Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Imazul posted:

I regret not making mine purple but I only have one shade of purple(for now) :(

Red+Blue does = purple, but mine's only that vibrant because of a jealously guarded pot of 15-year-old citadel Purple Ink. it's magical (very vibrant, very heavily pigmented), and I will be devastated when I run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

How are you doing those tiny bottles? beads?

Yep, beads & PVA glue. I bought 2 bags of mixed color glass beads (one medium, one small), a few tubes of small metal beads, and I went to town. The ones being held are painted, and the ones on the diorama aren't.

The original tutorial is here. I crib a lot of his ideas.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

Yep, beads & PVA glue. I bought 2 bags of mixed color glass beads (one medium, one small), a few tubes of small metal beads, and I went to town. The ones being held are painted, and the ones on the diorama aren't.

The original tutorial is here. I crib a lot of his ideas.

:tviv: pro-click zone right there, that's some great stuff I would never have thought of. Thanks a bundle =D

Also, dude is crazy, loving turning bottles and vases out of dowels using a power drill as a lathe, goddamn that's dedication.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

Thanks a bundle =D

Haha, no worries. I found links to his stuff after browsing around the Hirst Arts message board a few years back, during one of their design derbies. If you want your mind blown, go check out some of the tiny houses and castles that people make for their tiny mans. :3:

Like so:

http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/3010/Aba39s-Alchemist-Shop-finally-finished#.Uie7Dxs4sWs

Obviously not a lot of it is super applicable to Bones, but some of it is usable for basing and modding.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

I've found the softness really variable actually. Some of my thinnest swords are pretty stiff, but Kaladrax's heady is outright bendy all over, as is his tail spike, and those are some of the largest parts. They're just made out of a completely different material.

Not a different material, just different amounts of plasticizer. Plasticizers are used to make the material more pliable. A certain amount is needed to keep the Bones figures from being too brittle and hard to work with. In theory, they can use this to make different parts as hard or flexible as they need to be. In practice, at least during this huge run, some pieces were made with too much or too little. If you have a part that's too bendable to work with (say, a dragon's leg or somesuch), then you can call 'em up for a replacement part. Or, if you prefer not to wait, you can pin it to keep it straight.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

krushgroove posted:

Finally finished reading this thread, off and on, since I got my tracking number info a couple of weeks ago.

I may be the winner of 'the last person to get their Bones', or at least the last goon to get theirs, as my shipment has been sitting with the UK's Her Majesty's Customs & Excise since last Friday. Hopefully I don't have to pay any Customs fees, but who knows!

Crawling out from wedding stresses (note, having the hotel's wedding coordinator leave 2 months before your wedding is not a good thing!) i'm also still waiting on mine.

After parcelforce proved entirely useless, I got hold of HMRC (who also go out of their way to make things difficult).

If you're still waiting and your tracker has updated to 'Awaiting clearance - information needed from addressee' then your package has been seized for investigation by HMRC. This being due to them having small packages of single boxes labelled at $100 and multiple boxes labelled at $100 and correctly surmising that Reaper had under valued many of their shipments.

HMRC have supposedly sent out letters on this to everyone affected but a week later and I've not heard anything. On phoning again I got a sort of coherent answer on what has to be done, albeit it's going to be hit and miss if they'll accept it.

You need to fax (!) an invoice to 02476212812. This is the UK Border Agency stores. Make sure to include the tracking number, dates etc. and what you've ordered. The problem with this is that there was no invoice and they may or may not (the person I spoke to today said exactly that) accept the pledge manager confirmation (which also doesn't include shipping, or discounts for not having sophie etc.). This is then compounded by the pledge manager confirmation not including shipping or the discount for Sophie etc.

They did say that there have been a number of reaper packages seized and they've been flagged for under-declaring, so it'll probably cause some delays with their next Kickstarter, assuming they open it up outside North America.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Have you tried asking Reaper to supply you a proper invoice?

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

JackMann posted:

Not a different material, just different amounts of plasticizer. Plasticizers are used to make the material more pliable. A certain amount is needed to keep the Bones figures from being too brittle and hard to work with. In theory, they can use this to make different parts as hard or flexible as they need to be. In practice, at least during this huge run, some pieces were made with too much or too little. If you have a part that's too bendable to work with (say, a dragon's leg or somesuch), then you can call 'em up for a replacement part. Or, if you prefer not to wait, you can pin it to keep it straight.

I'm guessing that they intentionally used more plasticizers for certain complex molds such as Kaladrax's head with all its spiky whiskers and Cthulu's head with all its tentacles.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

That was rather what I thought. it won't affect structure in this case, but it will probably be more prone to pain flaking off.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Baby Sathanas posted:

Have you tried asking Reaper to supply you a proper invoice?

I did, they didn't send me that, however. Instead they sent the same $100 valuation they put in the package (which is what customs is disputing) and said this:

You paid $100 and voluntarily pledged the extra. That is what was declared and that is the value of what you ordered, regardless of what that product now retails for. Kickstarter is not a retail outlet or a normal retail purchase.

If your government does not conciser that valid, there's not much we can do about that.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Next month's Oath. :whatup:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Suddenly, bards are cool.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

You have to see if you can bend the tiefling's arm so he's throwing horns rather than casting a spell...

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Looking more closely he's almost certainly holding a microphone, but at first glance I was hyped for a maraca-mancer.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'd play a maraca-mancer.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
"And lo, there came a great booming from the heavens, that quelled the hearts of normal men, but caused a great uplifting to Xenaphor and his band of heroes: 'Art thou ready to rock?' the booming demanded. They looked to their hearts, then up spake Xenaphor: 'We are ready to rock!' And they were, and it was good." --Verses 18-20, Chapter 14, the Book of Metal.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Iris of Ether posted:

Next month's Oath. :whatup:

JackMann posted:

"And lo, there came a great booming from the heavens, that quelled the hearts of normal men, but caused a great uplifting to Xenaphor and his band of heroes: 'Art thou ready to rock?' the booming demanded. They looked to their hearts, then up spake Xenaphor: 'We are ready to rock!' And they were, and it was good." --Verses 18-20, Chapter 14, the Book of Metal.

:allears:

Wanna read about this party.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is that a bionic arm on the drummer? The drummer only has one arm?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Def Displacer Beast?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

moths posted:

Is that a bionic arm on the drummer? The drummer only has one arm?

I received him from Reaper with only one arm, so I decided to make him better. Stronger. Faster.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Which mini is the guy with the bionic arm? I recognize all the others but not that one.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

One of the goblins from the multi-goblin sprues in the dungeon assault set. The sword-and-shield one i think.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
Yeah, one of my goblins was arm-less, too. That was the only error in my order. I decided to keep him that way; it gives the goblin pack a little more variety.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

In mine, it was the PF Iconic with the fire bird familiar. I have some spare arms, if I ever get round to him, but the PF Iconics aren't high on my list for the most part.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
The goblin & my yuan-ti were the only things missing pieces. You've already seen the goblin, and I stole the throwing spears off of my bassist (axe woman?) to replace the missing bow & quiver off the snakeman. It dovetailed pretty nicely.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The PF iconic barbarian. I think it's a fullblade or similar.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

thespaceinvader posted:

The PF iconic barbarian. I think it's a fullblade or similar.

It's actually supposed to be a frost giant's sword. I can't remember if it's supposed to be a bastard sword or a two-handed sword, but either way.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
She had a sword before. She has an 'axe' now. :v:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anyone who emailed about missing parts heard back from them after their last KS update?
Its been weeks for me

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I can't be bothered getting mine done to be honest. I'm missing I think 3 bits out of the whole thing, and have about 10 extra models, three of them large or huge, to compensate. I ain't complaining on that score (though, having Mr Bones would have been nice).

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I probably wouldn't have bothered if it had been any of the normal minis, but the only mistakes in my kit were two of the giants I'd added on. Giants are my dragons, so those mistakes to me are, say, akin to kaladrax missing his head.

Haven't heard back anything from them yet, though, save for the boilerplate "We got your info, thanks!"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PST posted:

Crawling out from wedding stresses (note, having the hotel's wedding coordinator leave 2 months before your wedding is not a good thing!) i'm also still waiting on mine.

After parcelforce proved entirely useless, I got hold of HMRC (who also go out of their way to make things difficult).

If you're still waiting and your tracker has updated to 'Awaiting clearance - information needed from addressee' then your package has been seized for investigation by HMRC. This being due to them having small packages of single boxes labelled at $100 and multiple boxes labelled at $100 and correctly surmising that Reaper had under valued many of their shipments.

HMRC have supposedly sent out letters on this to everyone affected but a week later and I've not heard anything. On phoning again I got a sort of coherent answer on what has to be done, albeit it's going to be hit and miss if they'll accept it.

You need to fax (!) an invoice to 02476212812. This is the UK Border Agency stores. Make sure to include the tracking number, dates etc. and what you've ordered. The problem with this is that there was no invoice and they may or may not (the person I spoke to today said exactly that) accept the pledge manager confirmation (which also doesn't include shipping, or discounts for not having sophie etc.). This is then compounded by the pledge manager confirmation not including shipping or the discount for Sophie etc.

They did say that there have been a number of reaper packages seized and they've been flagged for under-declaring, so it'll probably cause some delays with their next Kickstarter, assuming they open it up outside North America.

Well this has been a ballache for sure - I've got a letter now from Border Force, but luckily I've got everything in Gmail so I can find my Kickstarter email from Reaper and the Amazon payments email really easily. Hopefully that's enough to let my parcel go, but now I've got to pay customs on a $202 order. I don't even know how much they'll want, I'll have to dig around online.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

krushgroove posted:

Well this has been a ballache for sure - I've got a letter now from Border Force, but luckily I've got everything in Gmail so I can find my Kickstarter email from Reaper and the Amazon payments email really easily. Hopefully that's enough to let my parcel go, but now I've got to pay customs on a $202 order. I don't even know how much they'll want, I'll have to dig around online.

I had to pay roughly the equivalent of 25 pound.

And thanks to the people reminding me to was the bones in warm water and soap. It didn't make it feel like painting a properly primed mini, but still a lot less annoying than straight out of the bag. Off to paint some spiders!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

lilljonas posted:

I had to pay roughly the equivalent of 25 pound.

Yeah I should have put it's £202, not $202 - I'm hoping to get away with under 50 quid but who knows. But I guess I've had plenty of things come in with no customs charges so it evens out eventually. Hopefully they're happy with printed-off emails.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just got an email that Reaper is sending out the missing parts for my kickstarter pledge. Looks like they're going to do it piecemeal, so instead of getting a whole giant, I'm just getting FistFace's face. Which is fair and expected, but still a bummer that FistFace won't be a thing. ;)

Anyhow, in case anyone was wondering, it looks like they're handling fixes now.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

Just got an email that Reaper is sending out the missing parts for my kickstarter pledge. Looks like they're going to do it piecemeal, so instead of getting a whole giant, I'm just getting FistFace's face. Which is fair and expected, but still a bummer that FistFace won't be a thing. ;)

Anyhow, in case anyone was wondering, it looks like they're handling fixes now.
Just eight bucks, and Fistface can still live.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

JackMann posted:

Just eight bucks, and Fistface can still live.

I think we should start up a collection...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, I'll still have the extra fist. I'll probably put it on a flying base as a spell effect for basically every Bigby's spell in the book.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
I'm still waiting on mine, it's been in "Customs Clearance" since 27 August according to USPS, and Royal Mail just says "In Progress". Are you UK goons getting this "Information needed from addressee" notice from either of these? I haven't received any message saying I have to pay extra tax or whatever yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bobvonunheil posted:

I'm still waiting on mine, it's been in "Customs Clearance" since 27 August according to USPS, and Royal Mail just says "In Progress". Are you UK goons getting this "Information needed from addressee" notice from either of these? I haven't received any message saying I have to pay extra tax or whatever yet.

Mine was listed by the USPS site as 'awaiting customs clearance' or whatever for about 10 days or so before I got my letter from Border Force. I just sent it off yesterday, so I hope to hear from them in about a couple of weeks, but who knows. This is the first time they've sent a letter on something that I needed to pay Customs on, so I'm not sure how long to wait.

• Locked thread