Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

GreenNight posted:

Not really. Would be easier and quicker to call someone like CDW to quote you.

Thanks, I'm going to do that this morning. Is 2013 becoming commmon? Is there backup software out there that supports it yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Yes and yes. Especially for a greenfield install, if you're going on-prem there's really no reason not to go with 2013 that I'm aware of.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Backup Exec supports 2013. We use it for 2010 and it's kinda awesome how you can drill down into individual mailboxes and restore single emails.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
I think I'm missing a basic theoretical part of OSD here. Right now, I'm trying to install desktop icons for apps that won't install them in a silent install, and also for stock windows accessories that we want there too. I'm just installing apps on a sample PC and copying the shortcuts to a package, then making command lines that copy those files to the desktop of deployed PCs. I have been googling and it looks like that's how a lot of people do it. Is there a classier way that I'm missing?

I'm also distributing some non-program file content by making a package and doing the same DOS xcopy command line. It doesn't feel so dynamic, but not as bad as manually putting the stuff in there and capturing a dirty image. Any thoughts?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

GreenNight posted:

Not really. Would be easier and quicker to call someone like CDW to quote you.

Three tries with three reps no quote. Other suggestions?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bob Morales posted:

Three tries with three reps no quote. Other suggestions?

Have you tried this?

http://mla.microsoft.com/

And then find a reseller using this:

http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/SelectCulture

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 12, 2013

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Demie posted:

I think I'm missing a basic theoretical part of OSD here. Right now, I'm trying to install desktop icons for apps that won't install them in a silent install, and also for stock windows accessories that we want there too. I'm just installing apps on a sample PC and copying the shortcuts to a package, then making command lines that copy those files to the desktop of deployed PCs. I have been googling and it looks like that's how a lot of people do it. Is there a classier way that I'm missing?

I'm also distributing some non-program file content by making a package and doing the same DOS xcopy command line. It doesn't feel so dynamic, but not as bad as manually putting the stuff in there and capturing a dirty image. Any thoughts?

Are you talking about Operating System Deployment, or deploying software? How are you moving the icons to the local desktop? I've got a similair app that I need to make icons for, and I use a vbs script to create the icons (rather than copying existing icons). When I get to work I'll dig up the script and post it.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Are you talking about Operating System Deployment, or deploying software? How are you moving the icons to the local desktop? I've got a similair app that I need to make icons for, and I use a vbs script to create the icons (rather than copying existing icons). When I get to work I'll dig up the script and post it.

Installing software packages during OSD, but we would need it for real app packages too. Also, we need to put icons for some stock win apps on the desktop; I was hoping maybe I could put something in the unattend file for that, but it doesn't look that way.

My current approach is: find existing shortcuts in the start menu on a sample PC, copy them to a package, then distribute those shortcut files to the desktop on PCs that are getting those apps. I make a program that's just a DOS copy line, which copies the files from the package to the desktop. Ugly.

Judging by your script approach, you're automating the process of creating them from scratch, right? I wish there was just a shell command to do that. I would like to see the script if you find it.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Wicaeed posted:

Are there any Microsoft official documents on the best way to go from a Windows 2003 domain level (running std ADDS roles + DHCP server) all the way to a Server 2012 domain?

We're currently in the process of doing this. Our Exchange server is 2003 as well so we can't just drop Windows Server 2012 boxes into the environment. We used downgrade rights and put in two new Windows Server 2008 R2 boxes, promoted them to DCs and demoted the 2003 boxes without issue.

Next up, probably in a few months after I take an Exchange 2013 course is to replace that. However, you can't go straight from 2003 to 2013, you have to do a staged migration from 2003 to 2010 to 2013. gently caress.

Then after that in the early new year I'll be redoing those new domain controllers again and putting Windows Server 2012 on them.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IT Guy posted:

We're currently in the process of doing this. Our Exchange server is 2003 as well so we can't just drop Windows Server 2012 boxes into the environment. We used downgrade rights and put in two new Windows Server 2008 R2 boxes, promoted them to DCs and demoted the 2003 boxes without issue.

Next up, probably in a few months after I take an Exchange 2013 course is to replace that. However, you can't go straight from 2003 to 2013, you have to do a staged migration from 2003 to 2010 to 2013. gently caress.

Then after that in the early new year I'll be redoing those new domain controllers again and putting Windows Server 2012 on them.

I recommend putting 2012 R2 as your domain controllers. By next year it will be out for a few months, and it's already pretty solid. That's what we're doing.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

GreenNight posted:

I recommend putting 2012 R2 as your domain controllers. By next year it will be out for a few months, and it's already pretty solid. That's what we're doing.

Unfortunately we already bought the licenses.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IT Guy posted:

Unfortunately we already bought the licenses.

No SA? Too bad.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

GreenNight posted:

No SA? Too bad.

No kidding.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Don't upgrade any Windows 8 users to 8.1 then. 8.1 basically requires 2012 R2 for Group Policy changes.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.
I forgot about this thread but I figured this is the most likely place to find smart windows server people. I'm really at my witt's end about this...

Ok. I've hit something that I have spent the past two days banging my head on how to fix and all the searching is not helping me.

I'll plug my HoTS thread with a quick synopsis.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569891

How do I change the remote server address that RDWEB points you to to tell the gateway that it has a separate external and internal name?

When you google this it's always quickly devolves into some red herring on ssl certs.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Demie posted:

Installing software packages during OSD, but we would need it for real app packages too. Also, we need to put icons for some stock win apps on the desktop; I was hoping maybe I could put something in the unattend file for that, but it doesn't look that way.

My current approach is: find existing shortcuts in the start menu on a sample PC, copy them to a package, then distribute those shortcut files to the desktop on PCs that are getting those apps. I make a program that's just a DOS copy line, which copies the files from the package to the desktop. Ugly.

Judging by your script approach, you're automating the process of creating them from scratch, right? I wish there was just a shell command to do that. I would like to see the script if you find it.

This is how I make an icon. This is just a single vbs file that I can do whatever I want with:
code:
Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
DesktopPath = Shell.SpecialFolders("AllUsersDesktop")
Set link = Shell.CreateShortcut(DesktopPath & "\Einstein Reception.lnk")
link.IconLocation = "C:\C3M\c3mreception.exe,34"
link.TargetPath = "C:\C3M\c3mreception.exe"
link.WorkingDirectory = "c:\c3m"
link.Save
The IconLocation is where the icon is, so that line pulls the 34th icon (starting at 0) in the file c:\c3m\c3mreception.exe.

Copying files around is tricky (or at least it was for me). This is the command I use to copy stuff from a package:
code:
xcopy %~dp0license.dat "C:\Program Files\Matlab\R2009b\licenses\network.lic" /y
%~dp0 is the root of the directory, and license.dat is the file I'm copying. I think the %~dp0 is some kind of Windows convention but I don't understand it, I just know that it works. No slash between that and the file name, that breaks it.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

GreenNight posted:

Backup Exec supports 2013. We use it for 2010 and it's kinda awesome how you can drill down into individual mailboxes and restore single emails.

Warning though, Backup Exec 2012 SP2 won't use Server 2012 as a server, just as a target for backups and restores. And they don't have granular restore on 2013 yet. You've still got to run it off 2008R2 and there's few other things it can't target like Sharepoint 2012 granular.

El_Matarife fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2013

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Copying files around is tricky (or at least it was for me). This is the command I use to copy stuff from a package:

%~dp0 is the root of the directory, and license.dat is the file I'm copying. I think the %~dp0 is some kind of Windows convention but I don't understand it, I just know that it works. No slash between that and the file name, that breaks it.

Thanks for the VBS, it looks very straightforward. I have my copy strings working OK. %~dp0 is an environment variable that I think might only work inside batch files, but I'm not sure. If nothing else, I think it might behave differently. I didn't know that a slash can break it, though.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/percent.mspx?mfr=true

Luckily, I have my copy strings working OK. I learned that even when you use environment variables, you still have to put quotes around the path, or the command line will still choke on spaces, which you might not notice when you're referencing them that way. DOS will never die.

Only thing is, now I just have to make an extra line for uninstall where it deletes the icon. It's easy, but still pretty dirty. I'm glad I'm able to get 90% of my apps to install icons right from the installer.

InfiniteDonkey
Jul 27, 2007

I think I need a hug.
We're trying to get rid of our old extranet sharepoint site that's working on Sharepoint 2007 and considering a migration to Office 365. I've been tasked to create a demo team site and it's been pretty straight forward to this point, but now i've hit a problem i can't solve. I can't change my Office 365 user profile picture. I am a global administrator on our tenant, so right should be a problem, but still i get a error saying my rights are not enough when i try to change my profile picture. I've checked that the picture is within limits and tried different formats, but nothing has worked. Has anybody else had this problem?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

El_Matarife posted:

Warning though, Backup Exec 2012 SP2 won't use Server 2012 as a server, just as a target for backups and restores. And they don't have granular restore on 2013 yet. You've still got to run it off 2008R2 and there's few other things it can't target like Sharepoint 2012 granular.

This is why I'm ditching Backup Exec. Why am I paying for support and maintenance if they can't even support current platforms properly anymore? It took them almost a year to support vSphere 5.1 and 9 months or so for Server 2012 as a backup target.

It's completely unacceptable and I'm looking forward to the phone call asking me to renew so I can tell them that I chose someone else who actually keeps their product up to date.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

Number19 posted:

This is why I'm ditching Backup Exec. Why am I paying for support and maintenance if they can't even support current platforms properly anymore? It took them almost a year to support vSphere 5.1 and 9 months or so for Server 2012 as a backup target.

It's completely unacceptable and I'm looking forward to the phone call asking me to renew so I can tell them that I chose someone else who actually keeps their product up to date.

Yeah I was sitting on the BE2012 SP2 conference call and they spent more time apologizing for the BE2012 trainwreck than they did talking about new features and fixes.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I didn't even bother following it after about 6 months or so. I just started making plans to ditch the software. Even now with SP2 out they're going to fall behind again now that 2012 R2 is coming out. I know they're promising to be faster this time around but I'm skeptical to say the least.

I'm also tired of backups randomly failing but that's another issue.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

KennyG posted:

I forgot about this thread but I figured this is the most likely place to find smart windows server people. I'm really at my witt's end about this...

Ok. I've hit something that I have spent the past two days banging my head on how to fix and all the searching is not helping me.

I'll plug my HoTS thread with a quick synopsis.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569891

How do I change the remote server address that RDWEB points you to to tell the gateway that it has a separate external and internal name?

When you google this it's always quickly devolves into some red herring on ssl certs.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Your outside workstation only has to be able to resolve the RD gateway name. It just tells the gateway what the inside remote computer name is, and the RD gateway is the one that has to be able to resolve the internal name.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I just figured out a new way to handle Nvidia/AMD video driver installs in SCCM 2012 using applications instead of packages. :feelsgood:

:argh: at Nvidia for not providing one MSI I can key off of for detections though.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies
Okay, I have a weird issue. I had been having some problems with some of our systems not communicating with the server that handles the disk encryption. It wouldn't start encrypting until it could report to the server. Opened a ticket with the encryption team and he told me to check the local policy:
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options
Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (always) Security Setting: disabled
Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (if server agrees) Security Setting: enabled

For some reason, the Digitally sign communications (always) Security Setting is set to Enabled. If you look at the 'Explain' tab, it says that the default setting is disabled. I then talked to someone from the Active Directory team to see if a GPO is being pushed to set that to Enabled. She told me to run RSOP.msc to see what policy is setting that. However, when I run that, under 'Computer Setting', it's set to 'Not Defined'. Under Source GPO, it's blank, so I'm assuming that means it's not being pushed by GPO.

So, now I'm wondering how that's being set. We image our systems using MDT/WDS, but I don't recall ever setting that, nor do I even know where you would go to set that. Just curious if anyone else has come across this and how to prevent it from being enabled (short of going to each workstation and manually setting it)?

I'm currently Googling to see if I can turn up anything, but haven't come across anything yet.

***edit***
Sorry, some additional info:
So far, I've only noticed it on Win7 systems. Possibly only x64 systems. I haven't checked x86 as we rarely use it.

TWBalls fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 14, 2013

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Bleh, I'm typically lazy and would just redeploy at the slightest sign of a problem, but this one I need to fix. I've got a 2008 R2 box which has intermittent connectivity issues, and I've ruled out any network congestion/component issues. It is the server. If I RDP into it, I'll frequently get freezes, sometimes the "attempting to reconnect" window, until it eventually wakes up. If I ping it, I'll get a mix of <1 ms replies and request timed out - tellingly, I never get slow replies in the hundreds of milliseconds. It's either all there or not. I feel silly for not really knowing what to do about this guy. I'm running sfc /scannow on it now, and it's up to date patchwise. What else can I look at here?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

That sounds like you have packet loss somewhere en route. Try new cables, another switch port, another NIC, and perhaps new NIC drivers?

If you look at netstat -e -s -p tcp , how many segments retransmitted do you have vs. sent/received?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I have had no luck with Google, how do you run clispy (the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Client Software Distribution Troubleshooting Tool) from the command line and save the output to a text file? I want to feed it a list of computer names without having to go through the GUI and manually saving the log for each one.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Has anyone had issues on Windows Server 2012, when configuring a new SQL Cluster, at the Service Accounts configuration page after you specify an account name for the SQL Server Agent and SQL Server Database Engine, the installer completely freezes for 2-3 minutes while it does something?

I know it's kind of a stretch but right now this is pissing me off to no end as it's failing to find any of my service accounts, which results in a 2-3 minute wait every time I type a username :negative:

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
Does anyone use Amazon to store VMs for a DR\Business Continuity scenario? A consulting company is quoting as for replication to Amazon in the event our main site goes down, we can fire up the replicated VMs and the other sites can continue working.

Can anyone give any insight about their setup? Is it cost-effective? (we are a company of just 150)

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
Anyone who does Win7 OSD, can you tell me if you have messed with the following things in unattend.xml?

I'm trying to set power control panel settings. I am pulling the GUID for "high performance" from a system running the same image, and putting it in the component Microsoft-Windows-powercpl - PreferredPlan. I have read the docs and tried it in all valid setup phases, but it still just sets it to "power saver" mode. I'm wondering if this component is a red herring because I can't find examples of anyone geting it to work. If so, I will probably bite the bullet and script some powercfg.exe lines.

Likewise, I am trying to add local accounts using Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup - UserAccounts - LocalAccounts - LocalAccount. It adds the accounts all right, but it doesn't make the profiles, so you get a profile error when you try to log in. Am I supposed to make the profiles separately, or is there a classier way to make local accounts besides unattend.xml? How are other people automating local account creation?

Also, I have made a new MDT task sequence for SCCM and it ignores the unattend file from the package I specified. On this one, I'm sure it's something really stupid I did that I'll figure out tomorrow.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Demie posted:

Anyone who does Win7 OSD, can you tell me if you have messed with the following things in unattend.xml?

I'm trying to set power control panel settings. I am pulling the GUID for "high performance" from a system running the same image, and putting it in the component Microsoft-Windows-powercpl - PreferredPlan. I have read the docs and tried it in all valid setup phases, but it still just sets it to "power saver" mode. I'm wondering if this component is a red herring because I can't find examples of anyone geting it to work. If so, I will probably bite the bullet and script some powercfg.exe lines.

Likewise, I am trying to add local accounts using Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup - UserAccounts - LocalAccounts - LocalAccount. It adds the accounts all right, but it doesn't make the profiles, so you get a profile error when you try to log in. Am I supposed to make the profiles separately, or is there a classier way to make local accounts besides unattend.xml? How are other people automating local account creation?

Also, I have made a new MDT task sequence for SCCM and it ignores the unattend file from the package I specified. On this one, I'm sure it's something really stupid I did that I'll figure out tomorrow.

Oddly enough, I'm working on these very things myself. I'm not using SCCM though, I'm going through MDT/WDS.
Here's a forum link that shows some tips on power settings.

At one point I had the local user creation working, but I stupidly didn't take any notes and after starting over from scratch, I'm now trying to find the site that I had originally found that showed me how to get it working. I'll update if I can find it.

***edit***
I don't think this is the one I originally had found, but it looks like it should do the trick.

TWBalls fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 27, 2013

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

TWBalls posted:

***edit***
I don't think this is the one I originally had found, but it looks like it should do the trick.

Thanks a bunch for the input. I noticed that johan arwidmark is the one giving the advice on power settings in that forum link, so that's the best answer I'm gonna get. He would know if that component was worth using in unattend. I'm testing powercfg lines to switch high performance and turn off screen lockout (public access desktops). I am considering just exporting a .POW file and distributing/importing that after I'm sure about the settings.

That NET command is probably the way I'll do local user creation, it looks like one of those old commands that has always worked. Of cource, Group Policy would be the "best" way to do most of this, but I have to address several non-domain-connected projects.

With this, almost all of my steps for image building and deployment will be automated. I'm getting there.

capitalcomma
Sep 9, 2001

A grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end.
How does everyone have their WSUS set up?

Currently, our WSUS is just downloading critical and security updates and auto-approving them. Workstations automatically install any updates available and reboot if they need to (at 3am), but servers wait for a manual restart.

This has served us pretty well so far, but because it's been like this for a while now we've got years of patches missing from our systems. Stuff like optimizations, enhancements, and feature additions are all stuff I'd like to start putting on our systems, but I'm not sure how best to go about it.

What's your organization's process for:

- Approving non-critical updates (Hotfixes, rollups, features, drivers(?))?
- Testing updates against your current hardware and software? (Do you have TEST and PROD groups in WSUS? Are they defined in Group Policy? Do they have different installation and reboot policies?)
- Deploying to test groups?
- Deploying to production?

capitalcomma fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 1, 2013

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
We're only small, but we dont auto-approve updates. We delay approving new updates by at least a couple of days just in case one of them is bad. There have been at least one bad Exchange update released this year that we have avoided with this method.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
We ended up automatically approving security and critical updates to the IT department, then approving those updates to a test group a week later, then a week after that approving it for the rest of the org. Considering I have to work with nearly 1000 computers if I couldn't organize the groups using group policy I'd probably drop the whole thing and just auto-approve everything to everyone; it would be less work fixing bad updates. We don't do anything with non-critical updates yet, but considering three months ago we weren't doing ANY updates it's progress. Servers are still on a "when someone gets around to it (never)" update schedule but people are extremely paranoid about doing anything that could cause the servers to reboot unexpectedly in our 24/7 environment so tons of pushback there.

We also purchased Solarwinds' Patch Manager and have been getting quite a lot of use out of it. Being able to keep up with flash updates is wonderful, and while I'd like to do the same with reader and java, we have software that requires certain versions of those so I'm stuck.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Sounder posted:

How does everyone have their WSUS set up?

What's your organization's process for:

Servers: Patches are auto-approved and set for download, but the gpo is set to manually notify. Wednesday after patch tuesday, we change the test patch gpo to auto-install and reboot, so those servers are patched and ready for testing thursday morning. There are a handful of systems we leave up to the application owner to reboot the server manually. Friday we patch and reboot inactive nodes in all of the clusters, and change the production auto-reboot gpo to auto-install and reboot for 5am sunday morning. 6am sunday morning, manually patch the domain controllers, fail over active nodes then patch them, and manually patch a few other servers that don't get the auto-reboot treatment. Application owners are then responsible for testing their systems at 8am and providing documentation for sox purposes.

This is a lot of words to say that it only takes about 4 hours work to patch 600+ systems.

Desktops: Patches are manually approved monthly and set for auto-install, everything gets auto-reboot except for corporate and our 24/7 operations centers. I approve to a test group that is a cross section of all departments and a region of stores, this assignment is handled through group policy security filtering group policy preference. This sits for a week then I approve for production.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

At the last job where I had to manage WSUS I did more or less what you describe with the test OU for patching desktops. We used to just auto approve everything but then an update (I forget the details, something to do with forcing a newer version of TLS security) broke a critical tool and took everyone down for the day til we figured it out. After that I made a Testing OU with a few tech savvy users and/or people within shouting distance of my cube in it and let all updates bake with them for a few days before rolling them out more broadly. It wasn't even a big org, like 100 users, but you only need to be hosed by a bad update once to go away from auto patching.

Honestly the hardest part was getting people to accept forced overnight reboots. And I don't totally blame them, it's annoying to have to set up your workspace all over again. But it's more annoying when the entire company is down because some shitlord with 200 pending updates got the latest worm and is saturating the network.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Unless the update is super mega critical we usually wait 24 hours for some online feedback, then push them to a sample population of users and wait a week. If no one screams we go ahead and approve them for the entire company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Just gonna throw this out there to see if anyone has seen something similar.

We redirect our users' Documents folder to a network location, \\nas\staff\first.last\Documents. Pretty standard stuff here, and most of the time this works perfectly. However, ever now and then batches of users have a problem where they try to open their documents, either through the documents link on the start menu (windows 7) or through the libraries in explorer, and it will take a good 1.5 - 2 minutes before they get any response. They can go to \\nas\staff\first.last\Documents directly and it works instantly.

I haven't seen anything in the event logs that is of any help, so I'm just wondering if this looks familiar to anyone else.