Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I really hate that QTE. It gets super ridiculous if you don't mash your way to victory within the first 2 prompts. It also looks kind of lovely and feels like it's missing sound effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Vargs posted:

I really hate that QTE. It gets super ridiculous if you don't mash your way to victory within the first 2 prompts. It also looks kind of lovely and feels like it's missing sound effects.

True.

Although to be fair, successive tries become progressively easier. It still becomes tedious the thirtieth time around.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Codependent Poster posted:

If you aren't using the maxed out Robocop SMGs with an ice buff on Wardens... I dunno. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

Because you can fire off ice blast while holding down the trigger for the Dubstep gun so it doesn't have to go through the windup after throwing it. :colbert:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
So I just beat Kinzie's loyalty mission, and I noticed something odd which I'm surprised The Boss never commented on.

For all his many flaws, rampant misogyny really wasn't part of Cyrus Temple's character in the last game. He had a woman as both his second-in-command and his commanding officer, and he seemed to be perfectly fine with both. In all, Kinzie's recollection of him seems completely backwards from how he actually was, which is fine (since it's all her imagination and all), but I'm surprised it doesn't get brought up.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Are there any mods that reduce the cost of upgrading weapons (but don't make them free)? They are strangely high for a game that gives no fucks about making you overpowerwed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rocketlex posted:

So I just beat Kinzie's loyalty mission, and I noticed something odd which I'm surprised The Boss never commented on.

For all his many flaws, rampant misogyny really wasn't part of Cyrus Temple's character in the last game. He had a woman as both his second-in-command and his commanding officer, and he seemed to be perfectly fine with both. In all, Kinzie's recollection of him seems completely backwards from how he actually was, which is fine (since it's all her imagination and all), but I'm surprised it doesn't get brought up.
From one of Cyrus's audio logs, it sounds like he WAS a chauvinist but his relationship with what's her name fixed him.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 3, 2013

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
I thought it was just a convenient way to say Kinzie's worst nightmare is sexism.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I didn't realise that you could you the ground stomp powers while...on the ground

I've been doing them from jumps for the 18 odd hours that I've been playing, never even considered doing them on the ground until I did It by accident

If I remember right, think I've been doing them like how they work in the Infamous series

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rocketlex posted:

I feel like it has very little to do with Cyrus's real-life counterpart, and is more that he's simply someone to represent a position of power in her personal simulation, being colored by her intense, nightmarish hatred of the '50s aesthetic/views on gender.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Vita posted:

I thought it was just a convenient way to say Kinzie's worst nightmare is sexism.

Would have been way cooler if her worst nightmare was secretly Zimos then.

I mean think about it. That would be an awesome revelation.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ClownSyndrome posted:

I didn't realise that you could you the ground stomp powers while...on the ground

I've been doing them from jumps for the 18 odd hours that I've been playing, never even considered doing them on the ground until I did It by accident

If I remember right, think I've been doing them like how they work in the Infamous series

I'm fairly sure stomping from the air makes it affect a slightly wider area (or it seems to, hell, i'm even willing to think its a circular effect) so i'd say you're doing it right.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

I'm fairly sure stomping from the air makes it affect a slightly wider area (or it seems to, hell, i'm even willing to think its a circular effect) so i'd say you're doing it right.
I don't understand why there is both a stomp power and a ground pound power though. Those are the only two powers with serious overlap in how they are used.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really love how most of your homies give Veteran Child poo poo for getting killed about 50 times when ever he's around.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

The hardest part of this game is deciding between the fully upgraded pump-action or full-auto shotguns.

They're both sooooo gooood aaaaahhhh.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rocketlex posted:

I thought Kinzie's nightmare was one of the weaker ones. It kind of felt like it would have normally revisited her rivalry with Matt Miller and the Deckers and how he ruined her career until she joined the Saints but since Miller is now an ally they didn't really know what to do with her so Cyrus became a chauvinist.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I don't know if anybody has posted about this yet, but here is a car you can make with about twelve exaust pipes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174502330.. Its a Scorpion if you are wondering. This game has all my favorite kind of vehicles covered except boats for some reason, I guess they took those out.

Also I got my alien weapons back from the weird patch glitch, you can pick them up from the corpses of dead Zin during early waves.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
There's one car that didn't seem to make the jump from SR:TT that I'm sad about. The Vortex. You could make it into such a cool Saintsmobile, I'm sad I don't have one. Running around in the superhero outfit, cleaning up Golds and challenges is a ton of fun.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Clitch posted:

There's one car that didn't seem to make the jump from SR:TT that I'm sad about. The Vortex. You could make it into such a cool Saintsmobile, I'm sad I don't have one. Running around in the superhero outfit, cleaning up Golds and challenges is a ton of fun.

I miss the Kaneda bike. It's all I ever used in SR:TT

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Tombot posted:

I don't know if anybody has posted about this yet, but here is a car you can make with about twelve exaust pipes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174502330.. Its a Scorpion if you are wondering. This game has all my favorite kind of vehicles covered except boats for some reason, I guess they took those out.

Also I got my alien weapons back from the weird patch glitch, you can pick them up from the corpses of dead Zin during early waves.

Isn't that a Hammerhead?

Also, in SRTT the Hammerhead had a Rear Bumper option that added even more exhausts above the bumper, but that option seems to be gone from SRIV or I can't find it.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 3, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Gaseous Snake posted:

I miss the Kaneda bike. It's all I ever used in SR:TT

It's still in IV. I have one.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Things I want: ways to turn off specific PARTS of superpowers. I regret everything after getting the run upgrade that disturbs everything around me. "Hey, that sounds fun, OH WAIT NOW I CAN'T RUN ANYWHERE WITHOUT GETTING EVERY POLICEMAN CHASING ME".

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Things I want: ways to turn off specific PARTS of superpowers. I regret everything after getting the run upgrade that disturbs everything around me. "Hey, that sounds fun, OH WAIT NOW I CAN'T RUN ANYWHERE WITHOUT GETTING EVERY POLICEMAN CHASING ME".

What I hate is not being able to dropkick into a driver's seat without turning the immediate area into a whirlwind of screeching metal and blood.

e: actually wait I don't hate that at all

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Midnight Voyager posted:

It would be nice to manually toggle super speed in case you want to easily pull off normal takedowns.
I miss the bulldog move where you land sideways smiling to the camera.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah some of the awesome buttons without superpowers are pretty good. Especially the stunner.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

So, I saw this come up a few times but never with a follow up. Both me and my coop partner are at the final mission, but our stats screen says we've only done 6 out of 7 loyalty missions. We've got the related achievements and the superpowers for each member, so is it safe to assume we'll still get the "good" ending?

Edit:
Okay, so I just loaded up my game and now it says 7 of 7. I'm not sure when it fixed, exactly, since I grinded out the various power kill achievements and then spoke to everyone on the ship again before I checked, but I figured I'd post if anyone else runs into this.

Celebrity Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 3, 2013

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I use everything but buff really, it seems kind of boring compared to super stomping around or dropping cars on dudes.

Buff is incredible. Huge damage output increase on pretty much everything and the movespeed comes in handy in a number of situations. You know you can activate buff without interrupting the dubstep gun? I run around with that thing with ice buff and ice blast and nothing moves until it shatters. The 2x damage to frozen targets is really nice in any number of situations and ice buff works on dudes who normally your blast is useless against because they unfreeze so fast. Buff just keeps refreezing them.

Buff isn't flashy, but it makes up for it with utility. With the right combo of elements on the right enemies, my killing speed basically doubles and my damage taken drops by half as poo poo is either dancing around on fire, tased, or frozen. I used it literally every fight after I got it and had my powers. I liked that instead of a new way to kill people I didn't need I got a power that made what I could already do way better. The final dudes in the super powered fight club go down fast when they're frozen and taking double damage from tk objects and punches.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, I miss the DDT moves you could do in SR3, it was one of my favorite parts of the game. The superpowered beatdowns are pretty awesome though, but they aren't as stylish as the Glamour Slam:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

I never got the police chasing me when I had the tornado thing. It seemed like they only cared when my character would physically hit people/cars out of the way, the whirlwind around her didn't matter. I actually thought that was a great detail that made it all the more cooler.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Starhawk64 posted:

the Glamour Slam:

Is that the official name for that move? It was my favorite takedown.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Psykmoe posted:

Isn't that a Hammerhead?

It says scorpion on the side so I assume its called a scorpion, can't say for certain though.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tombot posted:

It says scorpion on the side so I assume its called a scorpion, can't say for certain though.

When you jump in the car it says the name in the bottom corner. That is a Hammerhead, I've got one of those too. It's fun but it's like a wimpier Bootlegger in terms of raw torque.

e: Are there still Street Sweepers in this game? I know digital cities don't get dirty but that had one of my favorite surprise mods in SR:TT.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I never got the police chasing me when I had the tornado thing. It seemed like they only cared when my character would physically hit people/cars out of the way, the whirlwind around her didn't matter. I actually thought that was a great detail that made it all the more cooler.

On that note, it's worth getting the "Faster Alert Decay" upgrade. When you get a sliver of notoriety from dashing around, you can just stop for a couple seconds and it will go away.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

TheSpiritFox posted:

Buff is incredible. Huge damage output increase on pretty much everything and the movespeed comes in handy in a number of situations. You know you can activate buff without interrupting the dubstep gun? I run around with that thing with ice buff and ice blast and nothing moves until it shatters. The 2x damage to frozen targets is really nice in any number of situations and ice buff works on dudes who normally your blast is useless against because they unfreeze so fast. Buff just keeps refreezing them.

Buff isn't flashy, but it makes up for it with utility. With the right combo of elements on the right enemies, my killing speed basically doubles and my damage taken drops by half as poo poo is either dancing around on fire, tased, or frozen. I used it literally every fight after I got it and had my powers. I liked that instead of a new way to kill people I didn't need I got a power that made what I could already do way better. The final dudes in the super powered fight club go down fast when they're frozen and taking double damage from tk objects and punches.

Buff makes Super Powered fight club really easy. Ice buff and DFA takes most of the enimies out. And the wardens are nothing with buff and semi-auto shotgun.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I thought Kinzie's nightmare was one of the weaker ones. It kind of felt like it would have normally revisited her rivalry with Matt Miller and the Deckers and how he ruined her career until she joined the Saints but since Miller is now an ally they didn't really know what to do with her so Cyrus became a chauvinist.

The Matt Miller rivalry seems to end once you take the mech and pick him up. After that, she seems to let that part go, especially after defending him when Miller and the Boss have a disagreement over rescuing Gat. I would have found it jarring if Miller was the villain in the nightmare.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Starhawk64 posted:

Freeze Buff + the Light SMGs with the electric upgrade rapes Wardens. You can just stand there and stunlock them until the QTE prompt appears.

Hahahahah I just upgraded to this. Seriously, it's like cheat mode. The warden dropped down and never moved.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Shindragon posted:

Yeah some of the awesome buttons without superpowers are pretty good. Especially the stunner.

It'd be nice if mission spoiler you could do the SUPER STUNNER that happens every so often in Saints of Rage in whenever you wanted. :bahgawd:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

For some reason I only see Pacemakers in my second playthrough and motherfuck I want one in my main game BECAUSE I NEED IT

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

PassTheRemote posted:

The Matt Miller rivalry seems to end once you take the mech and pick him up. After that, she seems to let that part go, especially after defending him when Miller and the Boss have a disagreement over rescuing Gat. I would have found it jarring if Miller was the villain in the nightmare.

Right, I'm saying that since Miller is one of your bros now and they learn to work together they couldn't use the Deckers stuff for Kinzie's nightmare. Thus they had to come up with something else that didn't really work in my opinion. Most of the other homies are confronted with encounters with past enemies or a past failure as their nightmare (because these are things the player knows from past games and can relate to, with the exception of Asha who is a new character and has to explain it), Kinzie's past conflict was with the Deckers.

I think in general Matt was made an ally so that there was slightly less Kinzie in the story, she's already such a big part of everything that letting another hacker character handle some of the stuff gave her a rest once in a while.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Okay, I'm on Asha's loyalty mission where she's driving around and I'm shooting bad guys (Training Day)...problem is, there are no longer and bad guys, and she's just driving around slow as hell, in random directions, away from the blue triangle.

Anyone have this bug out before? Or is just a long rear end mission?

edit* okay, after 15 minutes of Driving Simulator 2000 I reset the mission. Definitely bugged.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 3, 2013

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Anybody know if there's been a decent Harrison Ford made by somebody? I tried googling it but nothing came up. My friend and I want to do Blade Runner characters...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Zinyak Mech mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQ7TfMk0fs

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/play-as-giant-zinyak-mech.3521/

Oh this looks beautiful.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 3, 2013

• Locked thread