Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

prefect posted:

I remember there was an issue of "What The" where Todd McFarlane did the Batman origin scene, but with a baseball coming through the window instead. (So our hero decides to run around with a baseball bat.) I can't find a scan of it, though. :doom:

In Dial H, there's a character with an almost identical backstory to Batman, only he settled on Open Window Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

prefect posted:

I remember there was an issue of "What The" where Todd McFarlane did the Batman origin scene, but with a baseball coming through the window instead. (So our hero decides to run around with a baseball bat.) I can't find a scan of it, though. :doom:

I could have sworn there was a feature in Cracked magazine back in 89 when the Tim Burton movie came out with the exact same idea.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Don't forget this treatment by Jay Pinkerton, of newspaper Spider-Man comic edit fame.

http://jaypinkerton.com/2005/01/05/batman-origin-comics/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone got the parody where a woman crashes through his window, so he becomes Woman-Man (with his sidekick Girl-Boy)?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Superior Foes of Spider-Man #3 - Mach VII drags Boomerang to AA for supervillains featuring the sad story of Mirage and group hugs.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
I find it crazy that one of the best books of the Summer is called "Superior Foes of Spiderman".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Two questions: first, is that "AA for supervillains" in the sense that it's for supervillains with drinking problems, or is it just Antagonists Anonymous?

Second, is that Doctor loving Bong?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Phy posted:

Two questions: first, is that "AA for supervillains" in the sense that it's for supervillains with drinking problems, or is it just Antagonists Anonymous?

Second, is that Doctor loving Bong?

1.) The latter.

2.) Yes.

I'm actually not quite sure who all the other dudes there are besides him, Mirage (by virtue of his story) and Hippo from Sinister Spider-Man which is pulling really drat deep.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Suben posted:

I'm actually not quite sure who all the other dudes there are besides him, Mirage (by virtue of his story) and Hippo from Sinister Spider-Man which is pulling really drat deep.

I'm guessing Hippo has a prosthetic arm, since Venom ate one of the real ones?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Suben posted:

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #3 - Mach VII drags Boomerang to AA for supervillains featuring the sad story of Mirage and group hugs.

Man, gently caress them so much for getting there first and taking a "Bob had hippo tits" Ruin The Moment away from me :mad:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Suben posted:

You'd need counseling too if you were created by a disturbingly horny High Evolutionary.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I notice Dr. Bong in that huddle so I assume leads the group as he's got a Phd. in psychology.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Suben posted:

1.) The latter.

2.) Yes.

I see Porcupine in the very back.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I see Porcupine in the very back.

And Charlie Chainsaw right in front of him, the exact two people you'd want in a group hug. :haw:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

When I read the scene, I thought that the guy with the green sweater and the messed up teeth was Armless Tiger Man since he does look like him.
I had to convince myself I was mistaken on the basis

1) He has arms.
2) Armless Tiger Man is dead. In fact he was one of Hades champions in the Incredible Hercules storyline about going into Hades. (which says a lot when you've got to use Obidiah Stane and Armless Tiger Man as your dead villain champions.)

I can't decide if the best part of Superior Foes #3 is Beetle flying by Boomerang's cell holding up a "LOL" sign, Fred describing Mark VII's costume as "looking like a product your girlfriend would swear she doesn't own" or seeing a condom fall out of Beetle's boot.

Loser
Jan 18, 2003

prefect posted:

Here you go. What The?! #3.

(My host)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I thought I was ready for page 2

I WASN'T READY FOR PAGE 2!

The baseball pennant batsymbol is the best part

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Loser posted:

(My host)

The Diamond Detective!

Also, in The Justice Society Returns Hourman does a quick riff on the Batman origin story describing how a clock thrown through a window inspired him to fight crime.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is a gift that keeps on giving. "Park Knight."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Loser posted:

(My host)

Hey, thanks! :tipshat:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Achernar posted:

The Diamond Detective!

The Crusader of Clout! The Great Bat-bino!

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

I thought I was ready for page 2

I WASN'T READY FOR PAGE 2!

The baseball pennant batsymbol is the best part

Not the "bat-ears"?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

Anyone got the parody where a woman crashes through his window, so he becomes Woman-Man (with his sidekick Girl-Boy)?

I do! I didn't know where it was from, but Google suggests that it is from L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #5:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
LEGION Annual #5 was a collection of tiny Elseworlds, so that sounds right.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Killer robot posted:

I do! I didn't know where it was from, but Google suggests that it is from L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #5:

See that's a Batman analogue I can believe stayed a rumor for a decade.

"Hey Joey what happened to dat big score and why's it look like somebody kicked you in da face wid heels on?"

"I don't wanna talk about it Tony."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Whoawhoawhoawaitholdthephonehere...Penciller: Dick Sprang? drat!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just want to know what all of Woman-Man's gear would look like. I mean, Batman shapes boomerangs/throwing stars/jets on a bat motif, how would you do that with just the theme of "woman"? Man, I bet it would be fantastic :allears:.

Content: Black Bolt's brother Maximus is hanging out in the Baxter Building (he's not supposed to be there) and gets loose. HERBIEs are not good at their jobs.

FF #11

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TwoPair posted:

I just want to know what all of Woman-Man's gear would look like. I mean, Batman shapes boomerangs/throwing stars/jets on a bat motif, how would you do that with just the theme of "woman"? Man, I bet it would be fantastic :allears:.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Killer robot posted:

For a second I thought that was Storm busting in through his window.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm going to assume the "oontz" noise 909 was making was him singing a techno song to himself...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Content: Black Bolt's brother Maximus is hanging out in the Baxter Building (he's not supposed to be there) and gets loose. HERBIEs are not good at their jobs.

FF #11

Did...did a herbie just quote Jay-Z?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I love that sort of silliness. A Herbie strollin' down the hall in a sash and going "Oontz Oontz" is great.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gatts posted:

I love that sort of silliness. A Herbie strollin' down the hall in a sash and going "Oontz Oontz" is great.

The scene in a previous issue where they were discussing Daft Punk was great too

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Doom-Herbies are superior because of their capes and their random inter stitching of Doom quotes in their dialogue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just like that 909 gets wacky Mickey Mouse gloves as part of his Hall Monitor suit.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
The part of HERBIE will be played by ClapTrap.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Gatts posted:

Whoawhoawhoawaitholdthephonehere...Penciller: Dick Sprang? drat!

If that isn't enough then get a load of this: Artist of the What The-!? Baseball-Bat-Batman? Todd McFarlane.

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
Alternate Batman origin stories eh?

(Batman v1. #256)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Owlman? Pfft, like anything would ever come of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I love the Iron Knight costume. Like Bruce is standing there thinking "poo poo, I should've told Alfred to oil up the joints on this drat thing a little..."

• Locked thread