Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MondayHotDog posted:

There's the time he made an album, resulting in my all-time favorite strip.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05022003

"The concept of the variable/ can take it in the dumper." is one of the all time great Onstad lines and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

And so it happens again, I go from the concept of the variable to this in 3 minutes.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05122003

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

And so it happens again, I go from the concept of the variable to this in 3 minutes.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05122003

As is always the case, I ended up just reading straight through the archive until I hit one of my all-time favourites. This time, it was this.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cloks posted:

I'll always find Ray's fetish hilarious.

It got him in trouble, with the Queen!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just look at the bottom row of this strip, it's amazing :allears:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
As has been proven, Onstad would hit savant genius levels of comedy with arguing characters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loving Life Partner posted:

As has been proven

Leon Sumbitches, is that you? :ohdear:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
"Vittles Bitch" is a term I never fully appreciated until this moment.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

A Violence Gang posted:

Browsing through some of the later story arcs, the Little Nephew in Wales one is pretty good -- I didn't notice any other Little Nephew ones in the list, is that it? I know he was never a major character but I seem to remember more.

Little Nephew's blog is pretty much my favorite thing ever

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Clipperton posted:

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about Japan Man. To the archives!

Japan Man same as Santa Claus, but one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.

Wandering around the archives, I found this gem where poor ol' Roast Beef gets dragged into a Boring place.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Jet Jaguar posted:

Japan Man same as Santa Claus, but one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.

Wandering around the archives, I found this gem where poor ol' Roast Beef gets dragged into a Boring place.

"Support euthanasia for dudes who have been brought to the yarn shop" is a phrase in common currency in my household.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
In the latest strip, what are Ray's glasses resting on? WHAT ARE THEY RESTING ON???

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

GigaPeon posted:

In the latest strip, what are Ray's glasses resting on? WHAT ARE THEY RESTING ON???

What are they ever resting on?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

GigaPeon posted:

They are perpetually too small for him by the right amount and are forever held in place by being bulged out on his head.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
:siren: The story continues... :siren:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It's a good thing that Ray remembered that a baseball cap can hold the average puke.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So Ray at last came to realize that it is not rad to have alcoholism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh NOW I understand, panel 10 is what boiled nonsense looks like. :ohdear:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
At what point should we stop being surprised that Achewood keeps updating?

My money would be on never if I hadn't spent it on 365 pairs of white men's briefs, size L.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Just take what you get man. Life's too short for expectations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

God loving dammit, I had let myself hope this story was just done.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

God loving dammit, I had let myself hope this story was just done.

I still like Theo Freedom. I have hope for a good ending and/or Ray losing his ears, as the prediction timeline has indicated.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

A good ending is crispy stellas by the pool and a joke with Todd. Do we get treated to Lyle dying next as now alchoholism has consequences?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A good ending is crispy stellas by the pool and a joke with Todd. Do we get treated to Lyle dying next as now alchoholism has consequences?

Do you think it is rad to have alcoholism WoodrowSkillson

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05152002

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I think it is rad for Ray and Lyle and Todd to be eternal cartoon alcoholics that no not suffer consequences because they are cartoons.

Can't Ray jsut die from it and come back anyway?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A BLOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOO! BLOO BLOOOO!
A BLOO BLA BLOOO!

I would say the last two strips have shown Onstad is still perfectly capable of one-note jokey Achewood, and I'm sure he'll return to it occasionally so relax.

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 30, 2013

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

That's one hell of a way to draw a hangover.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Has alcoholism caused Ray to become unstuck in time is that what this is

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Iowa Snow King posted:

Has alcoholism caused Ray to become unstuck in time is that what this is

If that's the case, it sounds like it is actually pretty rad to have alcoholism.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
After this strip I am seriously considering alcoholism as a lifestyle choice.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
There's something really funny about pouring Ketel One into a Big Gulp cup.

Also alcoholism is indeed rad, come join the club.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

It's rad until about two hours into your shift the next day. Of course this is coming from a Wisconsinite. The rest of the country's definition of a drinking problem is what we like to consider pre-gaming.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, i can't really bring myself to care about this storyline. I was hoping Onstad had given up on it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There was a lot of buildup, and it's still building up. Gotta trust that there will be a payoff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bongo Bill posted:

There was a lot of buildup, and it's still building up. Gotta trust that there will be a payoff.

Not after last time, I don't.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There will never be a payoff.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think the "payoff" will be Onstand quietly slinking away and completely abandoning the comic again after he gets his dream job as a food personality on the Food Network, hosting some dumbass new show like "King of Cronuts" or "Japatalian: A World of Noodles".

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw this, could only think it was 'Mega nasty'

http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/Crunching-Cat-USB/2331_6744_6627.html

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think the "payoff" will be Onstand quietly slinking away and completely abandoning the comic again after he gets his dream job as a food personality on the Food Network, hosting some dumbass new show like "King of Cronuts" or "Japatalian: A World of Noodles".

My favorite part of this thread is how this exact sentiment gets mentioned every time Onstad returns and then the flood of mea culpas after the glorious payoff that is no doubt coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Hippo posted:

My favorite part of this thread is how this exact sentiment gets mentioned every time Onstad returns and then the flood of mea culpas after the glorious payoff that is no doubt coming.

And my favorite part is the people who are sure Onstad is back for good constantly forgetting what happened the last 5 times.