Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd drive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, I'd drive the poo poo out of a T-bird ute.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
This is an imgur album to someone who should probably never repair cars.

Link.

Highlights include:
This is a bbq grille holding the front on:

oh cool they're making some sort of frame to fabricate on!

Uh, wait, hold on a second...

NO STOP PLEASE

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

GODDAMNIT, I came here to post exactly that. :argh:

What's bizarre is the parts car had a blown engine and straight body, the wrecked car had the exact same engine in running condition. Wouldn't it have been easier to just.. drop the good engine into the good body? :iiam:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Do you really think these two could handle that swap?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Nubile Hillock posted:

Link.

quote:

It ain't pretty...but the lights work and the horn works. It should pass inspection.

:stare:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

GODDAMNIT, I came here to post exactly that. :argh:

What's bizarre is the parts car had a blown engine and straight body, the wrecked car had the exact same engine in running condition. Wouldn't it have been easier to just.. drop the good engine into the good body? :iiam:

Based on his level of skill displayed here, I'd be loving terrified to see what would happen if this guy attempted an engine swap.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Nubile Hillock posted:

:catstare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

Based on his level of skill displayed here, I'd be loving terrified to see what would happen if this guy attempted an engine swap.

One man's terror is another man's entertainment.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
"Just putting the gritty soles of my shoes right on the paint of some guy's expensive car - no biggie."

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I'm reasonably sure if I caught someone doing that to my lambo I'd hold them by their neck until the cops arrived.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

WescottF1 posted:

"Just putting the gritty soles of my shoes right on the paint of some guy's expensive car - no biggie."

Girl are you a 1977 miniseries starring LeVar Burton because goddamn those ROOTS

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pham Nuwen posted:

Girl are you a 1977 miniseries starring LeVar Burton because goddamn those ROOTS

Ahaha good lord

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's a look now.
http://hellobeautiful.com/2148345/ombre-hair-trend-dye-celebrity-pics-how-to-what-to-consider/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Going for a walk around my neighborhood... (Click for big)

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 3, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The Juke is far worse. At least some creativity went into that paint job.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

The Juke is far worse. At least some creativity went into that paint job.

I'd say about the same amount.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

quote:

It ain't pretty...but the lights work and the horn works. It should pass inspection.

In Texas that's almost exactly true. This car is less than 25 years old though so it can't be throwing an engine code either to pass.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

WescottF1 posted:

Did the owner go to prison after he caught her?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Probably a hotel.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

sbaldrick posted:

He was surprisingly calm about it at first. Someone sent him that screenshot and he posted it and said, "If anyone knows this girl. Let her know she needs a lesson in respect. Idk if its a lesson in respecting other people's property or herself.. You be the judge. Regardless this isn't necessary nor tolerable at any degree."

Later on, someone sent him another screenshot of someone saying to the girl, "Yeah I don't think the owner is too happy you did that on his car." to which her reply was, "Haha oh well." He posted that and said, " hmmm this attitude changes my perspective a bit."

So not only did she put her grubby hooves on his sweet ride, she's entirely remorseless about it. Someone mined her Facebook page and found another picture of her and a friend doing the same thing to a late model Camaro last year.

Should be interesting to see what he does. I'll provide any updates if/when I see them.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You can't improve on perfection, indeed.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

mobby_6kl posted:

The Lada 2107 is still going strong in Egypt! :ussr:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

DarkSol posted:

The Lada 2107 is still going strong in Egypt! :ussr:

You can't improve on used tooling bought at a good price.

Speaking of terrible car stuff, I've often wondered if the Chevrolet Niva falls in that category. AvtoVAZ meets GM. That can only end well.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

sbaldrick posted:

I suspect if you can afford a Lambo you can probably afford a really good hit man.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I suspect if you can afford a Lambo you can probably afford a really good hit man.

Also a really good lawyer, I would assume. I'm sure he could go to the most expensive Lamborghini paint shop/dealer in town and get the highest quote possible for the repair then have his lawyer go after her for a few thousand. Not that he seems to care that much or needs the money, more to just prove a point. Most expensive twerk picture she ever takes I bet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

General_Failure posted:

Counterpoint,

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

mobby_6kl posted:

Reminds me of visiting Malaysia

1985:

2008:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
In China, the MK2 Jetta (originally produced from 1984) was produced until March.

Of this year.

The Santana? Began production in 1983, ended in January of this year.

Wild EEPROM fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 4, 2013

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Still under production, and still sold in my market (NZ)

Mitsubishi L300 1986-2013

Safety features include seatbelts and, well, seatbelts

dissss fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 4, 2013

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

General_Failure posted:

Speaking of terrible car stuff, I've often wondered if the Chevrolet Niva falls in that category. AvtoVAZ meets GM. That can only end well.

Can't be that terrible if they have sold a half million. :v:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

DarkSol posted:

I read it was one of the most stolen vehicles in Russia, but that's not saying much. I saw some undercarriage shots and it was almost surreal to me. I think they took the VAZ mechanicals and suspension, spruced up some of it a touch (ABS etc) and nailed it to a GM shell. I won't deny I kind of want one, but such a dated and agricultural drivetrain in a reasonably modern vehicle is just kind of weird.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

General_Failure posted:

I won't deny I kind of want one, but such a dated and agricultural drivetrain in a reasonably modern vehicle is just kind of weird.

Insert Mustang joke here, etc.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

That's a 91-92 model, being a UK J plate.

Edit, looks the same as the 1985 model though, bloody hell!

http://youtu.be/FgugzGITFdw

stump fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 4, 2013

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Wild EEPROM posted:

In China, the MK2 Jetta (originally produced from 1984) was produced until March.

Of this year.

The Santana? Began production in 1983, ended in January of this year.

I think they still make MK I or MK II Golfs in South Africa. Their version of the City Golf. Apparenty T2 vans are still build in Brazil.

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

General_Failure posted:

I think they took the VAZ mechanicals and suspension, spruced up some of it a touch (ABS etc) and nailed it to a GM shell.
It was entirely developed by VAZ, GM just invested into production start, so there isn't much GM about this car.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

Counterpoint,

I'm going to have a panic attack.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

DarkSol posted:

This image is awesome because of the reaction all the people had when told to raise their hands or whatever. Spend some time going from person to person looking at them in detail, it's really quite interesting to see the different levels of enthusiasm. My personal favorite is the guy all the way on the right who looks more like he's about to salute Hitler than raise his hands like the rest of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

The Midniter posted:

This image is awesome because of the reaction all the people had when told to raise their hands or whatever. Spend some time going from person to person looking at them in detail, it's really quite interesting to see the different levels of enthusiasm. My personal favorite is the guy all the way on the right who looks more like he's about to salute Hitler than raise his hands like the rest of them.

The guy in the blue tie is DEFINITELY not amused by PR bullshit.