Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Diving oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

Diving oval office.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I can't tell if I'm more offended by the over reaction, the shameless dive or the fact that he was number "1D".

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Be offended by all of it in equal measure. Also use of 'the fandom'. Also how the internet has given voice to these people.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
He threw up on the sideline too, there's nothing about this story that's not hilarious

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Redundant posted:

I can't tell if I'm more offended by the over reaction, the shameless dive or the fact that he was number "1D".

He left Petrov's cancer testimonial early because someone knocked him over. I'd go with that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If someone offered me the chance to play in a charity game with some pros I'd say yes too, I have no issues with the popstar boy.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Hoops posted:

If someone offered me the chance to play in a charity game with some pros I'd say yes too, I have no issues with the popstar boy.

He's just mad he didn't get clattered by someone more famous. Surely he knew this would happen.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

If you wouldn't kick a popstar when given the chance, I don't know what you're doing with your life.

But if you're on pitch with some pros and you aren't the one trying to send people home injured, I also don't know what you're doing with your life. Sure, picking on Gabby would probably send you home with a hosed leg, but don't sulk about it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It happens all the time.

I played in a charity game last year with some ex rangers pros. I'm a pretty decent footballer, but nowhere near the level of even retired guys. They roughed me about, but not out of malice. I just wasn't good enough and kept getting caught on the ball.

It's clear wee Louis is probably a decent footballer, but when he's playing against guys that play full time in the so called best league in the world, I think it's only natural he was going to get caught.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people
Here's a few pictures from today. They're not great 'cause they're all from my phone but what can you do eh? We all had a great time, it was naturally very emotional but I'm overjoyed that I got to see one of my boyhood heroes get the send off he deserves.

Celtic Park a couple of hours before the game. This picture doesn't really do it justice, it was mobbed.

During the warm up.

Thankfully we got a full house in time for kick off.

It was pretty clear at times the gulf in fitness between the current pros and the retirees on the Celtic XI. I wish I'd gotten a picture of Berbatov telling of Bobo for tackling him just like he always did, it was very much a "come on man, this is my living" moment. Ultimately subbing Baldé off is the only way to stop him clattering folk sadly.

Watching Bobby Petta put crosses in for Larsson was surreal, like I was suddenly a kid again. I could still watch Henrik play every week; my all time favourite player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9HYj3uQuQ
60,000 people singing You'll Never Walk Alone for Stan before the game. Not pictured is my dad crying next to me afterwards, something I've only seen him do maybe twice in my life beforehand. I meant to get the 19th minute cheers and the applause when he went off/came back on but... I was too busy cheering. Sorry!

With regards to Louis Tomlinson, fair play to the boy. He's doing it for charity, obviously loves football, took some a fair bit of stick from sizeable section of the crowd but didn't let it phase him too much. He wasn't terrible by any means either. He was however tiny and looked it. He took a really sore one largely based on the fact that a professional athlete collided with his fairly slight frame. There was no way he wasn't going to get hauled out of the stadium after he was sick either because his management would have to go and get him checked out for insurance reasons (I work with these people, it's always the case). He is however going to be in serious bother at the charity match he's playing for Doncaster's reserves because the moment he's on the ball he's going to get halved and there's no way he can take 90 minutes of that.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Soylent Green posted:

Pictures and stuff (edited out because its a big post)

Great stuff, great pictures. Nice, nice.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Thanks Soylent Green. Proper good report.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
On the subject of the Petrov testimonial

TV coverage of the crowd singing YNWA

Pretty moving stuff

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Reminder that The Secret Footballer once wrote about his first tackle from a Premier League player http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/aug/10/secret-footballer-undercover-premier-league

quote:

Other than the money, one of the main things that stands out in the Premier League, especially at the top clubs, is that a lot of the players are built like cruiserweights. They are solid, the tackles feel stronger and the tussles are that much harder to win. (Antonio Valencia once blocked a clearance of mine and I swear it was like being hit by a car. That's what I remember thinking as several fans helped me out of the stand and back on the pitch.)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brighterday posted:

Reminder that The Secret Footballer once wrote about his first tackle from a Premier League player http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/aug/10/secret-footballer-undercover-premier-league

Bit shameful to admit, this. Valencia probably weighs about 150 lbs. tops.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I still reckon I could take on most of Arsenal at the same time and win in a pwoppah rumble.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I still reckon I could take on most of Arsenal at the same time and win in a pwoppah rumble.

Same I'd love to shithouse Little Jack Wilshere, I daydream about it often.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Brighterday posted:

Weren't we meant to be working out who the Secret Footballer was based on this incident? Did it ever happen?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Al2001 posted:

Weren't we meant to be working out who the Secret Footballer was based on this incident? Did it ever happen?

It's Dave Kitson, someone hosed up a while back and didn't edit his voice during an interview. He also matches everything else.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

It's Dave Kitson, someone hosed up a while back and didn't edit his voice during an interview. He also matches everything else.

I thought the secret footballer player for England?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

I thought the secret footballer player for England?

Nah, he's eligible. Never capped. I don't even know why the site is running anymore, it was actually confirmed, then everyone pretended it didn't happen.

Rossy
Oct 25, 2004

vaginal culture posted:

Valencia is a tank

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

vaginal culture posted:

Valencia is a loving beast

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Al2001 posted:

http://youtu.be/ejw2n5bv_lo

Here's the clearance he alluded to and like Spangly A said, everything else seemed to match up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Rossy posted:

Valencia is a tank

You spelled twink wrong. He's pretty small.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

vaginal culture posted:

You spelled twink wrong. He's pretty small.

he's 5'11 and 171 lbs of muscle. You couldn't be more wrong

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ayb posted:

he's 5'11 and 171 lbs of muscle. You couldn't be more wrong

This is getting off topic but I won't even make eye contact with someone under 200 lbs. That is not big.

Now here's a man I can respect.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjDaW3VXjnw&t=344s

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress everything about that game.

Rossy
Oct 25, 2004

vaginal culture posted:

This is getting off topic but I won't even make eye contact with someone under 200 lbs. That is not big.

Now here's a man I can respect.

Fat oval office

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Rossy posted:

Fat oval office

Nice dog whistle racism, that dude is stacked and loving life.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Rossy posted:

Fat oval office

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

this picture always makes me chuckle due to the white guy in the background benching about 20kg who must be thinking "Jesus Christ why won't he leave?!?!"

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Rossy posted:

Fat oval office

Don't disrespect TRP's official favourite footballer

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

now in gif form

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Screen Error posted:

Don't disrespect TRP's official favourite footballer

Isn't that Ricky Lambert? Maybe we should have a Football Personality of the Year thread around Christmas to find out.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tzen posted:

now in gif form

Still can't believe he got a yellow for that and will be out next game. But, as we all know, it's CONCACAF.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

I bet Valencia can bench, squat, and deadlift more than you.

He's a thick lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

• Locked thread