Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

orenronen posted:

CHOOSE A CULPRIT!

It was uscall along! We made this happen by suggesting the theory! Truly we must be executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

It's commentary on how the player is the true culprit, because if it wasn't for his or hers desire to see the story unfold, Togami and Koizumi would've never been murdered.

No, wait, that game's been done already, huh?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm really glad Peko didn't turn out to be an actual serial killer, it would have been way too similar to Fukumi's character and would have just reeked of lazy writing.

Or maybe that was the point all along, to serve as a red herring for the 5 minutes or so she kept up the facade. And she's going to die now, so I guess all that's moot anyways. Goodbye Peko. You were vaguely interesting, I guess.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

Alberenza posted:

Is that Mukuro I see as the main playable character in the trailer?

Where can we watch this trailer?

I'd google it, but, you know....

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Prison Warden posted:

It's all explained in the update, but: Monobear said the culprit wasn't included in the three required for the body discovery announcement, so if you are including the killer four people total had to find the body.

From what we know the only people to see the body are 1) Peko, who isn't counted as she's the culprit, 2) Saionji, who was "hiding" in the closet and 3) Souda, who found the body. The announcement played when Souda found the body, this means that prior to Souda finding it, another individual must have seen the body.

There's still the question of when the mystery third person viewed the body and when/how he left the building. The only tracks were left by Saionji exiting the beach house. I'm guessing that after Peko did her ninja jump onto the window, she not only pulled up her sword but also the accomplice holding on to it. But where would he be hiding when Saionji woke up, the shower room?

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.

Fragrag posted:

There's still the question of when the mystery third person viewed the body and when/how he left the building. The only tracks were left by Saionji exiting the beach house. I'm guessing that after Peko did her ninja jump onto the window, she not only pulled up her sword but also the accomplice holding on to it. But where would he be hiding when Saionji woke up, the shower room?

Mystery person (kuzuryuu) leaves through the tunnel door, Pekoyama moves the body after.
Pretty simple stuff, guy.

Fauxami
Jun 19, 2013

Joenen posted:

Here's the trailer on polsy. http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJrA22LGcM

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Penakoto posted:

It's commentary on how the player is the true culprit, because if it wasn't for his or hers desire to see the story unfold, Togami and Koizumi would've never been murdered.

No, wait, that game's been done already, huh?

Refresh my memory, what game did that again?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mintergalactic posted:

Refresh my memory, what game did that again?

I think that was the excuse Yager Development gave to people arguing about the story in Spec Ops: The Line.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Policenaut posted:

I think that was the excuse Yager Development gave to people arguing about the story in Spec Ops: The Line.

Also Bioshock Infinite

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Psych posted:

Also Bioshock Infinite

OFF did it too.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013

Joenen posted:

I thank the person who posted the trailer.
I've also been discussing it with some of my friends and we realized that it might not be Mukuro- it looks a lot like her, but she's missing the fenrir tattoo on her clearly visible hands. I think there were also a few glimpses of a playable Syo, but you could only catch a second glimpse of that character. I cant even distinguish the gender, though guessing by the title and long hair I would guess it's a she.
It DOES however seem to be very definitively set in Monoworld, and is 99% likely to be a prequel, also.

Anyway, probably shouldn't bring out the speculation too early on this one. It's a minuet long trailer and only half of it gives any useful information.

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

:tinsley:

Who What Now posted:

No, it loving is not. It was creepy poo poo posting when someone talked about Koizumi and Saionji being lesbians, and it's creepy poo poo posting when you say Peko and Kuzuryuu are screwing. Talking about kids having sex is hosed up no matter what. Jesus, this isn't complicated stuff here.

Aren't they all adults who just think they're of high school age? And what's hosed up about people being homosexual? There are people who are homosexual in the world. Shocking!

pidgeon fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 10, 2013

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

pidgeon posted:

Aren't they all adults who just think they're of high school age?

I think they're whatever age you'd start highschool in Japan, plus two years, but they don't know that they're two years older.

So, they're definitely not adults, they're teenagers, about 16-18 is my guess.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 10, 2013

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They would still be high school age, they only lost like one year of their memory and we can assume it would have been their first year so they can't be older 15 or 16.

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

:tinsley:

Devil Ed posted:

They would still be high school age, they only lost like one year of their memory and we can assume it would have been their first year so they can't be older 15 or 16.
How do we know it's one year? The cast in DR1 lost at least two years.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Any discussion of the DR Shooter should probably go into the general thread in Games and not here. DR2's promotional materials spoiled Togami's survival from the very beginning, so I wouldn't be surprised if any videos for it or DR3 end up spoiling DR2 in turn.

On Kuzuryuu being at the beach house, he was there from before 3:00 and didn't leave until 3:30. What was he doing during that time period? Casually talking to Peko about the weather?

pidgeon posted:

Aren't they all adults who just think they're of high school age?

That doesn't really make it any better.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 10, 2013

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

pidgeon posted:

And what's hosed up about people being homosexual? There are people who are homosexual in the world. Shocking!

Look at Saionji and try thinking about that again.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

pidgeon posted:

How do we know it's one year? The cast in DR1 lost at least two years.

I though it was one year, I must of miss-remembered.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pidgeon posted:

Aren't they all adults who just think they're of high school age? And what's hosed up about people being homosexual? There are people who are homosexual in the world. Shocking!

First, don't defend people fantasizing about anime children loving, it makes you as weird and creepy as the others. Second, you completely missed the point on my post. I have nothing against homosexuals, I have something against underaged children having sex and people who bring it up in the thread as of it were credible or appropriate.

Why is this thread filled with the worst posters?

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Yeah, can we just not discuss anime sexuality? This thread, loving hell. Anyways, I'm curious to see how the execution plays out- both in how it's done and the final ruling of Pekoyama or Kuzuryuu. Monobear has been pretty consistent with DR1 so far, but at the end of the day we still don't know who / what's behind him and what the motive is this time around. If there's a difference, there's a good chance we're about to find out.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Ometeotl posted:

Look at Saionji and try thinking about that again.

Saionji just looks young for her age.

The really hosed up part is that Saionji is a complete headcase with serious everything issues that tortures animals for fun who is incapable of dressing herself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ratoslov posted:

The really hosed up part is that Saionji is a complete headcase with serious everything issues that tortures animals for fun who is incapable of dressing herself.

Not really, she's just an rear end in a top hat. "Not being able to dress herself" is also not quite right, she just doesn't know how to tie her obi. That - as another poster said way back- would make sense if she were treated more like a doll-like celebrity by other people than as a person due to her famous dancer status.

I dunno, I don't think she's that bad.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It'd be nice to know why Saionji's such a massive jerk through the Free Time events, even if her answer is "because I can."

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
So,

I can match the intro and the first trail to "A bunch of despair overcoming hope" and my theory this is the inverse of the first game where it's set up for Hope to easily win if those pesky kids didn't muck it up.

I haven't seen much in this trial to go with that theme. Maybe I was wrong? Though it all depends why Gangster is shocked.

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.

CandyCrazy posted:

Any discussion of the DR Shooter should probably go into the general thread in Games and not here. DR2's promotional materials spoiled Togami's survival from the very beginning, so I wouldn't be surprised if any videos for it or DR3 end up spoiling DR2 in turn.

Agreed. There are a couple of "spoilers" in that trailer even, if you're half paying attention.
Or, at the very least, a couple clear statements on things the series has left vague so far, intentionally or not.
Just a heads up in case there's anyone lucky enough to have entirely avoided spoilers so far.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

ThreeSixXero posted:

Well, see. Earlier, Kuzuryuu said to Hinata that he was out to prove himself to his family (and, basically, the world) that he could do just fine by himself and didn't need his family connections to help him. With that said, perhaps he still feels wrong in a way for needing the use of a person to aid him in his plan, or even that his tough-guy attitude is just a front and he has actual feelings (intimate or not) for Peko, who sees herself as just a tool to be used. Whatever the case, I think it's possible that Kuzu's reactions are genuine given that he already puts on an act when around others (tough-guy front) and wouldn't break it unless something were truly the matter. Mainly because I assume that if he truly didn't have any feelings toward the matter, he would have just come out and revealed it to be his plan in the first place as opposed to reacting the way he did, as per his need to convince others that he's "hardcore."

You also have the think that it truly is a win-win situation for him, because even if Monobear doesn't accept the idea that Peko was just a tool and that everyone is wrong to vote for her, he still gets another chance to kill again since Peko would be executed. That line of thinking shows a significant intelligence behind it, and, again, I don't think Kuzu would be one to just remain quiet about it or act concerned if he was the one who pitched the idea in the first place and fully intended to sacrifice Peko in the process with little or no remorse. This is also with the notion in mind that, hes's a tough-guy, who wouldn't care what the others think anyway unless it had to do with showing his greatness and competence.

The problem with this is that your argument works just as well if not better the other way around: I think Peko set all this up to frame Kuzuryuu as the "real murderer" and then get everyone to vote for her in order to save him. If we assume that her motive is to provide her boss with the best possible chance of getting off the island alive, this is her best shot: she has no real motive other than helping him, while he has the hypothetical motive of getting revenge for his sister. This gives her the entire basis for her later argument, and is the only likely situation where she could make that argument. She also has the skills to pull it off and the trust she would need to get him to the crime scene and then out again. Also, like you said, if Monobear doesn't buy the 'tool' argument, he's got another opportunity to try again himself.

This is what I think happened: Peko originally wanted to kill somebody for Kuzuryuu, but he turned her down because, like you said, he wanted to prove to his family/Peko that he could be a big bad mobster on his own merits. Peko doesn't believe he can pull it off, so she sets it up so that Kuzuryuu is at the beach house at the same time as Koizumi, kills her in front of him, tells him he's an accomplice now and gives him the details of the frame job, shoos him out the tunnel door, and then everything proceeds as in the trial. This explains why he's so flabbergasted when she starts implying that all this was done on his behalf; she's actually not lying since she's acting as his tool, but not on his orders.

I have no idea what their plan was if the frame job actually worked, by the way, since it would have come down to the same sketchy "real killer" argument but with a lot less of a backup plan, but this is the best I can come up with. I think it's the best explanation for Kuzuryuu's actions and responses throughout the trial.

Edited for clarity.

Pinechild fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 10, 2013

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?
Stumbled upon this beauty on tumblr and decided to share it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEEfqzKDCs

I find it to be top notch quality.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Is that Fukawa as her sidekick?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bisensual posted:

Watched 12 seconds of it.

:frogout:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Instant Grat posted:

There is no way in hell Peko is actually Kira-Kira because

• This is obviously a fake-out designed to make us think they're re-using a plot point from the first game, when in reality she's probably gonna use the whole Kira-Kira thing to try to hide her actual motive (which will probably involve Kuzuryuu somehow because really at this point how could it not)
  • Where is the justice in dooming 10-something innocent teenagers to die? It isn't. It's not there. She might as well have killed any of the other students and then gotten away with that instead, it would've had the exact same effect as what she was trying to accomplish here. Not very heroic or just!

loving called it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bisensual posted:

The poor guy's trying so hard to be LittleKuriboh it hurts to listen to

I'd like to see what gets classified as below top notch if this is the cream of the crop.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Bisensual posted:

Abridged anime is the worst thing, and that was especially bad.

ferndavant
Jul 5, 2009

Because that's what doggies do! :3:

Bisensual posted:

Why does Monobear sound like slowbeef doing his Ridley voice?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Instant Grat posted:

loving called it

Congratulations. No one gives a poo poo.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Bisensual posted:

I've never seen someone try so hard so many times so rapidly.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Penakoto posted:

Abridged anime is the worst thing, and that was especially bad.

DBZ Abridged is like the only one that is even tolerable. Even then, it started off kind of awful.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

DBZ Abridged is like the only one that is even tolerable. Even then, it started off kind of awful.

Everyone says that _______ Abridged is the only one that's any good, but in reality they're all just the same jokes over and over.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I liked it. Take that dangrumps :unsmigghh:

Austrian mook posted:

God, I'm really loving this cast. It's just so, good. Having them all really active in the trials is a joy to behold and guys like Komaeda are just so loving rad I can't handle it. I love how he seems to always know what happened regardless, like they could just ask him and he'd go, yeah Peko killed her. Also, he's always pulling up super crucial pieces of evidence all on his own, like the shoes, or the 3 culprits bit.

Komaeda should probably watch out if someone asks him to help again though. So far there's been a big and obvious difference between "Komaeda is trying to help" and "Komaeda is white-anting the trial because he's helping the murderer". If he pulls the same poo poo he was doing in the first trial again the others will be well within their rights to accuse him of being a murderer-helper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013
I personally would be a bit less... upset, at the revelations coming in over the last few updates, if it weren't for the brief drama that unfolded around the time the investigation started. Now I can't help but feel like, even if most of the people who had afterwards been supporting the Peko theory were honestly reasoning it out for themselves, many had their reasoning processes corrupted by the spoilers, and at least a few of them were just being a bit less blatantly obvious about the posting of spoilers.

I think, once the next chapter gets rolling, I'll retire from the discussion, and the reading of posts (aside from updates) in general, until the trial begins. Not a step I really want to have to undertake, since it's fun to theorize and debate about ongoing mysteries, but one I may need to take just to avoid my own thought process from being colored by someone pretending to reason out the answer.

Well, whatever. Not gonna blog about it. Just a word of caution- some or all of the people who posted (or unwittingly repeated) the spoilers before are still here. A theory that, looking back, seems too accurate to be coincidental, probably wasn't. I'll be treading lightly come Chapter 3.

So... I totally missed the significance of Sonia saying she'd 'translated' Kirakira's speeches. I guess I thought she meant she'd translated them from Japanese to whatever her native language is, rather from some other language to Japanese. I guess it's safe to say that Monobear is going to judge that Peko acted of her own accord, regardless of what she says. As for the rest... well, despite all the clowns excitedly hooting that they were right about the 'Peko being a yakuza assassin' theory, at this point I don't think that the motive behind all this has anything to do with her perceived obligations at all... But at this point that's just stating the obvious really.

Poor Kuzuryuu. At least Nagito gets some company in the party cabin next chapter... right?

• Locked thread