Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Boateng and Jones, the ultimate midfield of cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Useless trivia:

Kevin-Prince Boateng kam 2006 um 70 Minuten zu spät zum Training von Hertha BSC Berlin. Seine Begründung: Er hätte die Zeitumstellung vergessen. Das Training fand drei Tage nach der Umstellung statt.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Haha, I really hope he plays against us on Saturday. Get wrecked.

As for Derdiyok being too poo poo to play for us, I wouldn't agree, he's phenomenal if he plays to his full potential. His issue was that he almost never did and was way too entitled for the way he presented himself, that's why we let him go. As I said, if he stays humble, I'd consider it a good transfer. Plus he is certainly someone you could sub in 15 minutes before the end if we're down and have both him and Kießling on the field. That was always good times, we just hardly ever played with two strikers.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 30, 2013

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dunban posted:

Boateng and Jones, the ultimate midfield of cunts.

This, a thousand times this. Imagine having to overcome two people who'll break your legs without batting an eye and then cuss you out for being a pussy. Defense through fear!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

AlexF posted:

This, a thousand times this. Imagine having to overcome two people who'll break your legs without batting an eye and then cuss you out for being a pussy. Defense through fear!

Emir "the Axe" Spahic will take care of that for us this Saturday.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

AlexF posted:

It worked pretty well for Milan :v:. I'm not sure what to think of this. On one hand he can be pretty drat good, otoh Schalke is an shambles right now, and he's likely to stir up more poo poo when things don't go too well, which they won't.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Boateng in an interview a couple of weeks ago, talking about Dortmund:

"Ich gucke jedes Spiel, ich verfolge, ich gratuliere, ich bin mit Klopp immer noch in Kontakt. Es ist seit dieser Zeit mein Lieblingsverein."

:newlol:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Boateng in an interview a couple of weeks ago, talking about Dortmund:

"Ich gucke jedes Spiel, ich verfolge, ich gratuliere, ich bin mit Klopp immer noch in Kontakt. Es ist seit dieser Zeit mein Lieblingsverein."

:newlol:

C. R. E. A. M.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Haha Sechzig what are you doing?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Aaaand Stuttgart sold Tasci to Spartak Moscow, for some reason.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Anyone watching the Super Cup? Based on the SZ Liveticker (curse the US eastern time zone :argh:) it sounds like quite a game.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Wow! That READ like it was quite a fun game.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Haha Sechzig what are you doing?

Losing to fuckin' SANDHAUSEN and not even scoring a goal. Holy hell, Schmidt, I thought you worked out the lineup and tactical issues.

Sechzig. Sechzig never changes. :negative:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Aaaand Stuttgart sold Tasci to Spartak Moscow, for some reason.

Reminder that everybody lauded Tasci as the perfect modern defender and the future of German football and then he somehow stayed average and now he went to loving Russia, RIPs

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

SporkOfTruth posted:

Losing to fuckin' SANDHAUSEN and not even scoring a goal. Holy hell, Schmidt, I thought you worked out the lineup and tactical issues.

Sechzig. Sechzig never changes. :negative:

Well I guess now he can work out how to file for unemployment benefits. :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SporkOfTruth posted:

Holy hell, Schmidt, I thought you worked out the lineup and tactical issues.
Looks like he didn't and now he's gone.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Thank God! After yesterday's game (and Paderborn) I was pretty much sure we'd be a candidate for relegation into the 3. Liga. Bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

AlexF posted:

(It will be Matthäus...)

Someone loving hire him already, he deserves a chance. Seriously.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Someone loving hire him already, he deserves a chance. Seriously.

I agree, Leverkusen should hire him :newlol:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Honestly, if we weren't set the forseeable future, I wouldn't mind that. I think he'd be an interesting option and the bad rep he has in Germany is ridiculous.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Seriously though, I agree that he isn't nearly as bad as he's made out to be. But still, you can't separate Loddar the manager and Loddar the "media personality" or whatever, you're always gonna get both, so I understand that German clubs are hesitant to give him a job.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

If "media personality" mattered, Beckenbauer should have disappeared a decade ago.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

If "media personality" mattered, Beckenbauer should have disappeared a decade ago.

Nah, Loddar is on a whole nother level. Franz is a kooky old man, no one really cares what he says and does anymore, whereas Loddar is loving a different 19 year old girl every 6 months.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

whereas Loddar is loving a different 19 year old girl every 6 months.

Livin' the dream. :colbert:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Hamburg goes up on an illegitimate goal! :confuoot:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Livin' the dream. :colbert:

Indeed.

Also: :siren: HSV have scored :siren:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

HSV finally win. Feet firmly rooted to ground as its against the relegation favourites. But gently caress it. We're back.

Champions league here we come.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
God, how dreadful was this game. Where did our once priced defense go?

fake edit: Calm down and shut the gently caress up, Schäfer! We'd have lost this even with another ref.

The Natural posted:

HSV finally win. Feet firmly rooted to ground as its against the relegation favourites. But gently caress it. We're back.

Champions league here we come.
That's the true HSV spirit! One win and your back on the road towards your rightful destiny - the Champions League. ;)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

The Kicktipp is certainly...interesting. :getin: Good for me that I didn't bet on the teams I tipped but instead went for upsets across the board! :v:

Next up: Schalke getting destroyed by the Levs. In case you were wondering, I do expect us to win the triple this year and I will not hear otherwise. After today we'll be #1 in the Bundesliga and we'll stay there until the season is over. Then the rest will pretty much just fall into place.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Reminder that everybody lauded Tasci as the perfect modern defender and the future of German football and then he somehow stayed average and now he went to loving Russia, RIPs

Thanks for the laugh, Wikipedia.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ramires did Goetze in good, the kid will be missing another three weeks at least.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Well I guess now he can work out how to file for unemployment benefits. :v:

frankenfreak posted:

Looks like he didn't and now he's gone.

Thank god. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Alex.

AlexF posted:

Thank God! After yesterday's game (and Paderborn) I was pretty much sure we'd be a candidate for relegation into the 3. Liga. Bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

But given the wins, you couldn't be faulted for thinking the promotion playoffs were a possibility. That's what's been the most infuriating about Schmidt -- it's completely feast or famine. That kind of play leads to lapses like what we saw against St. Pauli, where a whole game of good work is wasted because they kept playing the same way regardless of the personnel changes; or being completely dominated by Sandhausen in all phases of the game.

quote:

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

Maurer comes back for round 3? :haw:

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI

Healbot posted:

Ramires did Goetze in good, the kid will be missing another three weeks at least.

drat, seriously? How were people even slightly questioning the play being a yellow?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

supersteve posted:

drat, seriously? How were people even slightly questioning the play being a yellow?

Those people were Mou and Chelsea plastics. There's your answer.

Well, at least the good ol' Länderspielpause is coming up, so he won't miss too many games.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Next up: Schalke getting destroyed by the Levs. In case you were wondering, I do expect us to win the triple this year and I will not hear otherwise. After today we'll be #1 in the Bundesliga and we'll stay there until the season is over. Then the rest will pretty much just fall into place.

:iamafag:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

I haven't watched the first half, what happened? You guys looked terrific so far this season, I though this was gonna be a fairly easy win.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It was a real Kacktor, but Schalke are not as dire as on other occasions.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pand posted:

(I knew Leverkusen was in for a loss auf Schalke)

• Locked thread