Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Finally got ahold of Fire Pro. Now if I could just learn how to play it…

1: get CAWs
2: have them fight each other
3: done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I Before E posted:

1: get CAWs
2: have them fight each other
3: done.

With FPW Returns, I made CAWs of all the Presidents. Never finished fleshing out their movesets (apart from finishers) but it's still fun to watch.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Would it be worth making a dedicated fire pro thread, with a
Kickass OP, An explanation about the psn download, and great pack download links

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sure!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

With FPW Returns, I made CAWs of all the Presidents. Never finished fleshing out their movesets (apart from finishers) but it's still fun to watch.

You know Obama needs to have the F5. Brock Obama.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

simosimo posted:

Kickass OP, An explanation about the psn download, and great pack download links

That'd be great!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've been playing the ever-loving crap out of FPR over the past month. The past week in general I've run three round robin tournaments, which worked out great for me because now I know how a round robin tournament works.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NienNunb posted:

I've been playing the ever-loving crap out of FPR over the past month. The past week in general I've run three round robin tournaments, which worked out great for me because now I know how a round robin tournament works.

You know what you have to do now.

Go watch the entire 2013 G1 Climax, since it's round robin too.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

NienNunb posted:

TNA wants to talk to you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

You know what you have to do now.

Go watch the entire 2013 G1 Climax, since it's round robin too.

Oh I watched about 80% of the matches already, I just had no idea what the points meant or why people who had been beaten were wrestling again. How I got through 20 years of life without ever learning how Round Robin tournaments work is unheard of.

sk posted:

TNA wants to talk to you.

Then again...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

simosimo posted:

do this and i will probably be more motivated to continue making Compilation HulkaPack updates!!

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

John Cena drag racing game on iOS.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I Before E posted:

You know Obama needs to have the F5. Brock Obama.

Probably better than what I actually gave him. (I don't remember offhand--been a while since I fired it up.)

Though not very effective, my favorite is still James Madison's--a series of punches, called "The Bill of Rights and Lefts."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I wonder if John Cena still hangs out with Tony, his friend who helped him defeat Better-Than-U-Topia.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if John Cena still hangs out with Tony, his friend who helped him defeat Better-Than-U-Topia.
John Cena's a terrible friend. Also, Tony is Bryan Williams.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coconono def Zinyak (deadlift German. suplex)

I love this game so much.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Saw this on Reddit this morning

quote:

I had a good 20 minute demo of WWE 2K14 and here is my short recap:
-It looks like WWE 13. And 12. -New reversal system feels smoother, but looks wonky in some of the transitions. -The addition to dialogue not in cut scenes is pretty cool (Daniel Bryan chanting YES in his entrance, Foley going BANG BANG, etc) -30 Years of WM mode is a carbon copy of Attitude Era mode, just with different matches and objectives. The menu or pacing didn't change from last year. -AI seems a little picked up. My match with Foley in 30 Years mode went about 7 minutes and Foley went for finishers and signatures, the game was locked on easy for the demo.
Overall, I hope this is the last year that Yukes is involved with the WWE series. They are a lazy developer who cuts corners and has gotten complacent with the bare minimum. I hope that with Universe 3.0 that this game is more of a standalone than a very intricate expansion pack for WWE 13.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Sounds like a purchase when it hits $20 or less.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Parlett316 posted:

Sounds like a purchase when it hits $20 or less.

Black Friday sale!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Black Friday sale!

This. I am not buying a WWE game on release day for the foreseeable future. You know the price on that poo poo is gonna drop like a stone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've known of a few people that were picking up used copies of WWE 13 a few days after its release date.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

coconono posted:

I've known of a few people that were picking up used copies of WWE 13 a few days after its release date.

I somehow have got the last 2 for 20 release month.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Saw this on Reddit this morning

So a game that was mostly created while the publisher either went through bankruptcy or was changing to 2K is going to be kinda low-quality and a lot like last year's title? Color me stunned.

Really all 2K can do is polish up the Yuke's turd as much as possible, get working on a better next-gen engine, and start bringing features in ASAP. Next year's game is going to be next-gen, you'd imagine, so it's going to *also* have it's own share of problems thanks to that. I just hope they keep the momentum going the right direction.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

harperdc posted:

Next year's game is going to be next-gen, you'd imagine, so it's going to *also* have it's own share of problems thanks to that. I just hope they keep the momentum going the right direction.

Next year's game is also going to be on the current consoles, so it'll probably be a stripped down version of what we usually get

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The moral of the story: don't get excited about a WWE game because Cory Ledesma promised you something new and exciting.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Are we seriously already making excused as to why WWE 2K15 will be horrible?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Astro7x posted:

Are we seriously already making excused as to why WWE 2K15 will be horrible?

I prefer to think of it as tempering our expectations

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
RE Wrestling Game news:

I have teamed up with a programmer and we're working on a 'no mercy style' wrestling game for the PC. We have an early alpha build of the engine so it's not all hear-say like most start up projects. I joined up as a texture artist/graphic designer and so far things are looking well.

The dude needed help with the creative side as he's primarily a programmer, so enter simosimo!

The game will have the usual international promotions [think MDickie universe] and will also feature world saves [think Fire Pro R savegames], so you could technically have a 90's world without interfering with other worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlL9cHiulJA

So i'm essentially in charge of getting the look right, that means designing the promotions in the game e.g:

Each fed will be inspired by their real life counterparts, and full fleshed out [aprons and etc]. Rockstar games are my influence, how they flesh out stuff they don't even NEED to, but they do because they're awesome.

It's gonna be a fun ride.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Yes! Yes! Yes!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

simosimo posted:

RE Wrestling Game news:

I have teamed up with a programmer and we're working on a 'no mercy style' wrestling game for the PC. We have an early alpha build of the engine so it's not all hear-say like most start up projects. I joined up as a texture artist/graphic designer and so far things are looking well.

The dude needed help with the creative side as he's primarily a programmer, so enter simosimo!

The game will have the usual international promotions [think MDickie universe] and will also feature world saves [think Fire Pro R savegames], so you could technically have a 90's world without interfering with other worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlL9cHiulJA

So i'm essentially in charge of getting the look right, that means designing the promotions in the game e.g:

Each fed will be inspired by their real life counterparts, and full fleshed out [aprons and etc]. Rockstar games are my influence, how they flesh out stuff they don't even NEED to, but they do because they're awesome.

It's gonna be a fun ride.

I hope you have Battlarts (I'm sorry, Fighting Investigation Team Battlarts) and RINGS for maximum "who??? What??? Why?????"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well that, and so you can have matches where Daisuke Ikeda and Kazunari Murakami punch people square in the face. I love using those two in FPR.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Well it's possible, promotions/federations are likely to be modules, so you can install/add/remove whatever you like - provided someone has made it. I like the idea of having a european tournament, loved reading about those in Brets/Foleys book.

More art - tackling those current day feds!

And let's not forget social media!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

simosimo posted:

Well it's possible, promotions/federations are likely to be modules, so you can install/add/remove whatever you like - provided someone has made it. I like the idea of having a european tournament, loved reading about those in Brets/Foleys book.

More art - tackling those current day feds!

And let's not forget social media!

Just a minor quibble, I think you meant "premier" instead of "premiere" on the USWrestling banner there. "Premier" in this instance refers to "first in quality" (or "best", or "highest quality"). Whereas "premiere" generally means "first showing" (i.e., "debut"). :v:

Looking forward to seeing how you guys do with this, too. :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just a minor quibble, I think you meant "premier" instead of "premiere" on the USWrestling banner there. "Premier" in this instance refers to "first in quality" (or "best", or "highest quality"). Whereas "premiere" generally means "first showing" (i.e., "debut"). :v:

Looking forward to seeing how you guys do with this, too. :)

Thanks! Nothing final at this point just toying with the design style. Actually, I remember watching a Premier league football match and the commentator was american and he kept on pronouncing 'premier' as PREEEMEIIIEEEREEE [that has always stuck with me til this day in my head].

Also with regards to creating wrestlers:

Unleash your inner child (or creativity) with .PNG textures. Just draw what you like in your image program, save the texture, and it's automatically in game.

Not only that, you can name the file what you like and the game automatically capitalises AND displays the name in the CAW menu. Just look at this scar and Al Snow style scribble on this poor guy. No effort, no difficulty.

Even I can't wait to see what the final thing will end up being like.

ps - these character textures aren't mine, so look forward to tackling them too.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Will there be custom stories? Because I like custom stories in the WWE games.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

Unleash your inner child (or creativity) with .PNG textures. Just draw what you like in your image program, save the texture, and it's automatically in game.

Can you finish the game by tomorrow?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Not quite :) - little update, moving bodies!

http://youtu.be/TuJNCLi7o_4

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
This is the only indie game on the planet that isn't a Kickstarter?

Hope it's good!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

simosimo posted:

Not quite :) - little update, moving bodies!

http://youtu.be/TuJNCLi7o_4

You've already done more than Pro Wrestling X has in the past 11 years, so great work! I'm really looking forward to this.

e: For bonus points, get permission for an MDickie wrestler and have him always refuse to form a tag team

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks, time to show the world a game that players actually want.

• Locked thread