Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Roboto posted:

"Idiot boy" sounds kind of juvenile for an immortal personification.

What do you expect from somebody who's hot for Deadpool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Mister Roboto posted:

"Idiot boy" sounds kind of juvenile for an immortal personification.

She's not the personification of Death, she's just a figment of Thanos' imagination.

Spoilers for the end of Thanos Rising.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What do you expect from somebody who's hot for Deadpool?

Waterhaul posted:

She's not the personification of Death, she's just a figment of Thanos' imagination.

Spoilers for the end of Thanos Rising.

I choose to believe both of these are valid reasons.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Although I can indeed read the thread title, I feel inclined to post this Rob Liefeld cover I have never seen before; I'm actually surprised it isn't on either of the Progressive Boink lists of his worst drawings:

Warpath's been at the spinach, as you can clearly see.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Lot of feet in that pic.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
At the same time, neither Domino nor Wolfsbane appear to have a left leg.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 7, 2013

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Or indeed, any point to focus on with no perspective and the lovely colouring, to name two faults.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

Although I can indeed read the thread title, I feel inclined to post this Rob Liefeld cover I have never seen before; I'm actually surprised it isn't on either of the Progressive Boink lists of his worst drawings:

Man, that cover's so busy I never noticed until now those two "background" characters on the left side.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
This is a little weird, but one of my favourite graphic novels has to be Fabian Göranson's Inferno, and a lot of that comes from the art. It's really odd-looking (to the point where his human figures are really distorted and cartoon-y), but it captures the feel of the original text. For context, it's based off of a semi-autobiographical book by August Strindberg - he took portions of his personal journal, re-arranged them to have a sort of plot, and then released it to the public. It's a wonderful portrait of a man's mental breakdown in the streets of Paris.

I feel like it almost fits both categories in the thread - the figures are pretty crude and simplistic, but it matches the tone of the work really well. It also has some pretty weird-looking drawings, but the use of colour and shading always struck me as fantastic. I figure he's not exactly the most well-known

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

At the same time, neither Domino nor Wolfsbane appear to have a left leg.
That's actually Feral, not Wolfsbane. After Wolfsbane was written out of the series in X-Tinction Agenda, I guess Liefeld decided he needed a new wolf/cat/whatever character.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

This is actually a masterpiece.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

IUG posted:

Man, that cover's so busy I never noticed until now those two "background" characters on the left side.
One of the lesser known Liefeld oddities is some guy standing in the background with his hands in his pockets.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Metal Loaf posted:

The background makes this physically painful to look at, beyond even what Liefeld could manage.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Actually, looking over that cover, I like to imagine Warpath's yelling, "AAARRGH! MY ARRRRRRRRRMMMMMMS!"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The thing that gets me is Shatterstar(?)'s double bladed sword, whose blades are apparently at completely the wrong angle compared to the handle. We should be seeing them edge-on that this point.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Do statues count. Those torpedoes!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mister Roboto posted:

Lot of feet in that pic.

Yes, but whose are they?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
That is a product that someone must have bought, and placed lovingly on a shelf. I don't even know what else to say about that.

Meanwhile, since someone posted the last issue of Liefeld's New Mutants, perhaps we could get away with posting the first issue of his X-Force? A 2-page spread, wherein Cable is an angry box with legs...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

sporklift posted:

If you were to scroll up to that pic instead of scroll down, you'd swear you were looking at Spider-Man styled dress shoes before realizing they were supposed to be breasts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

sporklift posted:

I'm supposed to be looking at spider boobs, but all I see is Sascrotch.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madrox posted:

Meanwhile, since someone posted the last issue of Liefeld's New Mutants, perhaps we could get away with posting the first issue of his X-Force? A 2-page spread, wherein Cable is an angry box with legs...

Here you go:

I actually wouldn't call it the worst Liefeld drawing, but I've no idea what's going on with Cable's hands.

K9 Philosopher
Jun 21, 2005
Do what now?

Metal Loaf posted:

Here you go:

I actually wouldn't call it the worst Liefeld drawing, but I've no idea what's going on with Cable's hands.

The best part of this has to be the character in the upper left, flying away screaming from that disaster.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

Here you go:

7 characters. 0 feet. It's kinda marvelous how he does that.
Also, under Feral's right armpit, what is that? Different coloured smoke? Someone's leg? Inter dimensional transportation?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RevKrule posted:

Also, under Feral's right armpit, what is that? Different coloured smoke? Someone's leg? Inter dimensional transportation?

I have a weird suspicion that it was meant to be Cable's leg, but he gave up halfway through.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Metal Loaf posted:

I have a weird suspicion that it was meant to be Cable's leg, but he gave up halfway through.

Or Boom Booms but who the gently caress knows. Asking questions like that only lead to madness.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I also like that there is no indication of Shatterstar bending/leaning over because it looks like he has no midsection at all. Like, his ribcage directly connects to his hips.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He had his abdomen surgically replaced with a pouch belt.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This was one of the images I used to learn how to draw while in high school. There is a reason I do not draw anymore and it is probably that one.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
One of the things that always baffles me with Liefeld's guns, being someone who knows his way around a firearm, is this:

What the gently caress is all that space for? The man draws a gun twenty times the necessary size.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
^^^ The gun, itself, functions as a pouch.

Metal Loaf posted:

It's Cable's leg.

I love Liefeld covers like this. It's a moebius strip of bad. Just when you think you've found it all (Cable's thalidomide flipper-leg) you see something else that makes it even better (Warpath's fringe making it look like Shatterstar's getting his nuts tickled).

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

RevKrule posted:

7 characters. 0 feet. It's kinda marvelous how he does that.

It often goes unnoticed but despite being a much better artist than Liefeld, Mignola also seems to have issues with feet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Exit Strategy posted:

One of the things that always baffles me with Liefeld's guns, being someone who knows his way around a firearm, is this:

What the gently caress is all that space for? The man draws a gun twenty times the necessary size.
It's where the lasers live.

Shameless posted:

It often goes unnoticed but despite being a much better artist than Liefeld, Mignola also seems to have issues with feet.

The best part is that even Mignola has Cannonball just flying somewhere away from everyone else.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

The best part is that even Mignola has Cannonball just flying somewhere away from everyone else.

"I'm goin' out for dinner, anybody want anything SON OF A BITCH why didn't you guys tell me the photographer was here?"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shameless posted:

Mignola has a lot of issues he has stated that he hates drawing technically stuff like cars for example. He really strikes me as a kinda lazy artist who doesn't seem like he wants to develop himself.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Alhazred posted:

Mignola has a lot of issues he has stated that he hates drawing technically stuff like cars for example. He really strikes me as a kinda lazy artist who doesn't seem like he wants to develop himself.

I wouldn't say that as you can definitely see an improvement over the years. He has definitely refined his style. poo poo, if I could draw like Mignola does now I'd sit back and say "Yeah, job done, I rule"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shameless posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a subtle pisstake an homage.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Alhazred posted:

I'm really glad I'm not the only one to notice his laziness. Pretty much every humanoid non-human monster it seems like he's drawn in the BPRD universe has the exact same face, for instance. I think he's an incredibly interesting writer, but I wish he would at least try for variety in his images.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Has Dido ever gone on record on the DC Animated Universe such as Justice League. It seems like a lot of what made the cartoons enjoyable is what DC is running away from or actively burying. I know I grew up with a lot of people who see Wally West as the Flash and Jon Stewart as the Green Lantern because of Justice League. And when you say Lex Luthor chances are people hear Clancy Brown in their heads.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think you should consider yourself lucky he hasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedit posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a subtle pisstake an homage.

He posted a half dozen examples showing that Mignola doesn't often draw feet.