Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Cat Mattress posted:

Legato's design is rather conservative for a DM, but he is cyclopean, what with his hair hiding his other eye (or perhaps his lack of an other eye).

I'm not sure where, but I'm pretty sure Gigi said that the first two Disaster Masters having one eye was just a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Does anyone have an easy-to-link collection of Gigi's hilarious self-promoting tweets about the new (at the time) book? A friend finally started reading and I think they'd get a kick out of it, but I am terrible at navigating twitter.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Does anyone have an easy-to-link collection of Gigi's hilarious self-promoting tweets about the new (at the time) book? A friend finally started reading and I think they'd get a kick out of it, but I am terrible at navigating twitter.

Here's an imgur gallery with a lot of her "read my webcomic" tweets, including some about her book.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Color Printer posted:

Here's an imgur gallery with a lot of her "read my webcomic" tweets, including some about her book.

"KYUURI KUESTO"

It's brilliance the whole way down. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

New Page. Welp.

I don't know why we expected anything else.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Every face Legato makes is avatar-worthy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

These two from this page are indeed quite fantastic. The smaller one on the page with the crying Nautilus is pretty good too.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Oh, but this post doesn't look funny.

You know, I know this really mean goon wh

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Legato looks like Kintarô in the second pannel. Maybe he has some yokai as goons.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Bacon's presence: instant suntan.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dragonatrix posted:

These two from this page are indeed quite fantastic.

Let's make that three, actually. Nervous looking Legato is better than I initially gave it credit for.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
My hopes for Team Baconauts have been crushed. :smith:

Legato's turning out to to be pretty great, though.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/guest-comic/

Surprise guest comic

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Pork puns are a terrible gimmick.

How perfect.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I just realized how weird it is that Bacon's name is bacon. I mean, sure, everyone else in the Donut Kingdom is named after food, but mostly vegetables and baked goods. Bacon is the only one named after a meat and it's explicitly one he's made out of.

What I'm saying is it's possible Bacon's parents are even worse than he is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bacon's not made out of bacon, he's a bunny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What, you've never had bunny bacon before?

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
There's also Brisket Sweats, who's mentioned on this page, and also makes an appearance in the extra story in the first book.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah remember, Bacon's not actually a pig. He's just a bunny who looks like one.

Probably.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/guest-comic-2/ I'm a dog person too.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Now I wish I had my own Lasermaster to screw with both of my cats at once. :catstare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Do you want to give more money to things Gigi is involved with? Of course you do! Well, Gigi just tweeted that she's doing the backgrounds for WayForward's new Shantae game, and you can back it here!

Edit: To clarify, this is not the game that's coming to the 3DS eShop. This is a new game for consoles and PC.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh hell, seriously? 45 bucks well spent then!

Edit: now you mention it, I can totally see it now.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 4, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

poo poo, I KNEW those backgrounds looked familiar, but Wayforward has pretty good art most of the time so I didn't think of gigi.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/guest-comic-3/

How will we ever counter his anime-ness

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Carrot, don't be down on yourself. Your hairstyle has literally never moved, yours is way smoother. You just don't have that anime pretty boy hair-covering-one-eye thing.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope Zack Morrison is next.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Raserys posted:

I hope Zack Morrison is next.

BEST! SPELL! EVER!

Zack should do every guest strip for every webcomic ever. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yo I love Cucumber Quest and all but dang son, that guest comic is way funnier than anything CC has done. Just god drat brilliant, I'm dyin' here.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Have you not been following Paranatural? I mean, it's a really great webcomic. (Early links, jokes get better along with the art, not that these are bad jokes!) It's also got some great bonus stuff. Just, don't mind the starting art. It improves dramatically, even through the first chapter.

Also, almost every page after the first chapter has mouse-over text, and it's generally amazing so don't skip it.

Onean fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 8, 2013

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!
Cucumber Quest and Paranatural are the only two webcomics I follow on a regular basis. :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This guest comic is what it took to get me to decide I should check out Paranatural.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Onean posted:

Have you not been following Paranatural? I mean, it's a really great webcomic. (Early links, jokes get better along with the art, not that these are bad jokes!) It's also got some great bonus stuff. Just, don't mind the starting art. It improves dramatically, even through the first chapter.

Also, almost every page after the first chapter has mouse-over text, and it's generally amazing so don't skip it.
Does the panel layout get better? I forget how far I got, maybe just 2 chapters or so, but I was consistently bothered by pages that would be strings of very small panels with large speech bubbles in each one. Basically more of this and less of this.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think I'm gonna go in for an avatar change. Just so I'm not stepping on any toes here, does anyone (else) have an avatar of Legato's face in the second panel of page 390?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah ok I just finished Chapter 1 and Paranatural is pretty great.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oneiros posted:

BEST! SPELL! EVER!

Zack should do every guest strip for every webcomic ever. :allears:

This is exactly what would happen if Cucumber thought like a gamer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"The PAIN of the DRAIN comes mainly FROM THE CHAIN" coming from Carrot is what elevated the comic from funny to hilarious for me.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Naughtilus' expression in that last comic is awesome, she's just gonna beat down some monsters. Skipping the limbo completely! :)

Very rare in comics to get good guest panels but these ones are amazing.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I cannot loving believe I am the first person to appreciate PLUG LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

PopeCrunch posted:

I cannot loving believe I am the first person to appreciate PLUG LIFE.

Don't worry, you're not.

PLUG LIFE! WATER IN, WATER OUT!