Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
If you're a powergaming clicker, then yes you wouldn't want to take Covenant because it cuts into your precious cookies per second and you can make more than the loss that constant Pledging every half-hour and then hour after gaining the twice-effective Pledge Upgrade. If you're lazy and don't really care about the bottom line, take Covenant after enjoying the grandmatriarch effect that One Mind will give you. It's just -5% to the multiplier and to be honest I didn't notice much of a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
How is this a real loving game, and why haven't I closed my browser in four days?

The idea itself is like something out of a bad creepypasta. Except cookie clicker real and legitimately terrifying. I genuinely wonder how many people will be driven to madness by this game

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Can someone repost the CookieClicker spreadsheet that auto-loads from your exported save?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://drive.google.com/templates?view=public&authorId=15776007631829973453

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What does Elder Pledge do?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Makes it so you get golden cookies instead of blood cookies for 30 minutes (1 hour after upgrading it).

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

It's just -5% to the multiplier and to be honest I didn't notice much of a hit.

Alright, thanks. Are you still getting those blood cookies with the covenant on?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

IT BEGINS AGAIN!

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
So, I have all the grandma upgrades, and 100 grandma's, but no option to buy the bingo center. Why? I want to worship the elder gods.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nativity In Black posted:

So, I have all the grandma upgrades, and 100 grandma's, but no option to buy the bingo center. Why? I want to worship the elder gods.

You got the upgrades for having 15 of each building right? I.e. you have 15 portals, 15 time machines, etc.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Dungeons when? :smug:

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Requested_Username posted:

You got the upgrades for having 15 of each building right? I.e. you have 15 portals, 15 time machines, etc.

I got grandmas all the way through grandma's grandmas.

Edit: The option for ritual rolling pins just showed up for some reason. I must have bought the bingo facility without realizing it.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 5, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

siggy2021 posted:

code:
setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0) Game.goldenCookie.click()}, 0)

Is this supposed to auto-click golden cookies? It seems to randomly produce a whole ton of "Frenzy!" and "Lucky!" messages at once. Sometimes it's just once, sometimes it's up to four of them at once.

I can't really tell if these actually stack, though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I have all the main achievements. I just got 3 shadow ones for resetting. Now I just need the two neverclicks. I plan to do this all without getting the cheating cookie achievement.

THEN MY BODY WILL BE READY.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

Is this supposed to auto-click golden cookies? It seems to randomly produce a whole ton of "Frenzy!" and "Lucky!" messages at once. Sometimes it's just once, sometimes it's up to four of them at once.

That's because it clicks the same cookie multiple times before it can despawn. Really cheaty.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

HenryEx posted:

That's because it clicks the same cookie multiple times before it can despawn. Really cheaty.

Noo I don't want that to happen :(

Is there any way to make it hit once?

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Er, 500 billion for the pledge equates to 277 million cps for 30 minutes (Half that if you've researched the upgrade). This means that you need to be making >5.5 billion cps (277 million divided by .05) before max cost pledge becomes better than covenant, unless my math is wrong.

how many loving cookies are you guys making

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mak0rz posted:

Its this

code:
setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100);
Now leave that running while you go about your work day :pcgaming:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fish Cake posted:

Er, 500 billion for the pledge equates to 277 million cps for 30 minutes (Half that if you've researched the upgrade). This means that you need to be making >5.5 billion cps (277 million divided by .05) before max cost pledge becomes better than covenant, unless my math is wrong.

how many loving cookies are you guys making

I'm up to almost 600 million cps and counting. Maybe you should try clicking more golden cookies :smuggo:

bef posted:

Its this

code:
setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100);

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
What I'm saying is that the amortized cost of a pledge over its duration is 2.773e8 or 1.9e8 cps, so unless you're making 20x that (5.5e9 or 2.7e9 cps) it is more efficient to buy covenant than to keep buying pledges. I wonder if the reduced efficiency of luckies and frenzies with covenant active is enough to outweigh the difference in amortized cost per second but I doubt it.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Fish Cake posted:

What I'm saying is that the amortized cost of a pledge over its duration is 2.773e8 or 1.9e8 cps, so unless you're making 20x that (5.5e9 or 2.7e9 cps) it is more efficient to buy covenant than to keep buying pledges. I wonder if the reduced efficiency of luckies and frenzies with covenant active is enough to outweigh the difference in amortized cost per second but I doubt it.

But I just buy a pledge or two per day and pay attention to golden cookies for that time. If I'm idling 22+ hours a day, it seems a savings to not be losing 5% of my idle production. Plus it's fun to gamble for 666x production sometimes.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Fish Cake posted:

Getting a lucky while frenzied gets me 12e12 cookies. 5% of that is the cost of a Pledge, so if I get a lucky while frenzied once within the hour that Pledge is active for then it's already more worth it than the covenant.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

bef posted:

Its this

code:

Wow yeah sorry, I totally typo'd that the first time, this is what I meant to post.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Welp. I don't know where to go from here.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I think you should click the cookie.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

I think you should click the cookie.

NEVER

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't been able to access Cookie Clicker for a couple days now. How are you guys playing? :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I haven't been able to access Cookie Clicker for a couple days now. How are you guys playing? :(

Keep refreshing. You'll get in eventually.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I just reset with 600 million cookies per second to get the "reset with a billion/trillion cookies" achievements.

Getting True Neverclick just means I have to wait for golden cookies to start things off, right? Let's loving do this. :getin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

I just reset with 600 million cookies per second to get the "reset with a billion/trillion cookies" achievements.

Getting True Neverclick just means I have to wait for golden cookies to start things off, right? Let's loving do this. :getin:

Yeah. I literally just did this an hour ago. I'm already back up to 5.5k cps.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 5, 2013

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

I didn't even realize you could get started without clicking 15 times for the first cursor. Is it just set to something ridiculously low by default, like .0001 CPS?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

I haven't closed my Cookie Clicker window since Saturday.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blast of Confetti posted:

I didn't even realize you could get started without clicking 15 times for the first cursor. Is it just set to something ridiculously low by default, like .0001 CPS?

You can click a golden cookie at the beginning that will give you +13 cookies.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

madeupfred posted:

You can click a golden cookie at the beginning that will give you +13 cookies.

Oh right, didn't think of that. :v:

Wait, gently caress, this means I have to restart now. I remember a time before the cookies, but that has long since passed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's gonna be funny when the game adds an achievement for resetting with a quadrillion cookies. And then you'll all be sorry!

nozz
Jan 27, 2007

proficient pringle eater

tractor fanatic posted:

Getting a lucky while frenzied gets me 12e12 cookies. 5% of that is the cost of a Pledge, so if I get a lucky while frenzied once within the hour that Pledge is active for then it's already more worth it than the covenant.

If you are getting 12e12 when you get a frenzied lucky I think that means you are just under 1 billion cps normally. A reduction of 5% is just under 50 million cps less than normal. Over an hour this adds up to a "cost" of around 171 billion cookies. The max cost of pledge is 500 billion, so if you are at this point it is more efficient to just take the 5% hit over the hour rather than shelling out for a covenant for that same hour. Either way you make more cookies, but the covenant is actually cheaper overall until the reduction of 5% over an hour is more than the cost of the covenant. Obviously covenants are a good deal before they increase in price up to their max.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
I just got my 27th golden cookie, bought Serendipity and a pledge and I've picked up 9 more golden cookies so far during the pledge duration. Now I've just got to save up 9 trillion cookies for maximum rewards and not spend below that and I'll finally experience the True Cookie Endgame.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Gat posted:

If you are getting 12e12 when you get a frenzied lucky I think that means you are just under 1 billion cps normally. A reduction of 5% is just under 50 million cps less than normal. Over an hour this adds up to a "cost" of around 171 billion cookies. The max cost of pledge is 500 billion, so if you are at this point it is more efficient to just take the 5% hit over the hour rather than shelling out for a covenant for that same hour. Either way you make more cookies, but the covenant is actually cheaper overall until the reduction of 5% over an hour is more than the cost of the covenant. Obviously covenants are a good deal before they increase in price up to their max.

You're forgetting that the covenant also reduces any bonuses you get from golden cookies by 5%.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thurin posted:

I just got my 27th golden cookie, bought Serendipity and a pledge and I've picked up 9 more golden cookies so far during the pledge duration. Now I've just got to save up 9 trillion cookies for maximum rewards and not spend below that and I'll finally experience the True Cookie Endgame.

I think you mean 100 trillion. Times three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
Oh dear. I thought it was 18000x my cookie production (500m c/s). Then using that as a seed I can start working on snickerdoodles and such.

• Locked thread