Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

IrvingWashington posted:

...and double-posting to add

I'm IrvingWashington and I oath this bitz-bashed Genestealer from Games Workshop (28mm) for September

Karnegal posted:

:siren: I, Karnegal, oath to paint two Blighted Nyss Shepherd and one Warspear Chieftain by Privateer Press for the month of September

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath the following minis for September:

2 Slave Drones (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm)
Descent minis (Fantasy Flight Games, 28mm): 6 beastmen, 3 master beastmen, 6 skeletons, 3 master skeletons, 10 heroes.

4 heroes are primed white, everything else is bare plastic.

drgnvale posted:

I, Drgnvale, oath that I will paint this Plastic Space Marine Librarian, without the space baby (I've got plans for him (I don't have plans for him :smith:))

Zhent posted:

I, Zhent, oath one Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 Overpriced Librarian

ACCEPTED

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: :siren: Hijacking the top of a new page with this reminder for prize winners to get in touch! :siren: :siren:
:siren:
:siren: Get in touch ASAP with your mailing address!
:siren:
:siren: Fork Banger :siren: (see the Dragon Forge info in the prize section of the OP so you can tell me what base(s) you want)
:siren: ijyt :siren: (have a look at the Troll Trader info in the prize section of the OP and choose an item!)
:siren: :siren:

Please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail - If you've already sent me your info, please accept my apologies and just re-send your details.

Also copying in this info for the 40K mini-comp voting that's going on right now! I'd like to get as many votes as possible before the end of next Sunday!
The 40K painter's prize slideshow is now available: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5920924710944512609?authkey=CL2Mvozy64bG2QE

This one is JUST for people who completed oaths for 40K gaming last month, who are eligible for the Blood Angels Captain model that was donated to the thread. The list of eligible goons is:
Android
Bavius
Booley
Brock Samsonite
ChanceII
Cowoncrack
Dagon
Deanut Pancer
Direwolf
Dr. Gargunza
Dr. Red Ranger
Galaspar
Germ
Gomo
Haydrian
ijyt
indolent bastard
ineptmule
Irving Washington
JesusIsTehCool
Khadul
Lord Hypnostache
Matgash
mmtheblue
Monoliths
Namenlos
NTrabbit
Raphus C
Red Herring
Slimnoid
SRM
thiswayliesmadness
White Out Mouse
Zhent

These goons completed an oath in August that consisted of at least one model for 40K tabletop gaming.

Here's how we're going to pick a winner:
1. Anyone whose name is listed above can vote for the model they think is best out of the 40K slideshow link at the top of this post.
2. Make a separate post in THIS thread (don't tack it onto a picture post), with 40K VOTE in your post (be sure to use the [b] tags). Add in the username of the person you think painted the best model (by whatever judgement protocols you choose to use).
3. Be sure to use SPOILER TAGS so we can maintain a sense of mystery! That means put [ spoiler ] at the start of your choice, and [ /spoiler ] at the end of your choice's name (without spaces). This will make your vote look like this: krushgroove
4. You can't vote for your own model.
5. Because not everyone has PMs this is the only way we can make this a fair and open vote. I'll make sure only the people on this list are doing the voting. Leperflesh and I will keep separate counts of the votes and in 1 week's time I'll announce the winner!
6. That should be pretty clear, so get voting!

Again, MANY huge thanks to goon Vondizimo for donating this Blood Angels Captain, a Games Day 2012 exclusive model!

If *anyone* wants to contribute a similar (hard to find, out of print, limited edition or similarly special) model for any game that is semi-popular (purely so we get a number of people interested), get in touch with me by PM or krushgroove169 at gmail and we can set up something similar :)

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
40K Vote:

Slimnoid

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Am I allowed to add to/update my oath? This is my first month so I'm still not sure on the particulars.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Am I allowed to add to/update my oath? This is my first month so I'm still not sure on the particulars.

Yeah, just quote the original oath post you made and say you're doing an additional oath. There's some stuff in the OP under "gonna do this bonus style" or something to that effect.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

40k Vote

This was tough

Brock Samsonite

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
40k VOTE
-----------Slimnoid--

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
40K Vote
Irving Washington Very impressive job.

Germ
May 7, 2013

40k Vote

Mr. Irving Washington, for a characterful and unique model

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Irving Washington

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Oooh, looks like it might get tight! I'd encourage those of you voting not to look at other people's votes (this is the point of using spoiler tags), just look at the photo album and make your choice as you see fit.

While you guys are thinking over that stuff, everyone can look at the full Oath Complete slideshow for August!

The judges have their work cut out for them once again :)

Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Fly your flag Add and paint a banner, flag, pennant, etc. to your model or its base. Make it relevant to your army/faction!

Question - Is the "Fly your Flag" bonus intended to be a free-hand banner, or can it be a sculpted banner? Specifically, I'm planning on painting some Plague Drones from Games Workshop, and the standard they come with is a stick with pieces of tarnished metal in the shape of a fly hanging from it. Would painting this count for the one-time bonus?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

Question - Is the "Fly your Flag" bonus intended to be a free-hand banner, or can it be a sculpted banner? Specifically, I'm planning on painting some Plague Drones from Games Workshop, and the standard they come with is a stick with pieces of tarnished metal in the shape of a fly hanging from it. Would painting this count for the one-time bonus?

The Fly Your Flag was intended to be freehand work to earn the bonus, but since it wasn't put that way in the OP (and it's too late now to change it - maybe in the first month of the thread, but not now) it can be either. Lots of GW style banners exist that are sculpted, so we'll go with that as being fine for that bonus.

Just remember that claiming the bonus point for Fly Your Flag doesn't give you the 2 points for the Detektuv's Jurnal if you freehand it, per this post.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but I figure better late than never!

I, Dr. Clockwork, oath to paint this Skorne Tyrant Commander and Standard Bearer (Privateer Press)!

I would like to add to my original oath the following: Combined Army 3 Morat Vanguard and 1 Daturazi Witch Soldier for the 28mm Infinity game.

Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Just remember that claiming the bonus point for Fly Your Flag doesn't give you the 2 points for the Detektuv's Jurnal if you freehand it, per this post.

Cool!No worries about that last bit. I'm not looking to be Flying the Flag now, just planning for the future.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
:siren: ineptmule oaths a trio of Tau battlesuits (1 XV8-05, 1 XV89, 1 XV88) from Games Workshop and Forge World for the month of September :siren:

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint one Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Emperor's Champion for the month of September. :siren:

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

40K VOTE Gonna go with ___Red Herring___ Dag that's cool

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Also doubleposting Oath for this month:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath up 4 Eldar Warp Spiders + Exarch, Warhammer 40k range, made by Games Workshop.

Got some new Infinity digs for next month. You guys paint a lot of it but I can't find anyone to play it with!

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, oath a kitbashed Ork Biker Warboss for the month of September

Model(s) by Games Workshop, and not totally finished with assembly, I still need to finish rigging up the back of the bike with a trophy rack and banner. Only 30 days this month, plus a new WoW patch coming out, this one's going to be tough to finish on time...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I would like to add to my original oath the following: Combined Army 3 Morat Vanguard and 1 Daturazi Witch Soldier for the 28mm Infinity game.

ineptmule posted:

:siren: ineptmule oaths a trio of Tau battlesuits (1 XV8-05, 1 XV89, 1 XV88) from Games Workshop and Forge World for the month of September :siren:

Mmtheblue posted:

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint one Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Emperor's Champion for the month of September. :siren:

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath up 4 Eldar Warp Spiders + Exarch, Warhammer 40k range, made by Games Workshop.

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, oath a kitbashed Ork Biker Warboss for the month of September

Consider all of these...

ACCEPTED!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
poo poo. I've been making pretty good headway on the Grave Guard I oathed. They're all basecoated and I'm shading them right now. Unfortunately I found one little sucker tucked away among the zombies which I've somehow overlooked. :(

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Time to get back on the wagon.

Oathing a Games Workshop Ghost Ark

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
For a second there I thought you'd made pogo stick Necrons. You should make that.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
40K VOTE Galaspar, surprisingly enough

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
40K VOTE --------Slimnoid----------

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
40K Vote Namenlos. It's that or no supper

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
40k Vote Irving Washington. It is a hard choice, but this model struck me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's still nine goons left to vote, and nobody has more than 7 votes... so it's still anyone's model! Literally anyone can win, still, so if you are eligible and haven't voted yet, get your vote in!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I feel remarkably uninspired. I just dont have the inclination to paint. Hopefully this will clear before the end of the month, but ive made no progress so far.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
In the middle of buying a house - my inspiration to paint has not struck. Fix wants to see a battlewagon though so I'm gonna have to get on that.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Fix posted:

I, Fix, oath to paint these 11 genestealers and 1 Broodlord.

poo poo. I better get busy.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Kommando posted:

I feel remarkably uninspired. I just dont have the inclination to paint. Hopefully this will clear before the end of the month, but ive made no progress so far.

You and me both, my oathed mini is just sitting staring at me, not even bothered getting him undercoated. I'm totally uninspired by the model but it's one of those ones that will be forever unpainted if I don't force myself to do something with him. Still, there's plenty of time yet.. (famous last words)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Time to get back on the wagon.

Oathing a Games Workshop Ghost Ark

Accepted

Namenlos posted:

40K VOTE Galaspar, surprisingly enough

Galaspar posted:

40K Vote Namenlos. It's that or no supper

...there is...something going on here...something...yeah...

Leperflesh posted:

There's still nine goons left to vote, and nobody has more than 7 votes... so it's still anyone's model! Literally anyone can win, still, so if you are eligible and haven't voted yet, get your vote in!

I suppose just in case I/we might have to make a tiebreaker vote - I've had one in mind since the pictures were first posted, just in case it comes down to a tie.

COME ON YOU 40K PAINTERS - GET YOUR VOTES IN!
If your name is on the list at the top of this thread page, you've got a vote to cast!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 11, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Slimnoid for his progressive not all white guys marines.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
40K Vote:

Slimnoid- I like the idea of a full squad as an oath and then to see it executed so well is awesome. Oh and then a sexy character to lead them and terrain to play with. That's 40k. Nice work.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bavius posted:

In the middle of buying a house - my inspiration to paint has not struck. Fix wants to see a battlewagon though so I'm gonna have to get on that.

That poo poo'll happen, persevere, it rocks when you get there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Did I miss your approval of Harkano's Oath?

quote:

I suppose just in case I/we might have to make a tiebreaker vote - I've had one in mind since the pictures were first posted, just in case it comes down to a tie.

Oh, hmm yeah, tiebreaker. Well I suppose we could just do a runoff vote, but maybe your idea will be more fun!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Did I miss your approval of Harkano's Oath?

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath This butcher Unleashed, 2 War Argus(ses.. Argusii), and 1 War Dog (Privateer Press)

I did mean to accept it, and accidentally wrote out 'make sure your timestamp is in focus' to Ledgem instead. But a couple of clicks later I can see the full-res pic on Imgur and so this is Accepted. Sorry, Harkano!

quote:

Oh, hmm yeah, tiebreaker. Well I suppose we could just do a runoff vote, but maybe your idea will be more fun!

Maybe we can take a vote on how to break the tie vote! ;) Either way sounds OK, but I need to have SOME fun! I have some Blood Bowl orcs I want to oath, but I can hardly accept my own oath picture, can I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

:black101:Fight to the death!:black101:

• Locked thread