Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's just me, but I thought Uncle Grandpa was pretty terrible. It just seemed to be how many random, wacky things they could cram into an episode and that was about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, there didn't seem to be any rhyme of reason to the random stuff. It was just random stuff.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Good, so it's not just me. It's looked terrible to me from the first promo I saw of it, but the way people kept talking about it here I was wondering "is there something I'm missing that's appealing about the adventures of an interdimensional retarded man?" And Teen Titans Go looked pretty crap from the promos but turned out to be hilarious so I figured I'd give this one a try and no, I don't think I was missing anything.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Good, so it's not just me. It's looked terrible to me from the first promo I saw of it, but the way people kept talking about it here I was wondering "is there something I'm missing that's appealing about the adventures of an interdimensional retarded man?" And Teen Titans Go looked pretty crap from the promos but turned out to be hilarious so I figured I'd give this one a try and no, I don't think I was missing anything.

Yeah, I gave it a shot, and was sorely disappointed. I wasn't a huge fan of the original short either, but I thought there was potential there. But drat, come on, there's only so many times you can use "here is a photo-realistic tiger in a cartoon setting" before you completely suck the humor out of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I really like about Teen Titans Go is how infrequently they actually do any superheroing. More often than not its just the team hanging out at the tower getting into a bunch of bullshit, like tonight's episode where the whole thing was just an argument between Beast Boy and Cyborg about whether burgers or burritos were better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

One thing I really like about Teen Titans Go is how infrequently they actually do any superheroing. More often than not its just the team hanging out at the tower getting into a bunch of bullshit, like tonight's episode where the whole thing was just an argument between Beast Boy and Cyborg about whether burgers or burritos were better.

Yeah, it actually reminds me of Venture Brothers in that the actual action packed part of their lives is secondary to the mundane bullshit of their day to day (taken to an extreme level of course). I really do like it way more than I was expecting to.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I like Uncle Grandpa, but I liked Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Problem Solverz, so my opinion doesn't much count.

Johnny Test still sucks.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I'm really enjoying Uncle Grandpa so far, and I really liked the original shorts online. The consistently bizarre, unexpected animation choices--such as all the weird things UG does with his body--clinched it for me.

But, it's definitely a show that you wouldn't want to watch while hungover, or while suffering a migraine.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Uncle Grandpa's voice really doesn't seem like it can carry the show. It's flat and also grating.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Uncle Grandpa seems like the sort of thing that I would find repulsive or obnoxious, but for some reason I'm mesmerized by it. I can't really explain why, either.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I really like the small visual gags like the photo of Uncle Grandpa now being Uncle Grandpa after he steps out of frame etc etc

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Tron: Uprising was pretty good. I wish there was another season or so of it. The characters were pretty good and I was impressed with their cast.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Gonna say it, if more episodes of Avengers Asembled was like the Hyperion episode, I'd hold the series in higher regard.

If only for that sight gag at the end with Stark giving his wallet to the restaurant manager

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I recently remembered some highlights from the 2011 Looney Tunes show and now I'm really sad this cartoon is over. Some parts might have been hit and miss (Road Runner), but the writing was out of this world. Besides, remember this?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

horriblePencilist posted:

I recently remembered some highlights from the 2011 Looney Tunes show and now I'm really sad this cartoon is over. Some parts might have been hit and miss (Road Runner), but the writing was out of this world. Besides, remember this?

They cancelled it? Goddamnit, Cartoon Network.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Edit: nevermind

Edit2: I found some posts saying the show has been cancelled but they all reference a post on a random toon board from someone who apparently works on the show and that's literally all I can find so who knows?

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 10, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

horriblePencilist posted:

God its like a Manowar song/album with some Black Sabbath in it.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

achillesforever6 posted:

God its like a Manowar song/album with some Black Sabbath in it.
It's also available on itunes oddly enough.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Parts Kit posted:

It's also available on itunes oddly enough.

Without the monologue in the middle though, which sort of spoils it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
People like the Looney Tunes Show? Learn something new everyday.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gaunab posted:

People like the Looney Tunes Show? Learn something new everyday.

Whether you like it is up to personal preference, but it's the best thing they've done with the characters in years.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'd like the Looney Tunes show if only for it's effort to make Lola an actual character.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Whether you like it is up to personal preference, but it's the best thing they've done with the characters in years.

I wasn't the hugest fan, but you've definitely got me there.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

raditts posted:

Talk about being damned with faint praise.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
The Looney Tunes Show was almost a good show, except for loving Daffy. He's basically Ethan from CAD, even down to Bugs regurgitating Lucas-like quotes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

I like the show, but this also ruled.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

The Looney Tunes Show was almost a good show, except for loving Daffy. He's basically Ethan from CAD, even down to Bugs regurgitating Lucas-like quotes.

I don't know, I can see some similarities but I've known people like Daffy and he closer to the egotistical slackers I've known that have no idea that people despise them than the wacky monkey cheese hero that everyone loves for some reason. Plus the writing is actually good and saying someone is basically a CAD character but with good writing is like saying they are nothing like a CAD character.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
At absolute worst, The Looney Tunes Show got CN to start airing blocks of the classic cartoon shorts again. So everybody wins!

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Xiaolin Chronicles will start airing on Saturdays at 9:30AM on Disney XD on September 14th. That's a really bad time for me. :sigh: Does Disney XD usually put episodes aired on their website?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
In my list of ever growing list of poor life choices I picked up a DVD of Donkey Kong Country. I've never heard of a Tv series before but judging by the box excerpt its going to be terrible.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Neo Helbeast posted:

In my list of ever growing list of poor life choices I picked up a DVD of Donkey Kong Country. I've never heard of a Tv series before but judging by the box excerpt its going to be terrible.

I never watched it, but was scrolling through channels and paused long enough for the song Yes Means No. I'd never looked it up until now, but I remember (1) the graphics being a lot better and (2) the song being completely differently arranged.

My childhood is a lie. :negative:

e: It was on Teletoon, too. (I live in the US, so Teletoon was a rare "treat" when I was visiting grandparents.) I could have been watching it right when this was being recorded.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
BANANA SLAMMA!

That show was terrible

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Everyone should at least give Craig McCracken's Wander Over Yonder a chance when it debuts, it's a great throwback cartoon with beautiful animation and fun gags. The debut episode is available now for free on iTunes, I have no idea where else you can see it. It's got a kinetic manic energy to it that I haven't seen in a cartoon in a long time.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 12, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also the main character is Kenneth Parcel from 30 Rock except an alien.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So in case anyone didn't know (because CN didn't advertise it at all) Teen Titans Go has moved to Wednesday evenings. Tonight's episode was pretty great, it had Cyborg creating a love match program that paired up Starfire with Aquaman and Beast Boy with Raven.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

axleblaze posted:

I'd like the Looney Tunes show if only for it's effort to make Lola an actual character.

On the other hand, Kristen Wiig :gonk:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Kirsten Wiig is great :colbert:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

So in case anyone didn't know (because CN didn't advertise it at all) Teen Titans Go has moved to Wednesday evenings. Tonight's episode was pretty great, it had Cyborg creating a love match program that paired up Starfire with Aquaman and Beast Boy with Raven.

Yeah, TTG really nailed it tonight. That fish's face... :allears:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

404GoonNotFound posted:

On the other hand, Kristen Wiig :gonk:

I was floored when I found out that both her and Fred Armisen do voices for that show, it's probably the only thing where I find the both of them tolerable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In this weeks Teen Titans Go I liked how Silky was the minister for no real reason. I also liked how incredibly happy Starfire was to be matched up with a scratching post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I'm surprised that they went with Aquaman instead of Aqualad since there's precedent for Starfire to be into Aqualad. But then I remember that I'm thinking about TTG continuity, and watching the show absolutely incorrectly.