Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I did ittttttttt. Do I get anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Some non-goon took over DGKK promising to bring it back to life.
24 hours later they said 'gently caress it' and quit for XIII.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hahahaha. I kind of expected that honestly. Did she at least pass GM back to me?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

Hahahaha. I kind of expected that honestly. Did she at least pass GM back to me?

You're so adorable!

No it's on her alt, of course. I'll ask for it myself as basically the only active member without off-guild alts.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So all the guilds are dead and not worth applying for right? I applied for NFA and didn't get accepted but I assume there isn't much benefit for a lvl 40 to join a guild (since I don't even PvE and just play CS with a friend). Maybe someone will take us in when we break into top 10 without a guild tag :smith:

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Wassbix posted:

So all the guilds are dead and not worth applying for right? I applied for NFA and didn't get accepted but I assume there isn't much benefit for a lvl 40 to join a guild (since I don't even PvE and just play CS with a friend). Maybe someone will take us in when we break into top 10 without a guild tag :smith:

They accepted my level 10 berserker and 30 slayer (Laterings/Earlyrings). I just 'SA/DGKK' in the application.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

NFA ~should~ accept you eventually, if not tell me your ingame name and I'll yell at Stallena.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 10, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Patch notes out.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-2204

Sacrificial Equipment
Deathstain weapon’s price increased from 850 to 1,700.
Deathstain chest’s price increased from 700 to 1,400.
Deathstain gloves’ price increased from 450 to 900.
Deathstain boots’ price increased from 450 to 900.

Should I spend my 15k bellicarium just buying up sac equipment? If it's going to go up in price so much.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

^^^ no

Slayer

Stagger effect has been added to Overhand Strike.
Characters will no longer be vulnerable to stagger or knockdown during the animation for the following skills:
Whirlwind
Knockdown Strike
Heart Thrust
Cooldown time of In Cold Blood has decreased to 120 seconds.
Fury Strike now reduces healing by 50 percent for 10 seconds.
Tenacity skill has changed.
Cooldown is now 30 seconds.
Added increased resistance to stuns for 5 seconds.

:aaa: finally

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Should I spend Belli on anything before tomorrow's patch?

This is the change I dread the most :(

Battleground matching team point difference has been lowered from 100 to 50.

We're almost at 1300 rating on CS and I wonder if this is going to fill our team with bigger retards than normal just for balance.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On a similar note, is it even worth it for me to get a Regentsvest and enchant it to +9 or save the cash for MW/enchanting the new tier? I'm rocking the jax trust chest and it has the stats I want and I'm pretty much 157 ilvl, so it's not like I'm locked out of doing anything.

E: Oh god, a +9 Regent chest is only 163 ilvl, while my jax trust is 161. It's only worth buying if I was going to MW and since I'm not going to do that...

Lyer fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 10, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
I'd be inclined to save it for the new gear. I think ill be on tonight if anyone wants to run any of the new content but I'm liking my DGKK priest so much I might just level it. drat!

(Its so much better than a Mystic I'm crying inside).

Wassbix posted:

Put SA/DGKK in your application and you will be accepted. I'm keeping my priest in DGKK because I like the peace and quiet at times.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 10, 2013

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Wassbix posted:

My guild (not goon guild but ran by myself) is alive but it's on Tempest Reach still, we are just too successful on TR to move it off.

Was going to move everything off TR and onto MT at the point the guild was dying due to me going to Japan for a month, but then DGKK died off, then the mods organised that guild fair and I got shittons of members off the back of our guild motto which is basically "I'll make sure you start clearing MCHM if I have to drag you in there crying."

Result of 1 month of training runs=bunch of now skilled 60s we can hop straight into new content with.

Also I'm sad that I spent hours, literally hours translating the guides for the new stuff and sharing it amongst my guild only for Yosha to post his own translation all over the official forums like 2 hours after I shared it with said guild. :(

I should be mildly happy I guess that myself, a slow learner at the best of times has now had all this strategy burned into my brain in two languages.

Also I saw the revival post for DGKK on official forums.

Is that the non goon or somebody else?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that's probably Minxus (too lazy to actually look).

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Its probably her. I'm not keen on open recruitment to be honest. If you are leveling characters, its probably better to do it in DGKK and I have multiple alts between level 15 and 35 if you need a party. At level 60 you can choose between NFA and DGKK I guess. NFA is much more active but nearly everyone in it has multiple geared level 60 characters.

Anyway, now is a good time to get back into the game as there is alot of new content and I'd rather spend time training people to do CoF and MCNM + do MCHM training runs. I seriously need to learn MCHM. Its pretty common for people to form static "cliques" which leaves a large number of newer players to figure out the endgame for themselves. Its messy.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

WanderingKid posted:

Anyway, now is a good time to get back into the game as there is alot of new content and I'd rather spend time training people to do CoF and MCNM + do MCHM training runs. I seriously need to learn MCHM. Its pretty common for people to form static "cliques" which leaves a large number of newer players to figure out the endgame for themselves. Its messy.

Would it be an alright time to come back now if I were to start a new character from scratch on Mount Tyrannas? I used to have a Slayer back in beta that I leveled up to 52, but I'm not keen on switching him over from whatever server he's on. I'm okay with buying elite, but the twenty-five or so bucks just to transfer a character seems a bit much.

I guess what I'm really asking is if there's people to play with, because from reading the last two pages on the thread, the forum presence seems disorganized or just way too high level to bother.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Retro Access posted:

My guild (not goon guild but ran by myself) is alive but it's on Tempest Reach still, we are just too successful on TR to move it off.

What guild is it on TR? I'm currently on TR myself. Just how many goons play this game? Just us handle that post?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

OSad posted:

Would it be an alright time to come back now if I were to start a new character from scratch on Mount Tyrannas? I used to have a Slayer back in beta that I leveled up to 52, but I'm not keen on switching him over from whatever server he's on. I'm okay with buying elite, but the twenty-five or so bucks just to transfer a character seems a bit much.

I guess what I'm really asking is if there's people to play with, because from reading the last two pages on the thread, the forum presence seems disorganized or just way too high level to bother.

I can't say anything about DGKK (cause I thought it was dead and didn't apply) but if you want someone to play with on Mount Tyr, me and a friend is pretty active. We mostly run CS but we were thinking about rolling alts so if you start fresh you'd have someone to play with.

Finally lost a CS match last night after breaking into Top 20 and getting 50th on the global board :( it's so brutal lost 60 rating and wins were giving like 4-5. Went down like 50 spots to 70th :qq:

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Can we at least post in game names so we can add each other even if we aren't in the same guild?

Adrenalise (Lancer)
Adrenalize (Mystic)
Lolacrayola (Priest)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I'll add myself and my friend

Korean Ryu (archer) Kill Whitey (lancer) for myself and Toobeauty (slayer) / Newtlysium (Priest) for my friend. We'll apply for DGKK tonight. We're around level 40 for both of them. We've been leveling off CS and therefore suck rear end at PvE (so you probably don't want us for dungeon runs), but if you want someone to queue BGs we're around.

Edit: Do we even have people that can accept us into DGKK?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Yes. Me.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'm on TR as Proportion (warrior) or Proportions (slayer) if any of you are on there and need help.

I ran Wonderholme normal today with my casual pubbie guild and it's a pretty easy raid instance. The last boss' difficulty spikes a bit compared to everything else, but it's honestly manageable since you can brute force the encounter. I'd say he's on par with KNX, with everything else as hard as ACNM. My guild said "gently caress it" during the puzzle mechanic and just ate the damage, everyone just took about half damage and that was it. The green circle mechanic was kind of bullshit though, we were able to rez in battle, but for a room that big the timer needs to have 4-5 more seconds in normal. All in all not bad and I can see it being pugged down the line fairly easily.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 11, 2013

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Lyer posted:

What guild is it on TR? I'm currently on TR myself. Just how many goons play this game? Just us handle that post?

Bloodlines.

It's endgame only though.

No it's not anything to do with the PVP only guild Bloodline on MT has a bad reputation, but I can't do a lot about the name because after a friend named it and quit the game, there's no option for guild masters to change the name.

Edit: main character is Ponpoko on TR, level 60 sorc.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 11, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure everyone knows my characters but they're Crowd/Esthi/Slashu/Cerebellum and a few other lowbies on MT.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
So, I'm stuck on the EU server, and I'm dying to know: is the new gear a lot better than Regent Gear and is it easy to get?

I've been sitting on my money for weeks waiting for the new patch, which we'll get "the second half of this month".

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Gerblyn posted:

So, I'm stuck on the EU server, and I'm dying to know: is the new gear a lot better than Regent Gear and is it easy to get?

I've been sitting on my money for weeks waiting for the new patch, which we'll get "the second half of this month".

A zerker in a normal mode Wonderholme we did said the axe he got from it was roughly equal to his regent axe, so my advice is if you've not got regent, gear up in WHNM then hop into WHHM. WHNM can be completed in jax/uti/+9 stuff, WHHM has some DPS checks where you have to absolutely wail on things to kill them fast (and a loving terrible shield on end boss that goes on for minutes) so this needs at least a t14+12 to at least prevent the monotony of that loving shield).

WHHM gear is superior to regent.

Can I just say again how much I hate that loving shield. There are about a million warriors in my guild so we were beating on that shield for what seemed a decade last night.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Ok, that's cool. I'd been reading blogs, and some guy had read websites from K-Tera and claimed that the lowest tier of new gear (Steadfast? The K-Tera name was different) was not only better than VM gear, it was MUCH better (i.e. if the VM weapon had attack 4300, the steadfast had 5000). Pretty glad that's not the case, since it would render everything everyone's gotten so far obsolete in one fell swoop.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Gerblyn posted:

Ok, that's cool. I'd been reading blogs, and some guy had read websites from K-Tera and claimed that the lowest tier of new gear (Steadfast? The K-Tera name was different) was not only better than VM gear, it was MUCH better (i.e. if the VM weapon had attack 4300, the steadfast had 5000). Pretty glad that's not the case, since it would render everything everyone's gotten so far obsolete in one fell swoop.

There's a lot of ignorance out there, including stuff like the 0.3 crit damage on the new weapons equates to 30% extra on your crits when it actually applies to a 0.3 of your base damage on top of the crit, stuff like that in general.

As for whether it's better, it could well be, I'm going off info offered up by a guy who hit 60 very recently, I need to check the info myself but I'm not interested in steadfast so I looked at Wonderholme and um, the new VM.

However the point is, it doesn't matter because WHHM can be cleared in regents. Wonderholme is certainly way and ahead better than regents, so clear the new dungeon in regents and gear up in that, don't bother with Steadfast if you already have Regents.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So it goes Agnitor > Abyss > Steadfast ~ Regents > VM > WH > Nightforge roughly? Also does anyone know if the gear bought from the daily token acquired in Argonea is BoP?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Quick Lancer PvP question. If I land my first Hook can I use Master's hook to grab someone else? Or If i whiff my initial Hook can I use Master's Hook to have a 2nd chance?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Lyer posted:

So it goes Agnitor > Abyss > Steadfast ~ Regents > VM > WH > Nightforge roughly? Also does anyone know if the gear bought from the daily token acquired in Argonea is BoP?

I'm not sure actually. My girlfriend found screen shots on the EU forums that show steadfast gear being far better than regent's gear:

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Park_Sun-hee/slideshow/Tera%20Online

See image 33/39. The Steadfast greatsword has an attack value of 5,459.

Compared to the Visionmaker Weapon Dreamblade:

http://teracodex.com/item/21336

Which has an attack of 4602...

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's a downgrade. Look at the unobscured enchantment effects and # of enchantments.

Or at least sidegrade but yeah.

e:

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Gerblyn posted:

I'm not sure actually. My girlfriend found screen shots on the EU forums that show steadfast gear being far better than regent's gear:

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Park_Sun-hee/slideshow/Tera%20Online

See image 33/39. The Steadfast greatsword has an attack value of 5,459.

Compared to the Visionmaker Weapon Dreamblade:

http://teracodex.com/item/21336

Which has an attack of 4602...

Latter has more (and different) rerollable stats.

What you need to figure out the true attack values is add the base and enchant bonus attack on the weapon to your own base and bonus attack, then times that result by every extra bonus you get in likely scenarios.

For example, using this method you will find that Dreamkeeper is just as good as abyss weapons if your lancer knows how to enrage a boss at the correct times, and for people who must use attack speed it is in fact, better as you gain an extra attack percent.

You can't just go off base attack because this can be deceptive.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Hmmm so a MW'ed regent weapon might be better than the steadfast ones. I'll just wait for some spreadsheet guys to figure it out, it's going to be a while before I have to decide anyway.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

If I get the desire to play Tera again I'll calculate the effective damage for you.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Wassbix posted:

Quick Lancer PvP question. If I land my first Hook can I use Master's hook to grab someone else? Or If i whiff my initial Hook can I use Master's Hook to have a 2nd chance?

Yes to both, although the window after using leash (where master leash is available) is quite short. The purpose of master leash is that if you whiff leash, you have a second chance. Normally you would use leash to confirm chained leash or set up a combo

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Not sure if it's a bug or not. But the Killing Spree points I'm getting from CS doesn't seem to be showing when i talk to the vendor. Can you only get them at level 60?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
I don't think you get killing spree points for CS. You get them for 3v3 and Fraywind though.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

I don't think you get killing spree points for CS. You get them for 3v3 and Fraywind though.

The New patch said we're getting them:

Corsairs’ Stronghold
In-game scoring points have changed.
Points for kills increased to 600.
Points for assists increased to 300.
Points for anchorstone destruction increased to 1,000.
Battleground rewards have changed.
Bellicarium
You now receive 140 credits for winning.
You now receive 80 credits for losing.
Winning team’s leader receives additional 100 credits, up from 80.
Killing Spree
You now receive 50 credits for winning.
You now receive 20 credits for losing.
Winning team’s leader receives additional 30 credits.

It even shows in the match end screen that I get them. Just 0 when I talk to the vendor though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Yeah I see your point. I only get a bellicarium rep bar below level 60. I'll CS on one of my level 60s to see if I get Killing Spree credits. It may be something they overlooked.

• Locked thread