Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Astfgl posted:

Asked a few questions earlier in thread and got some great responses, so thank you!

Now, I'm running into a trend that I don't know how to combat. I jacked up my initial ruler's fertility in the Ruler designer, and married him off to a lustful woman with a fertility of over 100%. They produced lots of kids, which was the plan, and the majority of those kids lived long enough for me to give them titles. I educated them very carefully, made sure they have great stats and traits and whatnot and thought I'd done a pretty good job with them.

Now, I'm on my third ruler (the son of the son of my first guy). I've created a few kingdoms and my family is nice and spread out. But I've noticed that now there's a LOT of interbreeding. I try to keep up with it by arranging betrothals and such, but a large number of them are sneaking past me and marrying their cousin. I had hoped that the AI would have been programmed to avoid doing this when there are other eligible candidates in the realm, but apparently this isn't the case.

So is there any way to stop dynasty members who are not at my court from marrying their relatives? Because I just ran into about three kids in my dynasty with the "Inbred" trait (one of them also had the genius trait in a frustrating twist).

Distant dynasty members of a really successful dynasty will tend to marry each other for claims, because you are probably the most successful dynasty of the same culture and religion and the claims are frequently on nearby areas and so they are very attractive deals from many angles to a medieval noble; you get someone similar to you, so you're more likely to get along, and you get to be a dick to their immediate family for gain.

You only need to look at the Hapsburgs to see that this can be horribly true to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Yup! Byzantium grabbed it in the early 900s and never let it go, it stayed pretty strong so I guess Lombardy never challenged them. The Republic actually survived though, it resettled in a city in Aprutium.

Also, asides from bubonic-plague Lotharingia the rest of the world doesn't look bad at all (about a decade later):

It seems to me that Permanent Pagan Britain and Permanent Muslim Iberia and Permanent Byzantium Forever seem to be pretty much givens for the Old Gods start. I don't know, maybe I haven't played far enough, but the Umayyads, more often than not, are an unstoppable juggernaut. I've even seen them take basically the entirety of France.

I think what's going on, for the Muslims, is that war is an effective way to reduce decadence, and Muslims get a free CB on all neighboring counties, so big Muslim powers tend to snowball like nuts in a bid to stave off decadence.

Speaking of which, I'm currently attempting a Permanent Muslim Iberia game from the 1066 start, and I've almost finished conquering the whole peninsula. Problem is, my decadence is now getting to the point where yearly observation of Ramadan no longer holds it at 0%. And, once I hold all of Iberia, my plan is to just hold that, so waging war to remove decadence becomes less of an option. What exactly does happen once decadence gets out of control?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jazerus posted:

Distant dynasty members of a really successful dynasty will tend to marry each other for claims, because you are probably the most successful dynasty of the same culture and religion and the claims are frequently on nearby areas and so they are very attractive deals from many angles to a medieval noble; you get someone similar to you, so you're more likely to get along, and you get to be a dick to their immediate family for gain.

You only need to look at the Hapsburgs to see that this can be horribly true to life.

In game at least, usually cousin marriage won't produce too many hopelessly inbred freaks over the long term but I imagine the effect is exaggerated in this case by having a large family only two generations removed from a single couple.

DStecks posted:

It seems to me that Permanent Pagan Britain and Permanent Muslim Iberia and Permanent Byzantium Forever seem to be pretty much givens for the Old Gods start. I don't know, maybe I haven't played far enough, but the Umayyads, more often than not, are an unstoppable juggernaut. I've even seen them take basically the entirety of France.

I think what's going on, for the Muslims, is that war is an effective way to reduce decadence, and Muslims get a free CB on all neighboring counties, so big Muslim powers tend to snowball like nuts in a bid to stave off decadence.

Speaking of which, I'm currently attempting a Permanent Muslim Iberia game from the 1066 start, and I've almost finished conquering the whole peninsula. Problem is, my decadence is now getting to the point where yearly observation of Ramadan no longer holds it at 0%. And, once I hold all of Iberia, my plan is to just hold that, so waging war to remove decadence becomes less of an option. What exactly does happen once decadence gets out of control?

As well as penalties to your troops, you get a decadence invasion doomstack that spawns and ruins your day, it's annoying and terrible. Playing as a muslim in CK2+ is so much better since it makes decadence event based. In your case though, I'd suggest checking your ledger for cool wars you can join in. Help out your fellow muslims if you don't want to expand yourself.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

DStecks posted:

I've never seen Britain stay Pagan. The Norse usually put up one hell of a fight and stick around as a culture for a long time, but Catholicism win eventually.

You're right about the Iberian Muslims though. In both the original and OG starts they're practically guaranteed to rampage all the way to Germany thanks to the Muslim invasion CB. it's not an attempt to stave off decadence (the AI doesn't know how to deal with decadence), it's just having an almost unlimited-use kingdom-targetting CB that makes them as aggressive as the Hordes once they get enough levies.

When your decadence reaches 100% a giant attritionless army will spawn in your territory from another dynasty to steal all your titles. This is crippling (or maybe a game over? I've never tried it) for a player but because it just replace the ruling dynasty instead of breaking up the realm the AI basically doesn't care and it doesn't affect anyone but the ruler of the blob.

To stop decadence gain past a certain size you either need to assiduously murder every other male in your family after every succession or only hold a single province personally, IIRC. God help you if you've played for several generations without doing that already and you have dozens of uncles and cousins running around.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 5, 2013

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Sindai posted:

I've never seen Britain stay Pagan. The Norse usually put up one hell of a fight and stick around as a culture for a long time, but Catholicism win eventually.

OK, cool, I guess I've just never played far enough.

Sindai posted:

To stop decadence gain past a certain size you either need to assiduously murder every other male in your family after every succession or only hold a single province personally, IIRC. God help you if you've played for several generations without doing that already and you have dozens of uncles and cousins running around.

I'm currently four generations in. :smithicide:

Though I do only ever hold a single province, so that will help, but it seems to be a reduction in the rate of decadence gain. As in, it's just delaying the inevitable. Thankfully, most of the titles in my kingdom are held by men in my dynasty, so the decadent relatives panel is only now beginning to fill up, and I have been purging the more decadent ones. Also, for whatever reason, my dynasty naturally seems to have a lot more female than male births, so I may have lucked into a best case scenario.

Also, not sure how much difference this makes, but I am the Sunni Caliph.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Loaded CK2 up for the first time in a couple months, all the mods are missing from the mod screen. Im guessing there has been a patch update?

Is Girl Power updated/does it have a place to download from?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I am using the latest version, of the mod and my game is patched to the latest version as well.

I should have clarified, are you using the new CK2+ Continuation?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707030-CK2Plus-Continuation-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambition

You need that, because the original CK2+ is broken as of the latest patch.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Does anyone have a link to that performance mod? I tried signing up on the forums and everything, yet the link won't work for me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You probably need to register your CK2 key with your forum account before you can see the mod board and threads. (This is the only anti-piracy measure Paradox uses.)

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
How exactly does elective selection work? Or I guess...how does one manipulate it in another kingdom?

Through some bizarro circumstances I ended up as a queen for awhile and talked the king of france into marrying me matrilineal style so my heirs were properly in my dynasty, so my kids with him are in my line. Do they get a chance to claim france or does elective just stop that completely? The dude doesn't have the claims shield but maybe it is because his dad is still alive?

Is the solution to my issue here to just stab my husband and go to war over it?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
If France is elective, children (and siblings?) of the current ruler, as well as any duke in France, are all eligible for election. I don't think they have to be of the same dynasty so your kids should still be electable.

Even if they're not elected, they should still get claims, but that will only happen when he dies. Does he have kids from an earlier marriage?

sixide
Oct 25, 2004
Mongol invasions are bullshit.

Sure, the Persian Empire can field 900K troops but they can poo poo all over that with their invincible, reinforcing, attrition-immune 110K doomstack which includes 70K horse archers.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

sixide posted:

Mongol invasions are bullshit.

Sure, the Persian Empire can field 900K troops but they can poo poo all over that with their invincible, reinforcing, attrition-immune 110K doomstack which includes 70K horse archers.

If you don't have at least 70K worth of retinue horse archers in a Persia that big you are Playing Persia Wrong.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

If France is elective, children (and siblings?) of the current ruler, as well as any duke in France, are all eligible for election. I don't think they have to be of the same dynasty so your kids should still be electable.

Even if they're not elected, they should still get claims, but that will only happen when he dies. Does he have kids from an earlier marriage?

Nah I set up a betrothal before anyone snagged him up and married him, right before killing his brother so he became heir. At some point after that they went elective and I dunno whats up. I'll have to hold out for another kid or two and then just pop an assassin or two over!

e; Also, how do you break a nation when it becomes a theocracy? Just keep falsifying claims until you have enough land to challenge for the throne? If the dude would just marry and have kids so I could bridge the houses, I would be fine. It is just a long line of celibate jerks who invest the next guy.

Synnr fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 6, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Who's in line for France's throne? The tooltip on their shield should tell you.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
A bunch of french guys. Gonna drain my coffers and pull a king ralph soon if this doesn't go away when the husband dies.

Apparently it is agnatic seniority now instead of elective, I'm not sure why they keep changing.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
On the breeding issue someone was having, I find that being proactive and checking the Dynasty tree every few years helps.
Identify potentially useful characters and try to betroth them nice and early. For female characters, you can always give them someone old (or with a terrible Intrigue score) as a stop-gap measure while you find someone better for them to marry.

Once your dynasty becomes large enough, the Find Character screen speeds things up a bit.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Piell posted:

1)Follow the instructions in the mod readme (i.e. unzip the files into the mod directly). You don't need a separate install, when the initial start screen pop up it'll let you check/uncheck what mods and DLC you want to use. None of the DLC will break the Game of Thrones mod, you just won't get everything if you don't have all the DLC (Old Gods adds the most stuff)
2) Besides the two you mentioned, Legacy of Rome adds Retinues and Byzantine events, the Republic adds merchant republics, Sunset Invasion adds an Aztec invasion of Europe, and Ruler Designer lets you make your own rulers instead of using the preset ones. All the others are just cosmetic and aren't really worth buying. I'd say Legacy of Rome, The Republic, and Ruler Designer are all worth getting - I don't like the Aztec Invasion personally.

Thanks for the tips! Gonna get that GoT mod on the go then, sounds easy enough to cope with.

Thanks to everyone for tips on the best DLCs to get too; sounds like Sword of Islam + Legacy of Rome + The Republic + The Old Gods is the way to go.

DStecks posted:

Download Sunset Invasion and make sure it's enabled for all of your games, especially ones you want to export to EUIV.

Do we have an "I'm loving with you, don't actually do this" smilie?

Am I crazy for thinking that Aztec invasion nonsense sounds like a fun diversion? Is it fun enough to justify a purchase when the next Steam sale's on at least?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Synnr posted:

e; Also, how do you break a nation when it becomes a theocracy? Just keep falsifying claims until you have enough land to challenge for the throne? If the dude would just marry and have kids so I could bridge the houses, I would be fine. It is just a long line of celibate jerks who invest the next guy.
Yes, that's pretty much it unless you can find a title claimant who will come to your court so you can press their claim. Theocracy succession is annoyingly boring and simple because it was only intended for baronies and the Pope.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

thorsilver posted:

Am I crazy for thinking that Aztec invasion nonsense sounds like a fun diversion? Is it fun enough to justify a purchase when the next Steam sale's on at least?

The Aztec cheat their asses off (they spawn an extra 100k attritionless troops whenever their emperor dies) and are majorly unfun, even more so than Mongols. They also cause balance problems in EUIV, since they effectively close off all of the Americas to colonization, which means that only nations that can push into Asia can expand.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

thorsilver posted:

Thanks for the tips! Gonna get that GoT mod on the go then, sounds easy enough to cope with.

Thanks to everyone for tips on the best DLCs to get too; sounds like Sword of Islam + Legacy of Rome + The Republic + The Old Gods is the way to go.

Fighting the invasions is stupendously difficult if you are new to the game, which is why nobody recommends you start as someone on the eastern side of the map as a new player, on account of the giant fuckoff army of doom that kills everyone, which you get dropped on your head in 1200 when you play someone over there. Sunset Invasion adds a giant fuckoff army of doom that kills everyone on the western edge of the map.

Sunset Invasion will not be a fun diversion if you're new to the game, at least not if you're on the western side of the map; it will essentially be an early game over.

By all means buy it, but keep it switched off until you are confidently good at the game, or are playing on the other side of the map.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Yeah, the best way to think of it is like a challenge mode end boss for when you're already really good at the game, I think.

Or for generating absolutely bonkers EU4 games, anyway.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

The Aztec cheat their asses off (they spawn an extra 100k attritionless troops whenever their emperor dies) and are majorly unfun, even more so than Mongols.

Does anyone know where the event for this is? I can find the first and second landings in the event files, but not the "new emperor" spawn.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

thorsilver posted:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing you shouldn't buy, it's just that you really should not have it activated if you want to port that save to EU4.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

DStecks posted:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing you shouldn't buy, it's just that you really should not have it activated if you want to port that save to EU4.

Unless you really hate the colonization mechanic and prefer both North America and Asia needing you to interact with organised states, I guess.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Damnit my save got torpedoed by the save game bloat thing. Jumped up to 1.15 GB all of a sudden.

Guess I'll try out an Alfred of Wessex game.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

DStecks posted:

Why? I mean, if you're playing with the "Super Aztecs and Incans with Guns" DLC, historicity and balanced play for Western Europeans are obviously not things you'd care about for your converted EU4 game, and I'm not sure what the other issues would be (because I haven't tried playing a converted Sunset Invasion game yet). Can you elaborate?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Couple dumb questions - how do I become the Antipope? Also, is there any benefit to climbing up the Papacy ranks?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jefferoo posted:

Couple dumb questions - how do I become the Antipope? Also, is there any benefit to climbing up the Papacy ranks?

You can't (currently) play a bishop so it's impossible to be part of the Church hierarchy or become either the pope or an antipope. You can _create_ one by going to your religion screen, picking one of your bishops, and clicking the antipope button.

(you _can_ end up as the religious head if you're Muslim or Norse, otherwise no joy)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Succession question: So I was the Emperor of Brittania and had a few kingdom titles, all under agnatic-cognatic primogeniture, and I was holy warring the poo poo out of Mauretania. When I finally got enough counties to usurp the kingdom of Mauretania from the Muslims that were holding it, my heir switched from my firstborn son (the king of Galicia, as it happens) to his firstborn son (my grandson). I figured gavelkind bullshit was to blame, since Muaretania came as agnatic-cognatic gavelkind (at minimum crown authority, too :mad:). Well for some reason it let me change its succession law even though I hadn't ruled it for ten years (I had been ruling Brittania for over ten years, so I guess that's all that matters?), so I changed to elective, figuring I'd just elect my firstborns until I get the crown authority up high enough to do primogeniture. But my heir (for all the primogeniture titles) is still my grandson, not my (perfectly normal, alive) firstborn son.

Anyways, I voted for my grandson for Mauretania; my son was not an option (which is weird, isn't it?). What gives? Why can usurping one title change the line of succession of another?

Jefferoo posted:

You can't ever be a pope, because you can't play as a theocracy. The best you can do is make the pope your vassal by being an emperor, making an antipope, and conquering the papal states for your antipope.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Reveilled posted:

Why? I mean, if you're playing with the "Super Aztecs and Incans with Guns" DLC, historicity and balanced play for Western Europeans are obviously not things you'd care about for your converted EU4 game, and I'm not sure what the other issues would be (because I haven't tried playing a converted Sunset Invasion game yet). Can you elaborate?

Maybe because you got Sunset Invasion in the CKII Steam bundle, but don't really ever want to use it?

Also, for anybody else who got the bundle, be warned that Sunset Invasion is enabled by default, which is a fun thing to find out about before you even knew what that bit of DLC even does.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

SeaTard posted:

I should have clarified, are you using the new CK2+ Continuation?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707030-CK2Plus-Continuation-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambition

You need that, because the original CK2+ is broken as of the latest patch.

Ah okay, that explains my problem then (I was using the latest CK2+ linked in the OP) I followed your link and downloaded and now it works, Thanks :)

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Has anyone played as (Reformed) Defensive Pagans vs. Mongols? Their stacks might be attrition-proof but I wonder how they fare against the +80% bonus you get to hold your ground or whatever.

If not, well I'll give a trip report in ~170 years.

DStecks posted:

Byzantium has indeed been stable forever, or at least not losing territory (they've had some harsh civil wars). Which is a little weird considering the nearby Abbasids/Russeifids have spent most of the time as a very blobby Caliphate. I guess all the Venetian money helped :v:

The British Isles were actually interesting, they've had over a century of a pretty cool split between Skotland holding northern Britain and Wessex holding the rest of the isles. Then they both expanded in the Netherlands; Skotland had grabbed the Norse holy site so I was hoping that some lucky inheritances would lead to an AI Norse reformation, but instead a local Catholic managed to form Frisia while both British kingdoms collapsed. Bo-ring.

Iberia has been less Permanent Muslim than a soft back-and-forth. The north-western kingdoms holdon, while Aragon flips between independent, Frankish, and Arab roughly every fifty years.

1050 update, in case anyone cared (right after I finished propping up my daughter-in-law Pomerania and my son-in-law Poland from the brink of collapse):

Lotharingia is EVEN WORSE :byodood: Oh, and south of the screenshot it's all Mali or Abbasid.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 6, 2013

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Succession question: So I was the Emperor of Brittania and had a few kingdom titles, all under agnatic-cognatic primogeniture, and I was holy warring the poo poo out of Mauretania. When I finally got enough counties to usurp the kingdom of Mauretania from the Muslims that were holding it, my heir switched from my firstborn son (the king of Galicia, as it happens) to his firstborn son (my grandson). I figured gavelkind bullshit was to blame, since Muaretania came as agnatic-cognatic gavelkind (at minimum crown authority, too :mad:). Well for some reason it let me change its succession law even though I hadn't ruled it for ten years (I had been ruling Brittania for over ten years, so I guess that's all that matters?), so I changed to elective, figuring I'd just elect my firstborns until I get the crown authority up high enough to do primogeniture. But my heir (for all the primogeniture titles) is still my grandson, not my (perfectly normal, alive) firstborn son.

Anyways, I voted for my grandson for Mauretania; my son was not an option (which is weird, isn't it?). What gives? Why can usurping one title change the line of succession of another?

Okay, so I inherited as my stupid grandson, and proceeded with operation Stab Dad to inherit Galicia (a-c primogeniture) from him. When my plot succeeds, instead of me, his eldest living son, some random rear end in a top hat I'd never heard of got all of his titles, from the kingdom on down. I have no idea how this dude got it; I expanded every last branch of both the dad's dynasty tree and the new king's dynasty tree, and there's no loving overlap. The new king doesn't have any royalty on his entire dynasty tree. He has absolutely no blood relation to any other Galician king. How the gently caress did he inherit? What the gently caress is going on? The game is just loving with me now.

edit: and the claim I inherited is weak :psyduck:

DontMockMySmock fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 6, 2013

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

DontMockMySmock posted:

The game is just loving with me now.

Gavelkind, not content to simply be an inconsistent, poorly implemented form of succession, is now loving with other succession laws out of spite. Get out while you still can.

Seriously though, it sounds like you triggered some weird bug when you switched out of Gavelkind. If you have a pre-succession save it might be worth reporting it on the Paradox forums.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

DStecks posted:

Maybe because you got Sunset Invasion in the CKII Steam bundle, but don't really ever want to use it?

Also, for anybody else who got the bundle, be warned that Sunset Invasion is enabled by default, which is a fun thing to find out about before you even knew what that bit of DLC even does.

But you gave that advice to someone who was asking whether he should buy the DLC specifically because he thought the idea of an Aztec Invasion amusing. I'm not asking to be facetious, I'm currently playing through CK2 to generate an EU4 game and a giant and powerful Aztec Empire in the Americas is something I'm very much looking forward to when I do convert, but your advising someone that converting a save with Sunset Invasion would be a bad idea--even if you like the idea of an impossibly ahistoric Aztec invasion enough to actually buy the DLC with the specific intent of playing with it on--concerned me that there might be game breaking bugs or something else that literally makes the game unplayable in converted saves or something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So I'm trying to form the Empire of Britannia but it's kinda slow going now- there's one major adversary who holds most of the counties I would need.

Just how bad an idea is it to break treaties?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Maxwell Lord posted:

So I'm trying to form the Empire of Britannia but it's kinda slow going now- there's one major adversary who holds most of the counties I would need.

Pretty goddamn bad. You lose half your piety and other people start to hate you. If you are Catholic that can get you excommunicated right quick.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Maxwell Lord posted:

What Reveilled said. They specifically made it worse in one of the more recent patches because of potential abuse (the penalties before this weren't a big deal to some hulking empire looking for new counties). The -5 penalty to Diplomacy for 5 years is also pretty nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Sindai posted:

Yes, that's pretty much it unless you can find a title claimant who will come to your court so you can press their claim. Theocracy succession is annoyingly boring and simple because it was only intended for baronies and the Pope.

Lame. Gonna be tedious to take over England, especially since revolts don't seem to happen no matter how hard or long I try.

How does the cheaty version of igniting revolts work? I wanted to see what happened (I guess it can cause general strife and possible rebellion/independence) and was gonna try it on England and make HRE but the text commands I found don't seem to work. Like "revolt c_york" doesn't seem to do jack.

Also, I had to put down a big rebellion when my heir finally took over France (I started Irish). Is that where this Tyrant modifier came from? I didn't even push a claim or anything, it was just the usual thing for a new ruler.

• Locked thread