Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

kastein posted:

Yeah, 200 is insane. I think I could probably get one for 20-30 here.

I guess I remembered wrong. I just checked the pricing list for my picknpull, they want 30 for those things. Much easier of a gamble to make now. How I came up with 200 is a mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Preoptopus posted:

Hey Londers, dont park next to this building.

Or this might happen.

http://www.businessinsider.com/architect-behind-the-walkie-talkie-building-2013-9

This is the second building this dude has designed to have this happen.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Slack3r posted:

Google around for "Cherokee Taurus Fan Swap". I guess the mid 90s Taurus 3800 fans are perfect for fan swaps. The aftermarket thermostats are about $50 at the parts places. I did an e-fan conversion on an '84 Cherokee with the 4 banger engine and some other fan. Worked great. More room in the 2.5L bay than the 4.0 tho.

I can't believe that they want 200 for an 99+ intake? I picked one up here for 35 bux from the pick-n-pull. It was already out and in their aluminum bins. I just pulled it out. A quick search on eBay shows a 99+ 4.0 Cherokee intake for $100 buy it now with 18 bux ship from Colorado..

and if you can't find a taurus fan, look under the hood of most 90's volvo's. Same fan, make sure to grab the relay pack they're hooked too as it will save you a step in wiring it up.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I grabbed one of those volvo fans and they're too freakin' huge to even come close to fitting in an XJ/MJ. Wish it'd work, because I have one here I can't use that I spent 20 or 30 bucks on.

I will say that they are diesel as gently caress, they move a LOT of air.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Horrible decision results in horrible mechanical failure.

Don't use trailer tow balls as recovery points.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Hey, I'm sure they're great for flipping a truck end-over-end after a rollover, since, y'know, that puts the forces in a direction the hitch was engineered for.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kastein posted:

That. Is. Awesome.

It's also why I have a pintle hitch in the back.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
That had to be a pretty rad sound.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
So, the toe line is that 6" test on the left, right? :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:psyduck:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

That's a mighty fine check engine light you've got there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Looks like every >100k mile o2 sensor I have ever pulled. They all seize in and take the drat threads with them.

If toyota had made the little studs holding their o2 sensors in through bolts they would be my favorite car company on that basis alone.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

kastein posted:

BULLSEYE BITCHES!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

BULLSEYE BITCHES!

Yeah, that's pretty drat good aim to hit almost dead center on the Toyota logo.

I sent this to my father to try and figure out what happened. "Did they... did they really SNAP a trailer hitch?! :stare:"

Splizwarf posted:

That had to be a pretty rad sound.

*PING* *SPROING-POW* :byodood:"HOLY poo poo, SNIPER, GET DOWN"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just a 100 series anyway :smug:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I thought it was a 200 seires- The "TOYOTA LANDCRUISER" on the 100 series i a seperate piece, not part of the body pressing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

More of a horribly annoying mechanical failure; the shift lever on my bike decided that it was done.

I normally ride a 30 mile loop. This broke at 16 in.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

opengl128 posted:

Nothing touches my first car (Tercel) for ease of maintenance for me personally so far. Similar to the Saturn I guess, super super basic, and loads of room, even more once I took off that intake snorkel (lets not get into my early teen ricer moments)

You've obviously not gone far back enough in time. Nothing beats the small block Chevy for ease of maintenance.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Shifty Pony posted:

More of a horribly annoying mechanical failure; the shift lever on my bike decided that it was done.

I normally ride a 30 mile loop. This broke at 16 in.

That's inconvenient. My rival stuff has somewhere north of 10k miles on it by now.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 10, 2013

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Another one that's hard to beat is an older subaru GL. Especially with a pushrod motor swap, nothing complicated at all.

A lot of messy wires, but fairly simple to work on.

Related content, I 1200 miles from home living in a stupid house (ruining the driveway with leaky oil and rust), when my clutch failed. This is how I fixed that situation.

EDIT: I have a rather wide screen, maybe everyone doesn't timg'd the last 2.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
So, not a horrible failure:

But that piston is seized hard. Even disconnected I can't move it more than 1mm by hand.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012

kastein posted:

No video of the accident?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kastein posted:

This is what this thread is about.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

chrisgt posted:

Another one that's hard to beat is an older subaru GL. Especially with a pushrod motor swap, nothing complicated at all.

:can::can::can::can:
I can't evenbarely see the engine under all that.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 10, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ferremit posted:

I thought it was a 200 seires- The "TOYOTA LANDCRUISER" on the 100 series i a seperate piece, not part of the body pressing.

Nah, it's a 100. The 200 has it on a separate plastic piece. I hate that I remember poo poo like this from having worked on them every. single. day.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

chrisgt posted:

Related content, I 1200 miles from home living in a stupid house (ruining the driveway with leaky oil and rust), when my clutch failed. This is how I fixed that situation.

EDIT: I have a rather wide screen, maybe everyone doesn't timg'd the last 2.

Daylight in your engine bay fight!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

....what the hell? What is that!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Made putting a new engine in nice, just stand on the front suspension.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Slavvy posted:

Nah, it's a 100. The 200 has it on a separate plastic piece. I hate that I remember poo poo like this from having worked on them every. single. day.

well hows that- my 05 has the seperate plastic piece!

Toyota consistency!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Ozmiander posted:

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Sir, I bow down before you. Your victory is absolute.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
How many hours does it take to get onto the field?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Come clean, that's just for show and you've really got a guy in there flintstoning it

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

So this happened to me yesterday.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

XYZ posted:

Ah, a BTCC-inspired chair I see.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

11BulletCatcher posted:

Sir, I bow down before you. Your victory is absolute.

Sadly, it isn't mine. It's a Bond Minicar. They were fitted with a combination starter motor/alternator so you didn't have to stand inside the engine compartment and kickstart the car.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

XYZ posted:

Nice demon camber yo

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SyHopeful posted:

So, not a horrible failure:

But that piston is seized hard. Even disconnected I can't move it more than 1mm by hand.

Maybe,this is One of those Chevy ones you need to twist to push back in, you can't use yee ole huge c-clamp technique.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

tater_salad posted:

Maybe,this is One of those Chevy ones you need to twist to push back in, you can't use yee ole huge c-clamp technique.

No. The piston face is mostly flat on those with holes so the tool can turn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd apply a G-clamp and see if it's possible to free it up that way. Then use an air blower gun shoved into the brake pipe hole to dislodge it using air pressure. Works a treat.