Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nice one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Can't someone take me to the vet and have me put to sleep so I don't have to suffer another pun run?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Heners_UK posted:

Can't someone take me to the vet and have me put to sleep so I don't have to suffer another pun run?

You know who go to vets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxiAe3ULuxI

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
That pun run hurt my neck incredibly badly. Was laughing so hard that only searing pain stopped me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

notaspy posted:

That pun run was like cumming after a long dry spell. Its the reaction from the others that makes it.

I love it when John detects an incoming pun run. Also when he warns that Andy still has another one ready to go. :allears:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

The fake out pun at the end was wonderful.

various
Mar 31, 2001
madeup

onoflalks posted:

That whole cricket commentary sketch was incredible, I love Andy's South African-esque accent.
I know this is a week late but my absolute favourite thing about that accent is that its very clearly an impersonation of Billy Birmingham's impersonation of Tony Greig.

I hadn't listened to the 12th man in maybe 10 years but it leapt right out at me and I've had to go back and listen to the lot of it, it really stands up to this day. Any cricket fans who've never heard it really need to track it down on youtube and have a listen.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Just leaving this here, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q89hLbfWazQ

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He dances how over the top, passée black comedians say white people dance.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Andy Zaltzman is a team captain on Rory Bremner's One Question Quiz, a scripted satire in the form of a quiz show. I think it's quite good and on the second episode he does the analogy of the testicles and the George Foreman Grill, which is always good to hear.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Chris: What in the gently caress: the Sequel, Wherein Mister Chris "Dogkicker" Producer Shits Upon Your Ears with All The Grace of a Horse Swimming Inside a Laxative Lake Part II is out, ladies and gentlemen! Can your love of the Bugle survive this {mad, insane, crazy} episode in which John and Andy's lovable voices are rendered into the last dying wail of a possessed goat?

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 1, 2013

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Seriously Chris, what in the gently caress?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Sheer brilliance. John's 50 simultaneous "TOP STORY THIS WEEK!"s immediately dissolving into pure unintelligible gibberish killed me.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

toanoradian posted:

Chris: What in the gently caress: the Sequel, Wherein Mister Chris "Dogkicker" Producer Shits Upon Your Ears with All The Grace of a Horse Swimming Inside a Laxative Lake Part II is out, ladies and gentlemen! Can your love of the Bugle survive this {mad, insane, crazy} episode in which John and Andy's lovable voices are rendered into the last dying wail of a possessed goat?

Andy's pun, punbell and throat clearing repeated over and over was fantastic.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Billy the Mountain posted:

Sheer brilliance. John's 50 simultaneous "TOP STORY THIS WEEK!"s immediately dissolving into pure unintelligible gibberish killed me.

Easily the highlight. The consistency in his shouting of it was top notch too.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
I love both of the episodes where Chris just screws around. They're just utterly bizarre. Good job, Chris, and gently caress you.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Anyone who objects to the transformation of a comedy podcast into art can go gently caress off.
VVV Yes, Chris. VVV

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Anyone who objects to the transformation of a comedy podcast into art can go gently caress off.

So Chris?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
That was probably the most succinct summary of the Syria situation I've heard yet. If anyone was still uninformed about what's been happening over there I'd tell them to listen to this episode.

"Why is Nancy Pelosi's five year old grandson such a heartless, isolationist arsehole?"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wait, did we not get that 3-hour seminar on the A12? gently caress YOU, CHRIS!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am super excited that the poor kid who hurt himself with the t-shirt gun made it into the Bugle.

For anyone who was wondering, an exploding t-shirt gun is extremely loud. It can be startling when you are trying to watch some football and all of a sudden one goes off like that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Andy says "gently caress" and it's uncensored on this most recent episode.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I think Chris said since he's no longer beholden to The Times rules he just censors or not censors things as he pleases/when it's funniest. Hard to argue with that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maduo posted:

I think Chris said since he's no longer beholden to The Times rules he just censors or not censors things as he pleases/when it's funniest. Hard to argue with that.

gently caress YOU CHRIS

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The bleeping in the center of the long drawn out Cyprus 'FuuuuuuuuuuuBleepuuuuccckkkked' was the funniest.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
That reminds me of the episode discussing the small German town of loving, and the activities of the loving Mayor and the loving town council. Does anyone recall which episode that was? I am a child and it makes me laugh just remembering it.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Doubtful Guest posted:

That reminds me of the episode discussing the small German town of loving, and the activities of the loving Mayor and the loving town council. Does anyone recall which episode that was? I am a child and it makes me laugh just remembering it.

Haha. I was actually thinking about that episode last night and made a mental note to track it down. It is episode 191, about 32:28 in.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

You know what? I'd play Fall of Empire III: General Social Decay. It sounds pretty good.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

mrpwase posted:

You know what? I'd play Fall of Empire III: General Social Decay. It sounds pretty good.

The whole Fall of Empire series sounds amazing. My crappy RTS skills would finally be put to good use.

And I wish there was footage of John tazing himself in the leg.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

mrpwase posted:

All the Paradox grand strategy games can be pretty much this

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Goodness me, a mini pun-run escaped from its sack! :monocle:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Tom! :neckbeard: Also Rich?! There are so many producers to say gently caress you to I don't even know what to do.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

The Dark One posted:

Goodness me, a mini pun-run escaped from its sack! :monocle:
While I love Andy's pun-runs, the audible anguish of everyone else involved is always my favorite part.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I would have been really impressed if he'd managed to shoehorn Zizek in there.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wait wait wait, John Oliver's back on Community?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

toanoradian posted:

Wait wait wait, John Oliver's back on Community?

Yep. Hell of a long gravedigger's biscuits.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Was that The American playing Smokey the Bear on The Daily Show tonight?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm pretty sure it was him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Not that shocking as when he is not jet skiing he is a writer for the Daily Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Not just writer but also executive producer.

• Locked thread