Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BrightWing posted:

On her Shellphone obviously. :v:

Her undead shellphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

nerdbot posted:

Aranea you're nuts. At least when Vriska talked herself up it was stuff she could actually do.
And if her plan did work, it would be a very unsatisfying ending. C'mon, Aranea, I thought you liked to tell stories.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Arthur Crackpot posted:

I stand corrected. Apparently the real world and the afterlife have GREAT cell reception.

Also, there's no foreseeable way any of this could possibly go south!

Man how do I get Meenah's carrier. I go down the loving block and drop calls.

And when v-serks thinks your plan's stupid, you've pretty much left Stupid city limits and are speeding down the Moron Memorial Expressway towards the unincorporated community of What The gently caress No Don't.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I wonder how long until the anti-climax.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Watch Aranea cause Lord English to happen.

Also we don't really know of Vriska is down with the plan or not. We just know what Meenah said about it. Vriska might actually be wanting to give important advice to help Aranea.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

So... two Serkets down in the quest to be responsible for all the irons in the fire. What happens if you die while wearing the ring of life? Is that a thing that can happen?
For that matter, would taking off the ring just send her back to the bubbles, or would she die and do a god tier resurrection? The only reason it didn't work before was because their reality was wiped out by the scratch before it could kick in, but she's in a stable session now.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If Meenah, of all people, says your plan is dumb and won't work, then you know you're hosed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kgummy posted:

Watch Aranea cause Lord English to happen.

Also we don't really know of Vriska is down with the plan or not. We just know what Meenah said about it. Vriska might actually be wanting to give important advice to help Aranea.

This is a plan that doesn't star Vriska (Vriska) in the lead role. Of course she isn't down with it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tenebrais posted:

I'm interested to see where this goes. Aranea has a point about her power level - she's several thousand times older than even the Condesce, she has more complete knowledge of the situation than anyone alive, and she's a god-tier to boot.

I mean, she's sure to fail, if only because she said her plan out loud. But I reckon she'll managed to do a lot of damage (to someone or other) before she does.
Aranea may have years of experience to hone her power, but likely very little experience in actually using her powers in a fight. And it isn't just Condesce she'll have to fight. Evil Jane and Jade will definitely come after her if she attacks Condy and the latter is an omnipotent First Guardian, who has knowledge of a game sprite and the power of a god tier to boot.

Her plan is seriously stupid however and contradicts what little we do know about homestuck time mechanics. Like Meenah said, preventing this session from succeeding doesn't mean Lord English won't exist because Paradox Space already sanctioned his existence. "He's already here" is his whole shtick! She's just going off the deep end here and if Meenah is the one who has to talk someone down from going to the deep end and even Vriska is like "this is stupid", then we have a problem.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

God, even when she's directly involved in the plot Aranea is still a snorefest. Why couldn't it be Meenah coming back to kick her own rear end? :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Feranon posted:

God, even when she's directly involved in the plot Aranea is still a snorefest. Why couldn't it be Meenah coming back to kick her own rear end? :mad:

Whenever i see a pesterlog involving Aranea my eyes just kind of glaze over because she's not even funny-boring. She's boring-boring. Which i guess is the point, but still.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

To be fair to Aranea's idea, the "light" aspect has been played up heavily as dealing with fate. Hussie even said that Rose, as a Seer of Light would basically be like someone who "sees/reads fate", while Vriska stole it, etc. Aranea's plan might have a sliver of hope as a "healer of fate", at least to a certain kind of logic. In some ways, she's almost trying to do something similar to John, in loving with continuity, but not doing so via "paradox space"-sanctioned methods. Bypassing the entire point of an alpha timeline and the reason why Lord English has a stranglehold on it.

That said,

Paul.Power posted:

And if her plan did work, it would be a very unsatisfying ending. C'mon, Aranea, I thought you liked to tell stories.

This is probably the biggest wrench in her current plan's success rate.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dorroile posted:

Crappy Serket

I'm sorry you'll have to be more specific.

Also yeah, this is a terrible plan, but the only reason Vriska's not on board with it is because she's not involved. If Aranea somehow brought her along she'd think it was the greatest thing ever.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Okay, real talk for a second here - it's really annoying how the only proactive plans we've seen in the comic all but have big flashing neon signs hanging over them reading "THIS IS TERRIBLE, IT WILL FAIL AND RUIN EVERYTHING HORRIBLY". Meanwhile all the other characters are farting around, in some cases even actively refusing to engage or do anything. And the passive schmucks are in the right, evidently, because the only correct thing to do is wait for the proactive characters to gently caress up and let things resolve themselves through self-perpetuating bullshit.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Serkets are all hubris and no downfall. The inevitable failure of their plans never seems to deter them. I would like to read more of the protagonists whom I actually want to see succeed.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's possible that this will result in weakening Lord English. Not destroying him, but weakening him.

And John might be able to fold some of the traits of this 'doomed alpha' timeline thing into the actual alpha one.

It's not very likely though.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So if this is a doomed timeline, what happened to the ring when John went to get it? Was he in this doomed timeline all along? Did someone else get it in the Alpha timeline?

Seoinin posted:

Okay, real talk for a second here - it's really annoying how the only proactive plans we've seen in the comic all but have big flashing neon signs hanging over them reading "THIS IS TERRIBLE, IT WILL FAIL AND RUIN EVERYTHING HORRIBLY". Meanwhile all the other characters are farting around, in some cases even actively refusing to engage or do anything. And the passive schmucks are in the right, evidently, because the only correct thing to do is wait for the proactive characters to gently caress up and let things resolve themselves through self-perpetuating bullshit.

GodDAMN do I agree with this.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Nephthys posted:

So if this is a doomed timeline, what happened to the ring when John went to get it? Was he in this doomed timeline all along? Did someone else get it in the Alpha timeline?

Its not necessarily a doomed timeline YET. It'd only become a doomed timeline when Aranea stops the next universe from being made, but before she succeeded in healing the timeline (if that actually IS possible.)

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Seoinin posted:

John and Roxy had an active not-horribly-doomed plan going for a minute there until Aranea intervened.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

John and Roxy had an active not-horribly-doomed plan going for a minute there until Aranea intervened.

Yeah it's like a little bell went off in Hussie's head and he was like, whoops almost had some people doing something that might work and not end in humiliation and catastrophe. Whew bullet dodged.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seoinin posted:

Yeah it's like a little bell went off in Hussie's head and he was like, whoops almost had some people doing something that might work and not end in humiliation and catastrophe. Whew bullet dodged.

Plans only succeed in animations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Seoinin posted:

Doesn't mean it won't work out in the long run, though. Just gotta get past Aranea first.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Doesn't Aranea fancy herself as a storyteller? She should know better than to let anyone know her plan. She should take a lesson from her 8ard and in future communicate solely by honking and getting shot.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This is her goal, certainly, but who has any idea how she plans on carrying it out?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

attackbunny posted:

Doesn't Aranea fancy herself as a storyteller? She should know better than to let anyone know her plan. She should take a lesson from her 8ard and in future communicate solely by honking and getting shot.

Preferably more the latter than the former.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

If Twerket isn't the newest cosplaying craze since the Dave clone armies, I will be thoroughly suprised.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Seeing what the average Homestuck cosplayer looks like, I think I'd rather not see it :smith:

Paul.Power posted:

Doesn't mean it won't work out in the long run, though. Just gotta get past Aranea first.

Yeah, I still think that John and Roxy's plan is gonna work somehow, after a lot of shenanigans.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Assuming Aranea is right and this session's offspring is the one that Caliborn and Calliope grow up in, that means that we know the main timeline definitely has someone creating a session and crafting the matriorb, since we saw trolls in that session (that Caliborn's dad blew up)

I mean, those were almost inevitabilities, but it's nice to have confirmation.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So Aranea wants to be the immortal god-empress of creation.

Well, it's nice to have goals.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ok, so she's not evil-evil, she's just become Vriska+. And just as certain to screw up horribly.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm honestly expecting the Kids to have the situation all wrapped up neatly, then Areana accidentally causes Lord English to exist in his current form. Like all Serkets, she can only make it worse.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It doesn't help that, if Terezi's eyes are any indication, Aranea's "healing" tends to make things worse instead of better.

Also she had a loving brain-damaged friend wandering around her bubbles for thousands of years so where was her godly healing power and piercing insight then, to hell with this broad

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if the combo of Aranea & John's powers might end up with two rings of life, or some-such game breaking glitch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oxxidation posted:

It doesn't help that, if Terezi's eyes are any indication, Aranea's "healing" tends to make things worse instead of better.

Also she had a loving brain-damaged friend wandering around her bubbles for thousands of years so where was her godly healing power and piercing insight then, to hell with this broad

Can you heal the dead? I thought healing Terezi's eyes worked because, y'know, Terezi was an actual corporeal being not stuck in eternal limbo.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Reading her explain why her plan wasn't doomed to failure was so similar to listening to politicians answer/dodge questions it was astounding.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Can you heal the dead? I thought healing Terezi's eyes worked because, y'know, Terezi was an actual corporeal being not stuck in eternal limbo.

Excuses, excuses.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ARANEA: Water. 8oat. Me.

Oh nautical puns.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SynthOrange posted:

ARANEA: Water. 8oat. Me.

Oh nautical puns.

That specific one's shown up quite a few times before, though usually from Meenah's mouth, I think. (Normally I'd search, but I expect most of it would be in the walkabouts.)

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

She silenced the clown. She really IS good guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I'm almost feeling sorry for Gamzee here. Almost.