Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Isn't the new LA Ermor some kind of horrible bullshit with freespawn ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

First off, get all of Ermor's neighbors to ally up and murder him. LA Ermor begs to be dogpiled because they are insane and annoying to fight.

Ashen Empire is actually MA Ermor now. There's a new version (Lemuria Soul Gates) for LA which replaces all the normal freespawn with ethereal freespawn and gets you immortal mages to summon. As if Ashen Empire wasn't annoying enough to fight.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Zurai posted:

Ashen Empire is actually MA Ermor now. There's a new version (Lemuria Soul Gates) for LA which replaces all the normal freespawn with ethereal freespawn and gets you immortal mages to summon. As if Ashen Empire wasn't annoying enough to fight.

:psyduck: I think Illwinter is trolling us with Ermor at this point.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

avoraciopoctules posted:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1590&st=0

This dom4 map looks really nice.

EDIT:
Does anyone have tips for fighting Ashen Empire Ermor as MA Jotunheim with Alteration and Construction researched to level 6?

That... that is a gorgeous map. Downloading.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Nuclearmonkee posted:

gently caress Ermor forever. Did they just flip them around or is LA somehow even worse than Ashen Empire?

LA Ermor is gone - Pythium is the only remnant of the Empire left. As it should be. (Lemuria doesn't count, since it's all ghosts. :colbert:)

And Ashen Empire in MA is not quite as bad, with the larger amount of priestly power around.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

:siren:You can only recruit one hydra per month do not buy game is awful:siren:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

EA Ur's Sirrushes are similar. I'm sure there are others, too. Not sure I like Slow to Recruit for troops; generally spending 200 gold on a troop is enough to keep me from spamming it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Irony.or.Death posted:

:siren:You can only recruit one hydra per month do not buy game is awful:siren:

Yup it's pretty loving terrible.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I want to make a new nation comprised of air-breathing humans that live under the sea. Their Capitol is in a magic bubble and their main magic line is Air so they can maintain Bubbleopolis. Most of them are poor amphibians with some capitol-only elites as regular amphibians.

Maybe they're exiles from Caelum who couldn't fly so they went underwater to emulate flight as best they could. Is there already a faction like this?

e: Whoops. Caelum, not Arcosephalae.

boho fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 12, 2013

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

boho posted:

I want to make a new nation comprised of air-breathing humans that live under the sea. Their Capitol is in a magic bubble and their main magic line is Air so they can maintain Bubbleopolis. Most of them are poor amphibians with some capitol-only elites as regular amphibians.

Maybe they're exiles from Arcosephalae who couldn't fly so they went underwater to emulate flight as best they could. Is there already a faction like this?

I was toying with the idea of a nation of pirates that, in MA, have really good sailing troops and also troops who wear giant suits of diving armor that can go underwater, then in LA they're cursed by Ermor to be undead and that mixes with their own piratical magic so that they can only live underwater and then their diving suit men become diving suit zombies full of seawater.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

No, there is not already a nation like that. If you give them super good research maybe they could even stand up to Oceania to make the ocean not such an utterly predictable waste of everyone's time! Well, not really, but we can dream.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Irony.or.Death posted:

No, there is not already a nation like that. If you give them super good research maybe they could even stand up to Oceania to make the ocean not such an utterly predictable waste of everyone's time! Well, not really, but we can dream.

Research would be grea--- *dies to blessed Knights of the Deep*

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

First off, get all of Ermor's neighbors to ally up and murder him. LA Ermor begs to be dogpiled because they are insane and annoying to fight.

Assuming you have a large pile of Vaetti Hags researching stuff, I'd get Thaum 1->Evo 2->Conj 4 ASAP so that they can do things.

Thaum 1 lets your D randoms use dust to dust.
Thaum 1+Evo 2+Conj 3 lets you setup a reverse communion for solar rays spam with your S randoms.

:siren:Reverse communions are no longer a thing. :siren:

Edited for bolding and alarms.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
:siren: TestPantheon :siren:

We were talking in IRC, and people were discussing two things: the Valanis map and disciple games. So, I figured I'd try combining to two, and see if there was interest in a game to round out the set with TestCradle and TestRandom.

The setup is as follows:
1) Late Age
2) On the Valanis map.
3) 12 players (no more than two water nations).
4) Four pantheons, one pretender and two disciples each. How people choose to divvy themselves up is up to them, but I'm reserving a pretender spot.
5) High throne count - 24 total points in thrones, 16 to win. That should make things lively.

Post here to signal interest, what role you want to play, and what nation.

Kenlon fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 12, 2013

Shadowofdawn
Jun 30, 2013
I am interested in serving in a disciple spot on a team. i would prefer a non water nation. and will choose a nation to help the pretender i am serving :)

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
Totally want to join on this one, don't care if I'm pretender or disciple.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
Im down to be a disciple.

e: Just signed up as Jomon

LordLeckie fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 12, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'd like to be a disciple, don't care nation or land/water.

Also there's more than 2 (more than 1) water nation in LA?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Interested, disciple.
Nation preference is 1. Ulm, or 2. Bogarus.
Will work for anyone who promises me dom10.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thanks for the advice about fighting Ashen Empire. I'm deploying my Jotun Werewolves to astonishingly good effect so far. Liquid Form has been helping survivability, with Boots of the Messenger for reinvig and mapmove mobility. I managed to get my hands on Fire Brands and bless shrouds, but haven't had the chance to equip them on the main force yet.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I have claimed Pythium in TestPantheon and will lead the Empire to new glory.
Going with strong scales rather than a bless build - who's with me?

Game is up here: http://www.brainwrinkle.net/games/63
If you've decided on your nation, sign up - nation conflicts are on a first come first serve basis!

Kenlon fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 12, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Mind if I be Atlantis?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Speleothing posted:

:siren:Reverse communions are no longer a thing. :siren:

Edited for bolding and alarms.

I'm not sure how I feel about this change. On the one hand, I know they're essentially unintended behavior (since they require fiddling with unit order, which is not something that should be required). On the other hand, they've been a thing for a long time and they're a lot of fun to set up and use. I'm not sure that they're a gamebreaking thing that needs to be removed, honestly. I feel like the game is tactically richer when small squads of otherwise crappy mages can link up and rain down some hell.

ZLogic
Feb 14, 2006

THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD IS HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE
I'm down for some TestPantheon

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
TestPantheon:

It turns out that in order to set up a team game server, I need to know the nation IDs of all players, and what teams they have formed. Please sign up on the GGS site and coordinate forming teams so I can get the server up!

Kenlon fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 12, 2013

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If someone has a gimmick in mind (or just wants to coordinate cold/heat scales or poo poo scales) holler at me, I'll take whatever works.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Kenlon posted:

I have claimed Pythium in TestPantheon and will lead the Empire to new glory.
Going with strong scales rather than a bless build - who's with me?

Game is up here: http://www.brainwrinkle.net/games/63
If you've decided on your nation, sign up - nation conflicts are on a first come first serve basis!

All hail Kenlon!
Count me in as Patala Utgard-Disciple.

Edit: The god will be sleeping or imprisioned?

Korwin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 12, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Dirk the Average posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about this change. On the one hand, I know they're essentially unintended behavior (since they require fiddling with unit order, which is not something that should be required). On the other hand, they've been a thing for a long time and they're a lot of fun to set up and use. I'm not sure that they're a gamebreaking thing that needs to be removed, honestly. I feel like the game is tactically richer when small squads of otherwise crappy mages can link up and rain down some hell.

Oh yes. They were incredibly important and fun and fiddly little things. And they are the biggest reason for certain nations to be at all fearsome in Dom3. But it's a fact of life that we must adapt to.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Korwin posted:

All hail Kenlon!
Count me in as Patala Utgard-Disciple.

Edit: The god will be sleeping or imprisioned?

Whoops - I've already got a full roster with Shadowofdawn and YuriAndrogynopov on my side. Guess you'll have to find another deity.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
In as omething. What's free?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Kenlon posted:

Whoops - I've already got a full roster with Shadowofdawn and YuriAndrogynopov on my side. Guess you'll have to find another deity.

Well in that case, I'll keep Utgard.
Either as Scales Pretender myself (imprisioned) or as Disciple.
Who wants to join me/me to join him?

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
I'll gladly follow you to victory Korwin! I believe in you!

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Team K.I._:
Korwin - Utgard - Pretender (Imprisioned Scales build)
Incy - ??? - Disciple
??? - ??? - Disciple

btw. R'leyh as Disciple should loose his Madness Dominion if someone wants to try it.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
I'd like to join as Bogarus, if they're still available. Disciplin' for the glory of Korwin.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I've signed up for TestPantheon: as Arcoscephale, I am happy to be someones Disciple, but I'm not sure who's!

I'll happily bow at anyone's feet!

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
You should be careful when choosing an imprisoned pretender in a disciple game, since your disciples will start the game dormant. This might come as a nasty surprise when the game starts :downs:.

I'll join the disciple game if Brainwrinkle approves my account soon enough to sign up!

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Korwin posted:

Team K.I._:
Incy - ??? - Disciple
??? - ??? - Disciple

btw. R'leyh as Disciple should loose his Madness Dominion if someone wants to try it.

Scales you say? I better chose ctis. Because they benefit from scales.

Get it? Ctis are lizards which have scales.

I expect sauromancers to be STR, but could someone just check they aren't cap only or D1 or something please?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Team K.I.W.:
Incy - C'ties - Disciple (sleeping)
Werewhale - Bogarus - Disciple (sleeping)

Sauromancer are
not capitol only
Slow to Recruit
F1D3 + 110% FESD Random
Old Age (might have changed with the last patch? Looked at 3.99f)

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

I'd like to get in on some disciple-ship action, if there's space left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

TheDemon posted:

Thread Guidelines:
1. Take all talk about specific games to the PGS thread. This includes timer requests, saying you signed up to a game, sub requests, diplomacy.

Just saying.

• Locked thread