Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PrinceRandom posted:

ewww. Howard Kurtz works for Fox now?

Yep. And he won't call them out for anything except for a very mild critique of their approach towards Miley Cyrus:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/06/whats-happening-to-howard-kurtz-at-fox-news/195735

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LorrdErnie posted:

Do you really believe this?

That Democrats are more interested in running the system and expanding the system than wrecking it? Yes.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

LorrdErnie posted:

Do you really believe this?

Even if they don't give a gently caress about governing and just want to get rich off of kickbacks from lobbyists or something, that's still better than being so stridently anti-government that you can't even repair roads anymore like in Texas. For better or for worse, the Democrats seem to want to keep the current system in place while the GOP (more specifically the tea party) just wants to slash everything.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 9, 2013

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Give me a choice between "corrupt politicians that can still keep the roads paved, food stamps on, and education actually functioning" and "corrupt politicians that want to burn everything down in the middle of a decade-long temper tantrum" I'm going to go ahead and pick the first one.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Give me a choice between "corrupt politicians that can still keep the roads paved, food stamps on, and education actually functioning" and "corrupt politicians that want to burn everything down in the middle of a decade-long temper tantrum" I'm going to go ahead and pick the first one.

Are you sure that you should be including food stamps and education in that, given budget sequestration and Race To The Top?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hedera Helix posted:

Are you sure that you should be including food stamps and education in that, given budget sequestration and Race To The Top?

I don't think sequestration can really be laid on the Democrats given, ya know, their counterparts.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Hedera Helix posted:

The Democrats suck and everyone knows it. We currently don't have the option of anyone else so yeah, they are the lesser of two evils.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 9, 2013

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

So Zimmerman was threatening his soon to be ex-wife and her father while having his hand on his gun and allegedly hit her father. Hannity is gonna say it was their fault for making him anxious or some poo poo right? I think they might get another sit down chat about this.

"Well Sean they were both being a couple of dicks to me man, you know how that is."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ge...oz/-/index.html

poor nose fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 9, 2013

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

poor nose posted:

So Zimmerman was threatening his soon to be ex-wife and her father while having his hand on his gun and allegedly hit her father. Hannity is gonna say it was their fault for making him anxious or some poo poo right? I think they might get another sit down chat about this.

"Well Sean they were both being a couple of dicks to me man, you know how that is."

Its a shame, really. If he married a black woman he could probably get away with it :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

Its a shame, really. If he married a black woman he could probably get away with it :v:

I know you're joking, but... FReep :suicide:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Nyyen posted:

The Democrats suck and everyone knows it. We currently don't have the option of anyone else so yeah, they are the lesser of two evils.

Except people involved in the political infrastructure. I knew a girl who was an aide to a Democratic senator, and later on worked in different positions in county government.

She was the biggest shill for the Democrats I ever met. Nice person but she would push her friends to "fall in line" with the party and accused outlets like Move On of being too harsh on Democrats and splitting the base.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010

poor nose posted:

I expect the right-wing media to respond the same way the police did - no crime was committed, no one was hurt, so what's the big deal? Sitting in your car with a gun isn't a crime. Touching your gun or asking someone to "come closer" are not threats. He willingly spoke to the police when they arrive, so he obviously has nothing to hide. His wife's family must be nuts or looking for fame and attention.

On the off chance that he is arrested over this, I expect that they will just declare that good people make mistakes and he deserves his privacy, this has nothing to do with the TM case, and where were the liberal media vultures when Christopher Lane was gunned down by 3 black teens last month?

Huge Liability fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 9, 2013

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

poor nose posted:

"Well Sean, they were speaking bad abour Murica and sayin' how Freedom and Guns was wrong!"
Hannity then spends rest of week demanding wife and father deportation.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

poor nose posted:

At a certain point, maybe after a few more of these incidents prove to the last 10% of the public who gives a gently caress that Trayvon probably didn't start that fight, they'll just stop talking about him. The right wing media doesn't mea culpa when they make mistakes, they just pretend they never made them. Kinda like how in 2008 apparently no Republican ever actually voted for George W. Bush and they didn't know how it happened either.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is his wife an unarmed, urban, feral teen?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is the real-life version of a correction by a newspaper that's printed on Page 13 a day after the original mistake was headline news. Opinions about Zimmerman will be sullied a bit, but Trayvon will not get any more benefit of the doubt.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Edit: gently caress it, not worth a derail.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

happyhippy posted:

"Well Sean, they were speaking bad abour Murica and sayin' how Freedom and Guns was wrong!"

What I'd like to know was if she was, you know, making lean, getting into stuff like that. I'm just asking.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Listerine posted:

What I'd like to know was if she was, you know, making lean, getting into stuff like that. I'm just asking.

Imagine the pantheon of drugs it'd be possible to synthesize with old people pills laying around all over the place. They were probably in the middle of creating one of those drugs that's so bad they turn into a major plot point of a sci-fi movie.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't think sequestration can really be laid on the Democrats given, ya know, their counterparts.

I just blame Reagan for sequestration since it was his idea

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

happyhippy posted:

Not nearly implausible or B-movie enough to be dialogue from a Zimmerman story of events.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
BURY ME WITH MY MARIJUANA

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You guys have it all wrong, the rightwing pundits are going to very suddenly remember how very hispanic zimmerman is now that he's threatening a white person instead of being defended for brutally murdering a black kid.

Yes I realize they were already saying this as if it made the trayvon thing better. But oh boy oh boy is it gonna come up.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

poor nose posted:

Matt Bors linked this on twitter earlier today and when I read it there were only two comments. One was some idiot ranting about Benghazi. :freep:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

killhamster posted:

Matt Bors linked this on twitter earlier today and when I read it there were only two comments. One was some idiot ranting about Benghazi. :freep:

quote:

What in the hell do you think U.S. fighter jets could have done had they got there? We have a great Air Force, but they're not Batman.

I'm going to start using that every time I hear someone go Benghazi on me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hedera Helix posted:

The Democrats might not be trying to IMPROVE anything, exactly, but at this point I'd accept "let's not do anything more than we already are, poor people can have food stamps, colleges can exist, and roads can still be repaired" over the right wing's "TEAR THE SYSTEM DOWN ALL TAX IS WRONG ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WHITE, CHRISTIAN, AND WEALTHY MUST BE EXTERMINATED" platform.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

poor nose posted:

Apparently Zimmerman's been released

If this is mentioned at all, it'll be in the context of "LIBERAL LYNCH MOBS!!!"

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The Democrats might not be trying to IMPROVE anything, exactly, but at this point I'd accept "let's not do anything more than we already are, poor people can have food stamps, colleges can exist, and roads can still be repaired" over the right wing's "TEAR THE SYSTEM DOWN ALL TAX IS WRONG ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WHITE, CHRISTIAN, AND WEALTHY MUST BE EXTERMINATED" platform.

Hold on a minute there.

The GOP/Tea Party isn't calling for everyone to be killed for not being a rich white christian, they are only calling for the indentured servitude of everyone who isn't a rich white christian.

Big difference.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Exactly. The GOP-e isn't willing to do what is necessary. If only they had ran a True Conservative on the extermination platform we wouldn't be in this situation. :freep:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The Nozzle posted:

Exactly. The GOP-e isn't willing to do what is necessary. If only they had ran a True Conservative on the extermination platform we wouldn't be in this situation. :freep:

Say what you will about Reagan, but at least he got the planes to run on time.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 10, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Nucleic Acids posted:

Apparently Zimmerman's been released

If this is mentioned at all, it'll be in the context of "LIBERAL LYNCH MOBS!!!"

"Cops couldn't prove it" is pretty much the rally cry.

Surely there's a scientific name for the "everyone else is lying, honest!" delusion.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 10, 2013

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Surely there's a scientific name for the "everyone else is lying, honest!" delusion.

It's just your run-of-the-mill cognitive bias, exacerbated due to a culture of denying cognitive bias exists.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Today should be a good day for Right Wing radio. I bet there will be a lot of praising of Putin.

I was pretty young, but did we offer a diplomatic solution to Saddam in round 1? Or was that ok because Bush had ties to Ronaldus Maximus, and obviously knew the best decision for the country?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Round 1? We pretty much told them to go home or get hosed. Round 2, we told them to show us all their weapons while we built up for war.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Huge Liability posted:

I expect the right-wing media to respond the same way the police did - no crime was committed, no one was hurt, so what's the big deal? His wife's family must be nuts or looking for fame and attention.

ding ding ding!

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

ding ding ding!

That looks like it's outright denying the details of the story that was told. Did he or didn't he threateningly posture with a gun?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would expect more of the reaction of "look what the liberal media has done to this poor man and his family"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ashgromnies posted:

That looks like it's outright denying the details of the story that was told. Did he or didn't he threateningly posture with a gun?

Who knows? It's not like Zimmerman's wife has a stellar record of telling the truth to the police either.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

ashgromnies posted:

She said Zimmerman had a posturing that made her think he was motioning for his gun while saying "Step closer".

Which is pretty much all you need when you're staring at a guy with a history of rape and murder.

quote:

but did we offer a diplomatic solution to Saddam in round 1

And he took it and Bush told him to get hosed, we're coming anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

And he took it and Bush told him to get hosed, we're coming anyway.

Things weren't really different the 2nd time 'round. Nor with the Taliban re: give us Bin Laden.

I wonder why nobody trusts the US.