Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

And my favorite part is the people who are sure Onstad is back for good constantly forgetting what happened the last 5 times.

They're not technically wrong until he literally dies, right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Maybe we should all just stop talkinga bout his update schedule and bask in the glory of a pretty decent comic?

I appreciated finding out that boiled nonsense is a far more horrifying and less silly concept than i thought

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So looking at the alt text, I started wondering if the comic was actually updated during February of 2011.

It was.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

RZApublican posted:

So looking at the alt text, I started wondering if the comic was actually updated during February of 2011.

It was.

That whole period (well all four strips from those months) seems a little dark. Roast Beef lying on the floor wishing he was dead, yelling at Molly, alcoholism. Oh man.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

Maybe we should all just stop talkinga bout his update schedule and bask in the glory of a pretty decent comic?

I appreciated finding out that boiled nonsense is a far more horrifying and less silly concept than i thought
I can't remember where 'boiled nonsense' comes from. It sounds like an Achewood thing but it doesn't come up in the strip search.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

CannonFodder posted:

I can't remember where 'boiled nonsense' comes from. It sounds like an Achewood thing but it doesn't come up in the strip search.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11232011
one strip past the one linked.

Oh wait, thats the loving strip that started this storyline. In November 2011.
Just let it die, Onstad. JUST LET IT DIE. (this storyline)

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 31, 2013

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I guess I just suck at reading :downs:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh my loving god please just let this story line die already.

Hugmonster VIII
Jan 5, 2008

i think that turtle
want to race us!
You guys are definitely overreacting. I read back through this storyline today and it's nowhere near as bad as you all would like everyone to believe. Just be patient. He's updating weekly, he's very clearly back on his game. Just let it play out like it should.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Hugmonster VIII posted:

You guys are definitely overreacting. I read back through this storyline today and it's nowhere near as bad as you all would like everyone to believe. Just be patient. He's updating weekly, he's very clearly back on his game. Just let it play out like it should.

Agreed. The storyline is actually pretty interesting -- it's no weirder, more uncomfortable, or more inscrutable than the Cartilage Head and Lonis Edison sequences, frankly, and those are both classics now. It's just that it's been drawn out so long that it's easy to have negative associations about it.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Yeah if you go back and read without the ugly feelings that came attached when they were posted, it's not all that bad. It doesn't help that it came right after another weird, depressing arc, whereas Cartilage Head is sandwiched between Volvo of Despair and GOF, two high water marks of hilarity.

That said, Cornelius still sounds pretty far off no matter how much I revisit and that bugs the crap out of me. I'm still wary about declaring this the triumphant return of Achewood but man wouldn't that be something.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Whatever its flaws, this storyline is objectively better than Teodor tasting hog in a van.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Javid posted:

Whatever its flaws, this storyline is objectively better than Teodor tasting hog in a van.

I'm sorry, are you dissing my dog?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
in light of the last update i think there is one question we should all be asking ourselves.

is ray going to do a urine in the caddie?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
If you look at the dashboard, it indicates that the time is 10:41 AM.

Gotta say that's a hell of a time to be pourin' Ketel One into a Big Gulp and generally lookin' like boiled nonsense.

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
After a big bowl of morning Pho, you need something to cool off in the parking lot, you know?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If you look at the dashboard, it indicates that the time is 10:41 AM.

Gotta say that's a hell of a time to be pourin' Ketel One into a Big Gulp and generally lookin' like boiled nonsense.

Hair of the dog, amigo.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If you don't think Ray ain't usually well puzzled on Ketel One by 10 then you don't know Ray. :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm reading the blogs for the first time. I love the theme of Beef never remembering that meals consist of more than one food item.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pakled posted:

I'm reading the blogs for the first time. I love the theme of Beef never remembering that meals consist of more than one food item.

Speaking of the blogs, is anyone else disappointed that Onstad never put together more of the monthly books? Being able to read through the interweaving stories in one .pdf was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

If you don't think Ray ain't usually well puzzled on Ketel One by 10 then you don't know Ray. :colbert:

If you think Ray is up before 10am then you don't know Ray :colbert:

Well, unless somebody from the Agency shows up for his morning touches, I guess.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Jerusalem posted:

If you think Ray is up before 10am then you don't know Ray :colbert:

Well, unless somebody from the Agency shows up for his morning touches, I guess.

Dude is drunk as a lord by 10am, son.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Cloks posted:

Speaking of the blogs, is anyone else disappointed that Onstad never put together more of the monthly books? Being able to read through the interweaving stories in one .pdf was great.

Yeah, that risotto story was fantastic.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
:siren:Look, if you have Philippe around, some cute is just gonna get on some stuff:siren:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I still want to be able to drink Liquid Banjo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's thinking so hard about what kind of tattoo he will get :3:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
I love Tough Philippe.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Javid posted:

I'd entirely forgotten about that. What a bad arc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mfcrocker posted:

I'd entirely forgotten about that. What a bad arc.

It had the chinchilla farmers, therefore it can't have been bad. :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Konec Hry posted:

I love Tough Philippe.

Now with animation

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
It makes total sense that Lyle would get a tattoo not just of a skull, but of his own skull.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now with animation

You'd better believe that I have a wicked sack, Todd

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now with animation

I've been on this forum for years without an avatar, it might just be time for me to splash out. Is it ok for me to use this?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Cloks posted:

I actually started copying down the blog entries and assembling them myself a while ago, but I never finished it up. Got some free time coming up soon, though. If anyone wants, I can assemble the blog entries by month and upload them somewhere. Just the public blog entries, and it probably won't be very fancy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

krakagar posted:

I've been on this forum for years without an avatar, it might just be time for me to splash out. Is it ok for me to use this?

Feel free.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The rear end Stooge posted:

It makes total sense that Lyle would get a tattoo not just of a skull, but of his own skull.

Now I'm wondering if that's supposed to be Philippe's skull, and well, now I'm thinking about him opening his mouth and the horrors are returning

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm digging tough guy Phillippe's James Caan haircut.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Onstad's been posting one a week for a solid month. I'm afraid to allow myself to hope!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Phy posted:

Onstad's been posting one a week for a solid month. I'm afraid to allow myself to hope!

Don't hope. Live each day in the moment, delighted when there is a new achewood, but unexpecting. He can't let you down if you have no expectation of continuity.

By not expecting, each achewood becomes a delightful, unexpected gift from a thoughtful cartoonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Tough Phillipe should be bald. :colbert: