Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Caceres hosed up his knee playing for Uruguay. He's being flown back to Italy to be evaluated by Juve's medical staff, seems like he won't be available any time soon.

gently caress this international break, that's this poster's opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Palermo won a game! It's been so long!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

silvergoose posted:

Palermo won a game! It's been so long!

They won two weeks ago yeah?

This is ruining my Gattuso first-fired prediction. I read that if Genoa doesn't win the derby this coming weekend Liverani will get thrown out.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gigi Galli posted:

This is ruining my Gattuso first-fired prediction. I read that if Genoa doesn't win the derby this coming weekend Liverani will get thrown out.

Don't worry, Zamp just said Gattuso's safe from the sack. Four days ago I think?

He's got less than a week and the prediction is on course.

e; Woah, I checked for an article, Gattuso is looking as ruggedly good as ever. Him, Boban, Pirlo and Maldini should go modelling and then go out to a HUGE party imo.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

You mean the draw against Modena?

edit: oh I guess they won a coppa match, but I meant league games I suppose.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Serie A wages in the league. Wages at a 5 year low.

Charlotte Hornets fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 9, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Really good interviews today with Pradè and Macia, lets you understand a lot of the behind the scenes; specifically for Fiorentina but in general for all teams, during (and especially between) transfer market sessions. It also speaks alot of current goals of Fiorentina in the short and long term.

For example, Rossi, who we bought in January 2013 for the current championship, was being followed since Summer 2012, contacted in September and finalized (unofficially) in November 2012. Similarly, Gomez was approached in January 2013 and by May was all but a Fiorentina player, the 2 further months were to hammer out the details and get a proper offer for Jovetic.

Speaking of Jovetic, both his and Ljajic's departures were resolved amicably, both players accepted the better deal for Fiorentina so all parties gained from it (Fiorentina, the players, Roma, MC). This is in contrast with Montolivo who in 2011 refused a transfer to Roma for 6 million euros because "it wouldn't have been fair for the fans of Fiorentina". Granted, he somewhat minimally helped us not get relegated that year (maybe 2 matches out of 38), but he then ended up in Milan for free.

Macia revealed that last year's theme for Fiorentina, and the instructions from Della Valle, were to "entertain the fans", which they passed cum laude I would say, while this year it's "Win". I hope they are as successful :D

Other interesting tidbit was Pradè confirming we're gonna go for all three competitions equally, tho I think we only have chances for the Cups, championship is still a Juve thing outside of miracles.

He also says that they hope that in January they will only stand aside and watch other clubs buy, cause it means they did their job already in the summer.

Final tidbit, Pradè also said, and at this point I don't think it's an empty boast, that they already know who they're gonna buy next transfer window; my interpretation goes t hus: Verratti was really very close to be dressed in purple this year (for the second year running); when P&M speak of Gomez's purchase they speak of a "dream come true" and when asked about Verratti they say "if Fiorentina confirms itself this year, other dreams can come true..."

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Serie A wages in the league. Wages at a 5 year low.

I think this is a good thing, and with Juventus and Napoli looking like they'll be competitive in the CL, it's hard to say something bad about it. Now there are plenty of teams (Milan...) that are overpaying for poo poo, but I think every league has this problem. I think the idea of bonuses for performances is the way forward rather than enormous base salaries that let players sit on the bench and collect obscene paychecks for doing nothing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

De Sciglio has damaged the meniscus in one of his knees in training and is yet to be evaluated. Abate is out for 8-10 days with the injury he picked up playing for Italy. Silvestre is out with whatever the gently caress he did to himself the literal second we signed him. Bonera thankfully is also out. Of course now we have no right backs. Fantastic.

I seriously have no idea who will play there this weekend. Nocerino?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Maybe Poli?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Maybe Poli?

I'd rather have him in the midfield though I guess that would work in a pinch. Man, what a mess. gently caress internationals!!!!!

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Poli at right back sucks because he has been our best midfielder so far this season, IMO.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

grvm posted:

Poli at right back sucks because he has been our best midfielder so far this season, IMO.

Yeah, I just remember seeing him at right back during the preseason and thought maybe he was explicitly defined as the emergency rb. Zaccardo is who is being speculated at rb in the press right now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yeah, I just remember seeing him at right back during the preseason and thought maybe he was explicitly defined as the emergency rb. Zaccardo is who is being speculated at rb in the press right now.

Ah I completely forgot he was still in the side, haha. This would work, I'd much rather have Poli in the midfield than waste him back there. If Cerci is playing in the middle again, it'll be the CB's that have to handle him anyway.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

enormous base salaries that let players sit on the bench and collect obscene paychecks for doing nothing.

Alvaro Recoba comes to mind.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Funkysauce posted:

Alvaro Recoba comes to mind.

He was awesome once in a while though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

I'd rather have him in the midfield though I guess that would work in a pinch. Man, what a mess. gently caress internationals!!!!!

Just don't let Santon get crocked

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Scott Bakula posted:

Just don't let Santon get crocked

He hasn't been called up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought there might still be time for him to be called up if everyone else was getting injured

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The "Ultras" that hit the Verona bus with rocks last matchday has been identified, with the highly advanced and technological ssytem of him posting a picture on his Facebook of a rock, with the caption "Bullseye!", with tens of comments of people complimenting him on the damage caused. Including the guy that was driving him on a motorbike during the act.

La mamma del bischero è sempre incinta!
The mother of the idiot is always pregnant!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Peter Peters who is Schalkes finance director says that Boateng left Milan because he was tired of racism in Italy.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

lomzus posted:

Peter Peters who is Schalkes finance director says that Boateng left Milan because he was tired of racism in Italy.

That's nice coming from a guy who had been racially abused in Germany earlier in his career.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lomzus posted:

It's nice that this guy said that when Boateng himself clearly stated in a Schalke press conference that the move was completely for football reasons.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

It's nice that this guy said that when Boateng himself clearly stated in a Schalke press conference that the move was completely for football reasons.

To be fair he has apologized and will apologize to Boateng personally.
http://www.schalke04.de/en/news/130909_peters/page/524--86-86-.html

quote:

"As soon as I'm back at Schalke I will speak to Kevin personally and apologise for what I said. It was certainly not my intention to cast false aspersions on AC Milan or the Italian fans."

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Has Mario missed a penalty yet?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

It's in the OP http://hasbalotellimissedapenalty.com/

Congrats Italian friends, see you in Brasil :D

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

It's in the OP http://hasbalotellimissedapenalty.com/

Congrats Italian friends, see you in Brasil :D

:getin:

I feel bad saying this but I hope Giak and Candreva get broken or something because they're holding better players back. Prandelli is pulling a Lippi.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Apparently Pasqual is ok.

I hope he is anyway

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Apparently Pasqual is ok.

I hope he is anyway

Recap:

Rossi was in hospital this morning but it was in fact a programmed visit and nothing about his athletic condition: should play
Pasqual has no trauma but a giant fuckoff cut and 7 stitches - missed Cagliari and possibly Europa League match
Savic had a bad bruise from a hit during the match, should play
Pizarro has intercostal pain, should play
Mati has some pain somewhere, should play

If all is confirmed, only one of the starting XI should be Pasqual. We have Alonso, and also, we have JUAN MANUEL EL LOCO VARGAS we're gonna be fine :lol:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I just wanna see cuadrado play. Dude is amazing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

De Sciglio's out for a month :suicide:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

De Sciglio's out for a month :suicide:

Just keep reminding yourself: the squad doesn't need any more defenders.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Reminder that the derby d'Italia is the lunchtime game this weekend, so 6 am on Saturday for us on the East coast. Ugh. nm Im an rear end in a top hat

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 12, 2013

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Reminder that the derby d'Italia is the lunchtime game this weekend, so 6 am on Saturday for us on the East coast. Ugh.

Do you, or anyone else, know of a good way to watch, or at least listen, to the games in Italian? I'm starting off and even though I doubt I'll understand more than 3% of what is said, might as well get some immersion in terms of the accent when most streams are Russian.

Also, very disappointed that somehow my Italian professor is not a football fan. She's full blooded and from Italy, I didn't think that was possible!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

Do you, or anyone else, know of a good way to watch, or at least listen, to the games in Italian? I'm starting off and even though I doubt I'll understand more than 3% of what is said, might as well get some immersion in terms of the accent when most streams are Russian.

Also, very disappointed that somehow my Italian professor is not a football fan. She's full blooded and from Italy, I didn't think that was possible!

Just like lots of American's aren't baseball fans, lots of Italians aren't football fans :eng101:

If you just want to listen, RAI Radio 1 http://www.radio1.rai.it/ Broadcasts a simulcast of matches on matchday. Every now and then they figure out that Im listening from the USA and I get a different broadcast but it's fairly reliable. If that doesn't work, then you can definitely find an audio stream on lots of radio sites.

Be warned though, they speak fast. It's probably not the easiest place to pick up the language.

As for watching there's usually an Italian stream on firstrowsports for each game, you just have to check each link for a particular match til you find one.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Reminder that the derby d'Italia is the lunchtime game this weekend, so 6 am on Saturday for us on the East coast. Ugh.

FFS, I thought it was at noon Eastern, which is a common start time for Saturday games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

FFS, I thought it was at noon Eastern, which is a common start time for Saturday games.

Welp, my apologies. I had whatever setting on the website I was looking at set to local time. Save your anger, it's at 1800 CET, which is 1200 EST.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Just how poo poo are Inter at the moment? I know Juve are a great team, but Inter are 5/2 for the game. Seems like a good price for them at home no matter who they're playing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Just how poo poo are Inter at the moment? I know Juve are a great team, but Inter are 5/2 for the game. Seems like a good price for them at home no matter who they're playing.

They've won their first two matches and did it pretty handily. Jonathan and Nagatomo look particularly good and Palacio is as good as he always was. I still don't think they'll win but I'd put a ten on it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Just like lots of American's aren't baseball fans, lots of Italians aren't football fans :eng101:

Yeah, I didn't honestly expect it, just would've been cool :shobon:

quote:

If you just want to listen, RAI Radio 1 http://www.radio1.rai.it/ Broadcasts a simulcast of matches on matchday. Every now and then they figure out that Im listening from the USA and I get a different broadcast but it's fairly reliable. If that doesn't work, then you can definitely find an audio stream on lots of radio sites.

Be warned though, they speak fast. It's probably not the easiest place to pick up the language.

Oh, I'm not planning on learning much of anything specific like words through them, more just if I'm going to listen to something I can't really understand at least it should be the language I'm trying to pick up.

quote:

As for watching there's usually an Italian stream on firstrowsports for each game, you just have to check each link for a particular match til you find one.

Is it usually decent quality? I typically use wiziwig and go for the best, usually the >2000, streams.

Appreciate the help.

• Locked thread