Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

I gotta imagine like 80% of being a personal assistant is scoring drugs for the famous person you work for. The other 20% is paying off one night stands to not run to Page 6. Or disposing of the rolled-up carpet containing the body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVG0m3ke16o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

prefect posted:

That's news to me. (But I haven't been paying super-close attention.) Does this mean that Teddy or some other office worker was involved at some point? Maybe just as an intermediary.

To paraphrase, "I'd go downstairs and the doorman would have a little package waiting for me." So I guess that could either mean that the doorman was involved or that it was getting dropped off in discreet packages. Probably the former. Anyway, that part starts around 11:00 and then they circle back around to more Stern stuff later on.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Skitz posted:

To paraphrase, "I'd go downstairs and the doorman would have a little package waiting for me." So I guess that could either mean that the doorman was involved or that it was getting dropped off in discreet packages. Probably the former. Anyway, that part starts around 11:00 and then they circle back around to more Stern stuff later on.

Well that explains why he would fall asleep during the news but was wide eyed and alert for the rest of the show.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I'm halfway through the Todd Packer channel Magic Johnson collection and it's unreal. I highly recommend it. I can honestly say that I've never heard as much joy in Howard's voice than when he is breaking down each episode of the Magic Hour.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I got the Magic Hour collection from this thread a few years ago, it's brilliant stuff.

In other Stern related news, while searching for the theme yesterday, I discovered that Robin's old "HEYYYY HOW'S YOUR NEWWWWSSS" music was the theme to an actual news show hosted by mentally and physically handicapped people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6aR7j6fmM

It's actually pretty great in a non wack pack kind of way, and just goes to show that even the retarded people in the wack pack are probably looked down on by other retarded people.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The Magic Hour pack is one of the greatest things ever and really showed how much show biz power Howard had back in his late 90s peak.

I mean Magic Johnson flew Howard and his crew 3000 miles on a private jet to have him literally fart all over his show, and then just totally dominate him and take over the whole hour appearance. All for a one night ratings boost. Magic Johnson has that whole "nice guy" persona, but I got to imagine that was probably the most humiliating thing the he has ever had to do.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^
The best part of that saga was Howard's meta-level mocking of the entertainment biz... Whoever produced the Magic Hour literally just said, hey, people like this guy, let's give him a show. They never seemed to have a plan for anything, which made it that much easier for Howard to hijack the show.

Manifest posted:

I got the Magic Hour collection from this thread a few years ago, it's brilliant stuff.

In other Stern related news, while searching for the theme yesterday, I discovered that Robin's old "HEYYYY HOW'S YOUR NEWWWWSSS" music was the theme to an actual news show hosted by mentally and physically handicapped people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6aR7j6fmM

It's actually pretty great in a non wack pack kind of way, and just goes to show that even the retarded people in the wack pack are probably looked down on by other retarded people.

Hey now, I had always wondered about the origin of that clip, thanks.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Laaaas Vegas

Laaaaas Veeeegas

Jennifer Hollaway

Jennifer Hollaway

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I can't find a clip of that Las Vegas Jennifer Holloway song, anyone have a link?

Also, when did they stop using the "How's your News" song and switch to fan parodies?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

an adult beverage posted:

I can't find a clip of that Las Vegas Jennifer Holloway song, anyone have a link?

Also, when did they stop using the "How's your News" song and switch to fan parodies?

I got both songs at home. When I get off of work ill upload them somewhere.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone have some hosting to put the mp3s? It seems that foxbert is not up anymore.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I had no idea that SA's own Captain Dan was on AGT last year.
http://agt.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Dan_%26_The_Scurvy_Crew :pirate:

Sasquatch! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 8, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Sasquatch! posted:

I had no idea that SA's own Captain Dan was on AGT last year.
http://agt.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Dan_%26_The_Scurvy_Crew :pirate:

Not that I'd argue that pirate rap deserved to win, it should have at least been allowed to finish. The way the judges Xed them so fast made me chuckle at how old they all are; olds just don't 'get' the internet and that was a shining example.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't know. There was nothing 'internet humor' about it. Every aspect of it was horrible.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

That Captain Dan poo poo is pure cringey douche chills.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Joe Don Baker posted:

I don't know. There was nothing 'internet humor' about it. Every aspect of it was horrible.

"Internet humor" is code for unfunny poo poo you support anyway because its from the internet.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

That Captain Dan poo poo is pure cringey douche chills.

It is. Absolutely awful mega-nerd bait.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Robin is tweeting again!
https://twitter.com/rqui

She says she rode her bike out to the shore or something.

George is in this week!

MAYBE ROBIN IS COMING BACK

(I sincerely believe that her absence is killing the show, and also really want to hear good news about her health)

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Her face has aged so well, shame her hair hasn't.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Wasco Jr. posted:

Her face has aged so well, shame her hair hasn't.

Pretty sure chemo took care of that.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Manifest posted:

MAYBE ROBIN IS COMING BACK

She retweeted this:

Ru Paul posted:

Feel like a woman, wear no panties to work monday

geera
May 20, 2003
Robin is telling the story (with constant interruption from Howard) of her absence. If you guessed cancer, you won!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I missed all that. Can you give us a recap?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
How many times did Howard interrupt and ask a question, and before she had a chance to answer he rephrases the question while saying "in other words."

That seems to be Howard's new fact of the matter, and boy does he do it constantly.

geera
May 20, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

I missed all that. Can you give us a recap?
The long-story short version is that she went to a wedding in Pittsburg early last year and couldn't pee (had the urge, nothing would come out). She had to go to the ER and wound up with a catheter. When she got back to NYC and went to the doctor they found a mass the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen that was pressing on "all her organs." She had surgery to remove it that lasted 12 hours and afterward had to have temporary catheters and a temporary colostomy bag as part of the recovery. It ended up being uterine cancer.

She went through radiation and a couple rounds of chemotherapy and lost all her hair. The good news is that her doctors declared her totally cured (not in remission, actually cured). She is still waiting for eyelashes and her eyebrows to grow back in, but she has "some hair" on her head now.

-Atom- posted:

How many times did Howard interrupt and ask a question, and before she had a chance to answer he rephrases the question while saying "in other words."
Constantly. I figure it was his way of dealing with a very emotional situation, but you know how he can't let anyone go too long without hijacking their story of beating cancer to remind everyone how harrible it was for him also.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Well thank god she took full advantage of modern medical science this time.

geera posted:

Constantly. I figure it was his way of dealing with a very emotional situation, but you know how he can't let anyone go too long without hijacking their story of beating cancer to remind everyone how harrible it was for him also.

"Robin I know things were rough for you, it's almost exactly like the time I was eating at Nobu and I noticed the waiter coughed once right before he brought out our food. I'm pretty sure I had salmonella poisoning for two weeks."

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm surprised the doctors would tell her that she's cured so soon after treatment. Don't you need to go a certain number of years without it returning before they declare that you're 'cured'?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm surprised the doctors would tell her that she's cured so soon after treatment. Don't you need to go a certain number of years without it returning before they declare that you're 'cured'?

Depends on the cancer and treatment. If you catch it early enough and are aggressive enough they can cure it completely. You are still at greater risk and must have cancer screenings regularly.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Yeah, I've rarely heard the word "Cured" when it comes to cancer. You either have it or you don't. And by looking at her Twitter feed I see she's back to drinking wheat grass. You know, if I just went through all of this and was her age I think I would just say gently caress it and eat real food.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah I was hoping she'd be scared straight into eating normal and healthy stuff instead of green drink and fad diets.

geera
May 20, 2003

EngineerJoe posted:

She mentioned that her doctor told her the normal course of action would be to have scans every couple months to confirm it was really gone, but apparently she was so confident that it was gone she said all that would just be a formality. It was actually interesting to hear how things unfolded over the last year and a half or so, if you could piece it together in between Howard interrupting her to compare her extremely painful cancer to the pain of living every day with a face like his, etc.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Well thank god she took full advantage of modern medical science this time.

Did she address this point at all? It bothers me that she mocked people for going to "traditional doctors" back when she was really preachy about this (Dr. Ronnie era).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Did she address this point at all? It bothers me that she mocked people for going to "traditional doctors" back when she was really preachy about this (Dr. Ronnie era).

Yeah but that was before the words "uterine cancer" came out of her doctor's mouth. At that point, you better believe she wanted the best care possible and not some bullshit new-age feel-good crap. I haven't heard today's show yet so I don't know if she acknowledged all the stuff she said in the past, probably not.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 9, 2013

geera
May 20, 2003
I don't think she did, but I only heard bits and pieces once I got in to work. I did hear a caller ask her if she thought her conversion to veganism cured her cancer/saved her life, and she of course said that it did.

Edit: she did have a lot of good things to say about her doctors at Sloan-Kettering, so it's not like she's still down on modern medicine. At least she didn't go the Steve Jobs route and try to cure her cancer only with dietary changes.

geera fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 9, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I can't really rag on her too much, she must've been scared shitless when she found out what was really wrong. No real purpose in rubbing her face in it now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

I can't really rag on her too much, she must've been scared shitless when she found out what was really wrong. No real purpose in rubbing her face in it now.

Now is exactly the right time to rub her face in it, since she's back to normal. (I just hope this "cured" is more real than when she claimed her mental problems had been "cured".)

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I thought she was just being lazy

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Joe Don Baker posted:

So yes, it was internet humor then.

Glad to see Robin is ready to talk about it and is feeling better. She is usually wrong, but at least I hope she is right about being cured. The show wouldn't be the same without her cackling in the background and trying not to emasculate the men on the staff.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I had melanoma under my eye a couple years ago, and I am still seeing am oncologist twice a year. My skin cancer was totally "normal" and not life threatening in the way that uterine cancer is, so I am sure she will be under he care of a doctor for the rest of her life, what with her age.

That said, I also have a one year old. I never realized how much "normal" good has cancer causing agents in them until he started on table good. It's making me crazy quite frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kelly posted:

I had melanoma under my eye a couple years ago, and I am still seeing am oncologist twice a year. My skin cancer was totally "normal" and not life threatening in the way that uterine cancer is, so I am sure she will be under he care of a doctor for the rest of her life, what with her age.

That said, I also have a one year old. I never realized how much "normal" good has cancer causing agents in them until he started on table good. It's making me crazy quite frankly.

What Causes Cancer: Everything

What Doesn't Cause Cancer: Nothing