Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought in SR3 it was supposed to show how big the Saints brand had become with Planet Saints everywhere. Also it was the general clothes store compared to the more specialized inventories of the others that were placed in the territories where they made the most sense - the punk store was in Deckers territory, the kink/lingerie store was in Morningstar territory, the costume shop was in Luchadores territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Starhawk64 posted:

To make you explore of course. In SR2 there's a whole shopping mall that is well hidden.

Until you hit the end of the game and there's a mission in there, which may take a while to get into if you hadn't found the mall beforehand but it does kinda act as a giant flashing sign that there's something there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's a story mission inside of it though.

Yeah, nearly at the end of the Samedi storyline. So I'd imagine 90% of players who hadn't read about the mall beforehand wouldn't even know it's there until they get around to reaching the end of the Samedi missions. It wasn't until Idolninja added a modified map to GotR marking the mall spot with "MALL" that you'd have any idea where it was.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The final mission of the Samedi arc ends in the mall too.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah I had no idea the mall was there until the mission.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MrQwerty posted:

edit: third playthrough as a lady and all of a sudden the game crashes every time I start Matt Miller's rescue mission, pretty much as soon as you start shooting stuff as a tank. Never had that happen before, and now it replicates itself every time. What's up with these patches?

I'm having the same problem. Doesn't help that I accidentally saved over my 95% completed file right before attempting this mission. :suicide:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm having the same problem. Doesn't help that I accidentally saved over my 95% completed file right before attempting this mission. :suicide:

It's all good, I wrote over my near 100% save a couple days ago and all my sweet alien guns are gone. Never had any ctd problems playing story missions though, drat.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Sonny Cheebah posted:

There's a 'Murderbots as Homies' mod that very well may be one of the best things in video games. They come in purple, naturally.

Had a go with this, and summoning a team of murderbots to march into battle is pretty rad

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Idolninja's extra colors mod is the best loving thing for my OCD pretty princess simulator tendencies.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I didn't actually realise what the phone menu did in this game until right at the end. I simply never used it, so I had no idea how to spawn cars or summon backup :<

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ClownSyndrome posted:

Had a go with this, and summoning a team of murderbots to march into battle is pretty rad

I found it funny that the mod description mentioned "Murderbot homies will sometimes be seen driving cars, and their heads clip through the roofs" as an Issue, because I only see it as a positive. Walking down the street and seeing a Saints Murderbot cruising along in a Raycaster with its head just barely poking through the roof is hilarious.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Starhawk64 posted:

To make you explore of course. In SR2 there's a whole shopping mall that is well hidden.

The food court in the airport was a dick move. It took me forever to find.

Of course SR2 had over 90 shops to own, while this SRIV has 34.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Some of the clothing stores weren't that great in SR2 like On the Rag anyways. Most of the stores were merged together like Friendly Fire and Brass Knuckles. I wish Branded was still its own thing though. The Greek-themed gift shop always had great stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I miss Freckle Bitches just for its name and logo. The boss does too, she reminisces about it a few times.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I've been playing PC Coop with 2 different friends using 2 different saves. My 1 friend I created a Bailey Boss character for my 2nd playthrough and we're about at the same spot in the storyline. Friend #2 I'm using my 95% complete Nolan Boss.

Friend #1 I'm hosting and we have the occasional crash/glitch (usually the infinite loading issue) but it's been smooth sailing.

Friend #2 He's hosting and it's crashing/glitching out like crazy. We've played Fraud and no cars have spawned, the "Player 2 is doing a quest that you've already done" map marker only spawns 50/50, and I keep getting freezes that require me to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end task.

I've tried validating my files, but they came out clean. Any suggestions?

Edit: For reference, when I did my first playthrough I only had 1 infinite loading bug and no freezes/crashes. It just seems likes this is a recent development.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 2, 2013

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Wait, how was that a Zybourne reference? I just thought it was a funny line.

It's kind of oblique, but one of the lines of dialog was "Please, Sam. He had a family." It's in one of the images or something. It may not be the case, but it inherently makes me think of it..

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I miss Freckle Bitches just for its name and logo. The boss does too, she reminisces about it a few times.

Still have my preorder SR2 Freckle Bitches shirt somewhere :)

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
It might have been one of the mods I downloaded, but all my weapon upgrades are gone. Anyone else have that problem?

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
What exactly is the passive aggressive buff? I apparently got it but I have no idea what it does.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
It makes the elemental effects from Buff (i.e. Fire/Frost/Lightning on gun shots) occasionally activate if you have it selected, but not activated.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
I guess buff in general is something I haven't come across yet.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Rollin' wit the Lench Mob :whatup:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I try using Buff and the movespeed is nice but I feel like it doesn't last long enough and any effect I could want from it I can just as easily get from an upgraded Blast.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Reiley posted:

I try using Buff and the movespeed is nice but I feel like it doesn't last long enough and any effect I could want from it I can just as easily get from an upgraded Blast.

Yeah, I use everything but buff really, it seems kind of boring compared to super stomping around or dropping cars on dudes.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Reiley posted:

Freeze Buff + the Light SMGs with the electric upgrade rapes Wardens. You can just stand there and stunlock them until the QTE prompt appears.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Freeze Buff + the Light SMGs with the electric upgrade rapes Wardens. You can just stand there and stunlock them until the QTE prompt appears.

The Blast recharge is maybe a second longer than how long the Wardens' shields are down for so you can just reapply (even from the air :mil101:) and pump Shotguns into its gut. You can even throw Blasts while using the Dubstep Gun without interrupting the flow, it sort of eclipses the Buff in every respect except the movespeed- I like that for going on bat rampages but then it comes back to the buff not lasting very long.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I use everything but buff really, it seems kind of boring compared to super stomping around or dropping cars on dudes.

Jump (do not glide)

Hold in air with L2

Buff with lightning

Send down Fire blast

Rain hell until stamina almost empties

R2

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Ice Buff is useful when you have to stand still for a few seconds to activate an object. It also helped me get gold in Super Fight Club.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
So is Freckle Bitch's supposed to be Wendy's, or what?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

One and the Same posted:

So is Freckle Bitch's supposed to be Wendy's, or what?

Saints Row 1 radio ad directly implies she's Wendy all grown up.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Well poo poo - starting a new game with Cockney boss and in the 50s simulation he drops to RP! Unfortunately Laura Bailey was just generic white woman so she didn't do anything like that. Do any other bosses do anything accent-y during that scene? - I swear this game just gets better and better!

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

ookiimarukochan posted:

Well poo poo - starting a new game with Cockney boss and in the 50s simulation he drops to RP! Unfortunately Laura Bailey was just generic white woman so she didn't do anything like that. Do any other bosses do anything accent-y during that scene? - I swear this game just gets better and better!

I don't get it. Drops to RP?

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I don't get it. Drops to RP?

Received pronunciation. Queen's English. He talks reet posh, like. Less cockney, more fifties BBC announcer.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Darth Ronson posted:

Received pronunciation. Queen's English. He talks reet posh, like. Less cockney, more fifties BBC announcer.

OK, now I don't feel bat at all for not knowing what RP meant. I was like "RP? Rolepay? The whole game you are roleplaying awesome. idgi"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Tommy 2.0 posted:

OK, now I don't feel bat at all for not knowing what RP meant. I was like "RP? Rolepay? The whole game you are roleplaying awesome. idgi"

You should only feel bad if you are English and didn't get it straight away.

(I didn't, I feel bad)

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Reiley posted:

The Blast recharge is maybe a second longer than how long the Wardens' shields are down for so you can just reapply (even from the air :mil101:) and pump Shotguns into its gut. You can even throw Blasts while using the Dubstep Gun without interrupting the flow, it sort of eclipses the Buff in every respect except the movespeed- I like that for going on bat rampages but then it comes back to the buff not lasting very long.

I dunno, I don't have any luck getting a Warden to stand still long enough for Blast to hit consistently, whereas with Buff it's push button, make Warden eat lead for five seconds, then finish off with QTE.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
A maxed out pump action or SMG with a buff completely annihilates a Warden. On the other hand, a maxed out freeze blast has so much AoE that even that quick side-dash the later wardens do can't save em, and it reloads real fast. Then you can just trounce them anyway.

Works both real well for me. I usually go with Blast because if I mess up it's faster to just re-blast than to wait for Buff's recharge, which is longer :shrug:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you aren't using the maxed out Robocop SMGs with an ice buff on Wardens... I dunno. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

If you aren't using the maxed out Robocop SMGs with an ice buff on Wardens... I dunno. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

When you have infinite ammo for the 'Merica weapon. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Generally, the fire buff plus five or six fully-upgraded full-auto shotgun blasts is enough to keep a warden stunlocked and kill it in less than ten seconds. It takes longer to do the QTE after that than to take it down!

• Locked thread