Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PRL412 posted:

From the new ALOD:

It's a whale in a giant robot suit. I don't care how impossible it is because of the whale's own bodymass, that's just bad-rear end! Whalers will never see it coming. Until it's far, far too late :unsmigghh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

ColHannibal posted:

Science fact! The reason beached whales die is the weight of their own body crushes them when they are not under water.

Then how the gently caress is your mom still alive?

Desideratus has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Sep 6, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh. Oh my god. I followed the site link in the corner of the image out of curiosity and there's animated shorts :magical:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyPNnQ5fqU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Angela Christine posted:

Wow, that whale would be super uncomfortable. Even if the mech constantly mists it with sea water, still super uncomfortable. :(

That's what makes it such an efficient killing machine.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Desideratus posted:

Then how the gently caress is your mom still alive?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh. Oh my god. I followed the site link in the corner of the image out of curiosity and there's animated shorts :magical:.

Okay, now that I know why there is a mechwhale it makes even less sense. :psyduck: If you can build a whale sized mech to fight aliens, there is no reason at all that a human couldn't drive it. In fact humans would be better, because they wouldn't be weighing it down with thousands of pounds of useless meat, and could use all that freed up cargo space to carry more ammo. I mean . . . I don't . . . what? :psypop:

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think you "get" Mechawhales.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Angela Christine posted:

Okay, now that I know why there is a mechwhale it makes even less sense. :psyduck: If you can build a whale sized mech to fight aliens, there is no reason at all that a human couldn't drive it. In fact humans would be better, because they wouldn't be weighing it down with thousands of pounds of useless meat, and could use all that freed up cargo space to carry more ammo. I mean . . . I don't . . . what? :psypop:

Package says: You must be this high to enjoy this product. There is a picture of Cheech and Chung.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

VanSandman posted:

Package says: You must be this high to enjoy this product. There is a picture of Cheech and Chung.

Connie Chung?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

VanSandman posted:

Man, that's really stonerist, like, check your privilege.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

They tied the front legs up but those back legs are in prime kick-you-in-the-face position. :ohdear:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah but then what would they do with the whale?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Angela Christine posted:

You're talking about people who designed combat shields that easily tip over and pin the people they were supposed to protect.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What they didn't mention is that this is the future of the Dishonored universe. The mechs are powered by whale oil.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

It specifically mentions psychic whales evolved. Maybe the suits are controlled psychically, so only the whales can use it.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That doesn't hold a candle to JetSnail, and that one's only twelve seconds long.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GruntyThrst posted:

It specifically mentions psychic whales evolved. Maybe the suits are controlled psychically, so only the whales can use it.

I love that the backstory is that the whales evolved planet-scaled psychic powers so they could bond with the entire human race at once and use their empathy to heal the Earth, but when aliens appear they're suddenly all OO-RAH! GIMME DAT ROCKET LAUNCHER! HELMETS ARE FOR WIMPS!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ak Gara posted:

They tied the front legs up but those back legs are in prime kick-you-in-the-face position. :ohdear:

I'm almost afraid to ask what the hell they're doing to the horse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PainterofCrap posted:

All the fillies love a good Brazilian wax.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PainterofCrap posted:

Horses don't need to be put under to be castrated.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be a commentary on the unnaturalness of the lithotomy position?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Portals posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be a commentary on the unnaturalness of the lithotomy position?

Perhaps, but when you search "horse surgery" some of the positions are drat...

This one looks fairly comfortable compared to what came up. I assumed castration, but as noted, I don't think they do that under general, and not on critters that old.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

Man, that's really stonerist, like, check your privilege.

Yo, man, what if instead of us checking our privilege... our privilege checks us? Makes you think, man.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Seconding this. I teach history at a major university and last semester I had a student (who was failing anyway) draw a picture of Mr. Potatohead for an answer on the final. I wish I'd taken a picture.

I drew a cat for an answer on a senior level heat transfer (engineering) class. I ended up with 1/20 points.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

These are great!

Part II: Venegance of the Mechawhales

Part III: Triumph of the Mechawhales

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

She's visiting her equineacologist.

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Yay, election season in Germany.

Somebody keeps putting googly eyes on the election posters in Potsdam.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Knormal posted:

She's visiting her equineacologist.

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alternative pants posted:

What they didn't mention is that this is the future of the Dishonored universe. The mechs are powered by whale oil.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Wait wait wait, the guy also designed a four armed ninja killer whale, and that's not the one he makes first? This guy does not understand the internet.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
What about if you put them on the moon? Would the decreased gravity help?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

At least we know the whales win in the end!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CobiWann posted:

At least we know the whales win in the end!

Unlike in real life. :smug:

Hairless bipedal apes: 1
Giant peaceful sea-going mammals: 0

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

AltoidsAddict posted:

There are whalers on the moon that are always carrying harpoons that would instantly stop telling their tall tales and singing whaling tunes as soon as the whales landed.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PRL412 posted:

From the new ALOD:

I never knew how much I wanted ZooFights action figures until now.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

AltoidsAddict posted:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AltoidsAddict posted:

Doesn't look like it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gyges posted:

Doesn't look like it.

That's a dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~