Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
My dad worked with John Spencer one time, and apparently he was an amazingly kind and wonderful person.

And now I'm remembering the ep where Leo dies. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BrooklynBruiser posted:

My dad worked with John Spencer one time, and apparently he was an amazingly kind and wonderful person.

And now I'm remembering the ep where Leo dies. :qq:
Leo lives on as the namesake of my boy cat:

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
I'm watching the 4th season now, and they've begun the arc of intervention in Equatorial Kundu. I swear these episodes are 9, 10 years old but still startlingly relevant to today's headlines.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Chamberk posted:

I'm watching the 4th season now, and they've begun the arc of intervention in Equatorial Kundu. I swear these episodes are 9, 10 years old but still startlingly relevant to today's headlines.

I was watching a rerun of the one with the ".22 caliber mind in a .357 magnum world" gaffe last night and at one point Bartlet says something about having been at war with Iraq for the past ten years. I kind of did a double take.

Also how cool is that scene at the end with CJ going "Yeah you did that on purpose didn't you?" and the prez being the :smug: est of :smug:?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

I was watching a rerun of the one with the ".22 caliber mind in a .357 magnum world" gaffe last night and at one point Bartlet says something about having been at war with Iraq for the past ten years. I kind of did a double take.

I believe that was a reference to the low-grade conflict we'd been having with them (No-Fly-Zone, occasional airstrikes, etc.) since the end of the Gulf War rather than any manner of prescience.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Josh Lyman posted:

Leo lives on as the namesake of my boy cat:

A) Your cats are adorable.

B) Which one is Leo? I'm guessing the completely orange one.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The best bit is when they think he deliberately took the flag in season 6 or 7 and CJ's like "That's old school :smug:" And then later Bartlett's like "I didn't see the flag. :smith:"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I finally finished the series. My favorite random guest stars include Chuck "Cut Man" Kimmel as C.J.'s boorish Hollywood client and Ramon the Pool Boy attempting to stoke New Hampshire tourism. I also enjoyed Senator Detective Bookman, though he could have given Josh a while you're thinking about that think about this: the Senate Armed Forces Committee closes at five. No exceptions.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Mine was either Al Swearengen as a Russian diplomat or Ron loving Swanson: Wolf Highwayman.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I liked Al Bundy running for Democratic Nomination for president.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Werner Brandeis as "The Man From D.A.R.P.A."

"There is so much you can tell of a person from their gait... "

Billy the Mountain fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 1, 2013

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Billy the Mountain posted:

Wener Brandeis as "The Man From D.A.R.P.A."

"There is so much you can tell of a person from their gait... "

Whenever I notice a surveillance camera, I change my gait because of him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hold everything, I forgot about K Uger on the Joint Chiefs.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Jane Lynch pops up as a White House reporter right in the beginning of Season 2, I believe.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
And that's Amy Adams who drives Josh, Toby, and Donna across Indiana in a soy-diesel truck.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Buane posted:

Jane Lynch pops up as a White House reporter right in the beginning of Season 2, I believe.

Yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRAGo1R6yQU

I still like John Locke as the replacement chairman of the joint chiefs.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Naet posted:

And that's Amy Adams who drives Josh, Toby, and Donna across Indiana in a soy-diesel truck.

No loving way.

e: Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Also

Caufman
May 7, 2007
God drat, 10 years later and he's still awkward around women.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Caufman posted:

God drat, 10 years later and he's still awkward around women.

At least he doesn't still have that hair.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

I noticed this immediately when I started watching the newsroom. My parents marveled at my powers of recognition.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

BrooklynBruiser posted:

At least he doesn't still have that hair.

It's a mild improvement.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yeah, he still has a strong bitchface.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
If we're throwing recognisable faces around Jim Beaver was another of the reporter squad for a while, he's the one who presses CJ enough for her to stumble right into "The President is relieved to be fighting wars" (* <- insert correct wording there*) which has her on the point of leaving during the re-election campaign.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
Also, Connie of Bruno's Duo of Largely Forgettable Campaign Advisers was played by Connie "Mrs. Coach" Britton.

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

Fazana posted:

If we're throwing recognisable faces around Jim Beaver was another of the reporter squad for a while, he's the one who presses CJ enough for her to stumble right into "The President is relieved to be fighting wars" (* <- insert correct wording there*) which has her on the point of leaving during the re-election campaign.

"Relieved to be doing something that matters", I think. I forget what else they keep asking about - the MS?

Edit: The father from Boy Meets World is one of Vinnic's campaign managers (I think...) and the other is Jill from Home Improvement.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Finished S6 last night...the Election arc really saves the show at this point. Still not really happy about Leo or Toby's character arcs, but the campaigning distracts from it enough.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Maud Moonshine posted:

"Relieved to be doing something that matters", I think. I forget what else they keep asking about - the MS?

Yeah the media was all over the MS and something international broke. That scene is probably one of TV's best "oh poo poo" moments.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maud Moonshine posted:

Edit: The father from Boy Meets World is one of Vinnic's campaign managers (I think...) and the other is Jill from Home Improvement.

Yeah and Stephen Root (Jimmy James) of Newsradio.

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance

The Warszawa posted:

Also, Connie of Bruno's Duo of Largely Forgettable Campaign Advisers was played by Connie "Mrs. Coach" Britton.

She'll always be Nikki from Spin City to me.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
And who can forget Christopher Lloyd as Lawrence Lessig?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of I just saw Josh Lyman as a crazy volcano killing man something from a very average episode of the X-Files.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

LordPants posted:

Speaking of I just saw Josh Lyman as a crazy volcano killing man something from a very average episode of the X-Files.

Josh really let himself go after leaving the White House to work at that cabin in the woods.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah the media was all over the MS and something international broke. That scene is probably one of TV's best "oh poo poo" moments.

The MS announcement came just as a coup was breaking out in Haiti, and the leader-in-exile was being let into the U.S. embassy, and Haitian troops were trying to stop U.S. diplomatic staff from leaving the country (at one point, Marines end up shooting Haitian soldiers who are approaching a U.S. plane in Haiti), and there were questions about U.S. response, up to and including invasion to depose the military government.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Warszawa posted:

The MS announcement came just as a coup was breaking out in Haiti, and the leader-in-exile was being let into the U.S. embassy, and Haitian troops were trying to stop U.S. diplomatic staff from leaving the country (at one point, Marines end up shooting Haitian soldiers who are approaching a U.S. plane in Haiti), and there were questions about U.S. response, up to and including invasion to depose the military government.

So obviously it's time for the media to concentrate on the president's health!

Like today, where the one important thing about the G20 is how far physically Obama and Putin are from each others and whether they're looking at each others or passing notes or whatever.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

So obviously it's time for the media to concentrate on the president's health!

Like today, where the one important thing about the G20 is how far physically Obama and Putin are from each others and whether they're looking at each others or passing notes or whatever.

It's 2013, they're totally Snapchatting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Just thought you guys would like to know that CJ's doing The Jackal tonight.

Josh Lyman posted:

Jed was right about one thing: New Hampshire maple syrup is better than Vermont's.

Wrong. Mods please ban for trolling.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Joementum posted:

Pointless watching if Richard Schiff isn't there to react to it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo Arsenio Hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Joementum posted:

You know you're a true fan when instead of just thinking the "Jackal" scene was dumb, you think there must be something wrong with you because you think it was dumb.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me what was so great about it, but I am willing to accept that I'm culturally inferior and just don't get it.

• Locked thread