Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

EightBit posted:

I, uh, really need this all of a sudden.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=43779414

That's hilarious. Sadly no interior shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Motronic posted:

Something like a retard laying on a floor mat crawling under it with no support other than a hydraulic jack?

What the hell kind of amateur place is this?
In his defense, he was just looking at something with a flashlight, he was under there for like 20 seconds. And he didn't do that to the plate.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ultimateforce posted:

I like the posts on Facebook saying "CHOOSE YOUR CAR!!" for this photo.

Yes, I love sawing the steering wheel back and forth and not getting out of second gear in my brand new GTR. How exciting.

Yep, that looks like a horribly boring and unchallenging bit of road.

This is where it's at:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Q_res posted:

It's a 50s Ferrari, past that I really couldn't say.

It looks like it shares the grille/headlight setup from a 166S or a 212. Either way, it's awesome.

Tusen Takk posted:

I just saw this on imgur and thought it was pretty awesome. I wonder what those things are like to drive...

I often wonder the same thing, and I imagine the driving experience to be one of purity. I'd give a lot to drive one.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

I just saw this on imgur and thought it was pretty awesome. I wonder what those things are like to drive...

The non-photoshopped one is a better photo.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

ultimateforce posted:

I like the posts on Facebook saying "CHOOSE YOUR CAR!!" for this photo.

Yes, I love sawing the steering wheel back and forth and not getting out of second gear in my brand new GTR. How exciting.

I see you are also a fan of autocross.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Went by the local awesomeshop again today. Numerous awesome things.

Austin Healey 3000 with something going on with it.

This is near Vergennes, Vermont, right? I used to drive by somewhat regularly.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Saw this gorgeous fastback Mustang on the way to work this morning.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Jealous Cow posted:

This is where it's at:

All those switchbacks would suck.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

This looks like a pretty good supermotard road.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Jealous Cow posted:

This is where it's at:

Where is this?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

BlackMK4 posted:

Bitch, please. Beartooth Highway! :rock:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

As found on BringATrailer and eBay, posting it here instead of CL Gold because this thing is loving amazing.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

IOwnCalculus posted:

As found on BringATrailer and eBay, posting it here instead of CL Gold because this thing is loving amazing.

Excuse me a moment, I need to change my pants.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mooseykins posted:

Where is this?

The Transfăgărășan in Romania.

Good luck pronouncing it.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

IOwnCalculus posted:

That intercooler placement is pretty clever, didn't notice it wasn't a grill for a few seconds while I :catstare:'ed over the engine bay.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

GramCracker posted:

It looks like it shares the grille/headlight setup from a 166S or a 212. Either way, it's awesome.

I often wonder the same thing, and I imagine the driving experience to be one of purity. I'd give a lot to drive one.

You can buy one (sorta)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

EightBit posted:

That intercooler placement is pretty clever, didn't notice it wasn't a grill for a few seconds while I :catstare:'ed over the engine bay.

:aaaaa: I didn't even see the turbo until you said that.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Jealous Cow posted:

The Transfăgărășan in Romania.

Good luck pronouncing it.

Ah, i know where you mean. Trans-fagah-rashan. :)

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

quote:

The tires really make the car, they are real Dunlop vintage racing tires. They are a medium soft compound, CR65 tread pattern and bias ply. These tires are not DOT legal and they act like very soft bias ply tires which means they flat spot as soon as you park the car and they will follow rain grooves in the freeway. The rears are also a tiny bit too wide and they will rub in corners . But just look at them, right?

Best way to die :allears:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sudo Echo posted:

Best way to die :allears:

Cars that are completely composed all the time are boring :v:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Why do they go through all that effort to modernize it and then use those awful tires?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

rscott posted:

Why do they go through all that effort to modernize it and then use those awful tires?

Because:

BlackMK4 posted:

Cars that are completely composed all the time are boring :v:

If it isn't constantly trying to kill you, it's a Toyota Camry.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

rscott posted:

Yeah that seems retarded to me. Having a sweet-driving car with borderline-useless tyres isn't my idea of fun or purity.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alarbus posted:

This is near Vergennes, Vermont, right? I used to drive by somewhat regularly.
Yeah. Very appealing little place. A nondescript barn by the side of the road, like dozens of others in that farmland area. But inside they got all the awesomest poo poo. I wanna work there and stick my head under vintage British cars held up only by hydraulic jacks some day.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Slavvy posted:

Yeah that seems retarded to me. Having a sweet-driving car with borderline-useless tyres isn't my idea of fun or purity.

Because they look goddamned awesome.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So this showed up to our track event:

Washington historic collector's plates so...I assume it was real? It sounded like someone opened up the pits of hell when it started up.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There's replicas out there that are such high quality that they might as well be the real deal. Replica in the true sense, not like most kit cars.

These two were at the Carlisle import and kit car nationals this year. Sorry for the poo poo quality, my camera I had with me was pretty low quality.

The Ferrari sounded ungodly, I was there when they pulled it in. Sadly, I missed the Porsche :smith:

This other Ferrari and Porsche missed the mark. This Porsche is hilarious like a cartoon and still cool, the Ferrari is what is wrong with kit cars in a nutshell.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Is that a fiat engine?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

kmcormick9 posted:

Is that a fiat engine?

It does look like a 2L Fiat twin-cam.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Pretty sure it was. Mounted behind the rear axle. It was weird as gently caress.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I Put a 400 small block in my 54 so I didn't have to modify the car to much. This is pretty wild but I love the grill on the 54 and this not having it kinda kills it for me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I was doing some googling and came across this: http://www.glickenhaus.com/jim/project.pdf

It's a 128 page PDF that Glickenhaus put together for is 330 P4. I live for poo poo like that, old Ferrari history. :allears::flashfap:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Sorry if this is a repost but you don't see these go up for sale very often.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...#ht_2753wt_1182

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Imagine being able to PayPal $1,000,000 on a whim. :allears:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
A million dollar car and they can only take 3 lovely pictures?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

rscott posted:

A million dollar car and they can only take 3 lovely pictures?

My thoughts exactly.

"Nah, it's totally real bro! What? More pictures? No, sorry."

Also, those power/speed figures seem high to me. Am I just that unfamiliar with the 959?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My thoughts exactly.

"Nah, it's totally real bro! What? More pictures? No, sorry."

Also, those power/speed figures seem high to me. Am I just that unfamiliar with the 959?
It says "Canepa" against it, which indicates it's been tuned by Canepa Design. If that's true, then yes, those numbers are perfectly reasonable.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Phone number goes to an Audio Video Harmony in La Jolla, California. Seems slightly odd, but could just be the guy who owns the store has actually made himself a fair chunk and is trying to sell the vehicle himself instead of using a dealer? You'd think you'd put it up for auction at... well, an actual rare/exotic car auction and not ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Aureus posted:

Phone number goes to an Audio Video Harmony in La Jolla, California. Seems slightly odd, but could just be the guy who owns the store has actually made himself a fair chunk and is trying to sell the vehicle himself instead of using a dealer? You'd think you'd put it up for auction at... well, an actual rare/exotic car auction and not ebay.

The point is to draw attention to the car. Anyone paying that kind of money can afford to fly out and look at the thing in person with a tech.