Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Mechs are cool, Lime is a rad colour.

Freki - Base Model by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Freki - Firepower by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Freki - Scout by AzMiLion, on Flickr
More variants coming soon!

EDIT: And i am bad at img tags!
EDIT2:Foo, my POVray is flipping it's poo poo about not being able to write to the Includes from LDD, but apart from that it works fine, has yours been doing the same?
EDIT3: Heh, I found what is technically the original Turbo Viper in my LDD folder, rendering that as well!

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I dig those mechs, especially the railgun one. I don't recall POVray squawking about the includes, but I'd make sure that the program has write privilages to wherever it's trying to put them. If it's not an issue, though, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lego Thailand, I guess?

I like the little chicken and elephant :3:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Captain Foo posted:

I dig those mechs, especially the railgun one. I don't recall POVray squawking about the includes, but I'd make sure that the program has write privilages to wherever it's trying to put them. If it's not an issue, though, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Turns out i needed to stop generating includes, that made POVray very unhappy for some reason.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Oh my god that railgun is beautiful :allears: suddenly I want to build Metal Gear REX or ZEKE, but I know I wouldn't be able to do them justice, as mechs aren't my strong suit.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

goddamn it Bill, call the lawyers

Arminius Winchester Ripoff (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
So, I became addicted to these stupid series Minifigures. Grabbed a handful of Series 10 and most of series 11. So if anyone wants to trade I've got:

Series 10: 2 Extra Painters

Series 11: 1 Roller Skate Waitress
1 GingerBread guy

Also if you're in the GTA then we can do it quick and simple if not shipping will kill me.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What are you guys using to display your mini figures? I have about 50 but I really don't want chip out $25 for a small display case here

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I built some bleacher/stand like structure for my figures, its linked somewhere in the thread, let me see if the image is still online.

E

Ika fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The Yetti and the Tiki Warrior are too cool but I still can't find a Blues Brother. The saxophone is 1 piece right? I can't feel it out.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Are there any places in/around the GTA that have the S11 boxes available? Or should I buy it from Amazon France? As much as I'd like to only have 1 of each figure, I can't be arsed to stand at a store, feeling every little packet, hoping I get them all and come home to find that I've got a bunch of replicas because my fingers can't tell things apart.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Ika posted:

I built some bleacher/stand like structure for my figures, its linked somewhere in the thread, let me see if the image is still online.

E

These are pretty cool, I'd have made them with more of a base look instead of bleachers. I may try to make this, thanks!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Let us know what you come up with, I'm still working on ideas for a third one for series 9-12.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

obi_ant posted:

What are you guys using to display your mini figures? I have about 50 but I really don't want chip out $25 for a small display case here

A lot of my mini figures are displayed with other sets, such as all the monster figures are with the Monster Fighter sets plus some of the double I have like the Indians, Braves and some Warriors, I replaced their heads with a zombie head, put them into a grave yard and bam Indian burial ground for the Haunted House scene. I have figs like the sax player, Paris Hilton, etc with the movie theater, the elf, gingerbread man, yeti and Santa will be with the winter village when I set it back up. I love how they can add just a little something extra to the existing sets and make them more interesting.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

ltr posted:

This thread needs more old space themes. Just finished my latest project and first "big spaceship," Blacktron Renegade. Missing some of the patterned bricks, but otherwise complete. And I really need to use a better camera/learn to take pictures of black things, because the pictures are not great.

Love that ship, the only Blacktron 1 I'm missing (well I've got like 20% of it :v: )

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Cross-posting this from the 'POS, not sure on the source but it's neat:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

cheese-cube posted:

Cross-posting this from the 'POS, not sure on the source but it's neat:

that's Chris McVeigh: http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpig/9077490848/

He has a bunch of classic computer models that look fantastic.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
I just got back into lego after remembering how fun it was; got a few of the Creator sets and a couple of others. Fun seeing what you can do with limited amount of bricks, I put some of those minifigure bases to use here because of lack of flat bases. Looking forward to trying to make some much better stuff soon.

I just got the Ninjago mech set and also for any other UK people the Chimera 70001 is on offer unless it's just this store, I just got it this morning and it seems great value for money. Any other recommendations for low price small sets like these?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

infinity2005 posted:

I just got back into lego after remembering how fun it was; got a few of the Creator sets and a couple of others. Fun seeing what you can do with limited amount of bricks, I put some of those minifigure bases to use here because of lack of flat bases. Looking forward to trying to make some much better stuff soon.

I just got the Ninjago mech set and also for any other UK people the Chimera 70001 is on offer unless it's just this store, I just got it this morning and it seems great value for money. Any other recommendations for low price small sets like these?

That is really cool, I like the rounded front and the turret especially!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

infinity2005 posted:

I picked up that Ninjago mech to try and get back into lego too, but I've gotten into art since I was a kid and I guess I get more enjoyment designing and making stuff from that these days, a little robot didn't really do it for me :shrug: I was considering buying the cheap Chima bird glider set too, but I think I'll give it a miss now. Someone mentioned that there's an airport fire engine on the release schedule next year though, so if that's a cheaper set I might pick that up. Everyone knows Rosenbauer fire engines are the coolest fire engines.

In fine lego tradition I got bored of the set I bought and rebuilt it, now its a little bad guy and his giant gorilla. I guess it could be a robot gorilla, I never really thought that part through.

I imagine all the fancy golden swords and junk to be ceremonial, and also they look kind of ugly and the two samurai swords on it's back make the little orange cones fall off really easily so I ditched 'em for the other photos.

The seat is sloped to help him sit up straight when he's riding, which I thought was pretty cool. And there's a little gold and red thing that he sort of holds onto when he's riding it around? I guess the gorilla is a robot and the control stick just has this big red trackball that he's using to tell it which direction to move in. The head was a chore because I'd run out of bricks by that point, so its kind of fragile and the colours aren't perfect.

The set comes with a ninja and a little dwarf demon guy, so I gave the demon guy proper legs and made the ninja a dwarf. Also the front legs have little paw pads on them!

The other side of the gorilla has a little storage bit for the crossbow and quiver. Also because of the way it's all put together, the quiver is held pretty sturdily in place but you can remove it without taking off any other bricks. Truly, my lego talents have not diminished with age. The little holder for the crossbow can also hold the giant flame lightning sword the set comes with.

If I pick up the airport fire engine next year I'll be able to use this set with it to make some kind of fire safety mech with stumpy little legs. Maybe a fire safety crocodile?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/01/lego-star-wars-steampunk-conte.php

Something about the TIE Fighter with propellers on the sides makes me happy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

General, I now present to you Hale's Rememberance.

PHASE TWO

Cpt. Rachel Santos by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Chief Hannah Smith by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Cpt. Johan Stoddard by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

All these space marine folk are making me wonder.. where are their limbs supposed to be? Are they just a spine and a head like Raiden? :ohdear:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I am a space marine and I am just so drat happy about that! :haw:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Neurion posted:

All these space marine folk are making me wonder.. where are their limbs supposed to be? Are they just a spine and a head like Raiden? :ohdear:

I don't see the anatomy working out otherwise...

e- Chief Smith there might have most of her torso intact, I guess!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Neurion posted:

I figure they were terrible in combat and got half their body blown off or something. So some insane doctor cut off their head and crammed it on top of a robot to create an unstoppable army.

Maybe they'll be more successful the second time around?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HEY NOW THIS WAS A WELL-FUNDED AND RESEARCHED PROJECT

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Time to do SCIENCE.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roots Radical posted:

Time to do SCIENCE.

That is an awesome lab. I love the little mug!

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Thanks! She's working on alternative fuel sources for your mechs, but needs coffee to get the brain working. Love your mechs by the way, I need to practice making stuff on that scale.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Roots Radical posted:

Thanks! She's working on alternative fuel sources for your mechs, but needs coffee to get the brain working. Love your mechs by the way, I need to practice making stuff on that scale.

Likely story. I can see the tank full of blue meth on the right side. You're not fooling anyone.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

How much longer is Bag End likely to be available? I'm thinking of getting it as a Christmas gift for myself.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Captain Foo posted:

NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE LAB!

Come on, that's day 1 intern stuff! :mad:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE LAB!

Come on, that's day 1 intern stuff! :mad:

Oh come on professor, I haven't spilled a cup since kindergarden and you have me working 12 hour days. :qq:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

20% off LEGO sale and free shipping on orders over $99 - http://www.kingarthurstoys.com/lego

So far the sets I've checked the prices look good.

No VW camper :bang:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 12, 2013

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

Sockser posted:

Likely story. I can see the tank full of blue meth on the right side. You're not fooling anyone.

Hey, if we can get the mechs running on blue meth, even better. Expensive, but that's the price we gotta pay. Also it's an independent lab, so she makes the rules regarding food and drink.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

drat Series 11 needs to show up at my Fred Meyer. Still nothing.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

20% off LEGO sale and free shipping on orders over $99 - http://www.kingarthurstoys.com/lego

So far the sets I've checked the prices look good.

No VW camper :bang:

Their prices look 10-20% higher than retail on the few that I looked up. The A-Wing fighter they are selling at 29.99 before discount, and MSRP on it is 24.99 so you get a dollar off on their sale. Though 119.99 for the Millennium Falcon is decent considering MSRP is 139.99. Guess it's just hit and miss as far as the discount goes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i guess I'm hopping on the railgun bus

Brass Soldier (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006