Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I also want to see Saint Voltron so bad.

Kinzie as the head, Pierce as the heart ( chest ), Gat as the arms, Shaundis as the crotch/legs.

Boss running alongside it spamming taunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I actually enjoyed the TK Rifts once I figured out how to do them. Am I broken? Blazin' was awesome as well. Wasn't actually a fan of Superpower Fight Club and UFO Mayhem can go straight to hell.
UFO Mayhem, much like Tank Mayhem before it and Helicopter Mayhem (yes, SR2 Heli Mayhem) was/is loving rad ergo yes, you're broken. :colbert:

I miss SR2 Helicopter physics where you could actually dive instead of this easy mode poo poo. AND YES I AM AWARE OF "ADVANCED CONTROLS" - It's still no where near as agile as SR2's helis.

But anyway, unrelated to that - Finally finished up SRIV tonight and that ending was totally worth it. I still have a few super powers that are locked for some reason that I am unsure how to unlock... It just says "hay completely some challenges!" but... I did. I've done them all. What's the secret I'm missing here?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rookersh posted:

I also want to see Saint Voltron so bad.

Kinzie as the head, Pierce as the heart ( chest ), Gat as the arms, Shaundis as the crotch/legs.

Boss running alongside it spamming taunts.

Damnit I cannot find a video online of the 'LT. Buttocks' scene from Meet Dave. :negative:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CJacobs posted:

Something weird someone else noticed recently that I figured I'd share here. If you go to this location on the map:

And you stand in this general area:

You will hear some seriously weird poo poo. Like, yelling and torture and weird violent screams. If any of you remember that one house where you can hear the spouse abuse and chainsaw stuff in GTA: San Andreas, it's kinda like that! People have also been posting about weird stuff like pedestrians attacking them for no real reason while they're in the vicinity (like in my screenshot above!) but I don't know if that's a thing that normally happens everywhere or not.

Apparently it was there in SR3, too, but I don't have it installed right now so I can't check.

This area is terrifying. :stare: Sounds like that guy is really enjoying himself, though. Sometimes he laughs, sometimes he's like, 'YEAH I LIKE IT' in the middle of those screams of horrific pleasure. And sometimes there is a cat noise. And sometimes there are muffled gunshots. :catstare:

Oh hey people have been saying there are hidden vehicles on top of towers. Which towers? I Xor'd around all the super tall towers you can climb and found not a single broomstick. :(

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

This area is terrifying. :stare: Sounds like that guy is really enjoying himself, though. Sometimes he laughs, sometimes he's like, 'YEAH I LIKE IT' in the middle of those screams of horrific pleasure. And sometimes there is a cat noise. And sometimes there are muffled gunshots. :catstare:

Oh hey people have been saying there are hidden vehicles on top of towers. Which towers? I Xor'd around all the super tall towers you can climb and found not a single broomstick. :(

The challenge tower in the east island has a witch's broom on it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

codenameFANGIO posted:

You need to actually climb it.

Really easy after you max out jump and wallrunning.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm already 32% of the way done with this game?

I don't wanna be 32% done with this game, it's too fun. I want this game to go on forever.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Saints Row has become the best duke nukem game out there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not So Fast posted:

Does anyone have any tips for doing the Distance Traveled in Alien Vehicles Challenge? 7.62km is a large target, and the Void doesn't seem to count as an Alien Vehicle for its purposes.

The Void defnitely counts, and I cheesed it by using one of my wifes hair band things to tie my analogue sticks together facing inwards and left it flying in circles for a while. There's just no reason at all to use vehicles in this game, even if you want to fly around being an rear end in a top hat in a jet and lasering peds and aliens as soon as a warden shows up you get one shot out of the vehicle anyway.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Toffile posted:

You need to actually climb it.

Really easy after you max out jump and wallrunning.

Erm no ? I teleported on top of the tower, and the broomstick was there ?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just picked this up yesterday. It's amazing how they managed to make a better sequel to Prototype than the one we actually received. The final rank of Speed takes some getting used to though, feels too hard to control.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

legendsuper posted:

Erm no ? I teleported on top of the tower, and the broomstick was there ?

I found it on one of the ramps, check those.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Lord Chumley posted:

I found it on one of the ramps, check those.

Personally, it was on top of the tower, but not on the platform you have to punch.
E: And I said that it was there.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Tiggum posted:

Why were you going to the gate to summon a vehicle? You know you can just call them up from anywhere, right? :crossarms:

Wanted to customize the car first! Also the gate gives a preview image of the car, which is nice since I have several variations of the same ones.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 31, 2013

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I found a broom but it wouldn't let me on it. Then it fell off the tower and disappeared while I tried to follow it. Then I tried another tower. That one rewarded me with a Xor. Will have to keep trying.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, broomsticks? What towers do I find broomsticks/xor on?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wait, broomsticks? What towers do I find broomsticks/xor on?

Check the top of the east-most tower.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

limaCAT posted:

Chrome Void will never give me the joy of flying in a F69 Vtol, also because conquering my first stag tank and vtol way beforehand the missions where you are given one was my pride in SR3.
I was pretty sad the VTOL and tank didn't unlock after that one mission. Really want to fly that VTOL around again; the Void just isn't as cool. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ok, so the one guy is right, you can't just fly to the top on a VTOL and expect the 'reward' to show up. If you've previously climbed the tower you can teleport up. If it's not directly on the roof, it's on a platform nearby. So far I've gotten the broomstick, a Xor and a Void. Hopefully the other towers have, like ... the Ultor jet bike. Or the STAG one. I just want my old hoverbikes back Zinyak you bastard!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think it'd be easier to jack a <Xor> than hope for a tower spawn. If the Zin pilot is riding very close to the ground, you can headshot him and the bike will drop without exploding.

There's also the Saints <Xor>, which I think you earn for getting Gold in every Vehicle Mayhem.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Honestly I jacked a <XOR> long ago. The broomstick is the only unique reward I've found so far. :(

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

ColoradoCleric posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
At least the parodies here work and are funny.

DNF's parodies just made me wanted to punch Duke. I wish DNF never got released.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I love how the dialogue in this is so dedicated to being stupid it actually ends up being surprisingly naturalistic. Like Kinzie's confusion on which side the panel is - that's a thing that I have had happen to me so many times!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

Honestly I jacked a <XOR> long ago. The broomstick is the only unique reward I've found so far. :(

I found the Gatmobile today. A Johnny Gat mascot was driving it. :allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Really Pants posted:

I found the Gatmobile today. A Johnny Gat mascot was driving it. :allears:

They usually spawn one by the west-most Planet Zin. Same spot in SRTT as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ColoradoCleric posted:

It always has been one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivd7J28Cu38

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
I'm having a weird bug where the game keeps auto-minimizing as soon as I start it up, and won't stay as focus for more than a couple seconds. I tried adding "-windowed" to the launch properties but that didn't get me anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I feel bad that my Boss has been spiraling through the air on a Xor for an hour and a half or so. Sorry Boss, it's not your fault that challenge is so dumb. :(

I think the worst part is that the only real reward for that one is $1500 and some XP. Don't really need those anymore, game. :mad:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I wish I didn't have to go to a football game today so I could just spend the afternoon beating SR3 in preparation for SR4. :smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I feel bad that my Boss has been spiraling through the air on a Xor for an hour and a half or so. Sorry Boss, it's not your fault that challenge is so dumb. :(

I think the worst part is that the only real reward for that one is $1500 and some XP. Don't really need those anymore, game. :mad:

What's dumber: the challenge or the dumb schmuck who feels compelled to do it? It's not like you don't have a choice here, you can walk away any time and it won't affect your game in any meaningful way at all.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Is there a reward for finishing all the challenges? The text for the all-challenges-challenge seems to imply something.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Aishan posted:

Is there a reward for finishing all the challenges? The text for the all-challenges-challenge seems to imply something.

I think there's an achievement, which are somehow still a thing that people care about I guess.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Jumping through hoops is just another one of Zinyak's games. I bet you'd let him kill you too if he offered an achievement for it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

What's dumber: the challenge or the dumb schmuck who feels compelled to do it? It's not like you don't have a choice here, you can walk away any time and it won't affect your game in any meaningful way at all.

But ... but I have to get 100%!! Because then I'll have 100%.

Besides, I set up a device. I'm not sitting there the whole time. I seriously won't be satisfied until I get that 1000/1000, guess I'm just that way.

EDIT:

Reiley posted:

Jumping through hoops is just another one of Zinyak's games. I bet you'd let him kill you too if he offered an achievement for it.

Next playthrough I intend to. :getin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

With the current state of the game, would it be wise to start a second playthrough?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Inzombiac posted:

With the current state of the game, would it be wise to start a second playthrough?

Yes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tommy, given my knowledge of you through CoH, I am terrified of what your SR4 character looks like.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
With all this talk of secret vehicles, is it possible to get a regular VTOL again, or any of the army vehicles? I know that tanks/etc show up during Mayhem activities and STAG equipment shows up in a certain somebody's loyalty mission, but you can't save vehicles during either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Wolfsheim posted:

With all this talk of secret vehicles, is it possible to get a regular VTOL again, or any of the army vehicles? I know that tanks/etc show up during Mayhem activities and STAG equipment shows up in a certain somebody's loyalty mission, but you can't save vehicles during either of those.

I'm flying a STAG VTOL at the moment. Damned if I can remember how I got it since none of the challenges mention unlocking them so maybe I got them in a side-quest.

• Locked thread