Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So deep down, she's just like ol' grandpa :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have been jonesing so hard for this. Totally worth the wait.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Max just giving in and joining the YAAAAAH RAAAAAH HOOOOOO is hysterical.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I await the Paranatural/Buttlord GT crossover with bated breath.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
D'aw, that baby finger grab panel. :3:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

All those finger panels are super cute. What is the life of a finger? Pointing at sisters. Getting owies. Finger-skateboarding.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

skoolmunkee posted:

All those finger panels are super cute. What is the life of a finger? Pointing at sisters. Getting owies. Finger-skateboarding.

Picking your nose :yayclod:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Great to see this back. Hilarious chapter. That was almost super sayian esque levels of shouting there.

Probably my favorite in the finger pointing panel is blaming his sister for breaking the lamp.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you didn't point your finger and try to get spectral energy to come out after reading this comic you are dead inside.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
In the finger montage, is that maybe Max's mom wearing the Insolent Children shirt? Presuming that's his finger and his baby sister is grabbing it in that panel.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Where's Isabel's spectral energy going when she's flexing? It looks like it's going into her book tool on the steps next to her.

Also, the alt text hits it out of the park. I wonder if it's a common occurrence to hear weird yelling in the halls? :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Someone should take the two middle panels, erase the spectral energy aura and redraw the missing bits of background and characters so we get Muggle-vision of the scene, and animate them back and forth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Where's Isabel's spectral energy going when she's flexing? It looks like it's going into her book tool on the steps next to her.

Well, it's been said that one of the reasons that Tools let themselves be used is because the user's spectral energy recharges them into full independent existence, so I guess when she's chucking it around like this it gets to leech a bit off.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you don't read Cucumber Quest (you really should), you might not get the guest strip that Zack Morrison drew for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

If you don't read Cucumber Quest (you really should), you might not get the guest strip that Zack Morrison drew for it.

I just powered through the whole archive of Paranatural thanks to the link in this guest comic. I'd seen people raving about it over in the Webcomics thread but that was what it finally took to get me to check it out.

I'm glad I did, Paranatural's great. Guest strips are truly a force for good in this world.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Am I the only one who saw the orb of energy in Max's shot in this and the last page as a bowling ball at first?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Zack drew that Cucumber Quest guest comic? How did I miss that?

Edit:

The Devil Tesla posted:

If you didn't point your finger and try to get spectral energy to come out after reading this comic you are dead inside.
You were successful, but you're not a medium, so you couldn't see it.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 9, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha pooor Max. I like how Ed tries his best to not mention gramps as if it was a taboo word around Isabel. Really loving the whole Max not being a super special protagonist that most (horrible) stories suffer from. Apart from him one shoting the bat ghost it's really nice contrast to see how much he has to learn compare to the others.

The way the spectral shot limps off Max' finger had me chuckling.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Really loving the whole Max not being a super special protagonist that most (horrible) stories suffer from. Apart from him one shoting the bat ghost it's really nice contrast to see how much he has to learn compare to the others.

Yeah! "Black spectral energy!? That's... fairly common." always got a chuckle out of me. And now that I look at it again, Max wasn't even one-shotting it himself, it was getting quadruple-teamed by him and the rest of the Paranatural Activity Club.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 10, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, they may have loosened it up for him but he was definitely the only one hitting it, if you look at the very next page.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Yeah! "Black spectral energy!? That's... fairly common." always got a chuckle out of me. And now that I look at it again, Max wasn't even one-shotting it himself, it was getting quadruple-teamed by him and the rest of the Paranatural Activity Club.

Hah, I just noticed, two pages later, in the last panel Ed has drawn a spectral mustache on himself for no reason and when absolutely nobody is looking at him in tribute to the mustached frenchish spirit he rescued.

I love Ed.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 10, 2013

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tollymain posted:

Eh, they may have loosened it up for him but he was definitely the only one hitting it, if you look at the very next page.
Yeah, their spec-shots just fizzle on it. But, again, smashing its head in with a baseball bat being more effective doesn't mean Max is some mighty ghost hunter, just that hitting things in the head with blunt objects is a good way of knocking them unconscious.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I like how Max's eye glows in that second-to-last panel. They just met and the time serpent is already trying to set up shop in Max's head.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Level Slide posted:

I like how Max's eye glows in that second-to-last panel. They just met and the time serpent is already trying to set up shop in Max's head.

Looking at that page and thinking back, have we ever seen Issac use normal spectral energy the way that Ed, Isabel and Spender can? I think we've only ever seen him using his weather powers. Maybe a limitation of Mediums? They lose any ability to use their spectral energy on their own because it all goes to the spirit, and instead have to rely on their spirit's powers.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

Looking at that page and thinking back, have we ever seen Issac use normal spectral energy the way that Ed, Isabel and Spender can? I think we've only ever seen him using his weather powers. Maybe a limitation of Mediums? They lose any ability to use their spectral energy on their own because it all goes to the spirit, and instead have to rely on their spirit's powers.

Edit: oh, that was something else.

cisneros fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 11, 2013

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Prison Warden posted:

Isaac has also shown disinterest in the combat side of the Activity Club. Between that and how leery other Spectrals get around Mediums he probably doesn't see the point in hanging around Isabel or the dojo forever learning Spectral Fist. Plus he's kinda overconfident in his weather powers. Which is similar to the reason Ed and Isabel slack off in their training.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's possibly also because Isaac shooting lighting is a lot closer in function to a spectral blast than Ed or Isabel's powers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If we're meeting Izzy's spirit I hope we meet Ed's.

I reckon it'll be a pretty chillaxed dude. Paint power, after all. You can't be a pompous arse with paint powers.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

I reckon it'll be a pretty chillaxed dude. Paint power, after all. You can't be a pompous arse with paint powers.

Ahahahahahah that's what you think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Really, I'm just hoping that when the plot inevitably gets more front and center and all these foreshadows come to a head, the comic doesn't lose its charm. No Cerebus Syndrome, please please please.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

MikeJF posted:

Ed's spirit is actually just Zack in a wig.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

MikeJF posted:

Maybe Bob Ross didn't really die after all...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Prison Warden posted:

He used spectral energy it to smak the Sphinx back in chapter 3.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trebuchet King posted:

"There was a happy little accident, and... Well, it's been our happy little secret."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trebuchet King posted:

Or maybe he did. :aaaaa:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Early page went up http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-37/

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Interesting, I didn't think it could be summoned

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Ed status: still owns

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-38/

Yo peep that adorable thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

*boop* - fart

what a cute lil' fella. Spiders can be adorable, and origami is pretty cool.