Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Oath Complete! Just under the wire too.

Also relevant, these are 15mm, I think I get a point for Get Based and Awww! A Baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Oath complete!

I've ran out of time, so rubbish phone photo. Might put up better photos later:

I'm not happy with the sails, ended up painting them twice!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Claiming jurnal for rusty sword

Rust is hard to do, I need to try a few more times before I'll likely get something I am happy with but ran out of time

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Bavius posted:

Oath complete omg!

E: I didn't have time before this tourny to base or add my name. If anyone could help me out by adding Bavius to it?

Here you go:

Copy the image for yourself.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Oath Failed

The Incindarii proved too much for me, and nearly killed any desire I ever had to paint. Words can not express how much I despise painting those models. I did manage to get some work done though in what is probably my best effort to date. I can't figure out how to photograph my miniatures, and I suspect my style just doesn't take well to photography especially the metallics. Oh well.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Awful 'try and get your name in it' photo-

Group shot-

Detectuv's Jurnal is the weathered shields and armour and halberd rusting-

They are noticeably dingy and worn compared to my other Chaos Warriors, who like showing off their favoured god's colours-

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Detektuv’s Jurnal: the weathering on the Chimera, and the heat damage the guns.

No basing on the Land Speeder, but I think that's allowed since it's a clear base. I think that's everything.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

overthefalls posted:

I, overthefalls, oath 1 Menoth Crusader from Privateer Press for the month of August.

:wooper: Oath Complete!

Not much to say. Tried to wet blend and just made a mess of things. Couple with horrid camera skills, and it looks like a wreck. It's not that bad live, though -- I need to rethink doing red, it looks like.

Detektuv's Journal is the blackening of the mace -- again, not shown great due to the reflective background, but the insides of the mace are stained black and brown with multiple washes to tarnish the gold.

Really not in a painting mood lately. I'll find something to work on for September though.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Whole crew;

Mud on Yan Lo, Rusty Ashigaru, OSL on the Soul Porter

Detectuv' Jurnal is the mud on Yan Lo, and the mud and rust on the Ashigaru. I'd also like to claim this as a Themed Group, given they're all Yan Lo's crew (and aside from Chiaki, are all kinda similar in colour scheme).

Actually all quite nice to paint, although one of the Ashigaru had a mis-cast banner that's already broken twice (once to me, once to the cat's 'investigations'), and some of the parts were stupidly fiddly - I mean, having to glue on heads is one thing, but Yan Lo's sodding beard? Much swearing and tweezer-work there.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: Oath Complete :radcat:

Bonus photo! Blood spatter!

Backstory;

Atropos had always hated drop pods, and today was no exception. They had landed miles away from the city the Xenos scum were hiding in, which meant a long trek over the verdant fields. This was his first mission in his new armor, which had been further polished and cleaned. He had a glorious new bolter to match, polished to a fine gleam.
It took hours to get to the city, each step Atropos took closer to the city became more and more difficult; the ground had been already so trampled that it had become a quagmire. Space Marines and Ork alike had already begun the battle hours beforehand.
He was eager to join the battle by this point, charging into the burning city with his brothers. Detritus littered the defunct streets, the damages of war already in evidence. He leapt into the fray, charging down green skins, blood spurting everywhere. An ill-timed whack with the butt of his pistol to the shattered face of an Ork left him with bullets grazing his shoulder pad. Diving into cover left him with more holes grazing up his shin. The filthy xenos would pay for this.
The battle did not last nearly as long as Atropos would have liked, but certainly long enough to see many of his brothers cut down. The day was of course theirs in the end. Come the end he had more than proved himself worthy, the survivor of countless thousands of battles, always triumphant. This time though Asterion Moloc, their brutal chapter Masters, deemed him worthy of receiving his veteran's laurels and Iron Skull, joining them within the sacked city himself. Atropos had done his best to clean the soot, mud and blood from his armour, but there was no helping the bullet-holes. Perhaps he would start a new collection.

Detektuvs Jurnal;
Mud covered in the second stage, still muddy but blood covered in the third, as well as sooty. See also bullet-holes in the leg and shoulder pad. The same bullet-holes in the fourth stage.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Schmetterling posted:

After spending far too long trying to find out this wizard's official Reaper name, I learnt that he's a brand new sculpt, just for Bones.

Male High Wizard: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones%20wizard/latest/77034

Nice work =)

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
:hist101:Oath Complete!:hist101:

Detektuvs Jurnal: Mud and dust on Worm from him crawling on the ground, and a bit of dust on the edges of Sharkey's cloak.

ineptmule posted:

Tadhg you reprobate I still owe you a prize! Get in touch!

:aaa: I've been without internet for the past month, I'm sorry! Life has been full of a ton of e/n stuff coupled with overhauling my place, so I haven't had time for any internets or painting pewter space barbies. Summer Oaths have been done by the seat of my pants and on borrowed internet.

Things are settling down this weekend, finally, along with fancy new internet being hooked up. Emails coming, along with time for better Oath material.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Themed Group for the Fire Warriors, Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering for the mud, dust, worn paint, and scorched melta barrels on the sentinel

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Oath Complete

Awwww, a BABY!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren: (I hope I'm on time anyway....)

I'm claiming the Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering on the Pharaoh-lich guy, in the form of dust and sand (pigment powders) on his robe and rust on his blade-wing things. (Which in hindsight makes no sense; rust in the desert?) Sorry for the crappy white balance/blur/general poo poo photos; hopefully I'll have learned something about this camera by next month.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Thanks for finding it for me. :) Looks like he was only put up in the Reaper store on the 26th; no wonder I couldn't find it before.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright! Unless I'm mistaken about time zones, I believe that's Brushes Down, folks!

Khadhul posted:

I hope the Chaos Lord qualifies for box art given he's supposed to be an Ironic Warrior, but the only official pic of an Iron Warrior I can find on the GW site the moment is of the Warsmith rather than a Terminator.

If not I guess I can paint up my Warsmith at some point.

I think that's a reasonable reference, so I've given you the point.

Zhent posted:

I did not mention when I posted my complete that I would also like to qualify for the themed group and box art bonuses. I am unable to post another picture from here to show the box art, since we are at the convention until Monday, but the command set are painted as the Ravenwing Command characters from Games Workshop.

I had already given you themed group (along with several other goons who clearly had themed groups but forgot to mention it). I found the box cover for Ravenwing Command and it's clearly what you've done, so I've granted you that point too.

Conan the Librarian posted:

Oath Complete! Just under the wire too.

Also relevant, these are 15mm, I think I get a point for Get Based and Awww! A Baby!

You received your point for basing your miniatures (which you don't have to explicitly claim: everyone gets it unless their figures clearly should be based, but the base isn't done) but I suspect you don't intend to claim the "Get Based Out" for this entry. "Get Based Out" isn't for points: it's a separate category you can submit one thing to for the whole year, which has it's own judgement and prize. You should submit the best basing job you do all year for that one.

If I got it wrong, though, please let me know!

Everyone
I believe I'm caught up on bookkeeping. Please check the Spreadsheets to make sure I've credited you for everything you've done. I will wait till probably Tuesday night at the earliest to do prize drawing, so that should give everyone a chance to check and make sure I got you covered. I usually miss a couple things each month, so please don't just count on my accuracy.

Good job everyone! We have 72 completed oaths, of 82 goons who made oaths, an 88% completion rate. That's the best so far this year!

Before judging for August, the current points leaders are Red Shoe and Slimnoid, tied at 53! A lot of goons are within spitting distance of the top ten, though, so the race is still hot.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Sweet, just realized I forgot to write themed group on my oath completed post, only to find that you already credited me with it anyway! Thanks!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Can we make new oaths yet? I can never remember if we need to wait til the month's theme is declared or we can just go right from brushes down.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can make new oaths now for September, yes. It might be wise to wait and find out what the theme is, just in case it's something you don't want to do to the models you oathed, but if you don't care that much about it or if you're confident in your ability to incorporate the theme, go for it!

Also, as a reminder, krushgroove will be doing the oath approvals beginning this month.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath one Hyperion from Privateer Press for the month of Septempter.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I Oath 4 Cataphract Incindiarii and 1 Agonizer for September
Privateer Press

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:I Oath 3x Space Marine Bikes by GW:siren:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I, Serotonin, oath a Phoenix heavy warjack, 2 Ghost Snipers and Sylys Wishnar, all from the Retribution of Scyrah by Privateer Press

The Phoenix is part under coated and part not because I tore down a fully made and under coated Hydra to change it into a Phoenix. I've been wanting to oath some Warmachine for a while but timings have never worked out due to me having to get stuff onto the table for an escalation league my group is running. These models are the last of my 35 point list.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

:siren:I, thespaceinvader do hereby and forthwith oath this Damien, Hellborn Wizard, from Reaper Bones:siren:
Also, announcing my intention to speedpaint a bitch, so to work.

I don't know whether I can get Cut and Swap for swapping out the original built-in base for the Secret Weapon base I've attached instead?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Me kontact had bin kleer. No uvver words would do. Da next guy I ‘ad ta speak to wouldn't even give the time of day unless I ad dese words about me person.

Oi 'anded de skrap ov paper to da git wiv da needle and sat in da chair wiv a mug ov fungus beer to numb da pain.

Dis would not be my furst ink. Back in me yoof days I lost a bet and now I ‘av a grot on me arse. Back den me mob 'ad all goff style as well so once I was a proppa boy I 'ad some 'efty black and white bizness all over da place.

Lots of uvvers too but now dis ones finished. I finished me beer and looked down at da password for da next lead:

ZOG OFF

'Bootiful job mate, fanks. Ere 'av anuvver toof fer da trubble.'

This month’s theme: FREEHAND! Dust off those skinny brushes, lick the tip and get going! Think up a design that will look cool on your model, whether it’s grafitti on a vehicle or building, tatoo on an arm, embroidery on a robe or a design painted on some armor. If you want some tips on how to do freehand work, check out this page: http://www.paintrix-miniatures.com/articles.php?&art=11&page=1

And remember, the judges will be giving 1 point EACH for the best Freehand done this month!

If you don’t want to do this Detektuv’s Jurnal or you just can’t see a way to do it on your chosen model(s), you can do any previous Jurnal to earn 1 point this month (instead of the 2 for doing the September Jurnal), but your Jurnal entry won’t be eligible for points from the judges.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath one Hyperion from Privateer Press for the month of Septempter.

Mt. ORourke posted:

I Oath 4 Cataphract Incindiarii and 1 Agonizer for September
Privateer Press

Matgash posted:

:siren:I Oath 3x Space Marine Bikes by GW:siren:
Accepted

Serotonin posted:

I, Serotonin, oath a Phoenix heavy warjack, 2 Ghost Snipers and Sylys Wishnar, all from the Retribution of Scyrah by Privateer Press

The Phoenix is part under coated and part not because I tore down a fully made and under coated Hydra to change it into a Phoenix. I've been wanting to oath some Warmachine for a while but timings have never worked out due to me having to get stuff onto the table for an escalation league my group is running. These models are the last of my 35 point list.
Accepted, however just a reminder to everyone else about making your oath pictures a single color of primer (or not primed at all) in order to get accepted. This picture is fine, although to be honest it would be easier if the parts were left unattached so it's absolutely clear. I know folks like to assemble models ahead of time so I don't want to throw a wrench in anyone's plans unnecessarily, just toss a reminder out there.

thespaceinvader posted:

:siren:I, thespaceinvader do hereby and forthwith oath this Damien, Hellborn Wizard, from Reaper Bones:siren:

I don't know whether I can get Cut and Swap for swapping out the original built-in base for the Secret Weapon base I've attached instead?

Accepted, and are you planning to do a previous Detektuv's Jurnal instead of this month's, is that why you're doing the Cut And Swap? If so you're fine, it's clear to see that you've swapped the base.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Well, I'm planning to do Cut and Swap some time, so I figure I may as well get it when I get it, and pick up this month's theme with an additional.

On which note, muthafukkin speedpainting beeyatch. :siren:Oath Complete: 1 Damien, Hellborn Wizard, by Reaper Bones:siren:

Claiming Cut and Swap for the base swap and speedpainting for the... having finished. Now. Approximately 6 hours after I started.

I'll pick a mini or two and do an additional oath to get this month's theme, which does sound fun. Now, which of my bones can I do lots of nice freehand on? I mean, there's actually a tonne of room on this one, and some of the example minis on Reaper's site have some neat freehand, but I'm not going to try to do both freehand and speedpainting in one go... E: I'm thinking about doing one of the other Bones wizards that has a big scroll for my second oath this month. I'll have a look at my haul and see. Plus, I may well add a giant or a demon if I'm feeling brave stupid.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 1, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath three Ravenwing Black Knights, One Librarian, and one Dark Angels Jawa by Games Workshop for September

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Battlewagon, with Dethrolla and Kannon. I Bikernob, 1 Warboss on bike and 1 Nob with bigchoppa and combi-skorcha. All are GW (40k).

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Was hoping it would be freehand this month, really want to practice that.

For September I oath these 5 Space Marine Terminators. 28mm, Games Workshop, Space Hulk / Warhammer 40,000.

Apologies to Dr. Gargunza for pinching your basing idea, it was too good not to try!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I, Booley, Oath 1 riptide and 2 shielded missile drones from Games Workshop for the month of september

Booley fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 1, 2013

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I, Imazul, oath that I will paint these 4 DHL Classics: Skeletons (2 archers, 2 swordsmen) and 2 Skeletal Spearmen from Reaper Bones Miniatures

I will also claim my Awwww, it's a baby!

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Booley posted:

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Sweet tau pics

Themed Group for the Fire Warriors, Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering for the mud, dust, worn paint, and scorched melta barrels on the sentinel

That scheme looks so good!

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath one Hierophant from Privateer Press for September!

I'll probably add some more stuff later but need to do a little stripping and conversion work and I wanted to get started on this guy.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm thinking of oathing a 2-horse chariot plus 2 additional miniatures. My plan is to have the chariot and both horses on their own separate bases (so, in 3 pieces), because I find it's convenient to have a few extra horse minis around for RPGs. In other words, my miniature count will be like this:
  • Horse 1
  • Horse 2
  • Horseless chariot
  • Foot soldier 1
  • Foot soldier 2

Is this kosher for the purposes of a themed group?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

:siren:Gotta do this bonus style: I, thespaceinvader, am making an oath addition: 1 Galladon, male Wizard by Reaper Bones:siren:

Should be able to pick up the freehanding bonus on the scroll there, but I'm also hoping to do a bit more round the hem of his cloak, maybe on his hat too. Alternatively, I might have a punt at box art, and try to copy the scheme on the Reaper site.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath three Ravenwing Black Knights, One Librarian, and one Dark Angels Jawa by Games Workshop for September

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Battlewagon, with Dethrolla and Kannon. I Bikernob, 1 Warboss on bike and 1 Nob with bigchoppa and combi-skorcha. All are GW (40k).

Galaspar posted:

For September I oath these 5 Space Marine Terminators. 28mm, Games Workshop, Space Hulk / Warhammer 40,000.

Booley posted:

I, Booley, Oath 1 riptide and 2 shielded missile drones from Games Workshop for the month of september

Just FYI, you've covered up part of the timestamp - it's obviously 10:45 AM but just a heads up for the future :)

Imazul posted:

I, Imazul, oath that I will paint these 4 DHL Classics: Skeletons (2 archers, 2 swordsmen) and 2 Skeletal Spearmen from Reaper Bones Miniatures

thespaceinvader posted:

:siren:Gotta do this bonus style: I, thespaceinvader, am making an oath addition: 1 Galladon, male Wizard by Reaper Bones:siren:
ACCEPTED!

I won't always be able to do accepted posts twice a day, but doing them roughly once per day is what I'm shooting at. The first week of the month should see most of the oaths made, so I'll keep on top of it as much as I can during then, and then see how it goes.

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm thinking of oathing a 2-horse chariot plus 2 additional miniatures. My plan is to have the chariot and both horses on their own separate bases (so, in 3 pieces), because I find it's convenient to have a few extra horse minis around for RPGs. In other words, my miniature count will be like this:
  • Horse 1
  • Horse 2
  • Horseless chariot
  • Foot soldier 1
  • Foot soldier 2

Is this kosher for the purposes of a themed group?

I think a minimum of 5 25-30mm scale minis is what's expected, assuming that's the scale you're working on you should be fine.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
:zombie: I, Asphyxious, oath 10 Invictors (Privateer Press) and 1 Metro (Corvus Belli) :zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

krushgroove posted:

Just FYI, you've covered up part of the timestamp - it's obviously 10:45 AM but just a heads up for the future :)

You learn fast, my apprentice... Feel the paint flow throw you... Now kill your dad and rule by my side, young Krushgroove.

• Locked thread