Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Yeah but what if there is one for 1 quadrillion cookies with no clicks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RennZero posted:

Yeah but what if there is one for 1 quadrillion cookies with no clicks?

I've broken the neverclick PetaCookie barrier, time to shoot for the ExaCookie.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
Restarted again, i'm building only grandmas and portals(built 15 of everything else for the upgrade.)

IA IA GRANDMA FTAUGN

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Restarted again, i'm building only grandmas and portals(built 15 of everything else for the upgrade.)

IA IA GRANDMA FTAUGN

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I apologize if it's already been brought up in the thread, but does anyone know any games similar to this one? I love really big time wasters like this that can keep you busy for days. One that comes to mind for me is Anti Idle: The Game

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Bacon Drew posted:

I apologize if it's already been brought up in the thread, but does anyone know any games similar to this one? I love really big time wasters like this that can keep you busy for days. One that comes to mind for me is Anti Idle: The Game
Candy Box is a good time waster. Comes with its own combat sequences (eventually!)
A firelit room is another good one. It's much more serious than any others and does a decent job.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Here's an idea for a mod. Countdown timers on all the upgrade and building buttons so you know exactly how long it'll be at the current rate of cookies per second until you can afford something.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

The worst submarine posted:

A firelit room is another good one. It's much more serious than any others and does a decent job.

Why am I immersed before I've even built a hut? :jebstare:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Candy Box is a good time waster. Comes with its own combat sequences (eventually!)

Ginormo Sword is the grand-daddy of all these clicky Skinny Box games.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I am such a sucker for these sorts of games it's untrue. I just love the whole progressing while basically doing nothing thing. And I like numbers going up in games. Really, this one is the killer so far. Fuckin' cookies.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Oh no, what have I done :gonk:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's one after that. :unsmigghh:

I don't have it either.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Oh no, what have I done :gonk:

You've avoided getting the achievement for resetting with a Quadrillion, that's what you've done. :colbert:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

McDragon posted:

There's one after that. :unsmigghh:

I don't have it either.

I do. I immediately got 128 chips on my first reset. :getin:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

neongrey posted:

I do. I immediately got 128 chips on my first reset. :getin:

Speaking of this. I recently decided to look up a heavenly chip chart and I realized that my measly 4 heavenly chips are the result of 16 trillion total cookies baked. Which is bullshit because my first and only reset was after buying every upgrade (at the time) and getting every achievement. That's at least 300 trillion off of the last three cookie upgrades at the time (plus 3 random cookies) alone not to mention 100 of each building and an extra 100 grannies and cursors.

Where are my drat heavenly chips? :argh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you Hard Reset instead of just normal reset, it wipes the hidden absolute-all-time-cookies number. Did you by any chance do that the first time instead?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Still playing this. I am so afraid to refresh because I am technically almost "done" and am afraid he will add some achievement to bake a quintillion cookies or add Cookies@Home to let you hook up multiple PCs running this game to bake cookies faster.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

If you Hard Reset instead of just normal reset, it wipes the hidden absolute-all-time-cookies number. Did you by any chance do that the first time instead?

Nah, I've only done one regular reset to get the three original reset achievements and the never clicks. I think I might try resetting again to see if maybe it got lost somewhere along the way.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Jibo posted:

Nah, I've only done one regular reset to get the three original reset achievements and the never clicks. I think I might try resetting again to see if maybe it got lost somewhere along the way.

Just to be sure, that first reset was AFTER the Heavenly Chips were added in, right?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

LAY-ZX posted:

Just to be sure, that first reset was AFTER the Heavenly Chips were added in, right?

Yeah. It's the only reset I did and I have four chips. Is there a way to get heavenly chips without resetting? Because that could explain it.

E: It was within a couple of minutes of them coming out though. Maybe it didn't quite tally everything up or maybe the calculation was different at first?

Either way, I'm not too bummed. About to reset again with 1q total baked cookies so I'll get mine.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 11, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If I scale my window down really small, where do golden cookies spawn?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

SlayVus posted:

If I scale my window down really small, where do golden cookies spawn?

In the window.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

If my all time baked cookies is only 397,000,000,000,000 is there much to be gained from resetting?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

LibbyM posted:

If my all time baked cookies is only 397,000,000,000,000 is there much to be gained from resetting?

About 20 chips or a 100% boost to base CPS. http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for that link. Sounds like it's a good idea for me to wait a tiny bit longer before resetting.

Edit: Actually I should just sell everything.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 11, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I did not do the sell/rebuy/resell shuffle cause I was going for Nihilism and got 113 Heavenly Chips.

Jesus christ this is so different from normal. :stare:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only 26 quadrillion cookies until I get 117 more chips :woop:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

loving hell, as if having ONE waiting game to play wasn't enough! :argh:

Only reason I haven't reset my cookie clicker is cause I'm playing this game now. But hey, I've almost enough coal for a steelworks!

:negative:

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

We're playing a game where you click a cookie.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Finally reset. Just me and my 20 chips now. Going for True Neverclick :unsmigghh:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I have 1 more achievement I have to get.

That drat 100 time machines achievement. I'm only at 92

Goddamnit. Help :gonk:

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

Migishu posted:

Might I recommend...clicking the cookie?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Migishu posted:

Do you have the 7777 golden cookies shadow achievement? I'm going to wait for that before my next reset, I think.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Colbear posted:

Do you have the 7777 golden cookies shadow achievement? I'm going to wait for that before my next reset, I think.

This is what I keep telling myself but with dungeons around the corner I'm wondering if there's going to be some reason to try to maximize your prestige then and I'll have to reset my almost 2,000 golden cookie clicks.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
So. I'm somewhat close to what passes for an end for the current version. 84 Time Machines, 100+ for everything else. All I really need to be heading straight for "endgame" content is Get Lucky, but... I idle far more often than I actually watch, so I'm not often around for golden/wrath cookies. I'm thinking of resetting for those delicious Heavenly Chips, since a permanent boost like that will complement my idling playstyle well, but I'd like to know what the exact order on selling and buying everything before resetting is that maximizes cookies. Like, do I sell everything down to zero, then buy from the bottom of the list until it's too expensive, then the next up, and so forth, or... something else?

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

:shepicide:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just 15k cookie clicks? I had 150k when I reset. :colbert:

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Like, do I sell everything down to zero, then buy from the bottom of the list until it's too expensive, then the next up, and so forth, or... something else?
Doesn't matter, easiest and least clicks required is buying/selling Time Machines, you get the same % returned of the purchase price no matter what you buy/sell.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
My friend linked this to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The game should have an option to reset everything other than shadow achievements.

• Locked thread