?
Case number CGC 13 528884 in San Francisco Superior Court
CA Secretary of State info
Entity Number Date Filed Status Entity Name Agent for Service of Process
C2727208 03/11/2005 SUSPENDED MOGOTXT, INC. ANDREW WON

MogoTXT posted:

Dear Tyler (we know this is not your real name):

The corporate suspension of MogoTXT is just due to an oversight. This happens when the California Secretary of State does not receive or misplaces an annual status filing. It is fairly commonplace and now that we know about it, we will rectify this first thing tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with our company.

As for your statement that we are laundering money and that Andrew Won or his law firm is under an ethics lawsuit, these are very serious and grievous allegations. And as you know, these accusations are completely false and misleading. You made these false statements to harm us. Hence, your statements are defamatory and legally actionable.

Andrew Won and his law firm are not and have never been the subject of any ethics lawsuit or investigation of any kind by anyone. Ever.

And of course our company is not laundering money. We are just raising funds on KickStarter to build a football game. But you know this.

Andrew Won used to serve the State Bar of California as bar examiner and in that capacity used to help the State Bar of California determine which bar applicants should be admitted to practice law in the State of California and which should not. He also used to serve as an adjunct professor at Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco. He has an impeccable record as a lawyer. You picked the wrong lawyer to slander and defame.

You have crossed some very serious lines here that go far beyond making a reasonable post on a community-oriented website.

Unless you come forward, reveal your true identity to everyone, and publicly apologize to us for your statements by 9:00 a.m. PDT tomorrow, we are going to identify you through KickStarter, track you down, and bring legal action against you for your actions.

Let us be very clear with you so that there is no misunderstanding. This is not some idle threat. We will find you and commence legal action against you for what you did.

We are fine with reasonable comments by members of the KickStarter community (not that all of the posts have been reasonable) but your statements went far beyond what is legally permissible.

Either reveal your true identity to everyone, and publicly apologize for your statements by 9:00 a.m. PDT tomorrow or get ready for a lawsuit. We will file the complaint with the court and serve it you next week.

(edit: they suspect the post is by a guy working for a contracting firm that MogoTXT didn't hire, based on private communication. He is actively trying to slander and defame MogoTXT. *shrug*)

Yare has a new favorite as of 11:46 on Aug 30, 2013

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

$10 is a lot but this might actually end up being a hot seller if its $1 or free with ad support, I can't count the number of times I had to buy a coffee to use the starbucks bathroom

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Zybourne Clock posted:

Now, is that 1-4 bills in addition to the six cards your wallet can carry, or is it an either-or proposition?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

OrganizedInsanity posted:

$10 is a lot but this might actually end up being a hot seller if its $1 or free with ad support, I can't count the number of times I had to buy a coffee to use the starbucks bathroom

The quintessential New York experience.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Then again if he were smart he'd make good movies
I thought the point was he was so smart he knows that because of a German government loophole he can make lovely movies and he and his investors can massively profit off them?

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Who cares about OUYA? Soon we're all going to be playing unlimited numbers of procedurally generated games.
Playing them anywhere.
On a wall. On a car. On a door.
Coming in 2014.
OTON

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zybourne Clock posted:

Forget lint, why not just make a KickStarter for leather pants and market them as "Wearable Wallets"? Doesn't get more stylish than that.

Squibidyflop
Jul 30, 2013

A Good Username posted:

Who cares about OUYA? Soon we're all going to be playing unlimited numbers of procedurally generated games.
OTON

So basically, it's a modern games console? :rimshot:

Admiral Heklar
May 2, 2012

Gate Camper

A Good Username posted:

Playing them anywhere.
Coming in 2014.
OTON

This thing looks totally legit, they havent even renewed their website address, http://otonx.com/. Definitely a professional outfit here guys... here take all my money...

Wendell
May 11, 2003

fondue posted:

I thought the point was he was so smart he knows that because of a German government loophole he can make lovely movies and he and his investors can massively profit off them?

But they closed his loophole :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A Good Username posted:

Playing them anywhere.
Coming in 2014.
OTON

This is the biggest scam ever. They took money last year on their site (otonx.com, though the domain expired yesterday) and then kind of disappeared.

Here's the "CEO"'s reply to someone on their facebook page saying it's a scam:

quote:

I'm going to be as professional and polite as possible with my reply Maksim. I will not allow you or anyone else to defame my hard work, and work of my team with false lies and false rumors. 1.) We have the specifications for the current board for the OTON use at OTONX.com. 2.) We have spoke with a vendor sir if we hit a certain volume we can get volume discount. I been doing this for 10 years sir and I do have a better handle on the development of a game console more than you think. We will only use the best parts for our console and to meet a price point that people can afford. As for the Kinect feature sir, we also have a vendor that will provide a near similar function for OTON if we meet our volume goals. 3.) I'm going to say this and say it once. I Have Develop A Algorithm that create games!!! It is clearly in the video sir! No it's not complete just like any other start up or project. For some reason we're not allowed to have a working model but others get a pass. Why is that sir? The games will be different! You play the same games over and over on other systems for years and plunk your money down like nothing! So don't come to my FB page saying my tech isn't real sir! Our system will use the same quality and care to develop games. It seem that folks are mad that I worked my butt off for three years and found a better way to improve an out dated console model sir! 4.) Sir my EVO units sold out and sir for the record those units were beta units for testing so we could get feedback. So don't come on my FB with miss leading facts. We're pleased with our EVO console. 5). Sir I have no intentions taking anyone money if we don't make our goal. Flexible spending was based on votes and feedback from this very community! So stop looking for a reason to bring lies to my LIFE work! If you don't support us move on. And last sir! I created a Android console before Ouya almost two years before these guys...it's just they had the media coverage we didn't get. I will close with this sir! Don't come on my FB pages spreading lies and miss information about my work that I have spent my money, my time and love for this industry on. It's obvious some other issues are going on for people to think we are trying to scam folks and it has nothing to do with OTON.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Forget lint, why not just make a KickStarter for leather pants and market them as "Wearable Wallets"? Doesn't get more stylish than that.

They're not pants but here's an Indiegogo project for Wearable Wallets. Finally the wallet:human dynamic has been revolutionised by combining them with state-of-the-art technology (clips and belts)!!!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They're not pants but here's an Indiegogo project for Wearable Wallets. Finally the wallet:human dynamic has been revolutionised by combining them with state-of-the-art technology (clips and belts)!!!

What's up with the third person here?

Just clip it on your bra, that you're wearing backwards...

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

wa27 posted:

What's up with the third person here?

So the breasts don't usually go in the front?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Machai posted:

So the breasts don't usually go in the front?

Oh, it's obvious now. All I could see was a profile of her facing away in her hair on the right.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

A Good Username posted:

Playing them anywhere.
Coming in 2014.
OTON

Secret Maryo Chronicles?

What's the game they show the console projecting on the wall (car/door) at 0:50? I'm assuming it's some existing console game from a completely different developer?

EDIT:

Awful Kickstarters: I Have Develop A Algorithm that create games!!!

Fatkraken has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Aug 30, 2013

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fatkraken posted:

None of these clever wallets would be much use in Europe (at least on their own), because we actually use coins in day to day transactions. The smallest paper bill in the UK is worth $7.50, and the largest coin about $3.
Ahem:
:scotland::scotland:

The Bank of England should bring those back too, they're a lot more convenient for nights out (and microwallets :v:)
e: Also a lot harder to counterfeit. A ridiculous percentage of pound coins are fake.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
When you do a search on Kickstarter for 'wallet' you get 188 results. Some of them are projects that just mention the word wallet in passing and a handful are for flat multitools that go in your wallet but the vast majority of them are 'revolutionary' wallets, most of which are nigh indistinguishable from every other wallet project. Pretty much all of them are described as being "thin", "minimal", "simple", "slim" or "compact".
Good on them for applying all that knowledge and experience they gained during that one craft afternoon in summer camp, I guess??

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

What I want is a big bulky Swiss Army Wallet that doubles as a can opener, a fork, a spoon, a knife, a screwdriver (flat head and philips head), a toothbrush, a magnifying glass, a ruler, a level, a compass, a toothpick, scissors, pliers, tweezers, a comb, lock-picks, a USB stick, and has pockets/pouches for paper money, coins, credit cards and phones. It will also have a heavy duty strap for carrying it around. It will be indistinguishable from a messenger bag that is just full of those things. But it won't be dorky like a man-purse guys, because it is really a wallet.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The MSJ posted:

We already saw a high-tech taco before.

I haven't heard that joke in 10 years. Good on you for keeping it on the back burner.

Fatkraken posted:

How is their design to blame for your not being a millionaire?

Ernie. has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Aug 30, 2013

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
How many wallets does the average human *really* need? I still use the same one my parents got me from Ames when I was 8. Who are these helpless mewling infants who can't figure out how to carry money like a reasonable human?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Machai posted:

What I want is a big bulky Swiss Army Wallet that doubles as a can opener, a fork, a spoon, a knife, a screwdriver (flat head and philips head), a toothbrush, a magnifying glass, a ruler, a level, a compass, a toothpick, scissors, pliers, tweezers, a comb, lock-picks, a USB stick, and has pockets/pouches for paper money, coins, credit cards and phones. It will also have a heavy duty strap for carrying it around. It will be indistinguishable from a messenger bag that is just full of those things. But it won't be dorky like a man-purse guys, because it is really a wallet.

Not buying it. It doesn't plug into my iPhone somehow.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Rosalind posted:

Not buying it. It doesn't plug into my iPhone somehow.

It's a stretch goal.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Ahem:
:scotland::scotland:

The Bank of England should bring those back too, they're a lot more convenient for nights out (and microwallets :v:)
e: Also a lot harder to counterfeit. A ridiculous percentage of pound coins are fake.

I live in Scotland and I haven't seen a pound note in close to ten years. For all intents and purposes, they're gone.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

How many wallets does the average human *really* need? I still use the same one my parents got me from Ames when I was 8. Who are these helpless mewling infants who can't figure out how to carry money like a reasonable human?

I need at least one more than I currently have; I've had it since like 2002 and it's disintegrating. My problem is I can't find a sufficiently subtle wallet that also bears a Decepticon logo. I got a theme to maintain :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The thing I found interesting about this latest wallet kickstarter is the inclusion of women. Most women don't carry a wallet, using a purse most of the time. But, a purse is a hassle or distracting when you're clubbing and dancing and most ladies' clubwear doesn't have pockets (and if it does, something like a smartphone is in there), so I've seen a lot of women using their bras as a pocket to carry cash, credit cards, and ID. Both the clip on to the bra and garter is an improvement over that.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Young Freud posted:

The thing I found interesting about this latest wallet kickstarter is the inclusion of women. Most women don't carry a wallet, using a purse most of the time. But, a purse is a hassle or distracting when you're clubbing and dancing and most ladies' clubwear doesn't have pockets (and if it does, something like a smartphone is in there), so I've seen a lot of women using their bras as a pocket to carry cash, credit cards, and ID. Both the clip on to the bra and garter is an improvement over that.

I can't speak for everyone but I keep a wallet in my purse with all my junk, cards, cash etc. in it. All of my friends have done the same; only one friend of mine uses one of those card-holding phone cases, so her phone is basically her wallet. Most women I know tend to keep a wallet in their purse to keep all that stuff together.

e: I guess I could also say none of these kickstarter wallets seem that appealing to me, but I don't really care about gimmicky 'useful' stuff like strapping a bottle opener on everything.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Young Freud posted:

Maybe we should invent a woman's fashion designer that can put subtle pockets on everything they design. Maybe a shoe with a hidden compartment or a hollow poofy wig.

Oh! A hair clip that is also money clip!

All these ideas are (c) Machai Industries LLC INC Est. 2013 DONOTSTEAL

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

deadly_pudding posted:

I need at least one more than I currently have; I've had it since like 2002 and it's disintegrating. My problem is I can't find a sufficiently subtle wallet that also bears a Decepticon logo. I got a theme to maintain :colbert:

This is some straight up goons.txt material right here.

I had a GREAT iphone wallet that was a slim case that held a few credit cards (I think case-mate made it), but I haven't been able to find anything like it for the HTC One.

So as it is, I am actually in the market for some sort of slim wallet/money clip/phone case hybrid.
Unfortunately we get bottle openers instead.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How about a meat compartment for the iPhone? Maybe we could figure out how to warm up the battery enough to keep the meat ready for use.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

I live in Scotland and I haven't seen a pound note in close to ten years. For all intents and purposes, they're gone.
Bank of Scotland completely stopped doing them years ago, but RBS still issue them and they sometimes float around. It's a shame really, because I prefer the idea of a nice foldable note to a fat bulky coin that has a 3% chance of being made of lead and tin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

One would think that when making a new wallet, durability and practicality would be the two highest points on your design docs. Most of what I see there doesn't look like it would stand up to even regular use in a back pocket, or is so lovely it wouldn't be a good idea to put it there. I can see some of these pretty things working as an accessory for a handbag or something at least. When the gently caress did wallets get to be too big and bulky for these people anyway?