Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Kennel posted:

Sadly it's not an official smiley, only something I just cooked up.

That needs to have the smile peel back like the get in frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Gunnerkrigg Court Thread: He's/She's Obviously Coyote

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Could also be Kamlen. Let me check my copy of Annie in the forest. Yep the font matches.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Gunnerkrigg Coyote: He's also the Seed Bismuth

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Splicer posted:

Gunnerkrigg Coyote: He's also the Seed Bismuth

And a robot. We can't forget about that.

Oh, and a question for you all: Has it been established where Ysengrin gets his robes from? I noticed that they just got damaged by the imp pouncing him, but I think I remember them getting damaged and replaced before so I don't know if that's something that's going to be significant.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He just snarls at his clothes until they fix themselves.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
OH man yeah definitely follow the strange voice coming from the light in the worst neighborhood in town. That sounds like a fantastic idea. Do it Annie, DO IT.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Really what I thought. Was thinking of doing some fancy gif thing with it, then realized that I couldn't think of a way to make something more awesome than a single frame of Ysengrin happily punching the poo poo out of some random forest demon.

Ysengrin is loving this poo poo.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Oh, and a question for you all: Has it been established where Ysengrin gets his robes from? I noticed that they just got damaged by the imp pouncing him, but I think I remember them getting damaged and replaced before so I don't know if that's something that's going to be significant.

The Kenshiro theorem states that a sufficiently angry character can regenerate their clothes at will.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

The anwyn have excellent tailors among them

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rasamune posted:

The anwyn have excellent tailors among them
Annie made magic boots for Kat after just a summer with them, magical regenerating cloaks (or just, you know, a big pile of regular cloaks) is probably not a big deal.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
I guess so. I was just wondering whether it was something that was ever mentioned, or if he's kinda like Samurai Jack in that he can lose his clothes in a fight and then just magically get them back later.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also it turns out that Fun City was the perfect name for this town. Tom is so good at predicting these things.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Am I a bad person :ohdear:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So can you buy smilies for the forum? Like send lowtax :tenbux: and they are forum supported? Because if you can and the price is right I'd totes buy the coyote and ys smilies for this place :allears:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fried Chicken posted:

So can you buy smilies for the forum? Like send lowtax :tenbux: and they are forum supported? Because if you can and the price is right I'd totes buy the coyote and ys smilies for this place :allears:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
You can buy smilies the same way you buy avatars and upgrades, but they cost $30. Don't feel obligated to spend $60 on an in-joke for this thread.

fake edit: unless you're the Avatar Fairy :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fried Chicken posted:

Smilies that are in-jokes tend to get deleted. Unless it saw a lot of use outside this particular thread, it would be a waste.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Considering the sheer number of avatars, I'm fairly certain Gunnerkrigg stuff is at least a bit mod-protected.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Jeeze Ylvis, Gunnerkrigg already answered this a long time ago. :colbert:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Smilies that are in-jokes tend to get deleted. Unless it saw a lot of use outside this particular thread, it would be a waste.

I dunno, there are a lot of smilies that have stuck around for a while that are weird single-thread in-jokes. For example: :notch: :cedric: :tastykake: and :lovewcc:.

That Coyote smilie looks ridiculous and I love it.

edit: I somehow forgot :sterv:.

Portals fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 7, 2013

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I made this :smugmort: one way back during Mort Fun Time:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AE-35 Unit posted:

I made this :smugmort: one way back during Mort Fun Time:

Yeah if there's one thing we need it's more variations on the smug emote :smug: :smuggo: :mmmsmug: :smugbert: :smugdog: :smugissar: :smugspike: :smugbird: :smugdroid: :smugteddie:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think you're just jealous of his emoticon :smaug:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Plus the code for it should be :funmort:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Kennel posted:

Sadly it's not an official smiley, only something I just cooked up.
Okay the coyote one is great.

Here's jonesmug from a while back:
oh you're an expert on archeology, well i was there to see the dinosaurs

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'd love to see Jones teach history at the court.

"In the year 1066, historians claim that the William led the Normans in battle and conquered England."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Fecha posted:

"In the year 1066, historians claim that the William led the Normans in battle and conquered England."

"Well then, what really happened?" :haw:
"Sorry, can't tell you."
:mad:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I dunno, she might be willing to confirm or deny certain things, especially if people were already there. Plus I bet she wasn't even in England in 1066, Constantinople was the place to be in Europe then.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 7, 2013

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Not gonna lie. I love that :smugjones:.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could see it getting used outside of this thread too.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Smilies never get deleted.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

There are like 4 Mass Effect smiles in the archives.

Brainamp posted:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

PrinceRandom posted:

There are like 4 Mass Effect smiles in the archives.

There were more. So many, many more.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No matter how it goes, Gunnerkrigg can't end worse than the Mass Effect trilogy.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Oof, yeah, $60 is a bit much.

Though everyone here is forgetting the best custom smiley - :newt:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fried Chicken posted:

Oof, yeah, $60 is a bit much.

I'm actually pretty sure it used to be 30, probably even cheaper before that. I'd like to say that the Mass Effect threads caused them to ratchet up the price so people stop spending their hard-earned disposable income on lovely injokes but I can't say for sure.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lady Naga posted:

I'm actually pretty sure it used to be 30, probably even cheaper before that. I'd like to say that the Mass Effect threads caused them to ratchet up the price so people stop spending their hard-earned disposable income on lovely injokes but I can't say for sure.

It's been $30 for as long as I remember.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

It's still $30, he was just talking about buying two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

They used to cost $10, but then there was a flood of goddamn retarded ones so the price went up to discourage that.