Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

That looks to be the one. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I saw a movie playing in the background of a goth club. It seemed relatively recent (2000's), and it seemed to be half live action and half CGI. The main character seemed to be a girl with some kind of weird head injury or exposed brain, and there was a recurring scene of Egyptian God looking creatures (Anubis-looking things) doing stuff that made it seem like they were actually aliens. The movie as a whole seemed to take place in the future (possibly in a spaceship?). I don't think there was much action in the movie, but the imagery was just weird enough to make me wonder what it was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Immortal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_%282004_film%29

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Fast as ever, yeah that's it. Thanks!

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.
I'm thinking of a young girls movie, with characters that are basically or are old school strawberry shortcake and friends. Somehow they get babies and have to protect them and at the end of the film their hair grows long and they sing some song about "what they want to be" when they grow up. It was really weird, even when I was a kid.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Sarinnanashi posted:

I'm thinking of a young girls movie, with characters that are basically or are old school strawberry shortcake and friends. Somehow they get babies and have to protect them and at the end of the film their hair grows long and they sing some song about "what they want to be" when they grow up. It was really weird, even when I was a kid.

Strawberry Shortcake Meets The Berrykins

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Some sort of murder mystery, probably a spoof, taking place at a fancy (British?) dinner party. At one point, a man notices that he's seated across his wife, in violation of seating etiquette. He points it out in that "outsmarting the criminal" way and they both stand up right before knives? get embedded into their chairs.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Gyre posted:

Some sort of murder mystery, probably a spoof, taking place at a fancy (British?) dinner party. At one point, a man notices that he's seated across his wife, in violation of seating etiquette. He points it out in that "outsmarting the criminal" way and they both stand up right before knives? get embedded into their chairs.

Murder by Death

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.
A scifi film, made, I think, in the 80s. The story revolved around (although there may have been also some grander plan) a device, a weapon of sorts, that can be fired at someone (it may have worked by emitting a pulse of light?) and the affected person would completely zone out for a minute or so. There was a scene of someone driving a car, getting hit by the effect and from their point of view going from driving normally to having crashed into a fountain in an instant.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

cyberbug posted:

A scifi film, made, I think, in the 80s. The story revolved around (although there may have been also some grander plan) a device, a weapon of sorts, that can be fired at someone (it may have worked by emitting a pulse of light?) and the affected person would completely zone out for a minute or so. There was a scene of someone driving a car, getting hit by the effect and from their point of view going from driving normally to having crashed into a fountain in an instant.

I know the movie you're thinking of, but the title escapes me. It's something like Flasher, or Dazzler, or something like that.

Now I remember, Looker

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082677/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 2, 2013

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

As stated, it's Looker -- Michael Crichton written story that is pure 80s cheese but a definite guilty pleasure. Corny but catchy theme song too.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

This one's been bugging me lately. I'm not so much interested in watching the film as trying to figure out what the gently caress it was about and what direction it was taken in. I saw it in the early 90s on TV (may have been HBO) but it may have been an 80s movie.

A bunch of boys (pre-teens or early teens) decide they want to see a woman naked so they save up all their money and hire a prostitute. They try and pay her using a jar of coins and single dollar bills, and also all want to be there at once. I think one of the boys befriends the prostitute and she's an actual main character in the movie, with the naked woman thing not just being a subplot. I may be wrong about that though.

vvvv That's it, Milk Money.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 5, 2013

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

TTBF posted:

This one's been bugging me lately. I'm not so much interested in watching the film as trying to figure out what the gently caress it was about and what direction it was taken in. I saw it in the early 90s on TV (may have been HBO) but it may have been an 80s movie.

A bunch of boys (pre-teens or early teens) decide they want to see a woman naked so they save up all their money and hire a prostitute. They try and pay her using a jar of coins and single dollar bills, and also all want to be there at once. I think one of the boys befriends the prostitute and she's an actual main character in the movie, with the naked woman thing not just being a subplot. I may be wrong about that though.

Milk Money

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

What movie was it that had a scene where a guy is showing off a gun, that no matter which direction you shoot, once you pick a target the bullets fly to them? I remember it being shown off by him pointing the gun at another guy and firing to freak him out, but the bullets land somewhere else, or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fifth Element.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Some time ago I watched a film that focused on an astronaut alone in a space station as his communication with Earth eventually stopped. I believe it was on Netflix and I remember hearing that the whole thing was filmed in the director's back yard. I also remember the Netflix description being both slightly disingenuous and spoiling the ending. Ring any bells?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Definitely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7wOX2WqbXE

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

FreshFeesh posted:

Some time ago I watched a film that focused on an astronaut alone in a space station as his communication with Earth eventually stopped. I believe it was on Netflix and I remember hearing that the whole thing was filmed in the director's back yard. I also remember the Netflix description being both slightly disingenuous and spoiling the ending. Ring any bells?

Love (2011).

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alright, so I'm trying to remember the name of a movie from my childhood. I'm pretty sure it was a Hong Kong gunplay ballet, John Woo type of flick, probably late 80s to mid 90s... Dont remember the plot, only that the bad guys (triads?) killed the wife/girl of the protagonist and painted something like this on a mirror with her blood. Also there was a scene where the heros partner eats a hotdog wrong, biting from the center, and makes a mess of himself.

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 4, 2013

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Alright, also trying to remember the name of a movie from my childhood. Difficulty level: German made-for-TV movie, ca. early late 1970s, early 1980s.

Plot points: Italian kid moves to Germany with his parents. Can't speak much German, kids make fun of him, call him "Spaghettifresser" (lit. "spaghetti eater", synonymous with "wop" etc. in English). I *think* another plot point is a volcano or earthquake (in Germany? wtf?), and Italian kid saves a local girl from certain death, thus winning over the other kids?

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I saw exactly one scene from this movie and I can not for the life of me remember what it was and google is getting me nowhere:

Japanese comedy
I saw it like 3 or four years ago while it was playing via dvd
The scene:
2 female friends in pachinko parlor/arcade are being hassled by the manager for being there. I think because they were not old enough or something. A friend? of theirs who is some sort of street tough with a ridiculous huge pompadour comes in gets in the managers face and says that the girls are old enough.

Other than that I can not remember a thing. Just that huge fuckoff ridiculous pompadour.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That seems to be it, thank you. The summary makes it sound even weirder than I remember it.

Ksi
May 1, 2007
"Hasta la victoria siempre"
I've been breaking my mind and fingers with google searchers about this movie that i saw about 4 years ago.

It seemed to be recent (2000+) and i'm 80% sure it was japanese.

The movie was set in japan afaik and it was about an officeman that has a really pathetic life so he decides to get drunk.

When he gets drunk he has a series of adventures one involving in particular going inside a Yakuza bar/stripclub and killing everysingle one.

The movie starts when he wakes up at an unnamed hotel and when he turns on the tv he finds out the the police is looking for him and that the hotel he's in is being aired on live tv as the police try to get in and arrest him.

After some fiddling around the man manages to shoot the police, takes one of the uniforms and goes out the hotel. One scene that stuck in my mind was when he was going down the elevator we could see the guy with a gasmask surrounded by 7-10 people with no hair and white skin, suggesting that they were evil spirits (?) it was a blue light when he gets in the elevator.

Later he gets out of the hotel and the movie ends in a really bizarre way afaik. One where he gets out the hotel and makes peace with the police while everyone laughs and another one where he gets killed (i don¿t know if they are paralel universes or what, that's why i'm trying to find the movie)

PIc related: elevator scene as i remember it in my mind. The guy after shooting police officers goes down the elevator as he is surrounded by ghost /spirits of bald white man.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
I have no idea, but based on the previous four requests I just really want to see "Hong Kong Hot Dog", "Der Vulkan", "Pachinko Pompadour" and especially "Salaryman's Sliding Doors Ghost Yakuza Adventure".

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Switzerland posted:

Alright, also trying to remember the name of a movie from my childhood. Difficulty level: German made-for-TV movie, ca. early late 1970s, early 1980s.

The first part of your description instantly reminded me of an old movie with Terence Hill as an italian guy who gets called "Spaghetti" (actually, "Macaroni" - Trailer) by a truck driver - "Ruf der Wälder".

Should have read further before searching for the name of that one, reading the rest that'S clearly not it, if you didn't somehow mix it up with something else.

westborn fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 5, 2013

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Stravinsky posted:

I saw exactly one scene from this movie and I can not for the life of me remember what it was and google is getting me nowhere:

Japanese comedy
I saw it like 3 or four years ago while it was playing via dvd
The scene:
2 female friends in pachinko parlor/arcade are being hassled by the manager for being there. I think because they were not old enough or something. A friend? of theirs who is some sort of street tough with a ridiculous huge pompadour comes in gets in the managers face and says that the girls are old enough.

Other than that I can not remember a thing. Just that huge fuckoff ridiculous pompadour.

This pompadour?

Kamikaze Girls

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Yes yes. I could see it in my dreams. That's it exactly thanks.

Ksi
May 1, 2007
"Hasta la victoria siempre"

Ksi posted:

I've been breaking my mind and fingers with google searchers about this movie that i saw about 4 years ago.

It seemed to be recent (2000+) and i'm 80% sure it was japanese.

The movie was set in japan afaik and it was about an officeman that has a really pathetic life so he decides to get drunk.

When he gets drunk he has a series of adventures one involving in particular going inside a Yakuza bar/stripclub and killing everysingle one.

The movie starts when he wakes up at an unnamed hotel and when he turns on the tv he finds out the the police is looking for him and that the hotel he's in is being aired on live tv as the police try to get in and arrest him.

After some fiddling around the man manages to shoot the police, takes one of the uniforms and goes out the hotel. One scene that stuck in my mind was when he was going down the elevator we could see the guy with a gasmask surrounded by 7-10 people with no hair and white skin, suggesting that they were evil spirits (?) it was a blue light when he gets in the elevator.

Later he gets out of the hotel and the movie ends in a really bizarre way afaik. One where he gets out the hotel and makes peace with the police while everyone laughs and another one where he gets killed (i don¿t know if they are paralel universes or what, that's why i'm trying to find the movie)

PIc related: elevator scene as i remember it in my mind. The guy after shooting police officers goes down the elevator as he is surrounded by ghost /spirits of bald white man.

Just chiming in. Thanks to old msn chat logs i found the name of the movie.

It's called "Monday" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239655/ if anyone is interested

Ksi fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 5, 2013

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

westborn posted:

The first part of your description instantly reminded me of an old movie with Terence Hill as an italian guy who gets called "Spaghetti" (actually, "Macaroni" - Trailer) by a truck driver - "Ruf der Wälder".

Should have read further before searching for the name of that one, reading the rest that'S clearly not it, if you didn't somehow mix it up with something else.

Thanks, but that's not it. I'm wondering if it's not a Swiss or Austrian production. Ugh. But I definitely remember the "Spaghettifresser" slur.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

westborn posted:

That reminds me! I was thinking of the Bud Spencer/Terence Hill films I loved as a child (I'm guessing they are awful),and I remember one where they were running in circles through what I think were stereotypical South Sea beach huts, and Bud Spencer threw someone out of the window of one. Any idea which one this was?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

therattle posted:

I remember one where they were running in circles through what I think were stereotypical South Sea beach huts, and Bud Spencer threw someone out of the window of one. Any idea which one this was?

That could probably be half of them. The first two that come to mind with hut-like buildings would be this (whole towns with huts and mud-walled buildings at the sea) or this (a few wooden huts on some plains), both in south american locations.

therattle posted:

(I'm guessing they are awful)
They can be hard to watch, weirdly paced or plain repetitive, but I still love the german dub (I believe they purposely added some extra goofiness with them) of "...altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!" (the one with the red dune buggy with the yellow top) and at least I due superpiedi quasi piatti (where they accidentally become cops) was pretty fun the last time I saw it, too.
Also, the music by Oliver Onions always gets me in a good mood.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

westborn posted:

That could probably be half of them. The first two that come to mind with hut-like buildings would be this (whole towns with huts and mud-walled buildings at the sea) or this (a few wooden huts on some plains), both in south american locations.

They can be hard to watch, weirdly paced or plain repetitive, but I still love the german dub (I believe they purposely added some extra goofiness with them) of "...altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!" (the one with the red dune buggy with the yellow top) and at least I due superpiedi quasi piatti (where they accidentally become cops) was pretty fun the last time I saw it, too.
Also, the music by Oliver Onions always gets me in a good mood.

Thanks! That first one looks promising. I don't know whether to revisit them with adult eyes, or just retain my fond memories. I so loved them when I was little...

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

ynohtna posted:

Love (2011).

Much appreciated!

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Looking for a found footage movie. It begins with a couple of guys making a documentary about something. They find an odd hole in the floor of a shack (I think). They explore the hole and find some weird machine. They pull it out of put it back together at a college. They do it without knowing what the machine does. It turns out that it's either a time machine or some kind of teleporter (I really don't remember what it does, but its something fantastic.)

BatsBjorg
Nov 5, 2008

Helluva girl! Shame about that business during the war though ... Now where's my whisky?

quote:

Looking for a found footage movie. It begins with a couple of guys making a documentary about something. They find an odd hole in the floor of a shack (I think). They explore the hole and find some weird machine. They pull it out of put it back together at a college. They do it without knowing what the machine does. It turns out that it's either a time machine or some kind of teleporter (I really don't remember what it does, but its something fantastic.)

This sounds like it could be "Chronicle."

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Not "Chronicle", but thanks for the guess.

The two main characters that were making the documentary were probably late 20s to mid thirties. One was pudgy. They were both very goonie looking.

It was also a very low budget film. Nearly no special effects.

e VV Yeah, watching Primer was what reminded me of this movie.

brick cow fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Sep 6, 2013

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

brick cow posted:

Not quite like what you're describing, but Primer is a bit similar regarding the low budget, machine, and time travel stuff.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

brick cow posted:

Not a found footage movie, but the description sounds like My Science Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msUrUTdPluw

Tazzillekki
Nov 11, 2012
Okay so this might be a hopeless question, but I'll give it a shot. For the past few hours, a scene in a movie has been stuck in my head and I can't seem to remember what the movie is. All I remember is that specific scene(not any particular lines, though.) and the general premise of the plot. So here it goes.

The plot revolves around a father and a his daughter. The mother is absent from the picture. The relationship between them is shaky at best. The daughter is portrayed as a "free spirit", cooky and sometimes a danger to herself. From what I understood, she's more like an extreme case of ADHD and add in a dash of insanity. The scene that I remember is when the father goes to the grandmother. She has this really nice beach house with what looks to be a private beach or something. The grandmother is basically the spitting image of the daughter only 30 years older. The grandmother talks about how the dad is such a stuck-up like his dad and even they look the same and how he always stopped her fro pursuing her painting hobby. The father, recognizing the similarity, ask the grandmother to talk to the daughter and make her not be as insane as she is. The grandmother fights back and then reluctantly agrees. The scene ends with the grandmother walking out of the house and across the white sands. The grandmother wears white and bright yellow with a silk scarf. I remember seeing it on TV a couple of months ago and I would say it was made in the mid 2000s.

Basically, that small paragraph has been stuck in my head for a while now and it's driving me insane. If there's anyone who recognizes the movie from what little information I have, please help. I have went through countless "father and daughter" movie lists and no dice. :saddowns:

Edit: Disregard this post. I just found out it wasn't even a movie.

Tazzillekki fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Looking for a Turkish movie made in the 2000s about a good man, a humble shopkeeper, who randomly finds a bag full of money. The money quickly sends him on a downward spiral of moral compromise and corruption, until the final scene (spoiler!) in which his wife catches him on their balcony having sex with their neighbor, and he throws himself off the balcony in despair.

I saw this at a film festival in Boston in the mid-2000s and am pretty sure it was a new movie at the time. I think the English release might have the word "money" in the title, but I can't remember anything else and would love to see it again.