Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
TAKE SHOES AFF!

e: how is it that I STILL laugh every time Scott lets the "Would You Rather" theme play long?

dancehall fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I will never get tired of Scott stumbling through the clowns in Washington joke.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

I will never get tired of Scott stumbling through the clowns in Washington joke.

He finally had guests on that would play along with the bit. The joy in Scott's voice was palpable.

Nick Kroll does a really good impression of Sylvester Stallone on heroin.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Nick Kroll being racist and homophobic as Stallone kills me. I was loving dying.

"But at the end of that movie, he takes that left foot, and he loving bashes it through some gooks head."

Out of context horrible, in the podcast I was crying.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

tnimark posted:

it's not a joke if the clowns are loose

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Guys....Little Gary is back.

Edit: Kinda.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 2, 2013

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
It's also worth mentioning that the musical guest is not only good at music but she is silly enough that I don't mind her being part of the jokes parts either!

It only takes one Eric B. and Rakim reference to win me over permanently.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, I was happy to learn Neko Case is fun off-mic. Her solo/group work is pretty good, I think.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Haven't listened to the new episode yet but thought people might like to see this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a0e554ac80/boardwalk-empire-s-richard-harrow-murderer-for-hire

More PFT as Richard Harrow.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

dancehall posted:

TAKE SHOES AFF!

e: how is it that I STILL laugh every time Scott lets the "Would You Rather" theme play long?

I loved it any time a guest starts talking during it.

WE DON'T TALK DURING THE THEME.

I am out of town on business, and I'm slowly making it through the old episodes on my commute. It's odd how much he used to play music back on the old show.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

You guys would probably appreciate this, Bob Ducca recorded a new list to be played at the Ryan Davis Tribute panel at PAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMEvT3ykXJU&t=2245s

It starts at 37:25 if the embed didn't work.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 2, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

piratepilates posted:

You guys would probably appreciate this, Bob Ducca recorded a new list to be played at the Ryan Davis Tribute panel at PAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMEvT3ykXJU&t=2245s

It starts at 37:25 if the embed didn't work.
This was great, going to listen to the whole thing. I'm sad I didn't get into Giant Bomb while he was still around.
"Dance Dance the streets will run red with the blood of the oppressing regime Revolution."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've always been a big fan of the musical guests episodes, so the fact that one of my favorite singer-seamstress songstress' is on the show is just delightful.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I didn't think I could love Neko Case any more, but here we are.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
This is the confluence of my favourite thing and my wife's favourite thing and it is literally our anniversary.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rob Huebel has a strangely interesting voice. He sounds simultaneously snarky as hell and eminently likeable. I can't think of another person with a voice like that.

e: Neko Case is surprisingly funny. "You can't get them in your... butt"

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 3, 2013

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Her Santa Baby take down was hilarious. I love the musical guest episodes and Neko Case is one of my favourite people in the world, so this was a crazy good surprise.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Great show, had heard the name Neko Case a million times but never heard her music. Good stuff.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Her Santa Baby take down was hilarious. I love the musical guest episodes and Neko Case is one of my favourite people in the world, so this was a crazy good surprise.
It was essentially this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqB52bdaVTE

And in both cases, as the guys said, still weirdly hot.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I really really wish I liked Neko Case's music because she seems awesome :(

I'm gonna have to give her another try or two.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I really really wish I liked Neko Case's music because she seems awesome :(

I feel the same way about Henry Rollins.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
People in the Earwolf forums noticed that Scott, Rob and Tom have verbatim the same conversation (about Aziz, 9/11 and heroin) in Episode 1, Episode 100 and this episode. Something for the fans!

Also got very excited for the return of (not so) dismissive Jimmy Stewart. Was glad to hear Neko Case is as great as she seems (plus having Eric Bachmann and Kelly Hogan in was awesome too).

GraPar fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 3, 2013

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

GraPar posted:

People in the Earwolf forums noticed that Scott, Rob and Tom have verbatim the same conversation (about Aziz, 9/11 and heroin) in Episode 1, Episode 100 and this episode. Something for the fans!

Yeah I had a very weird deja vu like sensation when they came back from break into that and I couldn't figure out..did my iphone jump back to the beginning of the episode..no wait did it skip to an old episode I downloaded?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Trujillo posted:

Haven't listened to the new episode yet but thought people might like to see this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a0e554ac80/boardwalk-empire-s-richard-harrow-murderer-for-hire

More PFT as Richard Harrow.

This is awesome, but holy hell I'm mailing Jeremy Carter some sunscreen.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

GraPar posted:

Yeah... they did all but explicitly say "we're repeating the same thing we talked about to open the previous show." It stuck out like a sore thumb considering they started the second segment as though it were the beginning of the show.

I mean, that was the whole bit.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

epitasis posted:

Yeah... they did all but explicitly say "we're repeating the same thing we talked about to open the previous show." It stuck out like a sore thumb considering they started the second segment as though it were the beginning of the show.

I mean, that was the whole bit.

Except I fell asleep (the ads always do it to me) and woke back up as soon as that started and was very confused. Couldn't decide if it was just a really strong feeling of deja vu or if they were playing an old clip in the middle like a flashback.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I knew what the joke was but I couldn't tell whether they were actually playing a clip of that first episode or they were reading it from a script until Tom messed up one of the lines.

Also, Reno 9/11 and Reno September 11th are still funny.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Not one mention of Scott saying "How young is too young to get a vagina pierced"

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
For the Neko Case newbies, she's quite good on Twitter as well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So what is the Gillian Jacobs "sorry" thing that Scott Anchorman is always referencing? I've heard all her eps with PFT, was it something in an earlier one?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Drunkboxer posted:

So what is the Gillian Jacobs "sorry" thing that Scott Anchorman is always referencing? I've heard all her eps with PFT, was it something in an earlier one?

Their disastrous Words With Friends history.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

A terrible Kristin Wiig character on SNL named Gilly who was always up to no good.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFT__1ibw4A

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

SNL is a popular show, right? That people watch and think is good?
VVV That's not a bandwagon I mind jumping on VVV

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 4, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bold and original takes on "SNL is bad" coming down the pike, gang!

^^^^
no poo poo

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 5, 2013

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
SNL is great :colbert:.

Altough, Bill Hader left. The new season could be really terrible :ohdear:.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love SNL and I loved Kristin Wiig on the show. I've been watching for like 25 years, and I gotta say Gilly was probably the worst recurring thing i've ever seen on there. Even Wiig hated doing it, but the writers had no idea how to write for her, it was really sad.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why waste your time watching SNL when there are funnier things in so many other venues?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Why waste your time watching SNL when there are funnier things in so many other venues?

I mostly watch it for Weekend Update and partly out of habit, but I think the cast (as of last season at least) is mostly good. As said though, the loss of Hader, Armisen, and eventually Meyers is a pretty huge blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Last season SNL had a pretty amazing female cast. We'll see how they do replacing the men, but there were some excellent skits. If you don't appreciate Maine Justice then I don't know what to tell ya.