Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
You know the fight's getting real when he plants his foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He's obviously been playing Saints Row IV because he's using Stomp with all the upgrades.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AE-35 Unit posted:

So, uh, I hope Annie ran for cover because ol' Ys is about to tear the place apart. :stare:

Not gonna lie and say I'm not excited to see how he became a general.
Formal and refined deliberation by a panel of his peers.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Splicer posted:

Formal and refined deliberation by a panel of his peers.

Formal and refined deliberation in the face.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Prediction: While Ys is beating people up camera jumps to Annie who is attacked by a lone creep and have to save herself with her Fire Ninja skills.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Kennel posted:

Prediction: While Ys is beating people up camera jumps to Annie who is attacked by a lone creep and have to save herself with her Fire Ninja skills.

Prediction: Ysengrin dumpsters all of them, turns to Annie to attack her as well, she puts him down.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why are you spoilertagging predictions?
I really like the fact that Ys rooted himself, in order to not get knocked down.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Kennel posted:

Prediction: He actually brought her here for mediation training, not fight club

Dude just wants to hang with his old buds again.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like to think that this happens every single time he goes to meet 'em.

I predict he'll beat them all up and save a more or less intact one for Annie.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Doesn't look to me like he's insane, just like he's enjoying himself :shobon:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:munch: Oh yeah, this is going to be a good episode. Doing some worldbuilding via skullcrushing is perfectly fine with me.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

Doesn't look to me like he's insane, just like he's enjoying himself :shobon:

That's the impression I get, too.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You can be losing your mind just a little bit but still enjoy a good fight.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Man, the art between that older page and now is pretty jarring. I know this thread is cyclical with this topic, but it really is impressive just how far the art has come since the early days.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Ysen is gonna have the time of his life stomping these weird monster men, then Annie's gonna ask "Why'd you bring me here again?" and he's gonna be all "I don't remember. gently caress it, let's go get ice cream!"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Looking back on Jonesy's actions in "Red Gets A Name" is more interesting now that we know her story (or at least the gist of it, minus the details of 4.5 billion years). Annie thanks her for helping Shadow, and she says "He is unique". You could take it as her wanting to preserve him as a novel specimen for understanding, or having an affinity with his uniqueness.

e: Also, I assume Randy Disaster knows she's an ancient, emotionless being? I guess he's into that.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 5, 2013

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

AE-35 Unit posted:

Man, the art between that older page and now is pretty jarring. I know this thread is cyclical with this topic, but it really is impressive just how far the art has come since the early days.

He's always had the raw talent/composition if not the technical effort down. In my head all the old scenes look like the new ones until I go back and see them.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
That is not a left hook at all, silly Tom. :colbert:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Cyphoderus posted:

That is not a left hook at all, silly Tom. :colbert:

I was going to mention this but :effort:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Air is lava! posted:

Why are you spoilertagging predictions?
Because it's 100% correct and therefore a spoiler. :smugdog:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Chronojam posted:

He's always had the raw talent/composition if not the technical effort down. In my head all the old scenes look like the new ones until I go back and see them.

No doubt he's always had the talent and effort. It's awesome to see that he didn't just sit there like some other artists who have webcomics and not improve. We know who they are.

There's also the fact that he wasn't doing the comic full time in the beginning, so I think that's something else that's helping.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Uggh. I just did a marathon read of this series after I found it with a reverse GIS search of Annie from a goons avatar, cause it seemed to be all over the forum. drat you people for ruining my days off.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Ruining, or making awesome?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ysengrin forgot what he was supposed to be doing.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

That's OK. Next time Coyote talks to him, he'll forget forgetting about it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Madrox posted:

Ruining, or making awesome?

It made me sad when the forward arrow wouldn't work anymore :(

I'm guessing mediation training too, though I think she may be too hesitant to step in after her last experience with snarling Ysen.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like the ol' blade fingers make another appearance! Shing!

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

The residents of fun city won't respect you if you are lured into a trap run away, Annie :(

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ys expression in the first panel is priceless. You might be able to make a fine avatar out of that.

Kennel posted:

Because it's 100% correct and therefore a spoiler. :smugdog:

Hmm... This might actually be correct.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Annie dont be a fool!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Do it Annie, do what the voices tell you

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Air is lava! posted:

Hmm... This might actually be correct.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Air is lava! posted:

Ys expression in the first panel is priceless. You might be able to make a fine avatar out of that.

Really what I thought. Was thinking of doing some fancy gif thing with it, then realized that I couldn't think of a way to make something more awesome than a single frame of Ysengrin happily punching the poo poo out of some random forest demon.

Also, clueless Annie was in this one:

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 6, 2013

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That looks great!
I will probably get that, once I find a way to pay. The SA shop is a real hassle for someone who doesn't have acces to a credit card. They are rather uncommon around here. Took me years to set up an account.

But I really want a new avatar. This one got sort of annoying.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 6, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

:allears:

Oh man. Where did this come from? It's amazing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Really what I thought. Was thinking of doing some fancy gif thing with it, then realized that I couldn't think of a way to make something more awesome than a single frame of Ysengrin happily punching the poo poo out of some random forest demon.

This is great! I do think it would look good with a bit of shaking animation-wise - force of impact and all that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SerSpook posted:

quote:

:allears:

Oh man. Where did this come from? It's amazing.
Sadly it's not an official smiley, only something I just cooked up.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
Oh yeah Annie, go toward the strange voice, alone, while Ysengrin is in the middle of a forest version of Fight Club.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Oh yeah Annie, go toward the strange voice, alone, while Ysengrin is in the middle of a forest version of Fight Club.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

It's obviously Coyote, so she'll be fine. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If Coyote says no harm will come to her, then no harm will come to her. He might have a loose definition of harm.

Bongo Bill posted:

Ysengrin forgot what he was supposed to be doing.

Nah, I think he's doing exactly what he went there for. :colbert: