Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Is one feeling lucky? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Never thought I'd see a Mac cartoon where someone shoots a cop and that's the punchline

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the diplomatic moves to ease the Syrian crisis - Assad regime offers to sign chemical weapons treaty as Russia and western powers wrangle at UN over threat of military action" After Charles Addams

Telegraph:

Apple iPhone 5S and 5C handsets unveiled in California

Independent:

Express:

Alledgely.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the diplomatic moves to ease the Syrian crisis - Assad regime offers to sign chemical weapons treaty as Russia and western powers wrangle at UN over threat of military action" After Charles Addams

Seems Steve Bell is back on to his awesomeness! :swoon:

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Victoria is so horned-up by the idea that she's playing with her nipples.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Harper

FOXFAIL

Love.a.duck

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Koesj posted:

Harper

FOXFAIL

Love.a.duck

Foxtail.

As in, too much effort to get an actual foxtail into the cartoon so he just wrote it instead.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Woosh

e: might as well have been FOXPAIL

Koesj fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 11, 2013

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Betjeman posted:

Foxtail.

As in, too much effort to get an actual foxtail into the cartoon so he just wrote it instead.

He got a fox face in though (left bicep)

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

DreddyMatt posted:

He got a fox face in though (left bicep)

And I count three naked bodies, drawn in Thomas's standard "Kilroy was here" style.

What must Beckham's legs look like, judging from that drawing? It looks as though he either has wide, curvy hips and really narrow thighs, or he just stops at a rounded base, like a weebl in Y-fronts.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'm morbidly curious about what's going on in those Y fronts, because you know that tattoo doesn't stop at his waistband

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on UN rapporteur's call to axe the bedroom tax – Grant Shapps accuses Raquel Rolnik of political bias and asks for report on UK housing conditions to be withdrawn"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Plastic banknotes ready for 2016, says Bank of England :yayclod: Don't miss your chance to check out the currency of tomorrow - today! - at one of the Bank of England's Understanding Polymer Banknotes Public Consultation Programme regional events! :allears:

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

It's like... where is the joke.. he actually put effort into the cartoon this time but he has absolutely nothing to say..

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Betjeman posted:

It's like... where is the joke.. he actually put effort into the cartoon this time but he has absolutely nothing to say..
Silly 1970s money forgers don't know it's currently 2016? Plastic banknotes being harder to forge is definitely A Thing (that will have) Happened at least.

(Why are they drying banknotes outside where anyone can see them? Why would a forger be nicknamed 'Fingers'? Blargh.)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Betjeman posted:

The expression on the head forger's face is enough for me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

I guess what gets me is that the punchline is a repeat of the news flash in the corner. It adds nothing more. If that corner piece wasn't there it might be worthwhile.

"You know Fingers, we had a good thing there for a while" is better. Yes. They're old, they're not going to be able to adapt to the new order of things. Best give up and hand the reins over to the immigrant forgers and head off to Spain.

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 12, 2013

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Royal Mail sale - The government has confirmed that it is to go ahead with a plan to sell off at least half of Britain's 497-year-old postal service, worth £3bn" Based on the "Don't forget to tell Sid" campaign for Britsh Gas privatisation.

Express:

Prince William to swap armed forces for royal duties

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Telegraph:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Why is the White House in front of a loving massive Big Ben? Are they at that hotel in Vegas with all the replica landmarks? Not the best place to bring up a child...

vvv awww poo poo, I didn't realise it looked like that from the back :( Still, BIg Ben or ('Elizabeth Tower', for pedants) is still way too big :colbert:

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 13, 2013

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Answers Me posted:

Why is the White House in front of a loving massive Big Ben? Are they at that hotel in Vegas with all the replica landmarks? Not the best place to bring up a child...

That's the back of Buckingham Palace.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Is that supposed to be some sort of Royal Mail helicopter that they're selling off in preparation for the privatisation? It looks like something off the new Postman Pat at least!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Mark Carney and the property bubble"

Telegraph:

Lib Dems: Nick Clegg rejects Oakeshott's election warning; also US pilot forced to end Atlantic cluster balloon flight.

Independent:

After EH Shepard.

Stephen Collins:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Lazy joke, but the art on this is pretty cool.

quote:

Stephen Collins:

I've been harsh on Stephen Collins recently, but this is loving great.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

That is a profoundly meh Cameron.

quote:

Independent on Sunday:

I love this. Simple, effective, and looks lovely.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nick Clegg and the coalition – Liberal Democrats hope to remain in power after the 2015 election"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Plastic bag charge to be introduced in England

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Costa Concordia in Italy freed from rocks

Independent:

Clegg in table football challenge

Express:

Benefit fraud could lead to 10-year jail terms, says DPP

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I love how every lower class character in the Express guy's cartoons is literally the same loving person.

Big nose, slack jaw, skinhead. Done. Oh, need two? CLONE STAMP.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Honestly thats every person who isn't a direct charicature, period. He just seems to tend to use everyman characters so most are lower-class.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

Nick Clegg opened up an election argument with the Tories at the Lib Dem conference by saying tax rises will be needed after the election.

Some IFs catchup:

This weeks so far:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Heh, I was worried when I saw this in the paper. 'Could this be the end of Condom Cam?' :ohdear:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Lib Dem defence policy - Delegates at the Liberal Democrat conference yesterday voted to reduce, but not scrap, Britain's nuclear deterrent"

Telegraph:

PM David Cameron forgives England's Manu Tuilagi after prank

Independent:

Lloyds share sale raises £3.2bn

Express:

Big News Sign? Yeah, I got nothing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Paul Thomas acknowledging the male gaze, and the validity of women choosing to wear the burqa as a way of avoiding it? Guess he might be rethinking that 'book of cartoons about Mohammed' after all!

Then again look at those eyes.

.____________.

I swear the Indy guy has the worst Osborne. It's like a caricature of Alan Titchmarsh or something. He's a slick, pampered, baby-faced heir to wealth who's never done a day of hard work in his life!

Steve Bell gets a pass on this obviously

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nick Clegg's conference speech to the Liberal Democrats – Leader tells his party in Glasgow there is a need for them in government" After Boris Karloff.

Telegraph:

Acpo issues 'drunk tanks' call to tackle disorder

Independent:

All infants in England to get free school lunches After David Steel.

Express:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
My god, this is one speech bubble away from actually being half-decent, what's happened?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

:stare:

This has a salient political comment, a good visual pun (although 2nd place is surely still an aspiration for Clegg) and a nice bit of background mockery...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-reVUJzMnx0

Heavy_D posted:

My god, this is one speech bubble away from actually being half-decent, what's happened?

He's satirising people who are attacking Clegg for being a realist and pitching them as a party of coalition rather than having a chance at majority rule.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Thomas doesn't satirise, his cartoons are blunt instruments. He thinks Clegg is a loser for having aspirations for his party and he's suggesting that the LibDems are the arsewipes of politics. It's straight up insult, nothing clever.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Betjeman posted:

Thomas doesn't satirise, his cartoons are blunt instruments. He thinks Clegg is a loser for having aspirations for his party and he's suggesting that the LibDems are the arsewipes of politics. It's straight up insult, nothing clever.
On reflection that is almost certainly the case, although it's specifically that Clegg aspires for second place.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Heavy_D posted:

Also the "Softer, Stronger, Longer" being used as the Lib Dem slogan is an old advertising catchphrase for Andrex toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jedit posted:

Also the "Softer, Stronger, Longer" being used as the Lib Dem slogan is an old advertising catchphrase for Andrex toilet paper.
I linked to an ad with that :ssh:

• Locked thread