Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

bows1 posted:

Giving away the twist in the tagline. Nice

Oh man, someone hasn't seen the trailer yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read something about how the movie apparently doesn't even try to hide the twist from the audience, instead just hiding it from Ender.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'd like to see them use that tag-line approach with other movies.

Star Wars: It's not a war

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dick Trauma posted:

It works ok for certain things, like The Comedy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dick Trauma posted:

You Only Live Twice: You only live once

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

zenintrude posted:

Get a load of this piece of crap!

I haven't read Ender's Game, are fiery sperm cells an important part of the plot?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

You Only Live Twice: You only live once

The World Is Not Enough: It's Enough

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

The Land Before Time: Space and time have always coexisted.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Dick Trauma posted:

The World Is Not Enough: It's Enough

I like what they're trying to do here but man that's kinda dull. The old Bond posters had more going on and Bond didn't look massively bored on them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

zenintrude posted:

What appears to be orange (for some reason) sperm landing across a young boy's face. Orscon Scott Card, you loving paedo.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

zenintrude posted:

If they had this cast for just about any other movie I'd be sold right away, but I can't muster any enthusiasm about it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Nikaer Drekin posted:

If they had this cast for just about any other movie I'd be sold right away, but I can't muster any enthusiasm about it.

Really?

That cast is pretty dire. Sure it's made up of great actors, but they are either actors who have stopped caring or actors who have only been in one successful role previously.

It's not exactly Cloud Atlas caliber.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I hate Asa Butterfield. I hated him in Hugo and I'm prepared to hate him in this.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Asa Butterfield. I hated him in Hugo and I'm prepared to hate him in this.

gently caress, I thought that was Elijah Wood.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

Really?

That cast is pretty dire. Sure it's made up of great actors, but they are either actors who have stopped caring or actors who have only been in one successful role previously.

It's not exactly Cloud Atlas caliber.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I liked Asa Butterfield in Hugo and Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, and I've been waiting to see what they do next. I thought Ben Kinglsey was fantastic in Iron Man 3, and I really want Harrison Ford to be in something awesome again, so it might well be wishful thinking on my part.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
"Asa Butterfield is such an unfortunate name" is the only thing I can think of every time I see anything related to the new enders game.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Ez posted:

They edit Snowpiercer for the "stupids" and give us poo poo like Transformers, they have it backwards. I'm positive Snowpiercer will be easy to follow but when I saw Transformers 2 I had no idea what the gently caress was going on.

It's a very straight forward narrative. If I had to guess the edits are to tone down some of the more surreal humor and make it a bit more grimdark... which would really ruin a lot of what makes the movie work. They may also be trimming a certain character's monologue for audience members with a shorter attention span.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

It's a very straight forward narrative. If I had to guess the edits are to tone down some of the more surreal humor and make it a bit more grimdark... which would really ruin a lot of what makes the movie work. They may also be trimming a certain character's monologue for audience members with a shorter attention span.

That would be like cutting the drop kicks from Memories of Murder.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Mister Chief posted:

This is the best sentence ever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

As far as I know Ender's Game is considered the only good Orson Scott Card book?

I liked Time Quake.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Skwirl posted:

I liked Time Quake.

That's Vonnegut.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dick Trauma posted:

Man, Harrison Ford is really old now. :smith:

Harrison Ford is 40 years old there.

qwertyman
May 2, 2003

Congress gave me $3.1 trillion, which I already spent on extremely dangerous drugs. We had acid, cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and amyls.
The blues, oranges and stripes combined with the sci-fi theme remind me vividly of the cover for Mass Effect 3.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Or the over-the-top mourning scene in The Host. I mean that movie was somewhat of a hit in America despite being very Korean, and as far as I am aware didn't have any cuts.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

That is incredible. He looks 28 in that picture.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Well I'm 46 so that's still young to me. :colbert:

Also... I didn't realize that. He was ahead of his time in terms of middle-aged actors being expected to be the lead in action movies. And now we've gone beyond that to senior freakin' citizens being the lead in action movies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jurassic World 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That barely looks real. But turns out that it is??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Jurassic World 2015

Tell me that's fake because it misses both the visual design cues in the original Jurassic Park logo as well as not fully modernizing it so it looks like some forlorn 2003 reboot attempt.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's like they ran the original poster through a "Modernization" filter on Photoshop but accidentally set it on 2003 instead of 2013.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Are you telling me brushed steel logos aren't modern?!?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintersorg posted:

Jurassic World 2015

There's no way this is real, right? :cripes:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There's no way this is real, right? :cripes:

It's real.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit. That's not much, I know, but it's not very promising. Hopefully the initial trailer will be good and make the movie look worth seeing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They already announced that Collin Trevorrow of Safety Not Guaranteed fame is directing based on a draft he wrote with Derek Connolly from the same movie

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So if you go to Netflix right now and look at their poster for Event Horizon, it's this:

Except Laurence Fishburne looks even more like a genie with a really long curvy neck. It wouldn't be so bad if the edge of his face didn't line up so well with the edge of the planet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Where Laurence Fishburne is going, he won't need magic genie eyes to see.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

It's like they ran the original poster through a "Modernization" filter on Photoshop but accidentally set it on 2003 instead of 2013.

Hilarious

It just looks like something you would see on deviantart

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The old one has been done in the same style so I guess the Jurassic World logo might actually be the continuation of some logo updating work that was done in the early 2000s. Making the red stick out of the letters instead of being inlaid into the letters just looks so wrong to me, it looks like it should light up like a cheap neon sign.

EDIT: At least we've already got the minimalist poster design covered.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Naw man, this is JP run through a modern poster filter.