Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Hey guess what nerds I played Barkley 2 at PAX today and it was funny and fun as gently caress. I'm also the first non ToGlord to go through the Barkley 2 character creation, it was a transcendental experience in which I got interviewed by a real (real) wizard and I even got a code so I can use this character when the game drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Cybershell posted:

Hey guess what nerds I played Barkley 2 at PAX today and it was funny and fun as gently caress. I'm also the first non ToGlord to go through the Barkley 2 character creation, it was a transcendental experience in which I got interviewed by a real (real) wizard and I even got a code so I can use this character when the game drops.

So...what gender did you choose?

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

So...what gender did you choose?

All of them

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, PAX is really fun, please come down and play Barkley 2 and make your character with us. It was also really cool meeting Cybershell and a million other people who for some reason can tolerate our stupid bullshit.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I wanna see some vids of people doing the character creation live.

Chef told me that some guy called Maxwell Mcgee (gaming journalist(?)), did character creation and when he came out of the astral lounge, he was absolutely flabbergasted and had the best look on his face. It was a life changing experience for him.

I wish I'd seen that.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cybershell posted:

I don't want to bother you with stupid bullshit, but can you tell us what you liked and disliked the most about character creation (and the demo)? I'm always trying to improve and fix up CC and it has stagnated inside ToG'sters so much that we need some outside people telling us how awful it really is.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I love stupid bullshit

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

If it's as cool as it sounds, that should make for some good video! I want to see people's reactions.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I can't believe it took me this long to realize why a wizard is guiding people through character creation: ALWAYS USE THE WIZARD!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Gortarius posted:

Chef told me that some guy called Maxwell Mcgee (gaming journalist(?)), did character creation and when he came out of the astral lounge, he was absolutely flabbergasted and had the best look on his face. It was a life changing experience for him.

I wish I'd seen that.

I would love to see things like this, ideally in a moving picture format such as .gif or .flv

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I would love to see things like this, ideally in a moving picture format such as .gif or .flv

Man, I've been searching for pax stuff every few hours and there is just zip. Nada.

I guess everyones gotta wait until all the youtube superstars reserve a full month to add in all their stupid special effects and forced storylines into their whacky pax coverage videos.

gently caress.

Just give me some average joe off the street who brought a camera with him.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gortarius posted:

Just give me some average joe off the street who brought a camera with him.
Bandwidth is hell.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
How the hell can you buy a game from a company who thinks that KG shot 3 point shots? Everybody knows that guy lived and died by the long 2.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So my friend dropped by and successfully acquired a Cyberdwarf dakimakura :swoon:

He also commented on the makeshiftness of your booth. Were the finest designers of game's in the world shorted on booth space? :(

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/374200656220811264/photo/1/large

Check out this eldritch bad boy. Who is this mysterious figure?

Swing by the ToG pax booth and find out.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
ToG is gonna be attwitch tv pax stream soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Make sure you tune in to see them completely humiliate themselves in public.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

I too did character creation (the best thing at pax for sure) and pestered the ToG boys with a breakfast bag of doritos on Saturday. Headed home now but you guys did an amazing job and somehow got me even more excited for barkley than I already was.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

bloodynose posted:

I too did character creation (the best thing at pax for sure) and pestered the ToG boys with a breakfast bag of doritos on Saturday. Headed home now but you guys did an amazing job and somehow got me even more excited for barkley than I already was.

I'm really jealous because you got to meet a real life wizard. How ToG can get their hands on a wizard for an afternoon baffles me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Node posted:

I'm really jealous because you got to meet a real life wizard. How ToG can get their hands on a wizard for an afternoon baffles me.

He must have been a fan.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/455418215?t=44m20s

Here is where Barkey 2 gets talked about if you missed it.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh god that pixel art is so good. Serious props to your artist. Also I noticed you guys have some clipping issues in the PAX build?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Q3 2014 is a long time! But I can wait.
also did I see ??? instead of the candy shop guy's name on the "you don't have X neuroshekels" dialogue when you tried to buy

Dozeworthy
Oct 9, 2012
The wizard was definitely my favorite moment of PAX, and perhaps of my life. Chef also complimented me on my vidcon rolling ability.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Q3 2014 is a long time! But I can wait.
also did I see ??? instead of the candy shop guy's name on the "you don't have X neuroshekels" dialogue when you tried to buy

Mistake immortalized on pax twitch vid.
I re-used the creepy gun salesman's script for part of the candy shop, and forgot to change the name after pasting the script segment down. Never noticed that until now. whoooops

Can't wait to see some vids of the booth. Really hope someone recorded their wizardly adventure in there....

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'll have to ask the tog sludgelords what the Q3 2014 estimation is based on because I just don't see it taking that long with the way things have been shat out recently, even if it was for pax mostly. But who knows. There's still a whole lotta game to be made.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/455418215?t=44m20s

Here is where Barkey 2 gets talked about if you missed it.

44:20...

Cyberdwarf body pillows were sold at PAX for $44.20...

Coincidence? Or perhaps the work of a wizard?

Anyways I got a lot of cool things from the ToG booth and now you have to look at them. First cool thing I got was my receipt for character creation. "Troiopax" came up while I was mashing the random name generator and I thought it was an appropriate name considering we were at PAX (this was literally the work of a wizard as well)

Even though the name and code are nearly completely illegible because this is a lovely picture I censored part of my code because this is an original character™ that only I have the rights to use when Barkley 2 drops, thank you for understanding.

The second cool thing I got was Chef "CBoyardee" Boyardee's signature. This picture is self explanatory.

The third cool thing I got would be two Cyberdwarf bodypillows (Please note that the existence of two Cyberdwarf's is NOT canon)

Why did I get two of them? I can answer that question with two words: Semper Games

The last cool thing I got would be the official ToG swag bag. Unlike every other swag bag throughout history these ones actually lived up to their name. This pic is from ToG twitter

That's me on the right. You think these are just any old paper bags and you could just make one of these for yourself? Wrong idiot these are official ToG bags that come with a serial number to keep track of how official they are

It even comes with a special secret hidden message on the back... "420"... I understand my ToGmasters, thy will shall be done :420: (note: if you don't get this joke "420" means "smoke weed" in binary)

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Line Feed posted:

Oh god that pixel art is so good. Serious props to your artist. Also I noticed you guys have some clipping issues in the PAX build?
Yeah, they were bad and embarrassing. In the PAX build that we made specifically for the convention, instead of respawning at this utility station where you normally respawn, the game restarts, which causes a double of your sprite to appear on top of your sprite. This double can't go underneath the depth and object tile layers, so it looks like total poo poo. You can go underneath those layers in the real game and it's not a bug that happens in the real game because the real game doesn't restart completely when you die, so it's just a dumb, embarrassing bug exclusive to the build we showed at the convention.

Also it was really cool meeting all you guys, you were awesome. I'd only met two people in my entire life who had ever heard of Barkley before, so it was this surreal experience meeting a billion people a day who like our stupid game. Thanks everyone. Hopefully Barkley 2 will live up to your expectations. We're trying really hard to make it not only a funny game, but something that's actually good to play this time around.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, they were bad and embarrassing. In the PAX build that we made specifically for the convention, instead of respawning at this utility station where you normally respawn, the game restarts, which causes a double of your sprite to appear on top of your sprite. This double can't go underneath the depth and object tile layers, so it looks like total poo poo. You can go underneath those layers in the real game and it's not a bug that happens in the real game because the real game doesn't restart completely when you die, so it's just a dumb, embarrassing bug exclusive to the build we showed at the convention.

Also it was really cool meeting all you guys, you were awesome. I'd only met two people in my entire life who had ever heard of Barkley before, so it was this surreal experience meeting a billion people a day who like our stupid game. Thanks everyone. Hopefully Barkley 2 will live up to your expectations. We're trying really hard to make it not only a funny game, but something that's actually good to play this time around.

The wizard cameo during the interview was the best thing ever.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
The camera movement kinda made me woozy. I think it'll be fine when I'm actually playing the game but watching other people play it is gonna be impossible.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, we're still working on it. We're doing this thing where it doesn't move much when the mouse is in the middle of the screen but moves more when you move it towards the edges, but it's something we'll fix over time.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
It reminds me of one of Bloodline Champions' camera modes and I recall eventually getting used to it, it's just jarring when someone else is controlling it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Bakely 2 will feature extensive shaky cam and spaztic jumpcut editing.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
Thank god, my primary concern was that the game wouldn't be modern enough.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Oh, did the release date get pushed back? I was under the impression you were planning for Christmas 2013, but I was wondering how realistic that goal was once the stretch goals started rolling in.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Mr. Chef and/or TOG Sorceror's, when and how are you planning to integrate the Oculous Rift HD into the Barkley 2 Experience?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh, did the release date get pushed back? I was under the impression you were planning for Christmas 2013, but I was wondering how realistic that goal was once the stretch goals started rolling in.

I think he might've come up with that on the spot. I mean I rewatched that bit with ToG on twitch tv and well... it looks improvised.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Chef Boyardee posted:

We wanted to see if we could get away with putting a fake name on the PAX thing.
I actually prefer "Queklain no Vengeant".

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The game looks great. Please tell me it'll work on Win XP.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://www.dwarfnet.com/

Can you goons help me crack the ARG? I like these things but I can never figure them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Coordinator010 posted:

Thank god, my primary concern was that the game wouldn't be modern enough.

NOT FOR TREND