Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

kalonZombie posted:

Just your end. I just ran a test and I uploaded fine.

Did you upload more than one thing or just one? It seems to randomly work or not work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

wdarkk posted:

Did you upload more than one thing or just one? It seems to randomly work or not work for me.

I uploaded a bunch of images with rightload, and it worked fine.

E: nevermind. Fixed now.

gatz fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 31, 2013

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSxf9b4A1qo

So here's an idea I've been sitting on for a while, and just finished up the first little test of it. It's basically taking LA Noire, but presented with an extra layer of overly-noire narration. I just wanted to get a couple of opinions before I went any further with it. Occultatio and Mott514 have already done a pretty comprehensive LP of the game here, but mine isn't going to be a 100% run - I'd focus on a case-by-case basis and omit pretty much everything that isn't directly related, to keep things focused on the narrative. So, a few questions - Is the gimmick of the Noire-style narration working or not? That's pretty much the hook for the entire LP, so if it's something that's more annoying than entertaining, let me know. It requires a lot more effort than just recording normal commentary on top of a game, so if it's something most people found grating I'd rather find out sooner than when I'm waist-deep in it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

unfair posted:

Let's Play Project: Snowblind

This might come off as being a little :spergin:-y and rude but I highly recommend that you start using seperate banner templates for each of your Let's Plays. In the past couple of months I've noticed something like four of your test posts showing up in the Sandcastle. Every time I see that grey gradient banner with the plain text on it I get more and more weary of it and I can't be the only one.

Especially now that other people are also raising concern that you are running too many LPs at once, I think it would be a good idea to do whatever you can to differentiate those LPs from one another and some different banners might be a good place to start. :)

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

McKilligan posted:

So, a few questions - Is the gimmick of the Noire-style narration working or not? That's pretty much the hook for the entire LP, so if it's something that's more annoying than entertaining, let me know.

I thought it was pretty entertaining - there were only a couple places where it felt slightly off because you had a ton to say in a short amount of time, but it didn't bother me enough that it warrants a re-do.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

GeneralYeti posted:

There's no shame in waiting until you have better equipment.

Suggestible, even.

In a co-commentary LP the audio is vital, you don't want one commentator picking up a ton of outside noise and distracting from the game. You also don't want them losing volume all of the sudden because they turned away or shifted in their seat.

Have your friend get a USB microphone (maybe a $20 investment that could be used for games, skype or other functions as well) and have them send you a copy of their audio as well so you don't pull from a skype stream (as it appeared you did there). When Psion and I did the Ghost Recon Future Soldier Thread we both recorded in audacity and I would send him my file to line up with his and the audio quality was actually surprisingly good.

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

I think about food literally all day every day. It's a thing.
I'm planning to make a SSLP of this stupid horse game called Starshine Legacy, but I'm not sure my first update lives up to the standards around here. I haven't written an OP yet, as I want to see opinions of the LP itself first.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15266

It is good enough or is there something I need to improve?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Well, Zaito, you're the second person in as many weeks who really needs to work on their commentary. For example, you missed a golden opportunity to a) Tell us what the hell the badly coloured text says (it's barely readable, might need to retake that screenshot), and b) Point out that it is shoddily coloured. Then there's the fact that the rest of your commentary is basically "I did this" or "This is a bad idea", which is the SSLP equivalent of reaction commentary. Sparse reaction commentary, at that.

So comment more, try to explain things, and remember, imagine when writing that you've never seen this game before, and you should be alright-ish. Well, better, at least.

SillyGoosesinc
Jul 18, 2012

by exmarx

Lazyfire posted:

Suggestible, even.

In a co-commentary LP the audio is vital, you don't want one commentator picking up a ton of outside noise and distracting from the game. You also don't want them losing volume all of the sudden because they turned away or shifted in their seat.

Have your friend get a USB microphone (maybe a $20 investment that could be used for games, skype or other functions as well) and have them send you a copy of their audio as well so you don't pull from a skype stream (as it appeared you did there). When Psion and I did the Ghost Recon Future Soldier Thread we both recorded in audacity and I would send him my file to line up with his and the audio quality was actually surprisingly good.

He seems to be fine with his current set up so I don't know if I feel comfortable asking someone to buy something just for my LP, but I may end up seeking out a different co-commentator or just going solo. I'll just need some time to think about that. I'll work on my own audio problems and eliminate that white noise I don't think that should be too difficult. I wasn't actually recording from the Skype call we each did have out own audio recording, so any problems are the mic's fault and not Skype. If anyone else has any advice I'd love to hear it but right now it looks like I'm going to shut down retool and come back in a while. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll be back with a something hopefully improved.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
SillyGoosesinc - you've got potential here. The audio processing, as mentioned before, needs work. How did the white noise through the video get in? Was that, as you mentioned, turning your friend's channel up super-high? Just out of curiosity, is your commentary done as you play, or is it added in post? Also did you have multiple tracks of audio (the game, your commentary, your friends commentary) or was everything combined simultaneously? I think the ideal setup would be to use separate tracks, and you can also do cool things in post like ducking the audio (where the game's audio quiets a little when you or your friend speaks).

Liked the little tidbit on the Nintendo of America censorship thing, never considered that.

McKilligan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSxf9b4A1qo

So here's an idea I've been sitting on for a while, and just finished up the first little test of it. It's basically taking LA Noire, but presented with an extra layer of overly-noire narration. I just wanted to get a couple of opinions before I went any further with it. Occultatio and Mott514 have already done a pretty comprehensive LP of the game here, but mine isn't going to be a 100% run - I'd focus on a case-by-case basis and omit pretty much everything that isn't directly related, to keep things focused on the narrative. So, a few questions - Is the gimmick of the Noire-style narration working or not? That's pretty much the hook for the entire LP, so if it's something that's more annoying than entertaining, let me know. It requires a lot more effort than just recording normal commentary on top of a game, so if it's something most people found grating I'd rather find out sooner than when I'm waist-deep in it.

You've got a good voice for the commentary. As far as the Noire-style narration, it's a gimmick, but I don't think it's grating. It might not be everyone's taste, but I think it was pretty good. ("I don't care much for modern art.")

As far as gimmicks go, when someone does a gimmick poorly or doesn't shut up for a few seconds at a time, it's grating. I think it's important that videos have some "quiet spots" to let the viewer take in the game. This is just my opinion in general and not aimed at you, but if you're going to have a gimmick, make sure you absolutely know what you're doing, and don't be halfhearted but don't be batshit either. I would never even try this gimmick because I have no idea how to make good Noire narration. I would definitely do this sort of commentary in post because unless you're amazing it would be too hard to get the dialogue witty and smooth as you go along.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Zaito posted:

I'm planning to make a SSLP of this stupid horse game called Starshine Legacy, but I'm not sure my first update lives up to the standards around here. I haven't written an OP yet, as I want to see opinions of the LP itself first.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15266

It is good enough or is there something I need to improve?

There's way too much empty space.

Maybe you should work on that.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SillyGoosesinc posted:

He seems to be fine with his current set up so I don't know if I feel comfortable asking someone to buy something just for my LP, but I may end up seeking out a different co-commentator or just going solo. I'll just need some time to think about that. I'll work on my own audio problems and eliminate that white noise I don't think that should be too difficult. I wasn't actually recording from the Skype call we each did have out own audio recording, so any problems are the mic's fault and not Skype. If anyone else has any advice I'd love to hear it but right now it looks like I'm going to shut down retool and come back in a while. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll be back with a something hopefully improved.

Hm, his mic sounded like every skype conversation I've ever had so I was sure you CallGraphed it or something. White noise removal is a pretty quick operation in Audacity if you have a sample of the white noise the Noise Removal effect has worked for me in the past.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Well I posted the Space Station 13 thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568045

Let's hope it's not a bunch videos of the station blowing up (This is exactly what it will be.)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Threads are moving a lot slower this weekend, and I don't just mean the OPs updating. Labor Day?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Full party wipes because an enemy screamed at you! Let's play Saga Frontier

Saga Frontier was released in 1998, and like other games in the Saga franchise, it is notorious for having a deep and complex gameplay system while also having very little information about these game mechanics. This combined with it coming out in the shadow of Final Fantasy 7 mean that Saga Frontier didn't do too well at the time of its release. Reviewers panned it for it's difficulty and frequent points of no return which could leave players with no other option aside from grinding. To make things worse if you didn't grind the right way you would just end up spinning your wheels and making the random battles stronger.

Since then, the general opinion of the game has improved. After playing the game long enough, there's a moment where everything sort of clicks and it becomes a lot of fun. The decision to have the player play through multiple short storylines while offering a diverse cast gives the game a lot of replay value. In fact, a very dedicated community of fans has formed focused on shedding some light on the games many obtuse game mechanics and more incomplete parts of the story.

LP Style
In general, I'll be going for a more informative LP. RedBoot has a very good LP of Saga Frontier in the archives
Here, but since his LP there's been a lot of good information to come out about the game that I'm going to try and show off.

Thread Rules and Notes
-The plot of this game can be a bit of a mess at times, but please refrain from spoilers until we've covered them.
-If you know something about the game mechanics feel free to share it! I'm sure that I'm going to miss something just because there's so much that can be covered.
-In general, I want to show off as many party members as possible so unfortunately, that doesn't leave too much room for voting on party composition. As far as the order of the scenarios, I'm going to start with Emelia's and end with Red's but there's some flexibility in the middle for voting.
-As far as update schedule, I'll try to shoot for once or twice a week.

Latest Update
Update 1

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

^Y'know, that was one of 3 games I've considered. Glad I've put it towards this instead.

The Wanderer, a Tragedy in 5 Acts (e: V (A Vagrant Story LP)
(OP attached to sample)

Dear God I definitely need to know if I'm going in the right direction with this. It's either a VLP where I sit still on a screen and yammer for a minute between lines about how awesome it is, or a screenshot LP that is longer than the trainwreck I just made. Honestly, I had almost 200 screenshots for 10 minutes of drat gameplay.

Or I need to get really good at Gifs really fast (this I think is my preferred option, but I'll need to do something about 2MB sized nightmares).

I think it'll be better once the actual game starts, but this is my vision, this is what I believe... at least for now.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 2, 2013

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

FeyerbrandX posted:

^Y'know, that was one of 3 games I've considered. Glad I've put it towards this instead.

The Wanderer, a Tragedy in 5 Acts
(OP attached to sample)

Dear God I definitely need to know if I'm going in the right direction with this. It's either a VLP where I sit still on a screen and yammer for a minute between lines about how awesome it is, or a screenshot LP that is longer than the trainwreck I just made. Honestly, I had almost 200 screenshots for 10 minutes of drat gameplay.

Or I need to get really good at Gifs really fast (this I think is my preferred option, but I'll need to do something about 2MB sized nightmares).

I think it'll be better once the actual game starts, but this is my vision, this is what I believe... at least for now.

Did you have any plans of actually stating what game you're playing? Because you reference everything around it, but never state that you're playing Vagrant Story. Might be a nice thing to do. I thought your title was referencing Shadow of the Colossus.

Remember that hybrids are always an option. Whenever you're just running around hitting things with your weapon of the moment, you can do screenshots and have videos of cutscenes.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Explosionface posted:

Did you have any plans of actually stating what game you're playing? Because you reference everything around it, but never state that you're playing Vagrant Story. Might be a nice thing to do. I thought your title was referencing Shadow of the Colossus.

Remember that hybrids are always an option. Whenever you're just running around hitting things with your weapon of the moment, you can do screenshots and have videos of cutscenes.

I've got through to the first save point. Realized I've lost my mind, sat and thought of what the hell I'm doing. Then randomly had that bit of inspiration about the Shakespearean naming conventions and going on the tangent of a play.

The alternative title I had, before I went on that tangent was Belly Dancing! Now that I've got your attention, Let's Play Vagrant Story

Your point about VLPing the cutscenes, and just SSLPing dungeon crawling may work. there's a lot of empty rooms to gush about cutscenes through.

That, and my original plan was to be somewhat humorous, I'd be allowed to return to that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Speedball posted:

Threads are moving a lot slower this weekend, and I don't just mean the OPs updating. Labor Day?

School has also just started up again, so that messes with a lot of schedules.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Brainamp posted:

School has also just started up again, so that messes with a lot of schedules.

School, end of the year holidays and summer travel season are generally the big things that slow down LPs from what I've seen. For like 2 weeks in May everything moves quick and threads get posted more often.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 2, 2013

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't know why, but having exams seems to directly cause me to start LPs. All my LPs have been started in the middle of exam seasons.

I am the best at priorities.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

dude789 posted:

Personal opinion, not about format or anything, but I'd suggest doing Rikki in the middle somewhere, at least I've always hated him most so I'd fear a loss in momentum.
Do Blue last we have something to look forward to in breaking the game over your knee and post game

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

dude789 posted:

Can I just say that I am really looking forward to this LP? With the SaGa Frontier community recently discovering the convoluted mechanics behind this game, I feel that someone needs to revisit this game. That and the fact that this game is my #1 favourite game of all time.

I cannot wait till this thread goes live!

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

Some guy posted:

Good evening! I'm busy with academics at the moment, but when Winter break starts, I was planning on getting a capture card (Elgato Game Capture HD) and a Snowball mic and making LPs. I've planned over a hundred games from a myriad of genres and years I wanted to go through, either to experience classics like FFVII for the first time, or guide people through sleeper hits like Ace Combat Zero. Now, I have always heard there's an added atmosphere of authenticity when uploading LPs to the archive rather than Youtube, but there is a problem: I've been banned indefinitely (note: not Perma-Banned) from the SomethingAwful Forums, though I have learned from my mistake since then. I am not asking to be unbanned, by no means. Rather, I was curious if I could still submit Let's Plays to the archive; perhaps I could share it via DropBox or some other service. The bottom line being, is that like many people exhibited on the archive, I wish to make LPs for primarily for fun, to exhibit what gaming has to offer, and in some cases, give details about their production, for example. Tell the General, Chip, and whomever else this letter may concern that I believe gamers deserve better representatives of their hobby, and I'm willing to at least try to do something about that. But enough of this pontification, let me hear what you have to say.

Sincerely, M.I.E.

I didn't realise I had usurped control of the archive from its true owners, General Ironicus and Chip Cheezum. My bad guys, you can have it back any time.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

baldurk posted:

I didn't realise I had usurped control of the archive from its true owners, General Ironicus and Chip Cheezum. My bad guys, you can have it back any time.

Awwww, he means well. I feel kinda sorry for him, honestly. Hang in there, buddy. :unsmith:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

baldurk posted:

Wait, is he insulting everyone who's submitted something to the archive and/or has tried making gaming-related videos?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
That's not us, he was asking about these guys

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

quote:

Now, I have always heard there's an added atmosphere of authenticity when uploading LPs to the archive rather than Youtube

Yeah, it's called quality. :rimshot:

e: in all seriousness, if this guy's gonna drop ~$200 on gear and start LPing then if he desperately wants on the archive, ten bucks to Lowtax is nothing. Joining just to put a thread on the LP Archive seems stupid to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess?

it's like he gets there's a reason that not every LP in the known universe is on the Archive but doesn't quite get what that reason is. I wonder what their account was and why they got banned.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 4, 2013

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

I had a week to think about what I wanted to do for my Symphony of the Night Let's Play.

My updated SotN post:

quote:

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
Released in 1997 by Konami for the PSX

Welcome everyone to a Let's Play Castlevania - Symphony of the Night.

This game, released in 1997 by Konami, is a 2D side-scroller that incorporates RPG elements into the Castlevania world. The player, Alucard, gains experience and levels throughout the game from defeating enemies.

The experience system, the brainchild of Koji Igarashi, was developed because previous Castlevania games were too challenging for average players. Additionally, older Castlevania games had little replay value for the player. So, as new experience levels are reached, the five basic stats (Luck, Constitution, Intelligence, Strength, Defense) increase, as well as the hit points and magic available to the player. Additionally, Alucard can collect many items (some rare, some common) including swords, armor, and single use items. These can help with everything from defending against elemental attacks, or a quick stat boost to fight a particular enemy. For example, one setup with a particular weapon and certain accessories may not work for one boss, while a completely different setup makes a boss fight a relative breeze. Finally, there are also 'familiars' available in the game which also gain experience. Each familiar, as it grows, adds a different angle to the game - making each playthrough slightly different based on which familiar is used.

To me, though, one of the biggest features of this game is the soundtrack. Composed by Michiru Yamane - the music uses various styles from Jazz to Classical to Metal to create variety of ambiances for the player. The music is one of the best aspects of the game, and helps to create an amazing atmosphere that the player can enjoy.

My LP will be divided into either sections from one boss enemy to the next, or in 15 minute or so intervals - whichever is least. In rare cases, I may have two bosses in one video if they are close enough together. If each section exists in parts, they will be posted as such.

The rough outline of the LP shall be:

(List items will ONLY show up once the videos have been completed. Headers will be more succinct, and for now, are only here to show structure to the LP.)

Introduction:

• We discuss Richter, how to beat Dracula without getting defeated, and what happens if you do get hit.

Dracula's Castle

• Beginning through Death to Gaibon and Slogra - Part 01
  • Marble Gallery to Outer Wall to Doppelganger
    [list]
  • Long Library to Royal Chapel to Hippogryph
  • Olrox's Quarters to Colosseum to Minotaurus and Werewolf
  • Underground Caverns to Succubus and Scylla
  • Underground Caverns to Abandoned Pit and Cerberos
  • Abandoned Pit to Granfaloon
  • Facing Richter Now, and why it's a mistake
  • Maria and the Clock Tower, to Richter
  • Facing Richter and not reading the directions
  • Facing Richter the right way

Dracula's Castle (Inverted Castle)

Note: This section is going to be pretty much free-form anyway except for the third ending and the final ending.

• Dracula's Eye
  • Dracula's Heart
  • Dracula's Rib
  • Dracula's Ring
  • Dracula's Tooth
  • Facing Dracula for the Third Ending
  • Getting the rest of the map and facing Dracula for the Final Ending

Addendum:

I will condense boring sections of the LP as much as possible, and will attempt to get every item that I can. I won't be pushing the Muramasa to 999 Strength, but I might get my familiar to Level 50.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
^^^^^^
As I think was mentioned before, you don't really need to list out everything that the LP is going to consist of ahead of time. Especially for people that are coming into your LP with no knowledge of the game, it's going to spoil the inverted castle for them if you expressly bring it up.

Also I seem to recall that using the Item Break on Dracula gave you lower stats than what you would normally get for not getting hit at all, but honestly it's been years since I've played.

Psion posted:

Yeah, it's called quality. :rimshot:

e: in all seriousness, if this guy's gonna drop ~$200 on gear and start LPing then if he desperately wants on the archive, ten bucks to Lowtax is nothing. Joining just to put a thread on the LP Archive seems stupid to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess?

it's like he gets there's a reason that not every LP in the known universe is on the Archive but doesn't quite get what that reason is.
Well no, see, he's been banned indefinitely (not permabanned though...just indefinitely) and thus can't actually post on SA anymore. So he wants to circumvent the whole unnecessary process of posting here and just get into the prestigious institute known as the LPArchives with the heavy hitters like Chip and Ironicus and ummmmm others?

I am kinda curious now what he was banned for though; that name doesn't immediately strike me as familiar.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 4, 2013

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
How is one indefinitely banned without being permabanned? Was it one of these 11-year probations?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Three-Phase posted:

How is one indefinitely banned without being permabanned? Was it one of these 11-year probations?

You're banned until you cough up another ten bucks to get unbanned. This is a somewhat tortured definition of indefinite given that they could end it at any time - there's a very definite end to that ban should they so choose.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
We'll find out in 11 years I guess.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Niggurath posted:

^^^^^^
As I think was mentioned before, you don't really need to list out everything that the LP is going to consist of ahead of time. Especially for people that are coming into your LP with no knowledge of the game, it's going to spoil the inverted castle for them if you expressly bring it up.

This was kinda snuck into the text there, I believe that's going to happen:

quote:

(List items will ONLY show up once the videos have been completed. Headers will be more succinct, and for now, are only here to show structure to the LP.)

With that in mind, I'd even chop the addendum unless it comes up by request or post. In my opinion the main goal of any OP on day one is to get three things accomplished: name of game, reason to click, first update link to click - and that's about it. Chop anything extraneous and add it after the fact, once the thread gets going. As the thread goes on, the OP evolves into an index of videos and related content and takes a shape similar to that testpost.

maybe this is more of a problem for me since I like to type lots of words.

e: oh fine, quote me as I revise this. My other problem is incessant editing. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 4, 2013

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

Psion posted:

I'd even chop the addendum unless it comes up by request or post. In my opinion the main goal of any OP on day one is to get people to click on your first video. The more stuff you have in there that isn't a video link, the less likely that is. As the thread goes on, the OP evolves into an index of videos and related content and takes a shape similar to that testpost.

Good to know. Thanks!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Psion posted:

This was kinda snuck into the text there, I believe that's going to happen:

With that in mind, I'd even chop the addendum unless it comes up by request or post. In my opinion the main goal of any OP on day one is to get three things accomplished: name of game, reason to click, first update link to click - and that's about it. Chop anything extraneous and add it after the fact, once the thread gets going. As the thread goes on, the OP evolves into an index of videos and related content and takes a shape similar to that testpost.

maybe this is more of a problem for me since I like to type lots of words.

e: oh fine, quote me as I revise this. My other problem is incessant editing. :v:
Ah, that was my bad then; I just saw a wall of text and my mind kinda shut off (which I guess shows the importance of what you're saying about being concise).

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

Niggurath posted:

Ah, that was my bad then; I just saw a wall of text and my mind kinda shut off (which I guess shows the importance of what you're saying about being concise).

The initial OP wasn't going to be the entire wall of text, only 30 or 40% of it. I felt like typing out my thought process and that's why it got so verbose.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Personal opinion, not about format or anything, but I'd suggest doing Rikki in the middle somewhere, at least I've always hated him most so I'd fear a loss in momentum.
Do Blue last we have something to look forward to in breaking the game over your knee and post game
The biggest problem with doing Blue last is that his quest has so little content unique to his quest. Ideally I would do his quest second or third so that I can show off one of the main magic quest lines in his quest. I can understand the appeal of breaking the post game content, but Red's quest gives you so many good characters that it does a pretty decent job of breaking the game anyway while still giving the game a chance to show off some of the bonus stuff before pounding it into the dirt.

Thwack! posted:

Can I just say that I am really looking forward to this LP? With the SaGa Frontier community recently discovering the convoluted mechanics behind this game, I feel that someone needs to revisit this game. That and the fact that this game is my #1 favourite game of all time.

I cannot wait till this thread goes live!
I'm glad you're looking forward to it! I'm gonna try and work up a few more updates to get a good backlog going and hopefully put the thread up either later this week or sometime next week.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

baldurk posted:

Some guy posted:

:eng99:

Whoever wrote that is trying really hard to impress you with unnaturally flowery language. They do go by three initials, though, which is impressive as gently caress. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

gatz posted:

They do go by three initials, though, which is impressive as gently caress. :jerkbag:

I take offense to that.

• Locked thread