Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

OmanyteJackson posted:

The only version I've played was the PS1 version but I always heard that the N64 version was the better version (or atleast better than the ps1), was it because it had longer levels or something? it did have full voice acting and some things, like golden fists, never show up in game, even though there in the manual.

Man I love that game. :allears:

My memories are fuzzy on it because it has been close to 15 years since I played it, but I recall the rocket section shown off in the test video being insanely difficult because you could see maybe five feet in front of you, the controls were bad and the frame rate went down to like 5-10 FPS when you tried to go through it. I guess Rayman 2 was the Saint's Row 4 of it's time: the current round of consoles couldn't really handle it, but the PC version was pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Mario Party huh? Hasn't that been done to death?
Yup!

So I assume you're doing something new right? Skilled? Glitches?
Nope!

So you're just going to bumble through an overdone game like idiots?
Yup!

We're the GuiltyCasuals. I'm Tom. [I'm Kyle! Tell them I'm Kyle!] That's Kyle. And we play video games... Badly.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyt45StQBlw

@Sandcastle - I am a dumb dumb.

Powerfrog fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 8, 2013

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
You're exactly like every other terrible YouTube buddy LP duo. Congratulations.

Also, I'm confused why you're even posting this in the Sandcastle?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mmm. drat. I really want to do a Tropico 4 LP next but my primary computer is a Mac and the jokers responsible for porting it to OSX are unwilling or unable to release the DLC for it, so it wouldn't be able to show off everything that could be shown off (it'd have Modern Times, but none of the DLC missions or extra buildings like the labor camp, the plantation, or the superhero costume). You think anyone would give a crap about that except die-hard Tropico fans?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Powerfrog posted:

@Sandcastle - We will not be making a thread about Mario Party 2, just because we don't feel like we can do it justice. But I feel we'll make the same kind of thread for a "proper LP" (maybe with more info/anecdote dump as we'd actually have it) and the videos won't really change in terms of quality, production or general attitude.

Yeah, you don't need the Sandcastle for this. If you're just trying to coast on personality, post the thread, see if people like it.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Powerfrog posted:

@Sandcastle - We will not be making a thread about Mario Party 2, just because we don't feel like we can do it justice.

When the hell did Mario Party 2 become a game that needed to be 'done justice'?

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah I'm sorry guys, this post doesn't belong in the sandcastle. Maybe I will put it up in Let's Play proper once we've recorded more episodes. The worst that can happen is we'll be told we're terrible? Right?

Powerfrog fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 8, 2013

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Speedball posted:

Mmm. drat. I really want to do a Tropico 4 LP next but my primary computer is a Mac and the jokers responsible for porting it to OSX are unwilling or unable to release the DLC for it, so it wouldn't be able to show off everything that could be shown off (it'd have Modern Times, but none of the DLC missions or extra buildings like the labor camp, the plantation, or the superhero costume). You think anyone would give a crap about that except die-hard Tropico fans?

So long as you're mentioning what you aren't showing off, I don't see any amazing problems with that, even as a Tropico fan. After all, even the base game has things to show off, things to vote on, things to see... No, not really seeing a major problem.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Powerfrog posted:

Mario Party huh? Hasn't that been done to death?
The video quality is fine, though you probably don't need to go to 1080 for Mario Party and while you were audible, one of you sounded like you were echoing whenever you talked, so that might be worth looking into. I'd also question the use of the border filling wall paper but it's really up to your own personal preference, much like the little intro bit. But outside the audio, it's technically fine.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Powerfrog posted:

Yeah I'm sorry guys, this post doesn't belong in the sandcastle. Maybe I will put it up in Let's Play proper once we've recorded more episodes. The worst that can happen is we'll be told we're terrible? Right?

No, we will come to your house and beat you up.

Actual criticism: You seem to puff into the mic a bit and you should be careful to enunciate or at least slow down some when you talk. Other than that, you're good. Also, I think I gathered that you're playing on a couch with a pillow between you? You're not my cup of tea but you are the cutest LPers of 2013.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Speedball posted:

Get Bootcamp, you donkus

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Get Bootcamp, you donkus

Would that also entail me paying through the nose for the windows operating system software?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Speedball posted:

Would that also entail me paying through the nose for the windows operating system software?
You can get Basic Windows 7 for like $100 (but you have to wait for them to literally mail it to you; I think the more expensive versions can be obtained digitally, go figure). Go ask one of your friends who invariably has a copy to borrow their install CDs and just shut off auto-update. Scrounge some bargain bin Windows XP or Vista install discs, I dunno. There are tons of options open to you that don't involve handing Microsoft fat stacks for the $2500 Ultimate Professional Ultra Windows 8 Plus Server Edition.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The White Dragon posted:

You can get Basic Windows 7 for like $100 (but you have to wait for them to literally mail it to you; I think the more expensive versions can be obtained digitally, go figure). Go ask one of your friends who invariably has a copy to borrow their install CDs and just shut off auto-update. Scrounge some bargain bin Windows XP or Vista install discs, I dunno. There are tons of options open to you that don't involve handing Microsoft fat stacks for the $2500 Ultimate Professional Ultra Windows 8 Plus Server Edition.

I payed like $89 for Windows 8, I can't imagine they're charging more than that for 7, or maybe they are because it works like a Windows platform?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
If you're a college student you can typically get windows discs at a huge discount.

Gum Drop
Aug 17, 2013

Competitive player of a dead game.

Mico posted:

If you're a college student you can typically get windows discs at a huge discount.

Or know a college student, or pay a college student like 20 bucks to get you a student copy.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Let's Play the Left 4 Dead Series... ALL ALONE!

If you play video games and you haven't been living under a rock for the past few years, you've probably heard of Left 4 Dead.

This FPS series from Valve, creators of Half Life, Portal, and Team Fortress, follows four quirky survivors of the zombie apocalypse attempting to make it to a safe location alive while fighting off zombies and "special infected" that try to kill them. The games are ordinarily best enjoyed multiplayer with three friends.

In late 2009, Left 4 Dead 2 was released. This sequel replaced the four survivors everyone knew from the original and replaced them with four new ones; this, along with the fact that the sequel didn't drastically change any game mechanics and simply refined them and added four new campaigns, caused some backlash against the game from stupid people, but even those stupid people eventually realized that the game kind of kicked rear end. Eventually a mutation system was added to the game that rotated between different odd gametypes, one of which was "Last Man on Earth," a single-player gametype that got rid of the other three survivors and the common infected and just let you fight the special infected in mostly-empty maps.

Eventually eventually, the mutations stopped being rotated and all of them were open to the public, and the mutation framework was available to modders. And thus "A Fine Gentleman" decided to take Last Man on Earth, rework it, and release it as "All Alone."

quote:

Thought I'd try out this new *Mutation* making thing, so I decided to develop someting I've been wanting to create for a long time.
I wanted to bring the *survival* feel back to Left 4 Dead 2, something I felt it was entirely missing. you have plenty of resources, can carry more bullets than you have room in your pockets, and zombies hit you with the strength of a malicious grapefruit. Not very survival-y, is it?
This mod aims to fix that, and make a mutation suited for those lone wolves out there. Overall, the aim is to create a gamemode that's eerily calm yet constantly keeps you on your toes at the same time.

Changes:
-No teammates (AI or human). This is a solo mutation, like Last Man on Earth.
-You can only carry one magazine/clip of ammo for each primary weapon. If that runs out, you need to find an ammo pile or a new weapon.
-Zombies have been slowed down to the same max speed as the player can go, meaning it's possible (but impractical) to outrun them.
-Zombies take significantly less damage everywhere except the head
-Zombies spawn less often, but...
-They can kill you in 8 hits on easy, 4 hits on normal, 2 hits on advanced and 1 hit on expert.
-No special infected (except the standard two Tanks at the finale).
-Tanks have a small health buff but move at half speed.
-No hordes/mobs of zombies means you can take your time to search around and make sure every zombie in the area is taken care of.
-Magnums and sniper rifles do not spawn. (This is due to them being programmed to always kill the infected, except specials, in one hit, regardless of any damage multipliers. I removed them as they'd defeat the purpose of this mutation.) Standard pistols spawn in places where there would be Magnums, AK's where there would be Hunting Rifles, and M16's where there would be Military Snipers. (As well as the Desert Rifle in place of the AWP and the sg552 in place of the Steyr Scout, if you have the German version of the game or an SMOD plugin that allows these weapons to spawn.)
-Fallen survivors are a bit easier to kill.
-A few other little details not worth mentioning.

Basically, this mod makes the game a lot harder and drastically changes its atmosphere; what was once a fun bro-op shooter with occasional moments of tension becomes an extremely tense and brutal survival horror experience.

Over the course of Left 4 Dead 2's lifespan, all of the campaigns from the original were eventually ported to it to take advantage of its new features like melee weapons, gore and "uncommon infected" (slightly more powerful zombies, like a riot shield zombie and a hazmat zombie). This means that the entire series so far can be played with this mod. And that's exactly what I plan to do. :getin:

This LP will be subtitled rather than have voice commentary. The game with the All Alone mutation has a very different atmosphere; the humor is almost entirely gone due to the lack of NPC teammates to bounce jokes between, and the massively ramped up difficulty changes the tone quite a bit too. If I talked over the game, that atmosphere would likely be ruined. I'm also playing with the HUD turned off, which makes recording a bit of a pain but also ups the challenge and atmosphere since I can't just easily headshot everything I see.

VIDEOS

#1 - No Mercy Pt. 1

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I like the idea, but the presentation needs work. I grasp and agree with using subtitled commentary on this mod, but the subtitles themselves are on-screen for just barely enough time to read them before they disappear, keep them up for longer. The commentary itself was spread extremely thin, there were like maybe four lines of commentary for the entire five minute video, said lines never really explained much about the mutation, what it changed, what the regular game is like in comparison and the like. There's plenty to talk about here, go nuts. That little changelist in the OP doesn't really suffice.

You really do need to explain things better, I was getting confused in places and I have played Left 4 Dead 2 for 289 hours. There's no HUD, is that a trait of the mutation or something you just threw in there to make it even more intense? Why does your pistol sound different and look different, is that a completely separate, unrelated mod that you have installed or is this also part of the mutation? Axe has a similar thing going on, looks different etc. I assume your target audience is people who have already played or seen an LP of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 already, which is fair enough, but in that case you should link to LP's of that game and preface your OP with it as such. These games do have a plot of some kind and anyone not familiar with the games is going to be totally lost, it's okay to not explain these yourself if that's not the point of your series, but at least make it clear. But even assuming that, I have intense familiarity with these games and you're losing me. You need more commentary.

I also raise the point that doing the entire game like this, which is a good 12 campaigns give or take it's been a while, might grow boring and stale after awhile. I got the general gist of the mod pretty quickly and lacking any deeper insight from you onto how the mod really works on a mechanical level, I got bored. You're probably going to have to vary things up a bit if you want to keep it interesting for the entire duration of the game, to that end I suggest changing mutations every X number of maps or something, there's absolutely tons to choose from, each changing the game in some interesting way. And now that you have community mutations to add as well, sky's the limit.

TL;DR

Your commentary is sparse and explains not a whole lot about anything, the mod or the game.
Subs aren't on screen for long enough.
This looks like it'd get boring after a while.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Let's Play the Left 4 Dead Series... ALL ALONE!

Maybe consider doing this as part of the Challenge Thread instead of making one all of it's own.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UZworm posted:

The first time that you stood up, threw your controller on the ground, turned to your friends saying "gently caress you, gently caress you, and gently caress you!" and stormed out.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I'm planning a Rayman Origins LP:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15333

It's my first go at an LP, so I know the commentary is kind of lame and awkward at points and there might be some technical problems. I figure the best way to improve is to just go ahead and do it. Is there anything horrendous here, or is it quality enough to post?

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

UZworm posted:

It's gone unpunished for the murder of millions of N64 controllers for decades.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

kvltmanifesto posted:

That was the first Mario Party game, the second ones and on stopped doing that.

Unless you mean just getting mad and murdering your controller, in that case :shobon:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

kvltmanifesto posted:

They took out all the "rotate the Control Stick fast as hell" minigames in MP2, sadly.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Kabanaw posted:

I'm planning a Rayman Origins LP:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15333

It's my first go at an LP, so I know the commentary is kind of lame and awkward at points and there might be some technical problems. I figure the best way to improve is to just go ahead and do it. Is there anything horrendous here, or is it quality enough to post?

Big things:
The first thing I'd work on is the ducking. You guys are really quiet compared to the game. Adjust the settings around a bit. I tend to do a -13db at an outer and inner fade of 1 second, the rest of the settings are the defaults.
How come you don't show off the title screen? Leaving it up for a minute or two gives a nice introduction to explain what you'll be doing with the LP, your rough thoughts about the game, and a good way to introduce yourself.
You say it's a 100% run, but you don't go back and get the trophy for a time attack? If I were doing the LP (and believe me I was planning it at some point, but dropped it because I was awful at the game), I'd include time attack runs in the same video of the level that you just played. That's an editing preference on my part though.
You guys sound really awkward doing this. I know it's understandable, it's your first time, every LPer I've known, myself included, had an issue of sounding really awkward in their first few videos. Try to be more natural. Joke around a bit before starting your commentary. Maybe drink a little if you are into that?

Small things:
The "gibberish english" is actually pig latin. Weird, I know.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN MAN. RUN!
You didn't ever explain what the R medals do. I need to know they give me 25 lums man! In some levels they are make-or-break for getting the 350 lum medals.

The video quality is good though, you just need to work on your commentary and ducking a bit.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

kalonZombie posted:

Big things:
The first thing I'd work on is the ducking. You guys are really quiet compared to the game. Adjust the settings around a bit. I tend to do a -13db at an outer and inner fade of 1 second, the rest of the settings are the defaults.
How come you don't show off the title screen? Leaving it up for a minute or two gives a nice introduction to explain what you'll be doing with the LP, your rough thoughts about the game, and a good way to introduce yourself.
You say it's a 100% run, but you don't go back and get the trophy for a time attack? If I were doing the LP (and believe me I was planning it at some point, but dropped it because I was awful at the game), I'd include time attack runs in the same video of the level that you just played. That's an editing preference on my part though.
You guys sound really awkward doing this. I know it's understandable, it's your first time, every LPer I've known, myself included, had an issue of sounding really awkward in their first few videos. Try to be more natural. Joke around a bit before starting your commentary. Maybe drink a little if you are into that?

Small things:
The "gibberish english" is actually pig latin. Weird, I know.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN MAN. RUN!
You didn't ever explain what the R medals do. I need to know they give me 25 lums man! In some levels they are make-or-break for getting the 350 lum medals.

The video quality is good though, you just need to work on your commentary and ducking a bit.

I'll work on the ducking, I suppose I just didn't drop it enough. I didn't spend time on the title screen because I guess I didn't think of that :v:

Actually, I'm keeping all the medal runs per world in the same video. I thought that doing the level again right after I finished it would be kind of boring, so I moved them all to the end of the area. We've already finished recording up to the end of Jibberish Jungle, and we got somewhat less awkward as the time went on and I mentioned a few of the things you brought up, like how much the medal is worth. Thanks for the advice!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Kabanaw posted:

Actually, I'm keeping all the medal runs per world in the same video. I thought that doing the level again right after I finished it would be kind of boring, so I moved them all to the end of the area.

Okay, that also works and was the other option I considered doing. I'm looking forward to the LP.

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

I got a new mic setup...

I spent some bread today on a new mic and audio setup for my computer. This mic works incredibly well and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I picked up a Sterling ST55 Mic and a Scarlett 2i4 and it's been fun to set up and use. Yes, I know it's expensive but I'm also a musician so I'll get more use out of it than with let's play videos. I was going to just get a USB mic but when I heard the results from this setup I had to have it.

I'd like you guys to tell me what you think of the audio levels/sound quality esp. comparing the old video to the new. You needn't watch all of it, just the first few minutes for commentary.

I also improved the editing a bit so if you want to watch the whole thing to compare/contrast, feel free.

Old Audio Setup:
http://youtu.be/uAScRy0fUNk

New Audio Setup:
http://youtu.be/hBiie6YQ6HI

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Your audio sound better but certainly not $350 - $400 better. You could easily get the same quality with a not so expensive usb mic. You should probably mess around with the eq and compression to minimize the slightly tinny sound. Audacity isn't very good for that kind of audio editing, but I imagine you have a daw of some sort.

The point I'm making is that you probably should have learned more about audio editing before dropping all that money. The sound certainly isn't bad, but it's nothing special.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Volume posted:

The first time that you stood up, threw your controller on the ground, turned to your friends saying "gently caress you, gently caress you, and gently caress you!" and stormed out.

I'm surprised nobody has ever really brought up more often the underlying theme of multiplayer Mario games being "gently caress your friendships!" It's kind of hosed up when you sit back and look at how geared toward being the biggest shithead ever to your compatriots every single Mario game with multiplayer has been.

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

gatz posted:

Your audio sound better but certainly not $350 - $400 better. You could easily get the same quality with a not so expensive usb mic. You should probably mess around with the eq and compression to minimize the slightly tinny sound. Audacity isn't very good for that kind of audio editing, but I imagine you have a daw of some sort.

The point I'm making is that you probably should have learned more about audio editing before dropping all that money. The sound certainly isn't bad, but it's nothing special.

Re read what I posted, I'm not using it for just youtube commentary. I also know quite a bit about audio editing, but I haven't gotten to that stage yet with this setup. And yes, I'm aware of DAWs.

Plus the USB mics I tested didn't have the capabilities my current setup has. MIDI in is now an option and I can also output to decent speaker monitors with this.

valkhorn fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 9, 2013

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
What does the space you're recording in look like?

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

Me? Just a 12x12 room. It's not a studio or dead quiet or anything so the only thing I did with the audio after recording was normalize it somewhat and remove a little noise.

It's my home office. Two windows - south and western side, door on eastern side, solid wall on the northern wall. Computer desk is a corner desk between both windows. Mic is on a desk stand.

The audio was just edited in Camtasia. No DAW or Audacity work was done on it. Who knows if I'll actually do that in my live videos. Let's face it, getting a good LP up to 98% quality is great, and fun, and is a good goal for me. But, spending an hour or two per video to get that extra 1 or 2% in the audio alone is just diminishing returns for me. Especially when I could spend that kind of time doing other video editing or adding other additional content. (Researching the game takes time. Processing the video takes time. Uploading takes time. Promoting takes time, etc.) I'm never going to have a golden radio broadcast voice. I realize quality is good, but I feel some people go overboard pushing for that 1% extra. Sure, I might put some low pass filter on my audio later, or maybe a few other filters and adjust the bass/gain and mic position, but I don't see any point in using a fancy DAW for a normal Let's Play (unless I do something insanely unorthodox and overly complicated).

Like I said, I went with this setup so that I could put some Klipsch monitors on my gaming computer eventually, and try to put my music degree to some use and take up a hobby with Midi input and live recordings of some performances I want to do later.

Oh and USB mics have too much latency for vocal/instrumental live recording and overdubbing.

valkhorn fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 9, 2013

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'
Doesn't take one to two hours to run an equalizer and a compressor. With the right software, you can do those with a real-time audio track filter.

I used to do it in REAPER but Vegas had filters that did the job as well.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Dark Id posted:

I'm surprised nobody has ever really brought up more often the underlying theme of multiplayer Mario games being "gently caress your friendships!" It's kind of hosed up when you sit back and look at how geared toward being the biggest shithead ever to your compatriots every single Mario game with multiplayer has been.

It seems likely that Nintendo means for them to be played by the whole family, who hate each other to begin with.

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

VivaVizer posted:

Doesn't take one to two hours to run an equalizer and a compressor. With the right software, you can do those with a real-time audio track filter.

I used to do it in REAPER but Vegas had filters that did the job as well.

Honestly I'm not sure what other filters I need to do. It gets to a point where my ears just can't tell the difference. I can tell when anything is out of tune or out of rhythm, can pick out chords, and all that fun theory stuff, but years of sitting in orchestras by the percussion and sitting in loud equipment rooms killed my ability to hear higher frequencies.

All I'm saying is if the audio quality isn't good enough, I'd really like to know what filters are recommended.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

valkhorn posted:

All I'm saying is if the audio quality isn't good enough, I'd really like to know what filters are recommended.

You need to drop some kind of low pass filter on there because your "S" sounds are incredibly sharp right now (or use the equalizer to do something similar). Since you're a musician I probably don't need to say this, but be careful with it because you can totally muddy your audio if you filter it too much.

I can only hear this issue on decent speakers though - on my crappy laptop speakers it sounds just fine already. (but you should always tune your audio for good quality playback)

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

Thank you. I'll look into it. I'm about ready to start a thread this week though. This gives me what I need to know.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I know the three month rule is in effect so I decided to email Lucas Pope asking specifically for permission to do an LP for Something Awful of Papers, Please. A few days ago I got an email giving me consent:

Test post:

Edit: I have no idea what happened to the video quality, I'll re-upload the raw file then re-edit

My only real gripe is that for the next video I need to turn down the sound effects so they don't over shadow my voice. If any one has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to take them on board.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I know the three month rule is in effect so I decided to email Lucas Pope asking specifically for permission to do an LP for Something Awful of Papers, Please. A few days ago I got an email giving me consent:

Is the inference that e-mailing the creator obviates the three month rule? Because it was my understanding the rule is there to avoid a rush of people posting games as soon as they're out. Just curious because I'm waiting on a three month expiry on a game.

• Locked thread