Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

If you don't turn ad block off until you actually need it you're terrible.

If you are going to adblock just torrent the thing anyway and save them the bandwidth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
You could just not use adblock as ads are why we can have free content legally.

edit: Yeah, what he said ^^^

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shadow0 posted:

You could just not use adblock as ads are why we can have free content legally.

edit: Yeah, what he said ^^^

Tell that to Hulu Plus...

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I've been burned by malware-infected ads too often. I'd rather pay a subscription than put my computer at risk by exposing it to ads.

Edit: Not that this situation applies directly to me anyway since neither Hulu nor Funimation stream their content to Australia.

jassa fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 3, 2013

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Oh goody, gas chambers.
We have seen the swordsmen cut through these doors like they were nothing, even commenting on how easy it is, yet cornering them all in a room is the new plan? Why not have just shut all the shutters ahead of time if suddenly they can be used to contain them? And if your plan involves forcing everyone into a room, you could kill them any thousands of different ways and it doesn't take a genius. I don't really understand why having to kill everyone with the gas is required to prove how great the gas is. I think the people that were caught in the first wave was proof enough, I'm surprised people are still watching the broadcast. I guess I'm just sick of the whole thing with the gas. Everything else is fairly entertaining at least.

Also, a thought occurred - if every single person on this thread (except me) has read the manga, do we really need new episode spoiler tags?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Shadow0 posted:

Also, a thought occurred - if every single person on this thread (except me) has read the manga, do we really need new episode spoiler tags?

Thems the rules. I think it's dumb to require spoiler tags for the most recent episode in the discussion thread for that show but oh well.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Shadow0 posted:

Oh goody, gas chambers.
We have seen the swordsmen cut through these doors like they were nothing, even commenting on how easy it is, yet cornering them all in a room is the new plan? Why not have just shut all the shutters ahead of time if suddenly they can be used to contain them? And if your plan involves forcing everyone into a room, you could kill them any thousands of different ways and it doesn't take a genius. I don't really understand why having to kill everyone with the gas is required to prove how great the gas is. I think the people that were caught in the first wave was proof enough, I'm surprised people are still watching the broadcast. I guess I'm just sick of the whole thing with the gas. Everything else is fairly entertaining at least.

I assume he wants to demonstrate its ability to kill actually threatening people and not just the navy grunts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

Thems the rules. I think it's dumb to require spoiler tags for the most recent episode in the discussion thread for that show but oh well.

Yeah, ideally the first person to bring it up should just go NEW EPISODE. If youre jumping to the end of the thread randomly thats your own fault.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes posted:

I assume he wants to demonstrate its ability to kill actually threatening people and not just the navy grunts.

Oh.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense; I hate the gas thing significantly less now. I guess I am curious to see if it could kill a logia, especially a smoke one like Smoker.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shadow0 posted:

Oh.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense; I hate the gas thing significantly less now. I guess I am curious to see if it could kill a logia, especially a smoke one like Smoker.

A fight between Smoker and Cesar would be cool except Smoker has haki.

I also want to see Blackbeard vs Kizaru.

My dream One Piece fight is Buggy vs Law vs Very Good. Everyone's in pieces but nobody knows who did it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

My dream One Piece fight is Buggy vs Law vs Very Good. Everyone's in pieces but nobody knows who did it.

I always thought it was cool that Luffy was immune to bludgeoning, but vulnerable to slicing, while Buggy was immune to slicing, but vulnerable to bludgeoning. I think they make a good dichotomy or whatever. Though I suppose there are an infinite other varieties of damage.

Also, I was looking forward to Zoro vs Tashigi, but not anymore. I can't imagine her even beating the samurai. I could see her probably beating Brook though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shadow0 posted:

I always thought it was cool that Luffy was immune to bludgeoning, but vulnerable to slicing, while Buggy was immune to slicing, but vulnerable to bludgeoning. I think they make a good dichotomy or whatever. Though I suppose there are an infinite other varieties of damage.

It was also neat cause at Marineford you saw Luffy just being completely hopeless against Mihawk while Buggy wasn't afraid of him at all (until he actually tried to fight at least).

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

The cool thing about Buggy is just how ridiculously good/useful his DF is. He is just so inept he doesn't use it to its fullest potential. He is impeccably well equipped to fight (and beat!) multiple high-lever characters but he never will. Tis a real shame.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Crazyeyes posted:

The cool thing about Buggy is just how ridiculously good/useful his DF is. He is just so inept he doesn't use it to its fullest potential. He is impeccably well equipped to fight (and beat!) multiple high-lever characters but he never will. Tis a real shame.

That guy's best bros with Shanks and Luffy and led an escape from Impel Down. No way is he inept.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, Buggy's one of my favorites. I like watching him stumble into success. He's like a successful Fake Luffy, covering for his lack of skill through various means, but far more likable. Also he's funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also he's a loving PIGTAILED PIRATE CLOWN. A combination that would be considered monkey-cheese levels of stupid, but Oda makes it work in the most glorious of ways.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Abitha Denton posted:

That guy's best bros with Shanks and Luffy and led an escape from Impel Down. No way is he inept.

He is best bros with Shanks and Luffy in the same way a mentally disabled man is best bros with the people who hang around him purely because they find him funny and laugh at him.

He also accidentally broke out with Luffy. He wasn't exactly instrumental in the plan to get out (there was no plan). Shanks finds him amusing because of how non-threatening he is.

I also like to think he is a lot more than he lets on, though. If he isn't he is just so depressing. He did, after all, serve under Rodgers. He may even have some haki-skills unseen yet. You just know his pirate crew are gonna turn up again later down the road. Possibly around a Shanks-Luffy confrontation.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I always got the impression that Shanks genuinely likes Buggy. He did ask him to join his crew way back.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

I always got the impression that Shanks genuinely likes Buggy. He did ask him to join his crew way back.

Just because Shanks likes him doesn't mean he respects him as a pirate. Then again I suppose Shanks, being a Yonko, wouldn't respect most pirates as pirates.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I don't understand how Buggy can make his fruit dangerous?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I think it's less that he's not doing certain things with the fruit that he could be doing (since most of what I've seen of that is entirely speculatory stuff like splitting himself sub-atomically) and more that people achieve more with less useful fruits and that basically it's Buggy himself being kind of cowardly and not particularly physically strong or ambitious that's the issue. His powers make him really difficult to attack and injure and allows him a lot of flexibility and versatility, but he's still just some clown (literally) bumbling through life rather than reaching out and taking whatever he can the way people like Luffy are.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Just the fact that hes literally immune to swords makes it decent enough.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Also, he can split his body into any number of pieces and fly around the area. The living legend, the Great Captain Buggy, is pretty OP.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 6, 2013

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

tsob posted:

I think it's less that he's not doing certain things with the fruit that he could be doing (since most of what I've seen of that is entirely speculatory stuff like splitting himself sub-atomically) and more that people achieve more with less useful fruits and that basically it's Buggy himself being kind of cowardly and not particularly physically strong or ambitious that's the issue. His powers make him really difficult to attack and injure and allows him a lot of flexibility and versatility, but he's still just some clown (literally) bumbling through life rather than reaching out and taking whatever he can the way people like Luffy are.

We have also seen that he is capable of flying/making body parts hover in mid-air. He could theoretically break himself down into molecular levels and reconfigure I'm another place (or let things pass through him unharmed). I'm fact, i suppose he could just remove his delicate organs/nervous system and hide them while still being able to function (Law could do this too). He is well suited to fighting both mihawk and doflamingo, two of the top-level characters in the entire show (or anyone with a sword). Even haki users would (could) be ineffective in hurting him in theory. He now has a fairly expansive crew of unknown strength, and he had little to no fear of Shanks or Luffy, two other big names in the pirate world.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes posted:

He could theoretically break himself down into molecular levels

Could Buggy be a nuclear bomb in waiting?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Could Buggy be a nuclear bomb in waiting?

I was thinking more "reconstruct inside someone and make them explode"... but that works too. I think breaking himself down to an ~atomic~ level would be a little too much (not to mention the need for uranium in his body (Hydrogen bombs are poo poo) :science:

He could very certainly be a metaphoric "nuke" in the sense of being a truly incredible threat just waiting to unleash.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
His splitting power makes him potentially logia-level untouchable. More actually, if he trained his reflexes enough to chop chop escape from attacks. Like this

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

His splitting power makes him potentially logia-level untouchable. More actually, if he trained his reflexes enough to chop chop escape from attacks. Like this

Yes and he is immune to conqueror's haki, as evidenced by his staying upright when Shanks or Whitebeard or Luffy use their shockwave-haki. This means he is even more difficult to hit as haki doesn't even really work on him in any of its forms if he is quick enough.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Prison Warden posted:

I'm still waiting for this exact game, starring Law. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Momomo posted:

I'm still waiting for this exact game, starring Law. :colbert:
Look, I can handle Oda's level of craziness fine on its own. We don't need to add Kojima's level of madness to the mix as well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Some cool stuff, lots of 2 second catch up though. Smoker's elbow was pretty cool.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

New Episode is up. Some cool stuff, lots of 2 second catch up though. Smoker's elbow was pretty cool.

Smoker has some of the coolest fight scenes.

Also, I'm really enjoying listening to the samurai (samurais?) speak.

Robin gets stabbed by two colossal ice picks in the back and the result of this is she just falls over otherwise unharmed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Shadow0 posted:

Robin gets stabbed by two colossal ice picks in the back and the result of this is she just falls over otherwise unharmed.

People have been getting slashed with swords and not bleeding for the entire length of the show. I think Zoro uses the flat of the blade or something but it's not like everybody else does.

This is also why Buggy isn't actually secret-OP, his power is completely redundant with the universal plot armor. :v:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

People have been getting slashed with swords and not bleeding for the entire length of the show. I think Zoro uses the flat of the blade or something but it's not like everybody else does.

This is also why Buggy isn't actually secret-OP, his power is completely redundant with the universal plot armor. :v:

Buggy is super fast and every slash in the show he is taking the hit and not bleeding. Thus: he IS the plot armor.

Checkmate. :dukedog:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDalB3mNlzo

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

I hate Franky's English VA.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." And unless my YouTube-trawling has failed me, I don't think there are any mirrors?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crazyeyes posted:

I hate Franky's English VA.

It's good, as long as you haven't heard him in Japanese. Sorry, but America just doesn't sound as good in English as it does in Japanese. We can't actually do such awesome things with the 'r' sound, just ask any Spanish speaker.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Gyges posted:

It's good, as long as you haven't heard him in Japanese. Sorry, but America just doesn't sound as good in English as it does in Japanese. We can't actually do such awesome things with the 'r' sound, just ask any Spanish speaker.

Nobody will ever be Kazuki Yao, but I'm personally big fan of the English voice. I heard it years back though, when One Piece: Unlimited Adventure came out. He's got a good mix between his normal Franky and his crying manly moved Franky. But I'm also biased because I want to like the dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

StevenM posted:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." And unless my YouTube-trawling has failed me, I don't think there are any mirrors?

I think if Funimation had their way it would be illegal to even know anime exists, unless you are a yankee.