Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Reiley posted:

I'm having a problem playing with a friend of mine. I've beaten all the story missions but they're on the two where you get Pierce and Ben King and if we play them together there's a point in each mission where it'll hang and not load (Right when Paul knocks you off the roof, for example). We've done a GCF verify but it still hangs. Are we screwed?

My own co-op misadventures sidestepped that by us just doing that particular mission solo. But yes, as you can imagine this basically hosed us out of the Co-op mission achievement. Though if this is a common problem it might explain why said achievement is so rare on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

All the dong-chat reminded me of the trailer, which had a black-boxed giant dong at the stripclub. I'm somewhat sad for the exclusion.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
This was a fun build to gently caress around Fight Club with.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Man, people keep harping on male voice 2 but y'know what?

That voice IS the voice of the boss for me. I've been rocking it since the first game with the same character. It's been
really nice to have that consistency throughout the series. And he's not even a black dude!

So if I'm the only one to do it then let me say thank you, Kenn Michael, for your good work.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Zaa Boogie posted:

That voice IS the voice of the boss for me. I've been rocking it since the first game with the same character. It's been
really nice to have that consistency throughout the series. And he's not even a black dude!

So if I'm the only one to do it then let me say thank you, Kenn Michael, for your good work.

Yeah, seriously. Voice 2 has been my Boss this entire time and while I think the other voices are great (I still miss latina boss), he'll always be the voice of the Boss to me. He comes across as hood dude that actually climbed the ranks and despite everything, I just can't see a Troy Baker-voiced Boss in that same light.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was loving around in Let's Pretend and I realized that I missed a huge oppourtunity by not playing as Power Girl.

...guess I'll play through the game again!

...as Power Girl voiced by Nolan North. Pitched up, natch. :unsmigghh:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 31, 2013

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Zaa Boogie posted:

He's the only person to play the Playa/Boss in all four games. So you nerds can take those Johnny Come Latelys Troy Baker and Laura Bailey and just get right out of town. :smug:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klyith posted:

No way to lower draw distance, but if the performance is that bad when SR3 was ok, I'd look at stuff like video drivers. Also force-run the directx installer in the "_CommonRedist" folder in the SR4 location to make sure he's not having some issue where dx9 (SR3) was ok but dx10 (SR4) is messed up.

I think the only way a computer can play 3 adequately but be unable to handle 4 is some super out-of-date hardware, like a video card from 2007.

poo poo. Turns out his system was trying to play the game on his integrated graphics rather than his video card. Game on! :getin:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Zaa Boogie posted:

Voice 2 is the only male voice I ever use. The Showgirl compliment isn't nearly as good as it was in SR:TT, though. :(

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

This never fails to crack me up over how physically impossible it is :shepface:.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

God drat it, the first time I've tried playing a female boss has turned this game into a barbie simulator. I've never tried so hard to make a character in a game look pretty :negative:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

In addition to the radio stations, this game has a lot of great instrumental music. I love the track that plays while you're blowing up tanks in Kinzie's loyalty mission, and I also dig the James-Bond-ish tune from the beginning of the Asha bodyguard scenario.

blurry! posted:

Speaking of which, if voice DLCs were a thing, who'd you pay for? I'd pay for Vin Diesal as Riddick, H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer (or just him, whatev), John Dimaggio, Gilbert Gottfried, the list goes on :allears:

Scott Steiner

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Brian Blessed, Rob Halford from Judas Priest, and Paul Bearer.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

God drat, the achivement for super sprinting is 250k meters, not feet? :effort:
And I ran... :colbert:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

blurry! posted:

Speaking of which, if voice DLCs were a thing, who'd you pay for? I'd pay for Vin Diesal as Riddick, H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer (or just him, whatev), John Dimaggio, Gilbert Gottfried, the list goes on :allears:

An Obama impersonator.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

blurry! posted:

Finally a use for M2 (set at -40 pitch), a decent enough stand in for a Vin Diesal voice. Speaking of which, if voice DLCs were a thing, who'd you pay for? I'd pay for Vin Diesal as Riddick, H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer (or just him, whatev), John Dimaggio, Gilbert Gottfried, the list goes on :allears:

Morgan Freeman.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

I know, but drat that's a lot of running.

Also Amber Nash and Lucky Yates co-op as well, please.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

blurry! posted:

Before we knew the seventh voice was Nolan North, someone suggested it would be Stephen Colbert, and I've wanted it more than anything ever since.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PunkBoy posted:

Just ran into a bug that was due to my stupidity, really. I summoned a car from the gate, and realized that it wasn't the one I wanted. Jumped out of the car and ran back to the gate, and tried to summon another one. However, menu navigation froze and just trying to select the top vehicle at the list wouldn't do anything. Had to force close the game from Task Manager. I figure it has to do with the fact that the summoning space is occupied with another vehicle already.

Why were you going to the gate to summon a vehicle? You know you can just call them up from anywhere, right? :crossarms:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm almost considering making a new character after getting well over halfway in the game, only because I wish I hadn't purchased the explosive bullets for the heavy pistol and dual wielding pistols. Popping headshot after headshot with Mal's gun was just incredibly satisfying, and it's not as cool when there's two of them, and the explosive bullets makes it harder to kill stuff.

But holy loving poo poo, the pump action shotgun with super knockback and max range is the best weapon. It sends cars flying.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Leonard Nimoy.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Bruce Campbell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something weird someone else noticed recently that I figured I'd share here. If you go to this location on the map:

And you stand in this general area:

You will hear some seriously weird poo poo. Like, yelling and torture and weird violent screams. If any of you remember that one house where you can hear the spouse abuse and chainsaw stuff in GTA: San Andreas, it's kinda like that! People have also been posting about weird stuff like pedestrians attacking them for no real reason while they're in the vicinity (like in my screenshot above!) but I don't know if that's a thing that normally happens everywhere or not.

Apparently it was there in SR3, too, but I don't have it installed right now so I can't check.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Hynden Walch.

Boss's orders: our color is bubblegum pink now. :colbert:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

CJacobs posted:

Something weird someone else noticed recently that I figured I'd share here. If you go to this location on the map:

And you stand in this general area:

You will hear some seriously weird poo poo. Like, yelling and torture and weird violent screams. If any of you remember that one house where you can hear the spouse abuse and chainsaw stuff in GTA: San Andreas, it's kinda like that! People have also been posting about weird stuff like pedestrians attacking them for no real reason while they're in the vicinity (like in my screenshot above!) but I don't know if that's a thing that normally happens everywhere or not.

Apparently it was there in SR3, too, but I don't have it installed right now so I can't check.
I just checked it out. It's horrifying. WHAT ARE THEY DOING BEHIND THAT DOOR :gonk:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got my hands on this game yesterday and it's easily one of the greatest games I have ever played. I've barely progressed at all in the main missions since all I've been doing is running up buildings and gliding all over the place.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

The Deadly Hume posted:

I just checked it out. It's horrifying. WHAT ARE THEY DOING BEHIND THAT DOOR :gonk:

I like to Believe Kenzie has something to do with it all

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ZDar Fan posted:

In addition to the radio stations, this game has a lot of great instrumental music. I love the track that plays while you're blowing up tanks in Kinzie's loyalty mission, and I also dig the James-Bond-ish tune from the beginning of the Asha bodyguard scenario.

Scott Steiner

If we're bringing in pro wrestlers, I'd love to see Piper especially since his gear is already in the game.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Shmorky.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Do you guys know about the MIB pistol you can get in the basement that you reach by shooting the door in the back of Just Pretend?

So there's that.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

Does anyone have that link to the guy that did those crazy good celebrity Bosses on YouTube?

This guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/marcusgarlick/videos

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Chrome Void will never give me the joy of flying in a F69 Vtol, also because conquering my first stag tank and vtol way beforehand the missions where you are given one was my pride in SR3.
Other than that. Cid + Matt homie talk :allears:

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

A lone splinter of a dying race crosses the cosmos, in desperate search of a home. They are accompanied only by their sick rims and the greatest hits of the 80s.

49,998 saints in search of the Third Street Galaxy

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I won't be happy until the final scene of the series is a pan away of the galaxy, showing off a now purple Milky Way.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rookersh posted:

I won't be happy until the final scene of the series is a pan away of the galaxy, showing off a now purple Milky Way.

It's the ending to 2001, except instead of a Starchild, it's a Saints Flow can.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

SlothBear posted:

Brian Blessed, Rob Halford from Judas Priest, and Paul Bearer.

Yea about that last one...:(

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

My current boss:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Does anyone have any tips for doing the Distance Traveled in Alien Vehicles Challenge? 7.62km is a large target, and the Void doesn't seem to count as an Alien Vehicle for its purposes.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Not So Fast posted:

Does anyone have any tips for doing the Distance Traveled in Alien Vehicles Challenge? 7.62km is a large target, and the Void doesn't seem to count as an Alien Vehicle for its purposes.

Travel everywhere in the Xor (jetbike)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
It's going to be hard waiting for Saints Row Episode 5: The Flow Menace

The Saints discover the power of the Flow, a web of energy that binds all of creation together. But soon after they are attacked by huge robots claiming to be the Anti-Flow.

IN ALL UNIVERSES, IN ALL PROBABILITIES, A GANG WILL FORM THAT WILL CONQUER THE UNIVERSE.
WE LOCKED OURSELVES AWAY, AND KEPT ALL SENTIENT LIFE ON LOCKDOWN TO AVOID THIS FATE.
YOU BROKE FREE.

gently caress you say!?

Then the Saints use the power of the Flow to create a giant version of Paul in the real world and begin hurling galaxies around

I want this so bad Volition :negative:

• Locked thread