Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BizarroAzrael posted:

They'll have to blow up the moon.

They'll have to blow up the moon, of Saturn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

They'll have to blow up the moon, of Saturn.

Isayama's done more extra panels!

Your post is awesome

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The final chapter will just be a giant troll and it'll be revealed that the Titans are actually just really ancient Angels from which all Evangelion units will be made. Adam is actually Eren's frozen cells stuck while trying to regenerate. :tinfoil:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Robviously posted:

The final chapter will just be a giant troll and it'll be revealed that the Titans are actually just really ancient Angels from which all Evangelion units will be made. Adam is actually Eren's frozen cells stuck while trying to regenerate. :tinfoil:

That would be the single greatest thing ever

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
You know, I think Attack on Titan might actually kill off more named, and at least slightly developed, characters than A Song of Ice and Fire.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

MustelaFuro posted:

You know, I think Attack on Titan might actually kill off more named, and at least slightly developed, characters than A Song of Ice and Fire.

Who's the last named charcter they killed off, and how long ago was it? I think Attack on Titan is actually very good at making you think it will kill of someone, but rarely ever goes through with it.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
I'd say it's more guilty of dressing up a few inconsequential characters as relevant for a few chapters in order to kill them off later, like rivalle's squad or mike. The main cast of recruits hasn't been touched so far unless you really want to count marco.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

ArchangeI posted:

Who's the last named charcter they killed off, and how long ago was it? I think Attack on Titan is actually very good at making you think it will kill of someone, but rarely ever goes through with it.

Mike, and it wasn't all that long ago.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
It's really nonchalant about killing off named characters and mimicking dramatic tropes that would normally indicate the character's survival and then killing them anyway :unsmigghh:

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

yaay posted:

I'd say it's more guilty of dressing up a few inconsequential characters as relevant for a few chapters in order to kill them off later, like rivalle's squad or mike. The main cast of recruits hasn't been touched so far unless you really want to count marco.

On the other hand, if sort of makes sense that none of the recruits have really been killed yet. In Trost they were mostly the top ten of their class, so if any recruits survived Trost it would have definitely been them. On the scouting mission, Annie, who was the titan that killed the vast majority of people on that mission, was sort of going out of their way to not kill them, so there was an extremely notable bias against them dying. During the Wall Maria conflict, they were without gear and so a bunch of people were getting themselves killed protecting them and keeping them away from the battle. Additionally, as it turns out several of them were titans, which decreased the chance for casualties even more. I like to think that Isayama is sort of doing that on purpose, and that as soon as there isn't some ridiculously huge bias towards their survival at least one of them is going to die.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

It's really nonchalant about killing off named characters and mimicking dramatic tropes that would normally indicate the character's survival and then killing them anyway :unsmigghh:

Does that mean Hannes is going to survive, considering he's done every death trope short of spontaneously announcing he's retiring tomorrow?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Bremen posted:

Does that mean Hannes is going to survive, considering he's done every death trope short of spontaneously announcing he's retiring tomorrow?

He hasn't mentioned offhand that he wants to spend more time with his wife and kids yet, either.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Hannes not dying is practically a running gag by now. Hell one of his first scenes is him setting him self up for a heroic sacrifice and then turning around and running away with the children instead.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Does it bug anybody else that Annie's crystallization powers in the anime are shown as white/blue? I always imagined it as more of a yellow/amber color, or at least something closer to fleshtone than blue.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

Does it bug anybody else that Annie's crystallization powers in the anime are shown as white/blue? I always imagined it as more of a yellow/amber color, or at least something closer to fleshtone than blue.

Yes. I imagined it as looking allot like Reiner's armour, but slightly translucent, and at a few points (when she armours the back of her neck) I thought she was just just making her skin thicker/denser rather than covering it in crystal like it's depicted in the animé.

The way it's being depicted gives it much more of an impression that it's something unique Annie can do rather that it possibly being a skill that any titan can learn. Wether that's intentional or not is anybodies guess until we learn more about the titans themselves.

Pensive fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 1, 2013

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Pensive posted:

Yes. I imagined it as looking allot like Reiner's armour, but slightly translucent, and at a few points (when she armours the back of her neck) I thought she was just just making her skin thicker/denser rather than covering it in crystal like it's depicted in the animé.

The way it's being depicted gives it much more of an impression that it's something unique Annie can do rather that it possibly being a skill that any titan can learn. Werther on that's intentional or not is anybodies guess until we learn more about the titans themselves.

It is likely more a artistic aspect to better depict it, Color Contrast lets the viewer catch where it is covering much easier.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

AndroidHub posted:

I pictured the same amber color, but white/blue isn't that bad for fantasy crystal.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, I always imagined it was blue for some reason so this isn't jarring to me in the least.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, I always imagined it was blue for some reason so this isn't jarring to me in the least.

Really? I figured everyone was picturing it to be yellow because of Reiner's armor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pensive posted:

Hannes not dying is practically a running gag by now. Hell one of his first scenes is him setting him self up for a heroic sacrifice and then turning around and running away with the children instead.

Three things will endure to the end of this series - the cockroaches, the Titans, and Hannes. Possibly also the wife and kids Hannes intends to spend more time with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Robviously posted:

Inside Eren's basement is Elf Island.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Eren gets his own Titan sized Berserker Armor, proceeds to just punch the planet to death, finally killing all titans.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Doflamingo posted:

Really? I figured everyone was picturing it to be yellow because of Reiner's armor.

I think most people all but forgot about the Armored Titan by the point that Annie was doing her Titan thing. Also I don't think anyone said what color the Armored Titan's armor was, so you were mostly free to fill it in mentally. Either way, no one really knew at that point how the Armored Titan's armor stuff worked and Annie was specifically said to be crystallizing, so there was even less to tie the two things together.

Personally I just mentally saw it as clear, like quartz.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."
We're yet to see the female titans true power. (The amount of AoT fan stuff on the internet is BONKERS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KllXOCYv_U

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Okay that was a thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This video was related to that one and...holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYgrGJST0rA&hd=1

The Colossal Moetan's sneeze being what blows up the gate had my dying, but it flips wildly between hilarious and terrible pretty frequently.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Now we know where Miura went.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Gyges posted:

I think most people all but forgot about the Armored Titan by the point that Annie was doing her Titan thing. Also I don't think anyone said what color the Armored Titan's armor was, so you were mostly free to fill it in mentally. Either way, no one really knew at that point how the Armored Titan's armor stuff worked and Annie was specifically said to be crystallizing, so there was even less to tie the two things together.

Personally I just mentally saw it as clear, like quartz.

Official art, fan art, the anime itself, all depict Ernie with a yellow carapace.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Those are bad videos and you shouldn't post them.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
From the anime thread:

User0015 posted:

I just realized Eren is a reverse-protagonist. Instead of rescuing the damsel in distress, he is the damsel, and Mikasa is the hero of the show and Eren is always in another castle. Except sometimes the castle is a stomach.

Actually, given everything that happens, this isn't an inaccurate description.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Pretty sure Bert and Reiner are the heroes right now and Mikasa is the villain.

I just want them to get to the secret titan village already.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Thoren posted:

Pretty sure Bert and Reiner are the heroes right now and Mikasa is the villain.

I just want them to get to the secret titan village already.

If it's anything like the basement, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they will get there any time soon.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Shadow0 posted:

If it's anything like the basement, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they will get there any time soon.

Time to start taking bets on which gets revealed first :smugbert:

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
What if the village is in the basement?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The basement and secret titan village are on Fairy Island.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Thoren posted:

Time to start taking bets on which gets revealed first :smugbert:

Gonna be Titan Village for sure.

The only way I can see them getting to the basement first is if Ymir, Bertholdt and Reiner all agree to help them get there in exchange for having Levi not murder them with impunity.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Levi is back in Stohess, I thought, with a broken arm? Of course, murder wonder Mikasa is here so they're still sunk. At any rate, they're nearly at the basement and if Eren could hold in his rage for five drat minutes, they could work out a plan to get there, as it's looking like Bert at least wants to try to make amends and I doubt Ymir gives a poo poo as long as Christa is safe.

On another note, the Kodansha translation is pretty good. "Colossus Titan" is starting to grow on me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autumncomet posted:

At any rate, they're nearly at the basement and if Eren could hold in his rage for five drat minutes, they could work out a plan to get there, as it's looking like Bert at least wants to try to make amends and I doubt Ymir gives a poo poo as long as Christa is safe.

And also if they could just get a hold of a genie they could fix all of this.

But yeah, Team Titan is heading up poo poo creek at the moment. Super Murder mode Mikasa is literally on their back, Eren is one slipped strap from making the Hulk look calm and collected, and some rear end in a top hat just decided to use a bunch of Titans to relive his fond memories of EQ Blackburrow.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Autumncomet posted:

Levi is back in Stohess, I thought, with a broken arm? Of course, murder wonder Mikasa is here so they're still sunk. At any rate, they're nearly at the basement and if Eren could hold in his rage for five drat minutes, they could work out a plan to get there, as it's looking like Bert at least wants to try to make amends and I doubt Ymir gives a poo poo as long as Christa is safe.

Five entire minutes? This is the guy, you may recall, who tried to attack his captors when both his arms had been cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JosephWongKS posted:

Five entire minutes? This is the guy, you may recall, who tried to attack his captors when both his arms had been cut off.

That part where he bit his stump made me cringe.